The AR15 Picture Thread

Forgetful Coyote

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
I'm not sure. The only thing I can think of is that I think Geissele used a slightly longer than mid-length gas system on the 16" barrels. I'm sure an AGB would soften it up even more but I got this one to have something I could leave completely factory that people couldn't give me shit up as a back like if one of my home brews goes down at a class or something lol

ETA: Home brew may weight slightly less but not more than a half a pound
All the cool cats and kittens rock Geissele

RoughRider777

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2020
Sweet. How do you like it?
I dig it. Shoots great and the trigger is insane. One of the most well balanced guns I own even with the LPVO. Its very accurate with 75g hornady hpbt. Trying to get out to the 850 yard range to run it with some distance.

for the features it comes with I don’t think there are many better values out there and I admittedly spent more than I wanted, but you gotta pay to play.

MSTN

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
MSTN.BIZ
Yanked the .224 Valkyrie barrel & bolt out of this gun and replaced with a Proof Research 18" CFW 6mm ARC barrel and appropriate bolt. First day out with Hornady 105 BTHP produced sub-MOA groups at 2689 FPS.

Anybody need a nice Bartlein 20" fluted Valkyrie barrel by Craddock Precision and JP Enhanced bolt? Shoots great but this new cartridge has me all lathered up.

IMG_9099.jpegIMG_9100.jpgIMG_9101.jpegIMG_9102.jpeg

Last edited:

RoughRider777

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2020
Yanked the .224 Valkyrie barrel & bolt out of this gun and replaced with a Proof Research 18" CFW barrel and appropriate bolt. First day out with Hornady 105 BTHP produced sub-MOA groups at 2689 FPS.

Anybody need a nice Bartlein 20" fluted Valkyrie barrel by Craddock Precision and JP Enhanced bolt? Shoots great but this new cartridge has me all lathered up.

View attachment 7438290View attachment 7438291View attachment 7438292View attachment 7438293
That thing is the sex.

Reactions: MSTN and FishinGuns

AMGtuned

Just white trash with money.....
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 6, 2018
Maine
Aero Precision upper and lower. Ballistic Advantage barrel. KAC trigger and handguard. Surefire suppressor. Night Force 2.5-10x24
Classy looking and to the point. I like it, looks mint. Shoot well? I've had good luck with BA, some other folks, not so much

thestoicmarcusaurelius

The Real Tiger King
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2020
Alabama Slammer
Specs/Details on the rifle on the left in top pic?
Seekins 14.5" barrel pin and weld with YHM Brake and YHM resonator
Aero Lower
VLTOR Upper
Lantac Enhanced BCG
Geissele S3G
Sentry Arms AGB
JP Silent Capture
Midwest 14" slimline handguard
Magpul SL-S stock and Magpul grip
Radian SD Ambi Charging Handle
PDQ Lever and Troy Ambi mag release
Radian Ambi safety
Trijicon 1-8
Blue Force Gear Sling

Last edited:

MSTN

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
MSTN.BIZ
Here's a recently completed AR' PDW "pistol" in 5.56 that turned out especially well....

Battle Arms Development (aka "BAD") 556-LW receiver set and 9" RigidRail; V Seven insanely gorgeous fluted SS barrel; Dead Air flash suppressor; Geissele Super Charging Handle; Young MFG M-16 slick bolt carrier, hard chromed and then Ionbond DLC coated, with JP Enhanced Bolt - also DLC coated; Trigger Tech Competitive Trigger, 3.5 LB; Gearhead Works Mod 2 pistol brace with JP SCS H2 inside; all the small parts are aluminum alloy from V Seven; BAD pistol grip; Aimpoint T-2 in Geissele Absolute Co-Witness mount.

Reactions: RoughRider777

Forgetful Coyote

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
Here's a recently completed AR' PDW "pistol" in 5.56 that turned out especially well....

Battle Arms Development (aka "BAD") 556-LW receiver set and 9" RigidRail; V Seven insanely gorgeous fluted SS barrel; Dead Air flash suppressor; Geissele Super Charging Handle; Young MFG M-16 slick bolt carrier, hard chromed and then Ionbond DLC coated, with JP Enhanced Bolt - also DLC coated; Trigger Tech Competitive Trigger, 3.5 LB; Gearhead Works Mod 2 pistol brace with JP SCS H2 inside; all the small parts are aluminum alloy from V Seven; BAD pistol grip; Aimpoint T-2 in Geissele Absolute Co-Witness mount.

