• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XM-3 EFR Mounts.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    I threw this up a few days ago in the Bolt Action section. I wished I'd of listed it here as I failed to realize SH has a section devoted to this stuff. A friend gave me one of these original bases to reproduce. I ran the artifact piece through the metrology lab and was able to replicate everything.

I made an initial run of 20 pieces. They came off the mill earlier today and are in the tumbler now. Last thing to do is blast finish them, box em up, and send them off to the ano shop.

Happy to help and more to follow.

It's great to see a highly reputable and tech focused company like LRI starting to wade into the clone game! These XM3 parts will sell quickly, grab one while you can!

If these repro XM3 clone parts prove to be popular, does that mean we'll be seeing more high quality, extremely rare clone parts from LRI? If that's the case, then I might have a few ideas to pass along...... *cough*unertlmount*cough* lol

@LongRifles Inc., excellent work on the XM3 parts, I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with!

It's great to see a highly reputable and tech focused company like LRI starting to wade into the clone game! These XM3 parts will sell quickly, grab one while you can!

If these repro XM3 clone parts prove to be popular, does that mean we'll be seeing more high quality, extremely rare clone parts from LRI? If that's the case, then I might have a few ideas to pass along...... *cough*unertlmount*cough* lol

@LongRifles Inc., excellent work on the XM3 parts, I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with!
    Oh yeah we need a Unertl mount. I hear a rumor but have to wait. I want first one after the guy who is lending the mount. It will finally get the TMA vodo stink of my M40a1.

Link to the thread

There was also a request in post 36 that someone here might be able to help with.

Any progress on the other parts? Recoil lug and scope base?

UPDATE; 7.6.30

Parts are coming back from the ano peeps. Expect them Mon/Tues. We'll be shipping next week folks.

As for the "other" stuff, I have a text from Wednesday this week that artifact parts are inbound. They are coming from Minneapolis area so they might get here tomorrow. Saturday or Monday for sure.

Good to hear. Will there be plenty of the parts made to wait to order until the whole 3 piece package deal is ready?

EFR parts have landed!

Quick question for you guys:

The original that I have used socket head cap screws. I happen to have some screws that are the same size, but with Torx head sockets.

Stick with the Allen Key or do you want the torx heads instead?

Original CMP EFR with Torx screws.

Attachments

• IMG_6997.jpeg
      IMG_6997.jpeg
      512.7 KB · Views: 77
    @LRI can these be ordered with the correct engravings on them? Even if they were put on the incorrect side so you could tell a real one apart. The engraving I am talking about is below.

IRON BRIGADE ARMORY
    JACKSONVILLE,NC. ( I know because of below we can not Use IBA but how about )

Long Rifles Inc.
    Sturgis,SD
    &

MFG. BY
    COLORADO MICRO PRECISION
    LONGMONT, CO

Last edited:
    Is that even allowed? Sounds like a counterfeit at that point.
    Not sure. But I would be okay with swapping the markings around so they are on the incorrect sides Or removing the state markings. Something so it’s not confused with an actual one.

LRI is who I want to build it for me once a few remaining parts make it in. I think it would be a neat way of marking it for the build.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
    LRI markings would be a nice option to have, but offering them blank allows people to mark the mounts themselves if they want to do so.
    where would you take something to have engraved? Would you take it to a trophy shop?

Last edited:
    where would you take something to have engraved? Would you take it to a trophy shop?

There's lots of places that specialize in laser engraving and/or machine engraving, you'll just have to do a search online or ask some friends whole have had stuff engraved. I haven't sent anything out to be marked before, so I don't have any recommendations. Some of my friends have had things like scopes laser engraved and have had machine engraving done on barrels, so I know that there's plenty of places out there that will do the work.

Reactions: Jrb572
    There's lots of places that specialize in laser engraving and/or machine engraving, you'll just have to do a search online or ask some friends whole have had stuff engraved. I haven't sent anything out to be marked before, so I don't have any recommendations. Some of my friends have had things like scopes laser engraved and have had machine engraving done on barrels, so I know that there's plenty of places out there that will do the work.
    I appreciate the help

I had all of my SBRs engraved at a local trophy store. Very professional machine engraving and he had the right stuff to blacken the exposed aluminum to match the rest of the receiver.

Reactions: Jrb572
    I bet braceman over on AR15.com could do whatever engraving you want. He's very good with clone parts.

Iba is still in business? I thought they closed down

They doing builds?

They did shut down for a little while and are now back up and running. I believe that "Tiny" Briggs is back with IBA as their haed gunsmith. He's a former USMC 2112 armorer, he's one of the guys that built the original USMC XM3's, and he has spent a good amount of time doing custom work over at Remington (before the bankruptcy and new owners). So, if you get an IBA rifle built by him, you'll be getting one hell of a rifle! Call and ask about a build, or if you want to contact me privately, I'd be willing to reach out directly to Norm for you and see what they're currently doing over at IBA and if they're doing custom builds.

They doing builds?

I just got off the phone with one of the guys over at IBA, they're definitely still doing XM3 builds right now! In fact, they're in the middle of 2 builds right now for customers.

Your best bet is to acquire all the parts yourself, and then send everything to IBA. That way you can get the exact parts you need, such as the "S" prefix serial number Remington receiver. If you supply all the parts needed for an XM3 build (not missing anything) the price for an XM3 built by Tiny at IBA is $1,850 (any taxes, return shipping/insurance not included). If you want a full custom built IBA XM3 with IBA supplied parts, you'll have to call or email them for a price estimate. They're using parts from PTG, since Colorado Micro Precision is no longer in business.

So, if you have all the parts ready for an XM3 build and you're looking for a gunsmith, send everything to IBA and have Tiny build the rifle for you the exact same way as he built the original USMC XM3's!

I just got off the phone with one of the guys over at IBA, they're definitely still doing XM3 builds right now! In fact, they're in the middle of 2 builds right now for customers.

Your best bet is to acquire all the parts yourself, and then send everything to IBA. That way you can get the exact parts you need, such as the "S" prefix serial number Remington receiver. If you supply all the parts needed for an XM3 build (not missing anything) the price for an XM3 built by Tiny at IBA is $1,850 (any taxes, return shipping/insurance not included). If you want a full custom built IBA XM3 with IBA supplied parts, you'll have to call or email them for a price estimate. They're using parts from PTG, since Colorado Micro Precision is no longer in business.

So, if you have all the parts ready for an XM3 build and you're looking for a gunsmith, send everything to IBA and have Tiny build the rifle for you the exact same way as he built the original USMC XM3's!
    Awesome! Thank you!