• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Arken Optics Thread (merged)

Sorry you had a bad experience with the rings. I'll be honest, I had the same issue with my set and I was about to panic (I'm testing and QC'ing these things afterall) and it turned out my LaRue base was actually out of spec. The rings would only not fit in 3 slots on the rail but fit everywhere else and on all my other 1913 rails in the safe. These things happen where sometimes a part is off on our end (super rare) and sometimes another mfg part is off. If it's a problem on our side, we'll absolutely correct it. I swapped out my base with another LaRue and it works fine with those same rings.
Maybe I was not being clear. I tested both rings on multiple of the same slots and got the same results, one ring clamps down tightly, the other wobbles.

Reactions: Loe_307
I have emailed twice, called, and texted them since last week and never got a response back. I'll give them another week due to it being Shot week. After that, not sure what other options I have other than to report the incident as fraud.
I would give them the benefit of the doubt, they have been busy since December with the new scope rollout and the holidays and shot show etc. They have always gotten back to me within a couple days.

Reactions: Gohring65
I would say they had a busy week last week. Michael is a great guy to talk to, and will go above and beyond to make sure you have a good experience. I had a issue and he personally reached out to me.
I’m really surprised and impressed with the service I received.

Last edited:
Anyone know what's going on with Arken optics these days? They're not responding to emails or phone calls. Comms was initially good and Mike was very responsive last week (27 Jan when we last spoke), but then went totally radio silent after that.

Anyone know what's going on with Arken optics these days? They're not responding to emails or phone calls. Comms was initially good and Mike was very responsive last week (27 Jan when we last spoke), but then went totally radio silent after that.

Hi,

I would not take that as a bad thing at this very moment.

IMO they need a little quiet time to get their business model and reputation under control from all the internet shilling that went on.

And the month after Shot Show is always chaos for companies...especially new ones. They have to sift through piles of data and determine who is and who is not a good fit for their product/brand as dealers.

They also are likely handling their POs in regards to what they estimated 2020 orders to be vs what Shot Show scaled them to be.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Gohring65
Hi,

I would not take that as a bad thing at this very moment.

IMO they need a little quiet time to get their business model and reputation under control from all the internet shilling that went on.

And the month after Shot Show is always chaos for companies...especially new ones. They have to sift through piles of data and determine who is and who is not a good fit for their product/brand as dealers.

They also are likely handling their POs in regards to what they estimated 2020 orders to be vs what Shot Show scaled them to be.

Sincerely,
Theis
I understand, but I'm in the middle of an RMA with them and would like a couple questions answered before I mail back my scope. I was also told I'd be sent something, and I'm trying to get some fidelity/clarity on a couple options they initially offered me. Guess it'll all have to wait, but was hoping the issue get resolved sooner than later since I was hoping to start running the scope in local matches coming up soon. Charlie Mike

I understand where you're coming from. I would keep trying, I agree with @THEIS , SHOT recovery has to be a beeyotch. I went ahead and placed an order earlier this week. I'm hoping it turns out well. We will see.

Considering these are manufactured in China, one of my questions was that with the outbreak of the coronavirus, how might this impact the importation of scopes that are currently in production? The issue I'm having with mine is relatively minor and I can run the scope as is, but if the delay is significant, I'd rather hang on to it for the time being until we get some fidelity on what's going on with current production and if we can expect the delay to extend beyond the current 4 - 6 week period. To be fair, during our conversation, I did mention that I was in no particular hurry and would be willing to wait until the next batch arrives. However, due to some upcoming local matches, I'd rather hang on to it for now and just run it as is since I really dislike swapping scopes from one rifle over to another.

In an email Mike mentioned he'd send me a free throw lever to resolve the tight power ring issue. The other issue doesn't hinder functionality of the scope, but it is rather annoying, and that is the reticle is missing a couple numbers (the 4 and 6 mil indicators are cut in half), which is weird and something I've never seen in an any optic. I suppose I could live with it if I had to, but it's annoying and my OCD won't allow me to tolerate it.

Who dials when hunting? I can see folks out west maybe making shots that long but with a 10 mil reticle it seems crazy to waste time spinning turrets.

Last week I didn't have to dial any elevation on the front bead of my 12 gauge. The Lucky Duck Revolt brings them in REAL close....as long as I do my part with wind and not skylining myself.

