• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Clone Wars... XM3 EFR Mount stuff

Are the correct stocks still able to be ordered?

It's in the works. The issue right now is just waiting for the artifact parts to show up. Once they get here, I'll start the ritual of the dissection and recreation.
Just ordered an EFR! Thanks again for making these parts.

Any chance of being grandfathered in if you offer a package deal on the complete EFR + titanium scope rail + titanium recoil lug in the future?

Reactions: Charlie112
Are the correct stocks still able to be ordered?
They should be. Call McMillan during their business hours and ask about ordering a full spec XM3 stock (A1-3 stock, molded-in OD green, adjustable LOP butt pad system, Wichita sling swivels, etc). Last I heard, McMillan will no longer do solid molded-in finishes except for a spec stop for clone builds, but this should fall into that category, hopefully. If not, you may have to settle for a painted finish.

Cool, I’ll give them a shout next week and let everyone in this thread know what they say

Reactions: Charlie112
Confirmed via email that the full mil spec stock is still able to be ordered

My wallet is beginning to tremble..

ETA: just under $1200 and the spec sheet attached

Attachments

• IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
what action beside the actual xm3 long action with the action screws that are 7"& 5/8" apart center to center. I am looking for an action that will fit this chassis xm3 chassis for a build out

what action beside the actual xm3 long action with the action screws that are 7"& 5/8" apart center to center. I am looking for an action that will fit this chassis xm3 chassis for a build out
It's just a remington 700 short action. If you want clone correct is a 700SA in stainless steel with an S prefix serial number.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
By “M40 base and ring set”, do you mean M40A1? 🙏🤞
Yes, your gonna want to read this thread! :cool:

is the XM-3 scope base still on the agenda?

Yes it is, and Chad is letting me help out with that!

This original USMC Iraq War used FDE painted XM3 base is going to be the model for the LRI reproduction XM3 scope bases. The reproduction scope bases will be made out of titanium, just like the originals:

20230718_135230.jpg

Top base is an original XM3 scope base, bottom base is an original M40A3/5 DD Ross scope base. This is to show the differences between the 2 types of USMC bases, but I'm also sending Chad the original USMC DD Ross base in case he wants to make reproductions of that one too:

20230718_135741.jpg

And this is the exact USMC XM3 sniper rifle that the FDE painted scope base in the previous photos came from! This photograph was taken by my friend and fellow SSP member, Sgt Fechner, who was issued this rifle during our deployment. The location is Camp Baharia, which is right outside of Fallujah, Iraq. Can't get any better than this when it comes to using and original USMC XM3 part for measurements/specs!

Xoy0ljo.jpeg

And this is the exact USMC XM3 sniper rifle that the FDE painted scope base in the previous photos came from! This photograph was taken by my friend and fellow SSP member, Sgt Fechner, who was issued this rifle during our deployment. The location is Camp Baharia, which is right outside of Fallujah, Iraq. Can't get any better than this when it comes to using and original USMC XM3 part for measurements/specs!

View attachment 8185828

Hah, this is a trip! I fell in love with our XM3's in 2008. Only recently became curious enough to dig and figure out WTF that smaller rifle we had was, and discover they weren't a common thing.

We fell in on those when we got to Baharia, I almost certainly played with that exact rifle next to that shitty lake.

I've never had the clone bug, but I fear I might have to build one of these now.