Rifle Scopes  The Arken Optics Thread (merged)

nn8734

nn8734
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    LOL... Thank YOU for that awesome warm welcome!! not any kind of "stupid shill" or any kind of shill at all. I am NOTHING but a customer of Arken, so, Please don't be a presumptuous ass. đź‘Ť It's my first post because I just bought this scope and so far I like it. YMMV. For that matter-- I may fully change my mind about it after using it a while. Chill dude.

My emails:
    View attachment 7318471

View attachment 7318492
    (I did not receive a throw lever or patch btw, but I got a sticker and a little bag)

View attachment 7318494

and I received it on the 26th.

LOL....any more questions??

I have a question, Keith...why did you forget to redact your full name from the third “email” picture above? I’d clean it and repost... W54 can explain the context behind his comments to you if he so chooses.

But he is definitely not a “presumptious ass”.

Reactions: W54/XM-388

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I could be wrong but.......

Someone makes a brand new account...

The next day that someone makes their first post in an otherwise obscure thread.....

No other posts about hello or any other questions or introductions, just straight to the thread that has been a magnet for shilling....

Their post uses quite a few key phrases of the recent Arken shills that have been plaguing us here like: " I was looking at spending over $1,000 for the features I got in this Arken.".......

When you check their profile their status mostly shows "Viewing the Arken thread"........

Also only posting in that thread......

So there is a chance I could be wrong and jumping the gun, BUT this is pretty much the pattern we've come to see and expect from the Arken company who seems hell bent on doubling down on ways to get your potential customers to associate your company name with spam/shill...

So if I'm wrong, sorry for the rough welcome. Welcome to the hide and try hanging out in some of the other threads.....
    If I'm not wrong, please go tell those you are working for that the gig is up and most probably think the worst of them at this point.

Freebooter1136

Private
    Minuteman
    May 6, 2020
    Hi I bought a few scopes from ARKIN and I just spoke to them about 10 min ago , They are open for buisness and they are a good bunch of guys who have treated me well , I have ordered things from other vendors and with what is going on alot of delays between trade wars and lockdowns , Hey freeloader 1136 call or email them I am sure they will respond to you quickly LOU

jwrabbit123

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 29, 2020
    Freeloader they actually called me back , Yes I spoke with them on the Phone ,
    I do not work for Arken LOL I am retired why are you guys so paranoid with Arken , I happened to post from what some one asked , I was trying to help , as for Optics I buy alot of Optics Since I bought from Arken I also got a ZCO from Dan at CS Tacital , Hmm you going down the wrong hole with your thoughts , I am a long range shooter for decades and I have been into PCP guns for decades a well , I belong to all the air gun forums but am Kind of new here , I don't know why you guys saying this , Like I said , I got a few 3 scopes from them in past few months ,I run and test alot of optics . So saying they were great people makes you think , I must be in on it , Well I also like my ZCO and just incase you want to post if I say they treated me well , Ill bet you to the punch .
    LOU

Last edited:
    Reactions: dirtdigger300

jwrabbit123

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 29, 2020
    mine are fine so far and they track well , and hold poi i probably got 500 rounds threw the 34mm , the 30 mm a bit less

Last edited:

kdschu

Private
    Minuteman
    May 5, 2020
    I have a question, Keith...why did you forget to redact your full name from the third “email” picture above? I’d clean it and repost... W54 can explain the context behind his comments to you if he so chooses.

But he is definitely not a “presumptious ass”.

thanks for the catch on that pic.... no biggie for me I guess, but I swapped it out. (y)

As for W54--his response to my first post absolutely was presumptuous. He presumed I popped in here to pump up Arken scopes. Uhhhh... No. I came here SPECIFICALLY to read 10 pages of forum comments on this scope line to learn a bit more about my purchase from the experiences of others. I did. I saw people having issues with not receiving product for longer than expected, so I thought I would simply post MY experience in ordering a scope from Arken. While W54 May or may not be a presumptuous ass generally, my post was actually some friendly advice for W54 to NOT be one. ;) He called me a Shill for Arken. He was blatantly wrong. I also suggested that he "chill out" a bit.
    Bottom line is that I'm too old for bullshit, and I'll call it out if I see it-- especially if it's directed at me.

