• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

Current competition setup:

-18” Criterion CORE
- ADM upper
- ADM lower
- CMT 15” handgaurd
- Trijicon Credo 2-10x36
-Griffin RECCE 5

Attachments

• 8303D6D8-A078-4804-ADCC-779BB9A2963D.jpeg
    8303D6D8-A078-4804-ADCC-779BB9A2963D.jpeg
    854.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Figured I would throw in my Recce build for Ss and Gs.

Sig Lower (I'm a lefty and the ambi controls are super nice and still low profile. I've found some of the other lowers ambi lower controls stick out a little too far and are prone to snag. Sig built the receiver around the controls so they are essentially snag free.
The trigger is the Geissele SD-3. You just can't go wrong with a Geissele.
Upper is an Aero M4E1 14.5 Upper with SOLGW NOX break. Threw in a JP BCG and JP captured buffer. The buffer was the best $80 dollars I've ever spent. That action is smooth as glass. Radian Raptor SD charging handle to mitigate some of the gas blowing back in my face when I run it suppressed. Also have an MFT butt stock. I am not sure that I like it to be honest. It has a tendency to get caught in my gear if I am wearing a chest rig. I have seen people tie some paracord onto it to bridge that gap, but that just seems like extra work for an additional failure point.

Optics are Vortex Razor Gen 3 on a 1.73 Badger Ordinance mount with a 6 MOA DPP on a 45 degree mount. I had 3 MOA that worked great as well, but I didn't need that fine of a dot for this set up as I don't use it for anything beyond 50m. If the target is that far out im transitioning to my primary optic. The 3MOA went on one of my pistols.

Light is just a SF scout. I use to have a Unity Fast Button but it just took up unnecessary space and with my grip on the rifle my thumb activates the pressure switch with ease.

I use the Haley Strategic sling. I know there are probably better options but I've used this exact sling on all of my rifles when I was in. (M4, M14EBR, and M2010) and its just powered through and held up nicely.

I can get .75" groups out of it at 100 using good ammo and I've gotten consistent dope out to 1K with this rifle using 77gr Sierra MKs (and good weather) As we all know, the extra 5.5 inches on a DMR build makes a hell of a difference when stretching your legs beyond 500.

Attachments

• 20230225_091111.jpg
    20230225_091111.jpg
    943.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 20230225_091051.jpg
    20230225_091051.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: S197 and greg1147
Figured I would throw in my Recce build for Ss and Gs.

Sig Lower (I'm a lefty and the ambi controls are super nice and still low profile. I've found some of the other lowers ambi lower controls stick out a little too far and are prone to snag. Sig built the receiver around the controls so they are essentially snag free.
The trigger is the Geissele SD-3. You just can't go wrong with a Geissele.
Upper is an Aero M4E1 14.5 Upper with SOLGW NOX break. Threw in a JP BCG and JP captured buffer. The buffer was the best $80 dollars I've ever spent. That action is smooth as glass. Radian Raptor SD charging handle to mitigate some of the gas blowing back in my face when I run it suppressed. Also have an MFT butt stock. I am not sure that I like it to be honest. It has a tendency to get caught in my gear if I am wearing a chest rig. I have seen people tie some paracord onto it to bridge that gap, but that just seems like extra work for an additional failure point.

Optics are Vortex Razor Gen 3 on a 1.73 Badger Ordinance mount with a 6 MOA DPP on a 45 degree mount. I had 3 MOA that worked great as well, but I didn't need that fine of a dot for this set up as I don't use it for anything beyond 50m. If the target is that far out im transitioning to my primary optic. The 3MOA went on one of my pistols.

Light is just a SF scout. I use to have a Unity Fast Button but it just took up unnecessary space and with my grip on the rifle my thumb activates the pressure switch with ease.

I use the Haley Strategic sling. I know there are probably better options but I've used this exact sling on all of my rifles when I was in. (M4, M14EBR, and M2010) and its just powered through and held up nicely.

I can get .75" groups out of it at 100 using good ammo and I've gotten consistent dope out to 1K with this rifle using 77gr Sierra MKs (and good weather) As we all know, the extra 5.5 inches on a DMR build makes a hell of a difference when stretching your legs beyond 500.
Is the mag release by SIG, I have tried a couple of others Forward Controls, can't recall the others. FC seems to be my preference on a similar
rifle but pricey $$.

Is the mag release by SIG, I have tried a couple of others Forward Controls, can't recall the others. FC seems to be my preference on a similar
rifle but pricey $$.
Yes the lower was actually off of a Sig M400. I bought the whole rifle a number of years back and hated the upper so I put that on my sons rifle. The lower is great and has solid lock up with both Pmags and STANAG magazines. I highly recommend it for a lefty.

I believe the optimum long range performance per pound is achieved with a lightweight yet sturdy 18" Proof CF barrel 6mm ARC build. This rifle, even with heavier buttstock and pistol grip, still comes in at 6 LB 10 OZ. With Hornady factory ammo, accurate 1000 yard shots are quite achievable.

