• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors The Alpha Class of Suppressor Covers - Liberty's Defense

Sure if you are shooting low round count where the barrel/can isnt actually getting hot that works but i have personally either shot off/ melted 3 different can covers. Also if you do any type of barricade shooting theres a good chance you’ll pull the competitors covers off as well.

This is overkill for mirage imo. This is for people who want to burn it down on a short carbine (potentially FA) and not have to worry about melting it. I’ve got a really nice Rauch Precision for mirage abatement (that can still take some mild use) that’s like 1/4 the cost.
I haven’t been happy with anything I’ve tried, but I haven’t tried this.
Coletac. I shoot magnum bolt guns and its significantly improved mirage. Dont be a sucker and buy this
I’m looking for gone, not improved. Ti cans heat up quickly and while they do cool quickly, strings of a good pace and count make it difficult. I’m not always looking to sit 20+ minutes between strings.

I’m looking for gone, not improved. Ti cans heat up quickly and while they do cool quickly, strings of a good pace and count make it difficult. I’m not always looking to sit 20+ minutes between strings.
After 100 rapid fire rounds can cover was 130 degrees Fahrenheit i used a flir thermal to track temperature. Im very happy with my results again code 300bo to make it a little cheaper

There’s so many factors that can affect how effective a cover can be at mirage abatement. Cartridge, round count, ambient temperature, is can/cover in the sun, etc. Then how would you identify how well one does over the other? Can temperature would need to start the same. Would you want thermal temperature measurement? I guess what I’m saying is maybe I’ll try to do a more formalized review with several covers but I’d need to come up with a fairly reliable and repeatable testing process.

Reactions: Bluedog82
I promised photos earlier and finally got my Sierra 5 back so I could put on the burnproof.

Top to bottom, Burnproof, Cole Tac, Can Chap and Armageddon Gear.

I've put the Huxwrx HUB mount on the suppressors running the Burnproof and Scope Chap which adds length and as such, the covers don't cinch behind like they would with a direct thread mount. None the less, there's enough of a rear taper for it to keep the covers from shooting off. You can grab the rifle by the suppressor and shake it up and down and the covers don't move. Same with the Armageddon as it wraps around the rear as well.

Burnproof

Armageddon Gear

Can Chap

I had an idea I shared with the Can Chap folks about using the same inner sleeve the Burnproof uses since I have a bunch of that specific material on hand. I'll be testing that concept here soon and it may open up the door for the Can Chap as a semi-hard use cover if it doesn't introduce slip. The Armageddon Gear, out of the three, looks like it'll take the most amount of heat. The Burnproof is far slimmer and less bulky. I have not shot with the Burnproof in anger but I'm hoping to test all three out on Sunday. Both the Armageddon and Can Chap are 1/3 the price of the Liberty. The Burnproof is about half the cost with a coupon. All fit well, and 20/20 hindsight, I'd probably order the Armageddon about 1/4" longer. All three still allow the suppressor to be removed and the ability to get a wrench on it if needed.

Lastly, the Coletac. Fits really well and is the easiest to install. But the buckles get extremely hot, the inner sleeve has split and it would slip off under recoil from day one. I added a kevlar lanyard to try and keep it from slipping off but it's only marginally effective. I may experiment a bit with the inner lining and see if I can find something better.

The Burnproof inner lining

Can chap with the same material. Really hoping it works out as the Can Chap is the sleekest of them all and almost as easy to install as the Cole-Tac.

I have an Armageddon I ordered fit for a Dominus K-SR that I'm okay with; however, I have another AG ordered to fit a suppressor (drop down, not custom) that was materially defective. Considering how much of the suppressor can end up exposed after cinching the back, ordering custom a 'lil longer and hoping the blind guy didn't sew it is probably a good option.

Cinched back over the rear of the can the AG won't slip, same with Can Chap, at least when there's a bit of a step or it's a direct thread.

I've shot the Can Chap and it didn't slip even a mm thanks to the tacky inner coating. When ordering the Armageddon, I wanted to make sure it wasn't so long that it would be exposed to the radial exit ports on the Huxwrx Flow 762 as it'd chew up the end of the cover. But like I said, I probably should have made it 1/4" longer or so. Anticipating it'll work quite well and at less than $100, it's a good value vs. something like the Burnproof or Liberty.

I promised photos earlier and finally got my Sierra 5 back so I could put on the burnproof.

Top to bottom, Burnproof, Cole Tac, Can Chap and Armageddon Gear.

I've put the Huxwrx HUB mount on the suppressors running the Burnproof and Scope Chap which adds length and as such, the covers don't cinch behind like they would with a direct thread mount. None the less, there's enough of a rear taper for it to keep the covers from shooting off. You can grab the rifle by the suppressor and shake it up and down and the covers don't move. Same with the Armageddon as it wraps around the rear as well.

Burnproof

Armageddon Gear

Can Chap

I had an idea I shared with the Can Chap folks about using the same inner sleeve the Burnproof uses since I have a bunch of that specific material on hand. I'll be testing that concept here soon and it may open up the door for the Can Chap as a semi-hard use cover if it doesn't introduce slip. The Armageddon Gear, out of the three, looks like it'll take the most amount of heat. The Burnproof is far slimmer and less bulky. I have not shot with the Burnproof in anger but I'm hoping to test all three out on Sunday. Both the Armageddon and Can Chap are 1/3 the price of the Liberty. The Burnproof is about half the cost with a coupon. All fit well, and 20/20 hindsight, I'd probably order the Armageddon about 1/4" longer. All three still allow the suppressor to be removed and the ability to get a wrench on it if needed.

