• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

Currently 12 week wait on Zeus QC SA, as of this morning. PVA is 6-8 weeks on a 6.5CM osprey prefit plus 3-4 weeks for cerakote.

The Proof prefits for 223 and 308 are only available in steel for some reason. But I assume you could get a blank spun up.

Call Straightjacket armory and see if they have anything on the shelf?
That's what I saw as well. Thanks!

Apollo Lite/Ti look like a sweet option over the Anti-X at a cheaper price point and DLC coated. Is that mostly because of the multiple parts vs one piece design?

Any issues with it and a HNT26 chassis running a 7SS?

Anyone know if Carbon6 does prefits for this?

Question on the QC vs Std model. Does the QC model have action threads all the way to the end, or do the action threads stop early, to mirror the QC barrel tenon print?

Edit: A: Post 168 picture - threads go to the end

So, if that is the case, you can run a torqued, full thread barrel on the QC action or even a remage, and just remove the set screws, right? While retaining the option of using a short-threaded QC barrel anytime.

Last edited:
Question on the QC vs Std model. Does the QC model have action threads all the way to the end, or do the action threads stop early, to mirror the QC barrel tenon print?
Action threads stop near the shoulder to allow set screws to mate with a "flat" surface.

Action threads stop near the shoulder to allow set screws to mate with a "flat" surface.

On the barrel, threaded for a QC action, yes. But on the action itself, it looked like they go all the way to the end, at least from the pics in post 168, unless design changed since?

On the barrel, threaded for a QC action, yes. But on the action itself, it looked like they go all the way to the end, at least from the pics in post 168, unless design changed since?
The threads go to the end, it is just the front interface where they are removed/shallow.

The threads go to the end, it is just the front interface where they are removed/shallow.

Sorry, I'm writing end when I mean front. The front action threads, where a QC barrel would be smooth, are not the same as the threads behind the set screws?

Sorry, I'm writing end when I mean front. The front action threads, where a QC barrel would be smooth, are not the same as the threads behind the set screws?
No, you can see where they were bur they aren't full threads like the other portion on a qc zeus.

Thanks fellas, I also found more discussion of it on bottom of page 7 and top of page 8.

Would it be prudent to go full thread for, say, a 338 Lapua Improved, or would it be equivalent if torqued onto the QC action? I've seen posts of dropped rifles with the QC system and no POI change... and clearly there must be a length at which rigidity approaches maximum / reaches diminishing returns. I'd like the flexibility of the QC down the line, but will rigidity be compromised such that I might see pressure earlier on an overbore cartridge?

Do you honestly have plans or a desire to switch calibers in the bush, miles from your truck?

Do you honestly have plans or a desire to switch calibers in the bush, miles from your truck?

I might want to QC a 284 to a 28 Nosler, for a long action example. I could certainly live with full shouldered, just trying to get an idea if there is, in fact, a downside to buying the QC action.

In the field, on the side of a mountain?

Because every action is a QC action with the correct tools.

I might want to QC a 284 to a 28 Nosler, for a long action example. I could certainly live with full shouldered, just trying to get an idea if there is, in fact, a downside to buying the QC action.

You can buy a QC action and still torque on the barrels fully. Losing a few threads in the action isn't going to hurt much when you're torquing down the 50-70 ft lbs.

A QC action will accept full thread barrels and QC barrels.

Reactions: SCGunner84
Correct me if I’m wrong but I remember one of the tenon prints says you can do either or of the QC or fully torqued but you would have to add 2 thousands to to barrel shoulder to do fully torqued correctly for thread crush.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I remember one of the tenon prints says you can do either or of the QC or fully torqued but you would have to add 2 thousands to to barrel shoulder to do fully torqued correctly for thread crush.

Yes, it is all in this thread, I should've read the whole thing before posting. Or, don't add 2 thousands and work the brass less. Basically, no apparent downside to buying the QC vs full thread.