IMG_3133.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3141.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg

I believe the optimum long range performance per pound is achieved with a lightweight yet sturdy 18" Proof CF barrel 6mm ARC build. This rifle, even with heavier buttstock and pistol grip, still comes in at 6 LB 10 OZ. With Hornady factory ammo, accurate 1000 yard shots are quite achievable.

IMG_3133.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3141.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg
What mags?

Love seeing all these high end builds. Here's something a little different.

Snagged this super cheap complete upper last week from SAA. $260.
Threw on some MI sights and a spare radian CH I had to replace the basic one.

30peNqG.jpg

lsoh2t6.jpg

Last edited:
This whole thread will make you happy! So many nice guns. I’ll add mine in I guess.
Mega MML set 5.56, BCM bcg, Geissele Sd-e, proof stainless barrel, Steiner T6xi. It loves 77 SMK’s.
Whats the zoom factor on your scope?

I thought it might be. Opinions?

It checked every box I wanted in a scope except I’d liked it a few ounces lighter. It’s lived up to what I wanted. Very crisp clear image from bottom to top, good eye box, nice FOV, perfect tracking since setting my zero about 4 months ago and running it out to 700 yards and back many times (as it should be), turrets unlocked are the type you would want even without locks, they have some resistance but not to much, audible but could be more for some folks but definitely easily heard. Also pulls in a lot of light as dusk/dawn and illumination is perfect in low light situations but is not daylight bright unless overcast or shaded areas.

ar.jpg

I want to like this 10-rd mag for riding in the truck but its been causing jams on me.

Been in the making for quite some time but it's finally put the 6mm ARC together! Aero Percision upper/lower & handguard, 22" Rainier ultramatch, Luth AR stock, Voodoo LW carrier w/ JP bolt, CMC trigger, and superlative gas block. Now time to slap on an optic and head out to the range.... as soon as it quits being so damn cold. Lol
20230318_190122.jpg

Been in the making for quite some time but it's finally put the 6mm ARC together! Aero Percision upper/lower & handguard, 22" Rainier ultramatch, Luth AR stock, Voodoo LW carrier w/ JP bolt, CMC trigger, and superlative gas block. Now time to slap on an optic and head out to the range.... as soon as it quits being so damn cold. Lol
View attachment 8100514
Like to know how it shoots when you do get out. I have two Rainier UM barrels in two other calibers, been curious about it in a 6arc. And yes, I’m done with winter myself for the year!

Reactions: Mag44579
New scope and mount. Trying out the 1.93 height. Really enjoying larping around with it.

ADM 1.93 mount and the new PA Nova 1-6.
syU5hPC.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: S197
New scope and mount. Trying out the 1.93 height. Really enjoying larping around with it.

ADM 1.93 mount and the new PA Nova 1-6.
syU5hPC.jpg
I have a hard time with scopes that high as I like to shoot in the prone. I don't mind it red dots as I use them on SBRs and more standing while I shoot. I did put a red dot above one of my scopes, still seeing if I like it.

I have a hard time with scopes that high as I like to shoot in the prone. I don't mind it red dots as I use them on SBRs and more standing while I shoot. I did put a red dot above one of my scopes, still seeing if I like it.
Prone ain‘t hard with a 1.93, at least not when I had one. But everyone’s body is different.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
So far I really dig it. And the 1.93 is super comfortable in all positions for me.

Immediate takeaway is that it's very clear, but eye box is NOT as forgiving as the PST II. Not bad by any means, just not quite as forgiving. Red dot is incredibly bright if you need it.

Pretty incredible it's only a $500 optic/mount combo (on regular sale prices). You could do even better money wise with a cheaper but just as good Warne mount.

Here are better pics.
NeFNeVD.jpg

AlJ7YFq.jpg

NRElxqN.jpg

oCAbaoM.jpg

Last edited:
@BigBabyMoses06
Strobes? Is that how you it all white in the background or via an editing software?
So, for this shot I used a 600w flash bouncing the light off my white loft ceiling to properly lighting the front portion of the rifle. I used a 300w light behind the rifle, to wash out the white wall as best as possible and fill in any shadows caused by the front flash. Minimal editing. Here's the original jpeg out of the camera. I edited the raw photo.

The original picture I took I used a single 100w on camera flash which was not nearly enough to make the wall white enough, and I had to edit the picture heavily with some software and still couldn't get the background white without really mucking up the picture. The white wall works really well for me but I'd love to get some nicer backdrops too.

Inspiration from instagram.com/gregskazphotography and of course instagram.com/stickgunner/

So, for this shot I used a 600w flash bouncing the light off my white loft ceiling to properly lighting the front portion of the rifle. I used a 300w light behind the rifle, to wash out the white wall as best as possible and fill in any shadows caused by the front flash. Minimal editing. Here's the original jpeg out of the camera. I edited the raw photo.

The original picture I took I used a single 100w on camera flash which was not nearly enough to make the wall white enough, and I had to edit the picture heavily with some software and still couldn't get the background white without really mucking up the picture. The white wall works really well for me but I'd love to get some nicer backdrops too.

Inspiration from instagram.com/gregskazphotography and of course instagram.com/stickgunner/
Thanks for the details! I feel fancy and artisty when I find good lighting outside and throw it in Lightroom for editing.

Reactions: BigBabyMoses06