• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Arken Optics Thread (merged)

There's a helluv a deal on the Arken right now for Labor Day. I finally had to get one and see what all the fuss is about. Will be comparing next to a Viper gen2, Razor gen 1 &2, and strike eagle.

The SH4Gen2 6-24x50 and combo pack(rings, bubble, throw lever, flip caps) came out to $351 after taxes with promo code
NSF$170

Reactions: serevince
There's a helluv a deal on the Arken right now for Labor Day. I finally had to get one and see what all the fuss is about. Will be comparing next to a Viper gen2, Razor gen 1 &2, and strike eagle.

The SH4Gen2 6-24x50 and combo pack(rings, bubble, throw lever, flip caps) came out to $351 after taxes with promo code
NSF$170
Yep. Got the email at like 10:45 this morning and decided to give a couple a try. 2 6-24’s with the combo pack of rings and stuff for $649.96 shipped. Didn’t really need ‘em, but they’ll end upon a couple of rimfires.

You guys are killin me! I've been fighting the urge to buy one of these for months. I finally lost, I just bought an SH4 to put on a SPRish AR. I looked through the EP5 or whatever it is at the range and that damn thing looked every bit as good as my Gen 2 Razor.

Last edited:
My 10-22 has been needing a replacement for the Super Sniper it was wearing. The new EP5 looked like a great choice. It rained today so i didn't get a chance to shoot it yet. I'm not a high end optics snob, but first impression is the EP-5 is a killer deal
20220904_194759.jpg

Was gonna come in here and give the heads up.
Got the SH4 Gen2 with the full accessories kit for $314.98.
That is the shipped price (fuck copy pasting the price changed it to the bold font, sorry).

OK, back to normal font.
It looks like there is going to be a new lighter weight SH4 model coming soon and that is why they are closing out the Gen2 models....and pricing it to move quick.
*If* someone was a thinking man, buy one now for the killer price, find something wrong with it (or make something wrong with it), return it and get the newer lighter weight model.
Not that I would ever think of doing such a thing.....just saying what could possibly happen....in a boating accident....and children were involved....to my neighbors father inlaws cousin.....or something.

Reactions: 232593
OK, back to normal font.
It looks like there is going to be a new lighter weight SH4 model coming soon and that is why they are closing out the Gen2 models....and pricing it to move quick.
*If* someone was a thinking man, buy one now for the killer price, find something wrong with it (or make something wrong with it), return it and get the newer lighter weight model.
Not that I would ever think of doing such a thing.....just saying what could possibly happen....in a boating accident....and children were involved....to my neighbors father inlaws cousin.....or something.
You sound trust worthy lol 😂

Reactions: 5Baize
My 10-22 has been needing a replacement for the Super Sniper it was wearing. The new EP5 looked like a great choice. It rained today so i didn't get a chance to shoot it yet. I'm not a high end optics snob, but first impression is the EP-5 is a killer deal
View attachment 7949249
Nice! I threw an Arken EP5 on my brother's Savage 110; definitely hard to beat from a value standpoint. My buddy brought his SH4 to compare and it's definitely a step up.

Mannnnnnnnnnnnn.

I saw the post on the top of the page and ordered a 6-24 on the 3rd. I'm still waiting on it. World's slowest shipping dept. or what?

Mannnnnnnnnnnnn.

I saw the post on the top of the page and ordered a 6-24 on the 3rd. I'm still waiting on it. World's slowest shipping dept. or what?
I got mine in 3 days from order.
Nice scope, not as nice as my swaro or kahles, but nice enough to keep in my stable.
Have you checked tracking yet ?
They ship from Texas if that helps.
Well worth the 315 it cost me for the 4-16 SH with the full accessory kit and I'll wager you'll think it's worth the wait when you get it.

I got mine in 3 days from order.
Nice scope, not as nice as my swaro or kahles, but nice enough to keep in my stable.
Have you checked tracking yet ?
They ship from Texas if that helps.
Well worth the 315 it cost me for the 4-16 SH with the full accessory kit and I'll wager you'll think it's worth the wait when you get it.

Latest Update​

A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 3:26 pm on September 13, 2022 in SUGAR LAND, TX 77478. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
Pre-Shipment
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
SUGAR LAND, TX 77478
September 13, 2022, 3:26 pm

Orders
Order #AOOC7PR
$364.98
Sep 3, 2022 07:45 pm

It took about 10 days for me to get mine. About 4 days after the order I got a tracking number that was dormant for 3 days and then all of the sudden it was on my porch.

ETA I just left the range a couple of hours ago zeroing it. It’s a nice scope for the money…

Latest Update​

A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 3:26 pm on September 13, 2022 in SUGAR LAND, TX 77478. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
Pre-Shipment
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
SUGAR LAND, TX 77478
September 13, 2022, 3:26 pm

Orders
Order #AOOC7PR
$364.98
Sep 3, 2022 07:45 pm
Same exact thing for me from the 13th as well. Gonna make a call in the morning and see what’s going on. Seems odd.

Reactions: Mike_in_FL
Just fired off an email myself. I get it that I got a screaming deal. But going on 20 days to ship is pretty ridiculous.

NSF$170

Did you get yours yet?

Yeah, I'm starting to think the "lifetime" warranty is going to be a short one.
On Reddit the discussions regarding Arken scopes are screened (I think in the longrange subreddit); but one of the reasonings was the experience people had(quality and CS) was all over the place; some of the people (assuming shills) basically dismissed all those claims and it got messy. I paid with a credit card for mine(EP5) just in case.

Did you get yours yet?
Yep. Got the Sh4 6-24x50 mounted on my Bergara b14r with their low rings. Shot an outlaw 22 match with it this last weekend, placed 6th out of 30. That's about normal for me. Targets from 40-110yds.