Lastly, the Coletac. Fits really well and is the easiest to install. But the buckles get extremely hot, the inner sleeve has split and it would slip off under recoil from day one. I added a kevlar lanyard to try and keep it from slipping off but it's only marginally effective. I may experiment a bit with the inner lining and see if I can find something better.

The Burnproof inner lining

Can chap with the same material. Really hoping it works out as the Can Chap is the sleekest of them all and almost as easy to install as the Cole-Tac.
Tell me more about this "burnproof", is that the same as the Insultherm pic above? Are you ordering this from the cover mfr or did you find it and just adding to your existing covers?

Yes, Burnproof uses the Insultherm for their "hard use" version of their suppressor cover as the initial bottom layer. It's good stuff. I recognized it the moment I saw it as I use it in an automotive application for a component I make. It expands so the 1" diameter version can accommodate a 1.5"+ diameter suppressor. It fit over both my Huxwrx HDQD 762Ti and my Diligent Defense Enticer S. IF you do use it, you'll want to measure the diameter and order a larger diameter cover. If I were to put it below my Can Chap, there'd be a gap, likely about .25".

Reactions: Glassaholic
I tested my Rifles Only HAD cover for 120 rounds through my 11.5 SBR.
It took about 5 mins to run through those rounds.
Cover stayed on really good but was smoking for a little while.
Changed part of my FDE can to OD grn from the heat I'm guessing.
I could still touch the can and cover bare handed for a couple seconds until it was too hot.
Having a rifle/pistol class coming in Sept., I decided to order a Libertys Defense cover today and see how that one is.
I used code GEARMINDED for a discount.
It discounted the same amount of money using the 300bo code.

I could still touch the can and cover bare handed for a couple seconds until it was too hot.
Having a rifle/pistol class coming in Sept., I decided to order a Libertys Defense cover today and see how that one is.
Yeah, multiple people have codes (including me). For what it’s worth, I get a percentage kickback from mine and I assume the others do too. Regardless, it’s an outstanding cover!

For that type of use id highly recommend Manta Defense: https://mantadefense.com/product-category/suppressor-covers/

I have their V2. Compared to the Rifles Only HAD the Manta is much more secure and blocks much more heat.

Biggest disadvantage is the cover isn't easy on and off. You have to use hand sanitizer to slip it on and get it off. But it's very secure.

Yes, Burnproof uses the Insultherm for their "hard use" version of their suppressor cover as the initial bottom layer. It's good stuff. I recognized it the moment I saw it as I use it in an automotive application for a component I make. It expands so the 1" diameter version can accommodate a 1.5"+ diameter suppressor. It fit over both my Huxwrx HDQD 762Ti and my Diligent Defense Enticer S. IF you do use it, you'll want to measure the diameter and order a larger diameter cover. If I were to put it below my Can Chap, there'd be a gap, likely about .25".
So Burnproof is an actual manufacturer, was not aware of them. Nor have I heard of Manta Defense. This thread has turned into quite a good resource for suppressor covers 👍

Reactions: MO Fugga
Yeah, multiple people have codes (including me). For what it’s worth, I get a percentage kickback from mine and I assume the others do too. Regardless, it’s an outstanding cover!
I wish I'd have known that, I would have used your code.
I just found one searching forums.

For that type of use id highly recommend Manta Defense: https://mantadefense.com/product-category/suppressor-covers/

I have their V2. Compared to the Rifles Only HAD the Manta is much more secure and blocks much more heat.

Biggest disadvantage is the cover isn't easy on and off. You have to use hand sanitizer to slip it on and get it off. But it's very secure.
If those are made out of the same silicone the Wekatech ones are, those don't work for high round count stuff.
I could see the Wekatech one smoking like a bastard and it slipped right off when hot and stank to high hell.

If those are made out of the same silicone the Wekatech ones are, those don't work for high round count stuff.
I could see the Wekatech one smoking like a bastard and it slipped right off when hot and stank to high hell.
Just looking at the photo, doesn't appear to be the same material.

I've used the Manta for high round counts. It's significantly better than any of the fabric wrapped covers I've used (BPG, Rifles only, Armageddon)

Kickback? Dang, no one offered me a kickback, how do you get that?

I have a small YouTube channel. I assume that @Chris Martin gets a kickback as well, which is why he keeps posting his code (I think it’s important to disclose that on a forum like this). But I can’t say for sure!

Oh right, I am on the fence about doing a youtube channel. I just can't imagine anyone would want to watch this old man blabbing about optics this, shooting that, and so forth... I have ADHD so get lost in thought and distracted by squirrels (I mean literal squirrels as I like to do videos outdoors) so am able to articulate myself better through writing than through video.

Oh right, I am on the fence about doing a youtube channel. I just can't imagine anyone would want to watch this old man blabbing about optics this, shooting that, and so forth... I have ADHD so get lost in thought and distracted by squirrels (I mean literal squirrels as I like to do videos outdoors) so am able to articulate myself better through writing than through video.
It’s definitely harder than it looks, especially doing everything as a one man show. Back on topic though, here’s 30 rounds rapid fire (obviously abridged for the video) and the cover is still able to be grabbed no problem.

It’s definitely harder than it looks, especially doing everything as a one man show. Back on topic though, here’s 30 rounds rapid fire (obviously abridged for the video) and the cover is still able to be grabbed no problem.

I saw that video too, same experience with my Liberty's Defense and my LMT MWS shooting M80 ball at a pretty rapid pace...