• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

18” Aero 5.56 (soon to be 6 ARC)
NightForce 2.5-20x50 T3
IMG_3503.jpeg

Just changed my optics from Comp M4S to the Razor 1-10 on my LMT/ Geissele SBR that I’ve had for better than 10 years it’s gone through many changes in 10 years.
I’m vintage and it’s frigg’n heavy but I don’t plan on going to war I hope😉🇺🇸

Attachments

• IMG_1616.jpeg
    IMG_1616.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 104
Just changed my optics from Comp M4S to the Razor 1-10 on my LMT/ Geissele SBR that I’ve had for better than 10 years it’s gone through many changes in 10 years.
I’m vintage and it’s frigg’n heavy but I don’t plan on going to war I hope😉🇺🇸
I really like the look of the LWRC stock. How does yours fit? I hear they're kinda loose. I bought one but have not installed it yet because I still don't have the lower it is meant for....

Reactions: MigKiller
I really like the look of the LWRC stock. How does yours fit? I hear they're kinda loose. I bought one but have not installed it yet because I still don't have the lower it is meant for....
I like it but it’s a little loose on the buffer tube compared to the LMT Sopmod I took off it had zero rattle.🇺🇸

Reactions: Naaman
DUDE - you have my holy trinity piece, the ODG MAWL!

Where did you even find it?

Picked up an ODG Eotech XPS + Unity riser for the shorty

362897223_10103351485658382_6391355285391880776_n-jpg.8195331

shockingly, direct from BE Meyers... Checked their website, and even though the main page shows only black and FDE, the pull down menu listed ODG as an option, so I reached out to them to confirm. One week later I had it in hand!

Apparently, they still have a few of that run in stock; updated with the latest tail caps and propeller switches.

i-dLspjpc.jpg

Nice post card with a hand-written note on the back adresses to me... For this kind of $$, it’s nice to get a little special treatment! Nice touch regardless…

i-r8zQHhW.jpg

i-DCnQH75.jpg

IMG_4345.jpeg

My latest build 13.7” .223 wylde with a Yhm turbo t2. Took it out today for the first time and I’m impressed.

Reactions: S197
Funky looking lower design. Who cuts those?

kind of looks like a Quentin Defense at the back, but don’t recognize that mag well with the lightening cuts/machine work, or that machine work ahead of the trigger. Here’s an old pic of one of my QD lowers with the matching upper:

IMG_5231.jpeg

…the upper receiver on the one above looks like it‘s not a matched set…. Kind of like here, same QD lower, but with an Aero Precision upper:

IMG_5223.jpeg

Last edited:
This is my very first AR15 build! I am 33 years old, and I have been playing with pistols for way too long. (I literally have no long guns at all, besides this one)

But here she is!

CMMG MK4 20” 6MM ARC upper
Palmetto Stealth PST Lower
Steiner M8Xi 1-8 scope
6.5 Grendel 26rd Duramag’s
Reptilia Aus 34MM mount.

Excuse the 1 bolt holding my mount on, apparently Reptilia only packages these with 1 lol. (They F’ed that up for sure)

The glass clarity on the scope is just insane 🤯.

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpeg
    IMG_1970.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1969.jpeg
    IMG_1969.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1968.jpeg
    IMG_1968.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: 91Eunozs
.450 x .30, next to a 300 hamr... one of a kind build. Will it be worth the effort? Find out shortly.
Most everything modified except the upper reciever & handguard, barrel nut, and gas tube. Also leaving the bolt alone for now.. Barrel machined from an old Remington 308 police blank, turned to AR contour, chambered, and modified barrel extension fitted and headspaced .. Ready to go soon as I reload the ammo... formed a bunch of cases, and modified a magazine, to fit the .500" case. Have about $340 into it, not counting the reamer...as it's made from old parts laying around, modified, and a home machined muzzle brake...like an omelet, made from broken eggs.