The other issue doesn't hinder functionality of the scope, but it is rather annoying, and that is the reticle is missing a couple numbers (the 4 and 6 mil indicators are cut in half), which is weird and something I've never seen in an any optic. I suppose I could live with it if I had to, but it's annoying and my OCD won't allow me to tolerate it.

I have OCD on some things....and not others. However, the things I do have OCD on....there is no work around...there is no ignoring....it either is...or it isn't. Something could be the best thing since cheese bread....but if the color of the crust is 2 points off and you can't see past it....you gotta go with something else. Those without OCD won't understand...and that may be why a lot of arguments and discussions here on the Hide don't seem to make sense. Because some people don't understand that....that little unimportant feature/flaw/detail of a product...is an OCD trigger for someone else....and we can't see past it.

Now I gotta go make sure every book in the bookcase downstairs is arranged by subject/height/color/author.

I have OCD on some things....and not others. However, the things I do have OCD on....there is no work around...there is no ignoring....it either is...or it isn't. Something could be the best thing since cheese bread....but if the color of the crust is 2 points off and you can't see past it....you gotta go with something else. Those without OCD won't understand...and that may be why a lot of arguments and discussions here on the Hide don't seem to make sense. Because some people don't understand that....that little unimportant feature/flaw/detail of a product...is an OCD trigger for someone else....and we can't see past it.

Now I gotta go make sure every book in the bookcase downstairs is arranged by subject/height/color/author.

Do you turn all your can labels in the pantry to the front too? ?

I did get an email from mike today (he's the founder/owner) - he told me to expect 6-8 weeks for my EP4.

ordered mine this week yea so either my 22lr will have a new scope or my ar will finally have one . When ever it comes in the rings already arived .

4-16x model on 16x

it’s a very good scope, it’s not perfect, but it definitely punches above it’s weigh class. It can hold it’s own in any conversation with the $1500 scopes out there.

its been very repeatable, it looks good, and the controls are nice. So not even considering the price, it’s a good scope

Is that $1500 MRSP, MAP or street price?

Genuine question, not being an arse.
$1500 will get a Gen 2 Razor from a site vendor or a Cronus, Mark 5hd, XTR3 etc.

Do you think the Arken holds its own against those scopes?

Reactions: wb00757
I have heard they are moving into a new facility as well so that may be part of the spotty communication.?‍♂️

After receiving my Arken Scope I saw the return address, so I decide to google it. Turns out it was a storage location in Frisco TX. If you have your paper work after getting a scope from them go ahead and google the address.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
ordered mine a 6x24 feb 3rd the waiting is the best part so far love the ha ha you have to wait anxiety also at lest the one guy got an email I did even receive one hopping i do when it ships . me I ordered from arken do not know any dealers near me with them or anyone selling them .

We’ve been seeing 6 weeks or more on each of our orders. We had one oddly ship 2 weeks after order was placed.

While I don’t have any in stock, I’d be happy to help anyone on the hide who is wanting to get an Arken. We’d certainly appreciate the business if you ordered through us.

Hi all. Not trying to create a bunch of bs; but I’ve been in other hobbies where china manufacturing has initially been good and then tanked later. We called it the China hustle. Are these scopes still doing well I’m later batches??? I’m looking at getting on of the 34mm tube scopes

Who’s next to swoop in with 34 mm scopes to take this market?
My 4-16 was nice, but I’m not sure if the scope is worth the 6-10 week wait. Especially with comp season starting up.

My 4-16 was nice, but I’m not sure if the scope is worth the 6-10 week wait. Especially with comp season starting up.
Likely to take long since they're made in Corona virus central

I just got this in the mail regarding my order:

Thank you for supporting Arken Optics USA. The coronavirus hit and slowed all shipments. This has caused long delays for our company. We want to express our appreciation for your support and patience by including the following 'Appreciation Pack' with your order, free of charge.

Rear Shooting Bag
Throw Lever
Patch
Sticker

Our factory is running and we are striving to get orders fulfilled as soon as possible. We apologize for the long lead times.We will send updates as we get them.

I preordered when the lead time was 6 to 8 weeks about 3 weeks ago. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it was worth it. Hope so.