I WILL pop in here and see how others do with Arken scopes. Guys on this forum shoot hundreds and thousands of rounds. I might shoot a hundred rounds (or less) through that gun in the next 10 years before I pass it on to a grandson. I hope the scope serves me well in that time, but those here who soot a lot will know long before I would if there will be problems with these. I did make it to the range this afternoon and shot a nice group (for me and my intended use) and feel confident I have it zeroed in. A few shots on the 300 yard range confirmed for me. The scope looked great and that reticle is awesome in my opinion, but we'll all get to see how it holds up over time-- right?

nn8734

nn8734
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    thanks for the catch on that pic.... no biggie for me I guess, but I swapped it out. (y)

The scope looked great and that reticle is awesome in my opinion, but we'll all get to see how it holds up over time-- right?

You’re welcome.

I’m not your audience for the rest of your monologue but since you read the thread and seen the shill posts first hand, you undoubtedly understand why you were called one, given how closely your comments resembled those of validated shills earlier in the thread. You have no history here other than those posts, so that’s what folks have to go on. I’m sure you get it.

That out of the way, I couldn’t possibly care less about these scopes one way or another, don’t really give a shit if you are a shill or not; no dog in that fight for me . I do find it interesting you read the 10+ pages AFTER you put money out and not before - wonder if you still would have made the purchase if you read the complete thread before hand :unsure:.

Either way, hope it works out for you.

kdschu

Private
    Minuteman
    May 5, 2020
    You’re welcome.
    ... I do find it interesting you read the 10+ pages AFTER you put money out and not before - wonder if you still would have made the purchase if you read the complete thread before hand :unsure:.

Either way, hope it works out for you.

When I ordered, there were half as many posts, and no real info-- just speculation. I took a guess on this one, based off little more than a nephew whose friend bought one, and some youtube reviews of people who really liked it (and have slammed other scopes). I figured-- full warranty-- why not. I'm a long ways from hunting season, and if I don't like it I will get something else before November.

==OT==
    I will be lurking around some other forum sections and will likely ask some newb advice. My old Remington 700 has never been touched in any way beyond cleaning, and I'd like to see what I can do with the barrel and stock to maybe tighten my shots up a little. At 100 yards tonight, I shot one just off center, the next was 1/4 inch higher and a half inch left, the 3rd was an inch right of that and a 1/2 inch down. It's possible I may have pulled the last one, but generally that trigger feels really good when it breaks. I was able to smack the 12 inch steel plate targets at 300 afterwards.

Not a great 100 yard group at all by the standards on this forum, but perfectly fine for deer hunting. It would be cool to see if something simple could help it out and let me overlap some bullet holes, or maybe I shouldn't expect much from my old 700.
    1588820024541.png

x_789

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 16, 2019
    Has anyone else received one of these scopes that ordered in the last 3 months?

striped1

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Dec 30, 2010
    Howard Lake, MN
    Ok screw all that bullshit, I want to know how the Arken scopes that are out there are holding up?

Anyone put a few thousand rounds through one? Have any failures or issues?

I have 1000 through the one on my Bergara B14 22 long rifle. Not like 1000 of 338 lapua, but so far other than the center being a little light with the right background, I am extremely happy with it. I also have one ready to mount on an AR but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Reactions: kdschu

kdschu

Private
    Minuteman
    May 5, 2020
    I have 1000 through the one on my Bergara B14 22 long rifle. Not like 1000 of 338 lapua, but so far other than the center being a little light with the right background, I am extremely happy with it. I also have one ready to mount on an AR but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Which scope-- the SH-4? I bought a M&P15-22 (fun gun btw) and was debating putting a scope on it, though the flip-up sights are pretty good. My daughter had fun shooting that yesterday. :)
    1588863485234.png

striped1

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Dec 30, 2010
    Howard Lake, MN
    Which scope-- the SH-4? I bought a M&P15-22 (fun gun btw) and was debating putting a scope on it, though the flip-up sights are pretty good. My daughter had fun shooting that yesterday. :)
    View attachment 7319292

I have the EP4 6-24 MIL on the Bergara. Plan to use it for NRL 22 type matches.

I also have the 4-16 that I need to mount on an AR. You would be hard pressed to find better glass and a better set of features for the money.

striped1

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Dec 30, 2010
    Howard Lake, MN
    View attachment 7319292

Drop a decent trigger in that and it makes it even more fun. I have 3. I use one with a Vortex 1-6 and a CMC trigger for Steel Challenge. Works well. Not exactly running with the full open / custom guns, but it is relatively competitive.