Attachments

• 20230815_162304.jpg
    20230815_162304.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 62
It's been a tough couple years and had to sell my rifles and all my gear, but got my AR back recently. Put an optic and reign 3.0 light on it for now. Eventually will get a better optic when funds are better, but this Sig 1-8 works really well for now. Rifle is a custom build I did to match one like I had during my service for the most part. Fn 14.5 socom barrel, ssa-e trigger. Ris ii rail.

Attachments

• 20230811_181136.jpg
    20230811_181136.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 121
Build specs/details on the 6.8?
Which one? LoL…. I really like that round in a pig gun. This is actually one of my oldest ARs…receiver set is 11 years old now. Regardless, for the current incarnation of this one, I went a bit nuts on the ODG theme:

- Quentin Defense billet receiver set - Zombie Squad group buy back in 2012; anodized green
- JP hand guard (old version)
- Trigger Tech AR trigger (just replaced a Geissele 2-stage); Seekins safety selector and bolt catch
- Geissele buffer tube; pretty sure I have a Geissele braided spring and H1 buffer in there right now (will check)
- Magpul storage grip with a spare bolt, and STR stock (store spare 123 batteries in it when I’m out shooting feral hogs)
- V7 castle nut and end plate (with QD point)
- V7 lightweight charging handle in ODG…may swap this for something with larger handles
- Don’t recall 100%, but pretty sure those are green anodized Strike Industries take down pins
- BCM bolt carrier with an AR Performance 6.8 ‘Super bolt’; pretty sure this version has a V7 titanium firing pin
- V7 lightweight dust cover and forward assist; V7 lightweight mag release too, but with a Seekins button
- White Oak 13.9” barrel with a pinned NOX muzzle device to bring it out to 16”; mid-length gas
- Don’t recall the brand, but an adjustable gas block
- Unity red dot mount with an Aimpoint T2
- Unity flip to center magnifier mount with a Vortex micro 3X magnifier
- BE Meyers MAWL C1 in ODG
- Old school Husky Amentum 2-point sling

i-m2jjB3q.jpg

i-tVx9khG.jpg

Had an old streamlight ‘hunter’ green light on there before I got the MAWL:

i-nzTW73v.jpg

…putting the rail back on top of the JP hand guard to mount the MAWL; I like to use an old ACOG mount to align the upper receiver and hand guard rails if the hand guard doesn’t have locking tabs:

i-ppZPKLj.jpg

And have an Echo Arms monolithic MAWL mount on the way…. Will probably put a Surefire vampire head on it, and just a simple clicky tail cap; not sure about final configuration yet.

IMG_5262.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
my long-range AR15 setup
upper: JP match upper + PRI gen3 tube+ SLR adjustable titanium gas block + WOA Bartlein 20 inch 5R 1:8-6.5 gain twist barrel + JP LMOS BCG
lower: AERO lower + JP Silent captured spring + UBR gen2 + Geisele national match trigger.
scope: zco 420

Attachments

• IMG_6371.jpeg
    IMG_6371.jpeg
    932.6 KB · Views: 113
The LMT 14.5" that I've had for over a decade now is back in action, she was one of my first NFA items. A little bit of new school with the Proof CF barrel and Modlite and a little bit of era specific gear with the AAC Mini4. She's a heavy pig but I love it, not as much as my KAC sticks, but she's stuck around for some time now and deserved a makeover lol.

Dj4cSzK.jpg

D86Jfsf.jpg

Last edited:
The LMT 14.5" that I've had for over a decade now is back in action, she was one of my first NFA items. A little bit of new school with the Proof CF barrel and Modlite and a little bit of era specific gear with the AAC Mini4. She's a heavy pig but I love it, not as much as my KAC sticks, but she's stuck around for some time now and deserved a makeover lol.

