• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

1678719982603.png

Out of curiosity, did he give you a lead time? I thought he said 8-10 weeks when we spoke in the beginning of January.
I ordered a long action CIP, and a short action November 4th.

The short action was received by my FFL by November 28th.

I am still waiting for the long action. I am guessing it is a lower demand item, and he is waiting for enough orders to do a batch, hence the delay(?).

Last edited:
Reactions: Obi-WanKannoli
I emailed him last week asking about a Terminus Zues long action magnum and if I would have any issues with the QC feature and magnum cartridges. He told me it’s a non issue and that lead time would be 8-10wks

Reactions: Rockfish Dave
When Terminus introduced the zues, it was the exact same as the old curtis vector. Is there a known serial number where this changeover to the current revision occurred? I’m figuring this only applies to the short actions correct?

When Terminus introduced the zues, it was the exact same as the old curtis vector. Is there a known serial number where this changeover to the current revision occurred? I’m figuring this only applies to the short actions correct?
Was just having a discussion about brand name actions, and this is a good example.

Curtis created the vector first
Then terminus came out with the Zeus

If they were both on sale at the same time for same price etc..

Would you have bought the Curtis as it was the original?

Or bought the terminus because it was “newer”?

We were going in circles with it

Ordered my SA Zeus QC on Dec 19th and just received it on Monday. Great quality and easily the best action I’ve owned.

100% worth the wait time and Joel had excellent communication even with how busy he is. 👍🏼

Reactions: Dolomite
Personal experience with Joel and Terminus - nothing short of fantastic. Unmatched customer service and my favorite actions by far. I have 3 of them and will own more. Couldn't recommend highly enough. Remember he is a one man show, but a phenomenal guy and product.

Personal experience with Joel and Terminus - nothing short of fantastic. Unmatched customer service and my favorite actions by far. I have 3 of them and will own more. Couldn't recommend highly enough. Remember he is a one man show, but a phenomenal guy and product.
After speaking with him. I came to understand just how small his operation is. He literally is doing the QC (along with everything else). That takes time, and inevitably something on the business side is going to slip. Personally I feel a little grace and patience is warranted.

Reactions: jrkotz
Was just having a discussion about brand name actions, and this is a good example.

Curtis created the vector first
Then terminus came out with the Zeus

If they were both on sale at the same time for same price etc..

Would you have bought the Curtis as it was the original?

Or bought the terminus because it was “newer”?

We were going in circles with it
i'd pay more for a Terminus any day

Reactions: jrkotz
Anyone use a Kratos Lite? How do you like it?
Been thinking I need one for a new hunting gun.

Thanks Pat.

I recently picked up an Apollo (that I plan to make it a 6creed) and really like it.

Anyone use a Kratos Lite? How do you like it?
Been thinking I need one for a new hunting gun.

Got mine in a couple weeks ago and I really like it. Very solid, and bolt throw feels good in a long action. Really like the top hat bolt knob although it is heavier being steel.

Started breaking in 300 PRC proof barrel, and it's a shooter. As a lefty it was a long wait, but worth it.

He told me 8-10 weeks as well. I was told 6-8 weeks in late December while I was deciding what action to go with. Looks like I will be waiting on the Manners stock much longer.
I called to order an action mid-march and was told 8-10 weeks and i'm really banking on that being close to the real lead time because I'm trying to use it for a comp thats mid-june.
As far as the manners stock goes, I ordered one early Feb '22 and it shipped almost exactly 12 months later. I was told 4-6wk when I ordered it.

I got tired of having to take the action out of the chassis to switch barrels. Finally got enough courage to drill some holes in my HNT chassis, but this is going to make life so much easier.

Attachments

• 20230406_132513.jpg
    20230406_132513.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230406_132405.jpg
    20230406_132405.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 75
Looks good, I am going to do the same. Been thinking of how I can line up the hole as close as possible.
I can't remember but isn't the set screw hole straight through the action? If so (I'm not with my rifles right now or I'd look) , you could take them both out and go right through it a small bit and mark the holes I would think. Just an idea

Looks good, I am going to do the same. Been thinking of how I can line up the hole as close as possible.
I put some tape on the stock and used a pair of calipers to take measurements off of the relief hole on the right side and one of the letters on the left side of the gun. Marked on the tape and drilled a very small pilot/test hole to make sure it was centered right. Put a little play dough or something soft in the set screw and then push the small bit into the hole you drilled. It will leave a mark in the play dough. If centered, just run the correct size drill bit.

I don't know if it was my new bits. But the carbon/magnesium really wanted to grab the bit and turn it into a screw and suck it down quick. Keeping the speed of the bit up, it drilled very nicely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockfish Dave