No issues with tracking at all, turrets feel really nice compared to the Viper. Zero stop set screw came loose after shooting the first stage. Tightened it up a bit better and had no issues. I don't believe it's possible to set your stop much below zero.

Glass quality is definitely a little bit lower than the viper, but that was to be expected. I'd say keep it below 20x, and it's decent. I like the floating dot in the center of the reticle. The .5 mil hash confused me at first during a no-dial stage because it's sort of hidden in the thicker center portion of the cross hairs. I accidentally held at 1 mil 😢. Problem corrected next shot.

For getting it on sale for $350 with rings, caps, level and everything, its a deal. Definitely would do it again (I might, haha)

Just fired off an email myself. I get it that I got a screaming deal. But going on 20 days to ship is pretty ridiculous.

I had an email from them earlier this morning so I don't know if this will be applicable to you but here goes. I have 34mm rings, I didn't need the bundle. I do need 30mm rings for a couple other scopes. I ordered 30mm rings with the scope so today's email is them asking me do I know I ordered 30s and not 34s. Now they say it's shipping out today.

I had an email from them earlier this morning so I don't know if this will be applicable to you but here goes. I have 34mm rings, I didn't need the bundle. I do need 30mm rings for a couple other scopes. I ordered 30mm rings with the scope so today's email is them asking me do I know I ordered 30s and not 34s. Now they say it's shipping out today.

The discount code for the bundle brought it down to like 20 bucks. Was worth getting even if you didn't need it. And the throw lever is nice

The discount code for the bundle brought it down to like 20 bucks. Was worth getting even if you didn't need it. And the throw lever is nice
While I understand what you're saying and I agree, my house is beginning to look like it was invaded by hoarders as it is. I did get it for the 2nd so hopefully some day I'll actually know.

• Haha
Reactions: x2cross
So I received mine late yesterday. Turrets are surprisingly good for a scope that cost me $300 all in with rings and all. Got them mounted up and heading to the range this morning. Put one on a 308 and one on a 22. I’ll post a review later today after I get back.

Ha! Same here, 1st scope showed up last night. I put it on a 6.5 Grendel. I only have some PRVI ammo to try it out. I will probably move it around to some other rifle. Sits very well in some low rings since this is a skinny barreled Ruger.

Reactions: FuhQ
My cheap review. Turrets and glass are ok. I'm not sure it's tracking properly but I put it on a new Ruger which appears to be a POS, not sure yet. So I may move it around to my 40X as a test. I don't like the markings, just because I prefer the top of the turret to be marked for direction CW or CCW. Eye box seems alright other than @ 24X, then it's picky like most other scopes. I didn't usually dial it that high the first day.

Reactions: K2e2vin
I’m just waiting for them to come back in stock (SH4 4-16 mil)

Just wondering if you have a SH4 GEN2 6x24x50 is it worth selling to get the SH4J ?

If I were in your shoes I'd choose a better quality Chinese made scope such as the Sightmark Presidio 5-30x56 currently on sale for $314.99 on Amazon with free shipping. The Arken scopes have terrible image quality on their high magnification and eye strain and fatigue sets in even with their so called Japanese glass.

It's a nicer scope in regards to image quality compared to the EP5 on high magnification and lighter weight and already proven durability and reliability with their prior Citadel models which the Presidio's improved on specifically their turrets and zero stop.

If you're head set on buying Arken the only one I'd recommend is the EP5 and nothing else but the glass is still not that great past 20x magnification but unfortunately it's Arken's clearest scope currently selling for $397.49.
Just wondering if you have a SH4 GEN2 6x24x50 is it worth selling to get the SH4J ?

I recently got to handle the sh-4-14 and i was impressed. Best chinese made turrets I've found and best sub $500 glass I've seen. If they track this might be a winner. Anyone gotten to play with one?
I have several, EP5 and the SH4 Gen 2. You will find tracking to be better than vortex and most optics 3 to 4 times the cost.

Reactions: Scopeye
I have several, EP5 and the SH4 Gen 2. You will find tracking to be better than vortex and most optics 3 to 4 times the cost.
Better than the "Chinese" made Vortex to be more specific.

Though I haven't yet personally looked through the new SH4J, the Rex review and X-Ring review didn't seem to stand out compared to the SH4 G2 glass.

Arken seems to currently reign as the King of the budget Chinese scopes at their current sale prices of $225SH4G2 4-16-$250SH4G2 6-24-$299SH4J-$397EP5 5-25 if weight isn't an issue or the EPL4s for $299-$329.

EP5 is a good scope. I sold my SH4. They are not comparable to $2k scopes.
EP5 is a good scope in general not just “for the money”. I haven’t tried the Sightmark Presidio so I can’t speak to that comparison. It’s definitely not comparable to scopes “3-4 times it’s price” like a few people have claimed. Aside from some QC issues, which Arken rectifies quickly on their dime, the scopes seem to be holding up well over the past few years.

Reactions: Scopeye
I got rid of my EP5... Wasn't going to, but a buddy of mine really wanted it, and I wanted his almost brand new PSAK GF5, because I couldn't pass up the trade deal he offered me.

Reactions: Bluedog82
An Outstanding Channel on YouTube just posted and excellent video featuring the Arken EP5 5-25x. He was impressed with the quality of the optic given its price. His latest video featured using the EP5 mounted on a Scar-20 6.5 Creedmoor out to over a 1000 yards, starting with a 25 yard zero!

Mountains, Mullets, Merica!

Mountains, Mullets, Merica!

He puts out amazing content and really deserves more subscribers!