• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

22" 6.5CM w/ Nightforce ATACR. I had a Leupold MK5 on it but did not care for it. May go to a shorter top rail so I can get the scope mounted lower.

Do all AR style rails fit on The Fix? The main reason I haven’t really looked at one is that I don’t like the full length rail. But if that is easily replaceable like on an AR, then I’ll take a look at one.

Your not going to save any weight by just swapping 16" barrels. The Proof barrel has a steel core. The Q 16" 308 barrel is the skinniest barrel you could put on the rifle.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Dave, I’ll just keep it as is then.

The handguard is proprietary, I’m not aware of any others that will work. The top rail on the handguard is pretty easily replaceable, and Q offers a few shorter lengths.

I had hoped for better, but I've only started to work up a load. I'm going to try Fed Gold Metal Match next outing. That is pretty much the standard to compare apples to apples accuracy I think.

I had hoped for better, but I've only started to work up a load. I'm going to try Fed Gold Metal Match next outing. That is pretty much the standard to compare apples to apples accuracy I think.
Even with decent ammo it should be shooting under an inch my stock CZ 527 6.5 grendel heavy barrel with. Wood stock and hsm match shot .7 inch groups at 100.....

You could save a tiny bit more weight by using a shorter top picatinny rail and lighter bipod

Correction, I just weighed my rifle with everything attached and it was 11.2 lbs! Anyone know what the lightest bipod might be? The Harris I have seems pretty light already. Looking for suggestions.

Even with decent ammo it should be shooting under an inch my stock CZ 527 6.5 grendel heavy barrel with. Wood stock and hsm match shot .7 inch groups at 100.....

The 16" 308 barrel is an extremely light profile. You can't expect it to shoot every load as well as a heavy contour would. I don't care who made and chambered the barrel.

Correction, I just weighed my rifle with everything attached and it was 11.2 lbs! Anyone know what the lightest bipod might be? The Harris I have seems pretty light already. Looking for suggestions.

About the lightest bipod available is the Neopod from Steinart Systems in Norway.

The bipod along weights 90g and with the picatinny adapter weighs 117g.

I have one ready for when my Fix lands in England. I intend doing a review.

Reactions: DrGarza
Shot a few more groups today (factory match ammo).

Best...

Attachments

• 20181110_125014.jpg
    20181110_125014.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: Gotlag1789
Are you happy with the accuracy you are seeing? I was considering one in 308. Neat concept and lightweight. But seems like obvious sacrifice is accuracy. Any buyers remorse?

No buyers remorse. I enjoy shooting it. Working with another guy to develope some hand loads for it. I am changing the MB to something that actually works...

Attachments

• 20181013_130951.jpg
    20181013_130951.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 97
Shot a few more groups today (factory match ammo).

Best...
That’s one of the better groups I’ve seen. I’ve been running 130grn Norma through it. I’m switching to the 120s for my next batch. Well done ??

If I'm not mistaken, that's what Q uses to accuracy test

There might be a reasons the barrel isn't grouping, but contour shouldn't be one of them...

I'm not saying it shouldn't group well. He said he was just starting load development. I'm saying thin contour barrels are usually pickier than a heavy on what they're going to shoot well. Not to mention they normally start to open up fairly quick with heat.

My first post on this thread. I’m shooting a 6.5 bartlein barrel. The pictures with the ammo box are fairly representative of my groups at 100 yds with those rds. The green/red target was a “qualification” target on a bench with a bipod at 200 yds. Keep in mind that I’m shooting with a magpul bipod and it is definitely not as stable as I would prefer on a bench/precision gun. I expect it to work fairly well in the field.

I am by no means a master marksman. My goal has pretty much always been to shoot within 6in (kill zone on a deer).

The only problem I have had is with shooting “cheap” ammo, that it doesn’t feed and created a strange “heavy bolt.” Looked into it and i think it might be due to the spec of the ammo and barrel. (Definitely not an expert).

No problems feeding with the magpul mags.

I’m happy with the purchase so far.

Attachments

• 056653CD-5F66-4184-8CB6-7F348906DD12.jpeg
    056653CD-5F66-4184-8CB6-7F348906DD12.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 6C9EA9A7-0112-40E8-8C73-0E135E5A8D33.jpeg
    6C9EA9A7-0112-40E8-8C73-0E135E5A8D33.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 183EE73C-B9FC-48A1-8202-231A061F0D1E.jpeg
    183EE73C-B9FC-48A1-8202-231A061F0D1E.jpeg
    538.8 KB · Views: 72
Anyone ever get the atlas direct adapter?

I am using pic rail adapter for mounting atlas

I emailed them about it and got no reply and asked them on Instagram about the qsert atlas bipod no reply. I want one for a class I’ve got coming up.

Other results from 11/10...

Attachments

• 20181110_124903.jpg
    20181110_124903.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20181110_124929.jpg
    20181110_124929.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20181110_124950.jpg
    20181110_124950.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20181110_125042.jpg
    20181110_125042.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20181110_125110.jpg
    20181110_125110.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 74
You shoot at elm fork, nice I shoot out in hunt county.

I just started shooting there but not a fan of that place. Too many "Bubbas" that do not practice basic gun safety and Saturday did not let me down, had a guy with a lever action rifle muzzle sweep me as I was loading up to leave. I can shoot out to 800 yards out near Wolfe City.

That’s awesome, I know the place your speaking of, I just started talking to them about going out there. I’m gonna bring my cz out there and stretch it out a bit. I havnt been just yet. I’ve been on the fence for a basic 6.5 fix. How do you like it?

@TXGunner308 What brake is that? It looks good on the Fix. I assume it performs as a brake should.

MB made by Scott Weichel - Live Oak Accuracy

I have not fired my rifle with this MB yet but plan to over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I did fire someone elses rifle (not a Q) that had one and it performed just like a MB should. Kept me on target to allow for quick follow up shots. We shall see how it works on mine. Comes with install tool. Installs with box end wrench. No timing required.

Attachments

• 20181003_181819.jpg
    20181003_181819.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Just bought one a few days ago and it had the 2 rail sections as well.
Question for the group- what’s a good option to mount a Harris bipod on this thing, either an adapter to the rail or a sling stud that will attach to the hand guard? I bought a cheap rail adapter off Amazon and it was junk, looking for something solid. I have an Atlas that I will use primarily but I want to have the option to use my taller Harris. Thanks.

This is what I used on my Harris. they have another one that will pan also. The only problem is the rail section that ships with the rifle is one slot short of using all three cross pins so I just removed one and it works great.

https://zrodelta.com/product/dloc-s-kit/

I had an extra Larue/Harris bipod combo. May change to an Atlas later.

Attachments

• 20181112_172611.jpg
    20181112_172611.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 46
I would advise against a sling stud for the Harris. Had one on another gun and it wears out over time. Truth be told I think the atlas is awesome but my plan is to go to the magpul on my other guns (ars and such)

I did notice with mine today as other have had happen that the rail attachment screws can contact the barrel near the receiver.

I had a section at the 2 o'clock position and I can see a semi circle from screw contact on the barrel in the rear hole.

See a lot of people chimining in on accuracy with the 6.5 What are people seeing as far as accuracy in the 308? Looking for a good light compact rifle for the tree stand.

That scope is weighing you down. I have a tango 6 and these things are flat out heav, they don't belong on lightweight rifles. If you want to shave weight, I'd look into a mark 5 or a mark 6!

Reactions: withoutwarning
Has anyone run Prime ammo through their 6.5 proof barrel yet? I’m looking at picking some up, but don’t want to invest in a case until trying some, which is hard to do where I live in Alaska.

Has anyone run Prime ammo through their 6.5 proof barrel yet? I’m looking at picking some up, but don’t want to invest in a case until trying some, which is hard to do where I live in Alaska.

I’ve not ran it in a proof but I have ran it in a few other rifles with great results. Bonus is great brass to load with once you’ve used up what you bought.

That scope is weighing you down. I have a tango 6 and these things are flat out heav, they don't belong on lightweight rifles. If you want to shave weight, I'd look into a mark 5 or a mark 6!

When I looked at his pic I thought it was a Tango4 actually, which aren't too crazy heavy (~26oz), but if it is a 6, yes those look heavy.

From my understanding, the norma 130grn is like the same exact round. Ive been running that through a 6.5 Bartlein with decent results!

My scope is a Tango 4, only 26oz in weight. That was one of the reasons I purchased this scope. I was going to get a Tango 6, but those are over 3 lbs in weight.

Reactions: stello1001
What has peoples wait times typically been for their rifle? I bought mine mid April 18’ and am still waiting on it...