• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Arken Optics Thread (merged)

I believe when the EP-4.1 comes out with a plain mil reticle I will put one on my 22. If the 6-24x has 28-30 mils total it’ll make a good long range rimfire scope.

The 4-16 may be the best for it with mid 30s....that’s awesome.

In the beginning the big square is 600, the IPSC behind it is 800 and the red circles are 6” at 500

The target I shoot is. 400 yards and a 66% IPSC

The reticle has a great focus the targets are a bit soft - that is in the TRIGGERCAM it has a manual focus I just settled on a better reticle focus.

In the beginning the big square is 600, the IPSC behind it is 800 and the red circles are 6” at 500

The target I shoot is. 400 yards and a 66% IPSC

The reticle has a great focus the targets are a bit soft - that is in the TRIGGERCAM it has a manual focus I just settled on a better reticle focus.
Thanks. Now that you’ve spent a good amount of time with it, how would you describe it in the sense of where it falls in relation to some of the optics it has been compared to in these threads?

Some say it is mid-high Japanese quality in the optics and some say better.

It obviously is great for the money but is it great? Is it a new benchmark of value?

Reactions: wb00757
Guessing the reticle view in the vid looks to be a 6-24 model EP4 and around 16x magnification... that bout right Frank? Thx gives a good sense of it.
The text in the vid says it is the 4-16x

4-16x model on 16x

it’s a very good scope, it’s not perfect, but it definitely punches above it’s weigh class. It can hold it’s own in any conversation with the $1500 scopes out there.

its been very repeatable, it looks good, and the controls are nice. So not even considering the price, it’s a good scope

4-16x model on 16x

it’s a very good scope, it’s not perfect, but it definitely punches above it’s weigh class. It can hold it’s own in any conversation with the $1500 scopes out there.

its been very repeatable, it looks good, and the controls are nice. So not even considering the price, it’s a good scope
I noticed at the beginning of the video that the dots in the center of the reticle disappeared against the darker target. Did it do this to your eye like the camera recorded?

Seems the reticle in the 4-14 would be less likely to disappear like that.

Arken, if you make the 2 EP-4 scopes with that plain mil reticle you may become a force in this game.

Put a simple tree like Athlon’s APRS3 in them and you’ll sell a train load.

Confirming the out of box elevation range of my 6-24 is 30. Attaching two photos for the bottom and top.

E5047C3B-0658-4696-99BF-4F0C34E363B8.jpeg

4DB80340-6DEE-4820-80CE-AA841275DB5B.jpeg

Well, I took the gamble and purchased the EP4 4-16x to try on my NRL 22 competition rifle. Received scope last week and out of the box the magnification ring comes to a dead stop between 13 and 14x. Ran into a "couple" of other issues as well so decided to contact Arken's customer service via email, phone, and text immediately afterwards. Awaiting a response and will provide update. Hoping for a good experience.

Reactions: TACC
I just got the 4-16x50 and I mounted it with the American Defense Manufacturing mount and it's not only a great looking scope but works as good as it looks. I also love how compact it is. I have a Athlon Cronus and I like this better. I will be getting another more powerful one later this year. I cant wait to see whats next!

I have no experience with Arken scopes. I did, however, take a chance on their rings...I should have known better.

First off, I ordered 1x 34mm Halo rings and 2x one-piece mounts. I only received the Halo rings and 1x one-piece mount. Secondly, when mounting the Halo ring-clamp to rail per torque spec (45 in/lb), only one ring would clamp tight, the other would rattle vertically when pushed with one finger.

Needless to say, I did not bother to try out the one-piece mount. I understand that all manufacturers will churn out a lemon every now and then. However, the first impression test failed miserably and there are too many other options out there to keep trying. So much for something that is advertised as "ZERO tolerances for errors."

My 4-16 has performed flawlessly. Elev, Win, Par and Mag are all right on the money. ONLY complaint I could have (if it's even a complaint) is their rings are a bit high. I'm still running a 0-MOA rail on my Tikka (for now), but even a 20 or 30-MOA rail won't bring it that close to the barrel. As far as fit and finish, the rings are solid yet light.

Attachments

• Tikka-1 - Copy.jpg
    Tikka-1 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 176
My 4-16 has performed flawlessly. Elev, Win, Par and Mag are all right on the money. ONLY complaint I could have (if it's even a complaint) is their rings are a bit high. I'm still running a 0-MOA rail on my Tikka (for now), but even a 20 or 30-MOA rail won't bring it that close to the barrel. As far as fit and finish, the rings are solid yet light.
The original first out of the gate rings are med height and work ideal on a full picatinny rail. They now have one the website low and high rings as well and the lows would work better for your Tikka setup. to get it down. Details on the website. https://arkenopticsusa.com?ref=531&-FFP-ZeroStop

after you mount it did you have enough elevation for your needs ? I get a bit fuzzy thinking maybe over thinking but it don't sound like they offer much in the way of elevation to me with still having to zero the scope with the 4x16 offering only 32 mils being the max and 28 on the 6X24 .

Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the sound of the turrets? First off I do a lot of hunting most of it at range on coyotes. And for a turret to be so dang loud that it sounds like a freight train rolling in is deal breaker for me.

Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the sound of the turrets? First off I do a lot of hunting most of it at range on coyotes. And for a turret to be so dang loud that it sounds like a freight train rolling in is deal breaker for me.
My 4-16 turrets are super loud. In my opinion, these scopes would be worthless for me for hunting. I guess the loud turrets can be a problem, but the thin reticle and no illumination, with the heavy weight would lead me to believe I would would be settling with this scope instead of buying one much better suited.

Why not hold over instead of dial? Especially if its only one shot.

On the other hand..i personally hated the loud clicks of the Arken starting when the first video of them was posted. (The Ares ETR is already too loud for my sensitive tastes.:)
The turrets are the reason I haven't bought one yet. I think the mushy Athlon Ares Btr Gen 1.5 turrets are perfect. Different folks different strokes I guess.

Reactions: TACC and Lawless
Whoa. Eight pages...

Sounds like they got the glass and coatings OK.

I'll hold off on a 50mm until they offer reticles which work better at dusk/dawn and are more applicable to hunting-

Lurking here since about 2004? Though I'd posted before.

Last edited:
Who dials when hunting? I can see folks out west maybe making shots that long but with a 10 mil reticle it seems crazy to waste time spinning turrets.

Reactions: springer01
I have no experience with Arken scopes. I did, however, take a chance on their rings...I should have known better.

First off, I ordered 1x 34mm Halo rings and 2x one-piece mounts. I only received the Halo rings and 1x one-piece mount. Secondly, when mounting the Halo ring-clamp to rail per torque spec (45 in/lb), only one ring would clamp tight, the other would rattle vertically when pushed with one finger.

Needless to say, I did not bother to try out the one-piece mount. I understand that all manufacturers will churn out a lemon every now and then. However, the first impression test failed miserably and there are too many other options out there to keep trying. So much for something that is advertised as "ZERO tolerances for errors."
I have used several sets of their rings and mounts and never had an issue, I really like them. If you get in contact with them they will take care of you.

Who dials when hunting? I can see folks out west maybe making shots that long but with a 10 mil reticle it seems crazy to waste time spinning turrets.
There are a lot of guys who dial elevation and hold wind out there. I have even seen a few who dial both. It's just personal preference. Either way a guy shouldn't need earplugs just to dial the turrets.

I have used several sets of their rings and mounts and never had an issue, I really like them. If you get in contact with them they will take care of you.

I have emailed twice, called, and texted them since last week and never got a response back. I'll give them another week due to it being Shot week. After that, not sure what other options I have other than to report the incident as fraud.

Looks like MK Machining already makes a throw lever and parallax knob for the EP4. Here's a link. And if anyone is wondering, here's the Butler Creek caps that fit the EP4 series. https://mkmachining.com/product/arken-throw-levers/
View attachment 7212841View attachment 7212843
How well does your red tab BC 17 eye cap working out for your.. we also recommend the Multi-flex 16,17,18 as the eye peice is slightly tapered.. I got one of these you got on order and want to see how they compare to each other.

How well does your red tab BC 17 eye cap working out for your.. we also recommend the Multi-flex 16,17,18 as the eye peice is slightly tapered.. I got one of these you got on order and want to see how they compare to each other.

Allow me to direct you to the Upgrade tab. It's where all of the really cool and hip dealers go.
You'll want to the bottom button labeled "Commercial Sales Account".

Cat-Reacts-Adorably-to-Chin-Scratch.gif

Hi,

So comparing the words, phrasing and type text....
@Arken Optics USA Dealer are you the same as @randalloc ??

Arken Optics really needs to look at sending cease and desist to some of its "dealers" in order to recover their business reputation from the SPAM feel it has going on.

Sincerely,
Theis
Yes, I wanted one account that was Arken only related to answer those issues and recently created the Arken one... my personal account is for more general posting, not Arken related when I do... in the past I used it and will not in the future for Arken posts.

It fits great! The objective cap was a huge bitch to get stretched on, but it's solid as well.

So has any dealers been having issues with Arken sales and customers service not responding to emails, phone calls , and texts ??? I haven't heard back from them .

So has any dealers been having issues with Arken sales and customers service not responding to emails, phone calls , and texts ??? I haven't heard back from them .

My guess would be they are trying to get caught up after Shot show. They have always been very responsive to any emails or feedback I have given them.

Sorry you had a bad experience with the rings. I'll be honest, I had the same issue with my set and I was about to panic (I'm testing and QC'ing these things afterall) and it turned out my LaRue base was actually out of spec. The rings would only not fit in 3 slots on the rail but fit everywhere else and on all my other 1913 rails in the safe. These things happen where sometimes a part is off on our end (super rare) and sometimes another mfg part is off. If it's a problem on our side, we'll absolutely correct it. I swapped out my base with another LaRue and it works fine with those same rings.

I'm starting to think Arken would actually make more sales / be taken more serious if they stopped screwing around with shilling the crap out of forums and reign in dumbass resellers using bs sales tactics......

Last edited: