• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

So what are your thoughts on the Zeus, particularly vs other 90* actions?
I love mine. I have zero issues and will be adding more. I haven’t gotten mine super dirty yet but if I can back out to Colorado and shoot with @lowlight again and it survives the nasty sand on his range it’ll survive anything.

I gotta agree. At one point I owned two long actions and one short action Zeus. Sold one of the long actions so I can get a titan when they are ready.

I'd say your best shot at getting one is Greg at southern precision rifles. He seems to get them regularly, especially the long actions.

I gotta agree. At one point I owned two long actions and one short action Zeus. Sold one of the long actions so I can get a titan when they are ready.

I'd say your best shot at getting one is Greg at southern precision rifles. He seems to get them regularly, especially the long actions.
I also have a titan on order. Definitely looking forward to receiving it. Figured they b done soon i was in on the first batch joel said

Just for the record I did call, he was off comms so I texted him lets see if he pops on here lol .
It's 3:41 a.m. I'm calling it a night longgg ass day ;)

Mike R.

• Haha
Reactions: Kanati
So how are these Zeus actions holding up for everyone? Any issues or reliability concerns? How do they compare to the other big names with 90* throws (Impact), just a little more effort? Main concern here is reliability and how they feel to run.
Love mine and the support I have gotten from Joel has been quick and awesome!
Im on my third 6GT barrel so very close to 6,000 6GT rounds fired on it. I also have a 223 barrel with close to 2,000 rounds on it. I have only had one issue which was I needed to replace the bolt stop after 1,000 rounds which probably due to a slight tolerance issue on it. Joel immediately sent a new one free of charge no questions asked.
It has performed perfect otherwise so far at many 1 day and many 2 day matches in the worst of dust, mud and ice covering the entire action inside and out.
5A3EFF6F-4689-4BFB-B400-B4F75A3D8E3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it possible to get a swept bolt handle with the Zeus a la AI style with bolt knob? Those just go so well with a 60 degree throw. I'm considering a Zeus QC for my next build. I will likely legitimately swap barrels between Carbon barrels for field matches and hunting, 223 practice barrels and various comp calibers. I currently swap bolts/barrels on my Origin's fairly regularly, I sometimes do the trailer hitch/barrel vice thing but a QC would be nice.

Will be playing with a Seekins Havak HIT with quick change ability but I kind of miss my AI with 60 degree throw.

Is it possible to get a swept bolt handle with the Zeus a la AI style with bolt knob? Those just go so well with a 60 degree throw. I'm considering a Zeus QC for my next build. I will likely legitimately swap barrels between Carbon barrels for field matches and hunting, 223 practice barrels and various comp calibers. I currently swap bolts/barrels on my Origin's fairly regularly, I sometimes do the trailer hitch/barrel vice thing but a QC would be nice.

Will be playing with a Seekins Havak HIT with quick change ability but I kind of miss my AI with 60 degree throw.
I will likely sell my lefty Zues since getting the 2 Valor actions (which i like lot) and the whole idea was to have 2 of the same action.

Even with my disappointing experience with terminus, it's a very good action. It's built and machined VERY WELL. The bolt lift is my only real "complaint" for lack of a better term. It's pretty heavy, but all 60 degree are heavy compared to a 90, and especially compared to TL3 and Origin actions that have a timed trigger. I would definitely prefer a lighter bolt lift but with a 3 lug and 60 degree, there are limits to how light it can be. It is still a little heavier than other 3 lug - 60 degree bolt lifts that I've run, but you can get into reliability issues trying to get it too light also and nothing about the Zeus was done haphazardly.

It seemed like I got to pressure sooner than other actions with my loads with the terminus also, but that's anecdotal only and not something that I was concerned with or anything.

Literally everything else about the action is damn near flawless. The machining is absolutely excellent and the things are built like a tank. The QC feature works perfectly and the threaded trigger pins are really easy. I've heard of threaded trigger pins stripping out and it being a real problem to deal with once stripped out, but I haven't nor would I expect to strip them. They make it super easy to install or swap a trigger that's for sure.

All in I think it's definitely in the discussion for the best out there and is just really solid.

For those of you looking for a Zeus, sign up for notifications from Bugholes as they seem to get them in frequently, and just had 5 in stock the other week.

I chatted with Joel this morning. He’s busting his butt. Turning them out in batches of 100. Just have to keep watching.
Well. Mine has been on order with him for 11 weeks so far. Unfortunately a couple weeks ago Southern Precision got some in. I should have canceled my order with Joel and bought from Southern Precision.

For those of you looking for a Zeus, sign up for notifications from Bugholes as they seem to get them in frequently, and just had 5 in stock the other week.
I saw that. I have had my order in with Joel for 11 weeks. I should have canceled it when I saw Bugholes had them.

Well. Mine has been on order with him for 11 weeks so far. Unfortunately a couple weeks ago Southern Precision got some in. I should have canceled my order with Joel and bought from Southern Precision.
I’m pretty sure he fills in order so they likely had the order placed before yours. Not justifying anything just relaying what he’s told me. Take it for what it’s worth.

Man I was set on one of these then the poster above freaked me out with heavy bolt lift and quicker pressure signs. One more comparison question since I asked initially, does anyone also have a kelbly action that can comment? I know they aren't 60* but I've heard they are super smooth and the new prometheus looks very good. It's made to take prefits and I have a local guy that deals in them. Should I consider them?

I just talked to bugholes, really friendly folks. They had some a couple weeks ago that went in a few days. That order was placed last September. 🙄 They didn’t think they’d be getting more any time soon.

Reactions: Dolomite
I will likely sell my lefty Zues since getting the 2 Valor actions (which i like lot) and the whole idea was to have 2 of the same action.

Even with my disappointing experience with terminus, it's a very good action. It's built and machined VERY WELL. The bolt lift is my only real "complaint" for lack of a better term. It's pretty heavy, but all 60 degree are heavy compared to a 90, and especially compared to TL3 and Origin actions that have a timed trigger. I would definitely prefer a lighter bolt lift but with a 3 lug and 60 degree, there are limits to how light it can be. It is still a little heavier than other 3 lug - 60 degree bolt lifts that I've run, but you can get into reliability issues trying to get it too light also and nothing about the Zeus was done haphazardly.

It seemed like I got to pressure sooner than other actions with my loads with the terminus also, but that's anecdotal only and not something that I was concerned with or anything.

Literally everything else about the action is damn near flawless. The machining is absolutely excellent and the things are built like a tank. The QC feature works perfectly and the threaded trigger pins are really easy. I've heard of threaded trigger pins stripping out and it being a real problem to deal with once stripped out, but I haven't nor would I expect to strip them. They make it super easy to install or swap a trigger that's for sure.

All in I think it's definitely in the discussion for the best out there and is just really solid.

I know this is a Terminus Thread, but curious how the Valor compares? Is the Valor really a lighter throw? Do the Zeus/Vector barrels work on the Valor?

I know this is a Terminus Thread, but curious how the Valor compares? Is the Valor really a lighter throw? Do the Zeus/Vector barrels work on the Valor?
Yes for my two valors and my one zues. And yes, the barrels swap interchangeably. I am not recommending anything here, just stating my own experience and the barrel tennon prints.

So how are these Zeus actions holding up for everyone? Any issues or reliability concerns? How do they compare to the other big names with 90* throws (Impact), just a little more effort? Main concern here is reliability and how they feel to run.

It’s difficult to compare a 90 to a 60 in terms of feel. 2 different animals and is a personal preference to the individual. They both run great (impact and terminus), they both feed flawlessly. I’ve been running both for a while now. You won’t go wrong with either. If you like 60, it’s tough to find anything better then terminus

Any owners of the Terminus Zeus also own an Accuracy International? Curious on the thoughts between the two as both are quick change systems, both seem to be built well and have good reviews, maybe different target markets?. Anybody switched from AI to Terminus or Terminus to AI? Thanks

Any owners of the Terminus Zeus also own an Accuracy International? Curious on the thoughts between the two as both are quick change systems, both seem to be built well and have good reviews, maybe different target markets?. Anybody switched from AI to Terminus or Terminus to AI? Thanks
Have Apollo lite and atx had a ax also.