Drop a C more or a Holosun on it and it is really pretty fast.

kdschu

Private
    Minuteman
    May 5, 2020
    Drop a decent trigger in that and it makes it even more fun. I have 3. I use one with a Vortex 1-6 and a CMC trigger for Steel Challenge. Works well. Not exactly running with the full open / custom guns, but it is relatively competitive.

Drop a C more or a Holosun on it and it is really pretty fast.
    I have a RockRiver AR with a terrible trigger that gets an upgrade first! It's a single stage that actually doesn't break clean-- gives a tiny bit first, then breaks... somewhere.... not predictably. meh... The M&P trigger is actually better than the RockRiver one.

striped1

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Dec 30, 2010
    Howard Lake, MN
    I have a RockRiver AR with a terrible trigger that gets an upgrade first! It's a single stage that actually doesn't break clean-- gives a tiny bit first, then breaks... somewhere.... not predictably. meh... The M&P trigger is actually better than the RockRiver one.

I know the pain. Depending on your budget and intended use, the Larue MBT trigger for $80.00 is an excellent trigger. I just bought a Triggertech Diamond that I need to put into an AR and try it. I just put one in the Bergara and it is very nice. I run an AR Gold in my 3 gun rifle and I really like that too. The diamond will go to a lighter pull weight than the AR Gold. But for $80.00 the MBT is hard to beat.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin

BoulderE89

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 26, 2019
    I am moving mine over to my do it all 6.5 CM. I have the 4-16. I love the glass and think for the money it’s excellent value. Mine in particular has a very tight mag ring which was fixed with a throw lever. Also at times the center dot is hard to spot but generally not too big of an issue. Overall happy with it and feel it will be best on my CM. next I’m thinking I’m gonna get the new strike eagle and use that on my 22lr

mtnhunter22

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 20, 2020
    Has anyone recently received their scope from arken? Place my order Feb 2, right before all this crap, was told it would be close to May before they were shipping. But no updates.

Ep1985

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 18, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Has anyone recently received their scope from arken? Place my order Feb 2, right before all this crap, was told it would be close to May before they were shipping. But no updates.
    It's not looking good, I have a scope on order from them also.

ArkenOpticsUSA

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 20, 2019
    It's not looking good, I have a scope on order from them also.
    To all,
    We have sent out periodic emails over the past months to all customers that were/are waiting on us to fulfill our end of the deal. We are making scopes. Shipments are moving. Some have shared that our emails were labeled as spam. If this is not the case or you have questions about an order, please contact us through info@arkenopticsusa.com or give us a text. We have limited employees to handle high volumes of calls, but we do want to give each customer the attention that they need. Please continue to be patient with us. We're going to come out of this a great deal stronger.
    V/r,
    Mike Reilly

Ep1985

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 18, 2018
    Oklahoma
    To all,
    We have sent out periodic emails over the past months to all customers that were/are waiting on us to fulfill our end of the deal. We are making scopes. Shipments are moving. Some have shared that our emails were labeled as spam. If this is not the case or you have questions about an order, please contact us through info@arkenopticsusa.com or give us a text. We have limited employees to handle high volumes of calls, but we do want to give each customer the attention that they need. Please continue to be patient with us. We're going to come out of this a great deal stronger.
    V/r,
    Mike Reilly
    Awesome. Thx for the update.

jwrabbit123

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 29, 2020
    HI EP985 ,Arken just answered but , first one about a month or so , just like it said in the ad , the last one they shipped got here in 4 days from when they sent it , I believe like Mike from Arken said they are doing their best and I know they are good people to deal with , they kind of released scopes when this Covid virus started , so there is delays with everything , but they are on top of things , and will deliver , At this time I believe all ammo and gun companies are having huge orders , when things go bad like now People seem to stock up on ammo and gun related things Hang tight or text Mike he is a great guy LOU

Ep1985

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 18, 2018
    Oklahoma
    HI EP985 ,Arken just answered but , first one about a month or so , just like it said in the ad , the last one they shipped got here in 4 days from when they sent it , I believe like Mike from Arken said they are doing their best and I know they are good people to deal with , they kind of released scopes when this Covid virus started , so there is delays with everything , but they are on top of things , and will deliver , At this time I believe all ammo and gun companies are having huge orders , when things go bad like now People seem to stock up on ammo and gun related things Hang tight or text Mike he is a great guy LOU
    I ordered my scope on April 30, I got the SH4, they went out of stock on May 4th. I barely got my order in before they went out of stock. The covid crap has put a halt on alot of things, I hope it gets better. The Arken scopes seem awesome, depending on how long my first order takes I am going to be ordering a EP4 also.

