• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texas Shooters Club matches.

Rich Emmons

just an old has been
Supporter
Minuteman
Ok guys I was asked to post this here in hopes that We here in Texas can begin to form a club of Long range precision Rifle Shooters. The idea of forming the the club would be for shooters to particpate on a local level of club type matches (6-8 per year)at different venues across the state.

The initial thought is that we could form one club at first and based off of membership interest and location then possibly one or two other regional clubs could form.

Some other guys will be working on some questionaires for those interested, but I thought I would go ahead and see who and how many might be interested in being a member.

Membership dues is yet to be determined but would probably be about $75 per year which would go into a club expense account for any range fees, insurance, target cost etc.
Match cost would be around $50 for a day match with payback to top shooters and possibly a reserve kept for a year end championship. (credit to OPPS club please consider this flattery) There are some strong clubs all over the nation like OPPS, Norcal, AZ, Las Vegas and others yet suprisingly there is nothing worthy here in Texas that has been created.

Please post back if you are intersested and your location any comments or suggestions welcome too. Also if you could host at least 1 monthly match please advise.

Re: Texas Shooters Club matches.

This sounds like an awesome idea. I would definitely sign up, I am in Dallas.

I am interested but I work overseas so probably wouldn't be able to make it to too many matches.

Count me in and there is a local range that we can use, it's only 500 yards though so we would have to get creative.

Guys, we are looking forward to getting this off of the ground. As Rich mentioned, we'll have a questionnaire posted shortly to gauge interest. Any questions or concerns, in the interim, are welcome. Please feel free to PM or E-mail me directly.

Best,
Josh

I am in the North Texas area and would be interested.

Sounds good.
Do you have to be a Texan to be a member or will it just be centered out of Texas?
I could possibly host a match at my place.

I'm up for it and can possibly host one. It would have to be in the summer (hunting off season).

Lucks, I'm willing to vote in your favor since your a cripple and can host!
laugh.gif

Getting ready to move back to God's country. Definitely interested. One thing that scares me to death is the lack of PR in the Dallas area.

I am up for it and will help in any way I can!!

The idea seems to be good. Texas has a large amount of precision shooters. It would be hard from the start to set up several regional clubs, but to have general club to start sounds good. Let me know what help anyone needs.

I'd be interested but my participation would be spotty at best since I have small children and travel a lot for my job.

located in houston...

I'm interested, from the Austin area.

Courses of fire? All tactical (run and gun)? prone long range, clay targets, UKD, KD? Sounds fun. Many long range centerfire guys are switching to rimfire, no need to drive hundreds of miles

Would we be able to shoot matches if we aren't a member? I am located on the border of Arkansas and Oklahoma, probably a 4 hour drive but being a member to a place I would visit 6 times a year would be dumb on my part. I will keep an eye and see if I can at least participate, if not at least spectate some matches.

I'm in. North of DFW. I'll help wherever I can.

You can shoot a pistol match of some sort every weekend in the DFW area, and 2-3 tactical shotgun matches a month, other than 3Mils Right we have nothing, I'm in, my every other weekend off schedule screws me sometimes but then again it doesn't.

All -

If you are interested in this club, please take a minute to fill out the below survey. It'll help us get going in the right direction to ensure that this club, and our matches, are successful. Thanks in advance.

Texas Precision Rifle Club Survey

Best,
Josh

Survey completed. I wish I had seen this topic earlier.

Let me know if you need any help.

I'm up for it and if you guys need someone to come whip ass we can load up a couple guys and have a club on club comp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm up for it and if you guys need someone to come whip ass we can load up a couple guys and have a club on club comp.</div></div>
Now I like where this is going Texas / Oklahoma <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Red River Shoot</span>out</span> via Badlands??? Bring it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm up for it and if you guys need someone to come whip ass we can load up a couple guys and have a club on club comp.</div></div>
Now I like where this is going Texas / Oklahoma <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Red River Shoot</span>out</span> via Badlands??? Bring it! </div></div>

We'll have to settle this in the field like men.

Survey sent, Hope this happens...

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, it's very helpful. We're meeting very soon to start planning our first monthly match, along with detailing the club fee schedules. Everyone will most certainly be contacted in short order.

This will be fun!

Just filled it out. Built a rifle for this and haven't done any competition. Would be nice to have something regular closer to home.

Oh Hell Yeah! A Red River Shootout is gonna HAVE To Happen! Piss on the Gooners & Short Horns we can have our own Red River Rivalry!

I haven't shot any competition before but would love to get started in it. Im in the Dallas area.

Hey Rich,

Did you have boys/family that played for the jackets?

Link not working for me either...

All,

The link was pulled and we're tallying results right now. That's not to say that membership is closed, but we feel like the poll was up long enough to gauge the correct amount of interest. Unsurprisingly, there is plenty of interest, and we'll be posting more details sometime this week. Thanks to everyone that took the time to fill out tge questionnaire.

Best,
Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtownBcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Rich,

Did you have boys/family that played for the jackets?

Link not working for me either...</div></div>
My nephew Mr. Josh Emmons DT Jackets 2009-2010

I figured there couldnt be that many Emmons running around S-Ville. He was a Haus, was glad to see him graduate....lol

You shoot at tac pro or do you have your own place?

I like the idea of a Red River Shootout, I will bring this up in the next OPPS meeting