Dj4cSzK.jpg
Nice gun. Have an MLoc MLR version built very similarly, Proof 14,5” superlative Ti gb, Eltmann trigger. Ended up about 1/2lb’ish heavier than my 14.5 KAC if I remember correctly. She’ll also get a 6mm ArC barrel and LmT DMR stock to swap with soon.

Reactions: tex68w
Nice gun. Have an MLoc MLR version built very similarly, Proof 14,5” superlative Ti gb, Eltmann trigger. Ended up about 1/2lb’ish heavier than my 14.5 KAC if I remember correctly. She’ll also get a 6mm ArC barrel and LmT DMR stock to swap with soon.

That porker came in at 10lb 11oz with an empty 30 round mag, wicked heavy for what it is IMHO.

• Haha
Reactions: mrtoyz
My 358 MGP AR-15, you can forget light weight, note the recoil pad, which is necessary. 16" SS heavy barrel, 1-20 twist custom barrel by McGowan, shoots 200 RCBS FN plain base cast, powder coated, to 2,500 fps into .4" groups with 1680. Out to 300 it is a hog hammer. My other one has a 1-12 twist bbl for 225-250 grain subtonics with a titanium can and night sights.
The 358 MGP is a necked up 6.8 SPC, that is pretty much a rimless 357 Herrett for a 50k psi semi auto action, with 10 shot modified P mags.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    789.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Reactions: S197
That was my Savage MSR15.

Got a Cerakote in Magpul Flat DARK Earth to match that buttsock. UTG Sniper grip, foregrip and Magpul Bipod.

Paired with Athlon 1-6 FFP scope.

Shot very accurate Out to 300metres.

Meanwhile I am quite unhappy that I sold it three years ago

Attachments

• IMG-20191107-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20191107-WA0002.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 52
"Economic" LW 16" build. Focus was on parts on sale or from the used market, and keeping it at or under 6lbs. Sitting at 5lbs 15.5 oz.

Real weight savings in the Titanium RCA bcg and factory Aero pencil upper. Love how it points, very natural feeling, and balanced. 1.93 mount is very comfortable as well. Now I just need to tune and shoot the thing.

o32mlsH.jpg

mdCwYPW.jpg

sOI7aT3.jpg

AR 10, 308 6 lbs 3 oz,.. without a pencil barrel, but a to 6 oz heavier fluted 16" Wilson Combat Recon barrel. 1 oz titanium brake, carbon fiber handguard, titanium bolt carrier, Roam magnesium upper reciever, SA adjustable gas block. Works and shoots great, ran 9 different max loads, high velocity, high pressure loads, with 3 different loads being good, shooting 5 shots into 1 to .5 moa with high velocities for the barrel length. Put a Leupold Mark 4 M3 3.5- 10X Warne ultra light mount, with 30-06 180 gr elevation turrent to get to 1200 plus yds....308 16" AR 10, 7.75 lbs totally equipped, and ready to go.

Attachments

• 20230906_134908.jpg
    20230906_134908.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 34
My newest ar-15 build.
16" 450 Bushmaster.
BCA side charge upper
80% polymer lower.
I have an aluminum lower ready to mill out, but I wanted to try the polymer and see if it would handle it.
The barrel has an adjustable gas block and will be used exclusively suppressed with a Silencerco Hybrid 45 suppressor.
It's got a Vortex 4-12x40 scope mounted.
Consistant 1 to 1.25 moa groups at 100 yds with Hornady 250gr FTX and 1 to 1.5 moa at 75 yds with 395gr sub-x.
Yes, that is a recoil pad on the butt.
1000004108.jpg

Reactions: Hefledthescene
I've been doing some cerakote in the garage. Thought I'd start out with the noisy cricket and a couple pistols.
Now on to the long guns. The photo's don't do the bronze colors justice. The metalics just don't show up.
Aero precision upper with 10.5" barrel, 17 designs folding lower, hyperfire trigger. Holosun/Sig 5x optics.
IMG_1964.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG
IMG_1891.JPG