SteepGround

Private
    Minuteman
    May 15, 2020
    Hi all. I'm new here, but have been browsing the "hide" for a while now. I ordered an EP4 6-24 through a dealer on or about the 21st of January. With people reporting that they are getting scopes that were ordered long after mine, I could be a little concerned! For those of you that have received your scopes, were those SH4's?

Mopar man

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 6, 2014
    ive had one ordered now for 4 months called several times and have yet to speek to a person yet should have went with vortex

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    ive had one ordered now for 4 months called several times and have yet to speek to a person yet should have went with vortex
    You can get your money back. Contact them on the FB page. I made sure of that before I put in my order. I think you will regret it.

Ep1985

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 18, 2018
    Oklahoma
    You can get your money back. Contact them on the FB page. I made sure of that before I put in my order. I think you will regret it.
    Yes. I think they are good about giving your money back, I'm gonna wait it out though
    I really want the scope.

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    Got a tracking number this morning for my 6-24 SHR Mil.. excited to finally give this thing a try!
    Would u be willing to say when your purchase date was? I ordered the same scope with the EPR retical on May 17th and from my understanding the mil/mil EPR was supposed to be the first to ship but seems to be the other way if u got a SHR. I cant wait to get one of these scopes in my hands to test.

thegrayham

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    www.thegrayham.com
    Would u be willing to say when your purchase date was? I ordered the same scope with the EPR retical on May 17th and from my understanding the mil/mil EPR was supposed to be the first to ship but seems to be the other way if u got a SHR. I cant wait to get one of these scopes in my hands to test.

Well it looks like you are right about the EPRs shipping first. I just received a call from Michael at Arken advising that the shipping email was sent in error and that they do not have the SHR reticle models yet. He was very apologetic and said mid July was when they were hoping to have everything caught up. The ups and downs are killing me, but I am hoping for a great end result to have made this worth it.

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    Well it looks like you are right about the EPRs shipping first. I just received a call from Michael at Arken advising that the shipping email was sent in error and that they do not have the SHR reticle models yet. He was very apologetic and said mid July was when they were hoping to have everything caught up. The ups and downs are killing me, but I am hoping for a great end result to have made this worth it.
    Man that would be brutal. Any idea when your order date was?

Southern Custom

Master Engraver
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Waiting for the SHRs here as well. Just mailed back an EPR and I gotta say Mike was great. Reticle too fine for my 50 year old eyes? No problem. Got a return label emailed next day no questions asked. I was more than willing to wait on an SHR after my experience with the EPR. Seemed solid. Just not the right fit for me.

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    Waiting for the SHRs here as well. Just mailed back an EPR and I gotta say Mike was great. Reticle too fine for my 50 year old eyes? No problem. Got a return label emailed next day no questions asked. I was more than willing to wait on an SHR after my experience with the EPR. Seemed solid. Just not the right fit for me.
    Man I wish u would have just mailed it to me lol. I have a shooting trip planned in a couple weeks and still need to work up a load. Fingers crossed it gets here soon!!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 4, 2020
    Waiting for the SHRs here as well. Just mailed back an EPR and I gotta say Mike was great. Reticle too fine for my 50 year old eyes? No problem. Got a return label emailed next day no questions asked. I was more than willing to wait on an SHR after my experience with the EPR. Seemed solid. Just not the right fit for me.

When did you place your order for the EPR? I ordered one of the 6-24x50 EPRs on 2/3, would be great if it were to come in soon... last email I got was 3/17.

Sam19kilo

Got the Rona’
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 4, 2019
    Cheyenne, WY
    When did you place your order for the EPR? I ordered one of the 6-24x50 EPRs on 2/3, would be great if it were to come in soon... last email I got was 3/17.
    I placed an order on 2-3-2020, and it did not make the 8-10week lead time so I refunded and got a refund in a week. I was super disappointed because I really would like to give Arken a chance