Is V7 making barrels in house themselves?

FishinGuns

Doesn’t fish well with others
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2017
Michigan
Here’s a money pit 6.5 Gendel I’ve been piecing together for about two years:

-Seekins SBA15 lower, IRMT-T upper, MCSRV2 15” Mlok rail
-20” Proof Research CF barrel
-Griffin Armament Paladin 300, Griffin Armament Ti Minimalist brake, FDE Coletac wrap
-SLR Sentry 8 Ti
-Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18 in a Warne Xskel mount
-JP VMOS heavy, H2 SCS, Ionbond bolt
-Geissele SD-E
-Radian Raptor SD in FDE
-Amend2 Mags cerakoted FDE and Magazine Blocks custom limiter to 5rd for hunting.
-All other plastic is Magpul FDE. UBR is Gen 1.
-Cerakote by Odin’s Workshop. Receivers and handguard are a medium brown (I just call it shit-brown), parts are FDE.

Just gotta get some ammo and see what she’ll do. I bedded the barrel w/Loctite 620, torqued everything with a recently calibrated torque wrench.

I have a second Seekins upper & lower receiver/hanguard set I had cerakoted the same color, at the same time, that will be an 18” .223 Wylde or 6ARC. Kinda waiting to see how the 6ARC teethes in the lighter weight bullets. It will be a dedicated coyote gun. The Grendel above will be a deer gun.

Attachments

Slim6.5Grendel

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2020
6.5 Grendel,
Faxon Heavy fluted match 20" barrel
BCA side charging upper
HK MR556 lower
Don't remember what trigger is it, something I got as a sample
Luth-AR stock, rifle length
Geissele super 42 recoil spring
Hand guard is a carbon fiber prototype
SureFire SOCOM brake
120960574_615672875767644_8143866754691137563_n.jpg

Wb7

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2020
Best quality components always produce best quality results. These are all best quality parts: Battle Arms Development (aka "BAD") 556-LW billet receiver set combined with BAD-CSS-P VERT Pistol Brace System complete with Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 1.... no finer pistol brace in the world! Criterion Core 10.5" chrome lined barrel with Wylde chamber and SLR adjustable gas block. Feed ramps contoured and polished. Headspace checked with PTG gauges. BAD 9.5" RigidRail forend. Surefire 5.56 WarComp. Geissele Airborne Super Charging Handle. MSTN DLC coated bolt carrier group with Young Mfg. bolt carrier and JP enhanced bolt. TriggerTech 3.5 LB competitive trigger on V Seven titanium fire control pins. BAD EBC Enhanced Bolt Catch. BAD mag release with BAD extended magazine button. DHD DLC coated SS push pins and short throw safety. Magpul MOE K2 pistol grip and 30-RD magazine. Weight 5 LB 9 OZ.

View attachment 7388365View attachment 7388366View attachment 7388367View attachment 7388368View attachment 7388369View attachment 7388370View attachment 7388371View attachment 7388372View attachment 7388373
How is the tailhook fitted to this PDW stock? I have the same setup, in monolithic form and wonder how this is done. Also is that firearm considered a Pistol? or SBR LOP looks long for Pistol. Thank you

Wb7

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2020
Nevermind. I see Battle arms makes a monolithic PDW with the tale hook installed. I want to convert mine over, probably no dice.

Wb7

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2020
I was just looking at the adapter when you replied. Awesome thank you for the reply. Added bonus they are even instock.

Trigger Monkey

Ronin
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2005
Winchester Virginia
Pic thread.

20" blaster I put together for an article a while back, maybe 2 years ago while I was checking out a Bergara 20" AR barrel. The receivers and handguard are from AeroPrecision, the BCG is a Brownells nitrided unit, and the LPK was a Stag Arms kit. It shot ok, I think with some more time to figure out what it liked it would've been a solid MOA gun. Slinging 55's it was dead on with the BDC out to 400.

9.JPG

Reactions: RoughRider777