1582928296603.png

LOL. Given that most of my family, including my wife already work in hospitals or ER environments, I'm already resigned to the fact it is just a matter of time anyway.

LOL. Given that most of my family, including my wife already work in hospitals or ER environments, I'm already resigned to the fact it is just a matter of time anyway.
All jokes aside, I truly hope that is never a reality for you.

Hard to run a sales business when you got nothing to sell. Weeks turn into months before you know it someone else has stole your thunder.

Reactions: Thecelt
Customs has probably already started a 90 quarantine and radiation therapy on all shipments originating w/i 1000 miles from ground zero.

Just making that crap up. But possible.

It’s only a matter of time before this starts hitting all the products manufactured in China. Arken got hit especially hard because they didn’t have an existing inventory. It’s not like Arken is the only Optics manufacturer that is making their scopes in China. Once stockpiled inventories from other manufacturers start to dwindle we will see shortages with other brands too.

I'm seriously thinking of canceling my order. I, too, ordered when the lead time was supposed to be shorter. While I am not upset with Arken as a company, and I totally understand the issue they are facing, at the same time, I can't really expect this problem is going to be resolved very quickly and I don't want to wait 2-3 more months. I really think it's quite possible that could happen.

Our medical suppliers are stalling like mad, and I am sure Arken's buildhouse is doing the same. But my rifle will be done in a week, 2 at the most, and I don't want to have to sit around waiting on a product that isn't available, unfortunately. I'd like to try one of their scopes eventually, but... that may have to wait for another time.

Does anyone know if there has been ANY stock coming in, ANY orders being fulfilled, or is everything truly completely stalled? I'm just curious, and I don't want to be emailing and harassing them. The only response I got to my last inquiry a few weeks ago was the 6-8 weeks the website showed, which shortly changed to 8-10.

and I don't want to be emailing and harassing them.
Why not? If they arent going to get them then they arent going to be doing anything to get disturbed from.
What could we possibly know what they, the people who you are asking about, do not?

Last edited:
I sent them an email asking about some of the specs of their scopes on Feb 5, just after Shotshow. It took them six days to repsond, but I did get a response and I imagine they swamped at the time. If production has halted, then they probably have a lot of time to respond to email. I would think that now's the best time to ask questions. You're the customer, you're allowed to contact them and ask questions.

Reactions: Sam19kilo
I will say this, it would be damn shame if COVID-19 kills Arken. For a relatively small amount invested you're getting a very nice optic with great glass and features. I can't think of a single scope at this price point that compares.

Reactions: TaxThat
I agree, I don't want it to kill their business, and I'd like to try out their product. However, at the same time, if they have a quality product (which it sounds like they do) and they can get their supply issues resolved in the future, they'll still be around and their products will be available for many years to come.

I'm just not wanting to end up waiting months longer than I thought I would, and as time goes by, this little 'blip' in the grand scheme of the global market looks to be slightly more significant than I had hoped it would.

As for why I don't just email them, I probably will - I was just asking if anyone here had any information as to if there are orders being fulfilled in a trickle or not. It's not a big deal.

I will say this, it would be damn shame if COVID-19 kills Arken. For a relatively small amount invested you're getting a very nice optic with great glass and features. I can't think of a single scope at this price point that compares.

Hi,

Unless they just have the dumbest corporate attorney known to man, they will most definitely have Loss of Income insurance and possibly Business Interruption Insurance; so Arken as a company should not be "out" anything during this timeline delay.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: Lunchbox27
Hi,

Unless they just have the dumbest corporate attorney known to man they will most definitely have Loss of Income insurance and possibly Business Interruption Insurance; so Arken as a company should not be "out" anything during this timeline delay.

Sincerely,
Theis
Hi,

Roger. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Blackfoot 7

The issue with that is the insurance company is going to nickel and dime all that to death in any way they can and Arken will be lucky if they even manage to break if it’s a short term issue resolved in a few weeks. Anything past that can be a killer to a small business without the money in a bank and a track record on loans to cover things.

Hi,

@Kilosierra
Except that is not how Loss of Income insurance works.
Loss of income pays dollar to dollar for payroll, utilities, commercial property note/lease, commercial automobile, etc etc and all other fixed bills.

Does your Loss of Income policy allow insurance company to dictate the value of what gets paid?

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Lunchbox27