Love both. The terminus is a lite weight build.
If I was doing a non AI build it would be a Zeus for sure
Great feel etc

Reactions: TangoSierra916
Got a MRAD, AX, Zeus, Nuke w/Shouldered Barloc.

Love all of 'em and keepin' 'em all! All 4 are easy to switch bbls with. AX, Zeus, NukeBarloc are easier to get aftermarket bbls for. No bbl extensions needed.

Although for the Nuke, I switched to a torqued bbl recently. Had an extra recoil lug and had a bbl cut and chambered for it.

Reactions: deersniper

I've heard of threaded trigger pins stripping out and it being a real problem to deal with once stripped out, but I haven't nor would I expect to strip them. They make it super easy to install or swap a trigger that's for sure.

I was a little curious where you received this intel? I have not ever seen this occur nor have I ever heard this issue about the trigger pins. I've been told that I have some skills but that's probably still up for a debate lol who fucked up one of these actions or was it multiple people that are dumber than wood ?

Mike R.

I've heard of threaded trigger pins stripping out and it being a real problem to deal with once stripped out, but I haven't nor would I expect to strip them. They make it super easy to install or swap a trigger that's for sure.

I was a little curious where you received this intel? I have not ever seen this occur nor have I ever heard this issue about the trigger pins. I've been told that I have some skills but that's probably still up for a debate lol who fucked up one of these actions or was it multiple people that are dumber than wood ?

Mike R.
A pretty well known gun builder is who made that point to me. Like I said, I didn't ever expect to have that issue.

You would really have to try to strip them I used a touch of blue thread lock and just barley hand tight probably 10 inch lbs let them dry overnight and never had a problem. Iv changed ‘upgraded triggers numerous times.

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
I believe he was talking about a rifle that someone brought in who did it while cleaning or swapping a trigger at a match or something like that.
So was it the smith that stripped the pins, or the customer?
Who is the smith that worked on it?

Last edited:
So was it the smith that stripped the pins, or the customer?
Who is the smith that worked on it?
It was the customer, he was complaining about getting them out after they had been stripped. It's apparently very difficult once they are stripped. Don't know why anyone would go so hard on trigger pins though.

It was the customer, he was complaining about getting them out after they had been stripped. It's apparently very difficult once they are stripped. Don't know why anyone would go so hard on trigger pins though.
Looks like it's user error, nothing to do with Terminus.
I wouldn't let that change my opinion about the action if someone used it improperly and messed it up.

I'm guessing the smith was just annoyed with what happened and not with Terminus?

Looks like it's user error, nothing to do with Terminus.
I wouldn't let that change my opinion about the action if someone used it improperly and messed it up.

I'm guessing the smith was just annoyed with what happened and not with Terminus?
Yeah, it was more about threaded trigger pins than the zeus. (There are other rifles that have threaded trigger pins). I don't take my trigger out unless I have to for some reason so, I really don't care but the threaded ones really makes it easy. Apparently, there are those who strip them and when that happens, they are apparently difficult to remove. I wouldn't worry about it one way or the other because I'm not going to strip them and I can handle regular pins too so, there are about 10 other things I'd consider before the trigger pins.

Anyone got any 22br or 22gt or 6bra barrels they wanna sale on here lol

Picked up my new Zeus from the FFL today. Very impressed! Exactly what I had hoped for. Spinning up a barrel this weekend and plan on putting it through its paces.

Thanks Joel for a great product.

Last edited:
Going on 13 weeks now waiting for my Zeus action. Quick question. On this action do I need to buy a trigger with or without the bolt release?