Ok yeah just making sure. I probably wouldn’t switch back and forth from QC and fully torqued though just because of that from a reloading stand point with that being said I would just stick with QC on that action.

...no apparent downside to buying the QC vs full thread.
Except the holes in the action where you may not want holes in the action, and missing threads where you may not want missing threads.
Probably not an issue with standard short action calibers.

Except the holes in the action where you may not want holes in the action, and missing threads where you may not want missing threads.

This is what I was getting at from the beginning. That "loss" in rigidity would need to be quantified. From all of the anecdotal reports, which is unfortunately all we will have, the QC action has shown equivalent accuracy to the full thread model. My idea was to buy full thread barrels for overbore cartridges, and QC barrels for normal ones. Unsure if even necessary, but can't hurt.

This is what I was getting at from the beginning. That "loss" in rigidity would need to be quantified. From all of the anecdotal reports, which is unfortunately all we will have, the QC action has shown equivalent accuracy to the full thread model. My idea was to buy full thread barrels for overbore cartridges, and QC barrels for normal ones. Unsure if even necessary, but can't hurt.
It is probably worth just calling Joel up and asking him what he thinks.

It’s not accuracy I’d be concerned with.

Just have the barrels done in the QC tenon print and torque them to full value and put the locking screws on for security. Thats what i do. no issues as of yet.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
I called yesterday and sent an email. Yes, my other worry was potentially finding pressure earlier, but there is even less data on that. But running that logic to the end, I'll wind up with a 1.35" BAT single shot.

Because every action is a QC action with the correct tools.
Not the same. With 2 set screws you can shoot multiple calibers in one range session. You could legit shoot 4 different calibers in an hour. You take your barrel vice to the range?

I can also count on one hand and have fingers left over, the amount of times I’ve actually changed barrels in the field.

Hey guys. Does anyone else’s terminus have a ton of bolt handle bounce when dry firing. Currently running a trigger tech diamond in my Apollo and the bolt handle bounces like crazy when dry firing. Really focused on it during life fire and I feel an odd vibration/ bolt bounce firing live also vs playing with my friends tl3 and origin.

Hey guys. Does anyone else’s terminus have a ton of bolt handle bounce when dry firing. Currently running a trigger tech diamond in my Apollo and the bolt handle bounces like crazy when dry firing. Really focused on it during life fire and I feel an odd vibration/ bolt bounce firing live also vs playing with my friends tl3 and origin.
I have some bolt movement in mine but nothing that looks out of line or unusual compared to my Defiance Anti when dry firing.

So how are these Zeus actions holding up for everyone? Any issues or reliability concerns? How do they compare to the other big names with 90* throws (Impact), just a little more effort? Main concern here is reliability and how they feel to run.

So how are these Zeus actions holding up for everyone? Any issues or reliability concerns? How do they compare to the other big names with 90* throws (Impact), just a little more effort? Main concern here is reliability and how they feel to run.

I just got my Zeus so I don't profess to be an expert but my initial feeling is that it has a heavier bolt lift than the Impact (Impact is very light) and the shorter throw is nice (sloppy technique on my Impact will result in hand contact with the scope).

Closing the bolt is very easy, just the lightest of pressure and it almost seems to close itself!

So far I'm only putting light use on mine at a square range. Bolt lift is nice, I want to say its about the same as my Defiance AntiX long action but that could be due to the fact that the Terminus has a more ergonomic bolt handle. No issues and the only complaint that I have is that Terminus doesn't have boltfaces for .224 Valkyrie or 6 ARC (minor whining at best).

P.S. I love the 60 bolt throw

So far I'm only putting light use on mine at a square range. Bolt lift is nice, I want to say its about the same as my Defiance AntiX long action but that could be due to the fact that the Terminus has a more ergonomic bolt handle. No issues and the only complaint that I have is that Terminus doesn't have boltfaces for .224 Valkyrie or 6 ARC (minor whining at best).

P.S. I love the 60 bolt throw
Neither of which were designed for bolt guns so you really can’t hold that against them.