• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

I would love to see someone make a round bolt knob . Even if it caused stock not to fold properly.
They have one in development. Nick was seen using one months ago. But for some reason it takes them a year to release a dam QSERT sling mount which would take an hour to model and do the prints for in solidworks.

Reactions: Gotlag1789
These ? I have a few if you need one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 66
What does your gun weigh fully loaded out?

Mine is 12.8 lbs

Fix, 6.5CM
NF ATACR w/ NF rings
Harris Bipod w/ Larue QD mount
10 round P-Mag w/ 10 rounds of 147Gr ELDM

Full Nelson is not included above.

Last edited:

Mine is 12.8 lbs

Fix, 6.5CM
NF ATACR w/ NF rings

This is why I’m going with a short light barrel. My Proof Carbon 16.5 is enroute from Dave Tooley and I can’t wait to put it on.

My rifle minus the barrel but including the Athlon 2.5-15x50 and NF rings, Harris BRMS, 10 round mag of 130grn Norma Match, Griffin Armament Recce suppressor and brake I am at 8lb 4oz. So the barrel should add 2lb 6oz I believe. That would put me at 10lb 10oz fully loaded out.

Your Atacr adds 11-12oz over other optics. But hey they are the best you can get in my opinion. 38oz for your model. The 4-16x42 is 27oz I believe.

Mine is 12.8 lbs

Fix, 6.5CM
NF ATACR w/ NF rings

This is helpful, but I've got a couple questions to get a little better idea:
22"?
which ATACR and rings/mount?
and does this mean you've decided to keep it?

I recently picked up a 20" 6.5CM Fix from the Hide. I have a Mark 5HD 3.6-18 and magpul bipod on the way so I'm curious how your loadout weight will compare. Unfortunately I won't get hands on the goods for several months so I'm living vicariously through y'all.

@66427vette
Mmmmmmm Fix And KAC. My two favorite things. Nice SR25 man.

I’d be all set forever with:

AXMC in 300 PRC
SR25 16 inch 308
SR15 11.5 inch 556
FIX 6.5 and 308
Noveske Ghetto Blaster 7 inch 300BLK

5 guns. And I’d never need a thing. Haha. Someday

22"?

I recently picked up a 20" 6.5CM Fix from the Hide. I have a Mark 5HD 3.6-18 and magpul bipod on the way so I'm curious how your loadout weight will compare. Unfortunately I won't get hands on the goods for several months so I'm living vicariously through y'all.
The 20 inch barrel is 4oz lighter than the 22inch or should be. The Mk5 is 25oz. So you should be 13oz lighter than the 5-25F1 which is what I think txgunner is running. So that’s 17oz lighter than his set up my by math. I don’t know about the bipod. I know the Harris weighs 10oz without any mounts.

22"?

Nightforce Ultralite 1.500 X-Treme 34mm Ring Set

Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 F1

Yes keeping it until my PR rifle project is complete.

Went to the range today since I had it off. Starting to fine tune to get it closer to the bullseye

308 with the green mountain barrel is putting in some work for me.

C5E9B2DB-9A96-4BA2-9902-398A61E27509.jpeg

763C2915-1D5C-43CE-B874-C76C688B911B.jpeg

F9DBF8EA-BFAB-4E2F-8176-C0E15880DBFE.jpeg

Here is my fix with black polymer instead of blue. Rifle looks black in the pic but its just the lighting.

I dig how your rifle looks. I get made fun of once a week for my blue colors but oh well. I love this rifle like no other and I will continue to achieve sub moa with a 308!

All I can say is more shooting with great ammo. You just got to get out there and fire some down the range and get off the interwebs! Share your results when you go!
I dig how your rifle looks. I get made fun of once a week for my blue colors but oh well. I love this rifle like no other and I will continue to achieve sub moa with a 308!
Even if the polymer was “salmon” it would still be a badass rifle. I haven’t tried the 175gr yet and I’m hoping thats the issue I’m having. If Q can shoot 1/2” groups, so can I. The thing is I now have proof of what they can do with my rifle so its all on me now. I’ll get it eventually.

Even if the polymer was “salmon” it would still be a badass rifle. I haven’t tried the 175gr yet and I’m hoping thats the issue I’m having. If Q can shoot 1/2” groups, so can I. The thing is I now have proof of what they can do with my rifle so its all on me now. I’ll get it eventually.

I assure that you will. It took me about 300 rounds before I got accustomed to how the rifle is. Cleaned and oiled after every session and started trying different better variations of ammo. Practice makes perfect!

I assure that you will. It took me about 300 rounds before I got accustomed to how the rifle is. Cleaned and oiled after every session and started trying different better variations of ammo. Practice makes perfect!

This. Went through almost all of the factory 65 stuff before I found one it really liked. It’s all good though :) more range time/rounds on target are always better haha.

Reactions: JohnnyPhaze
I recognize that range.

They had very deep flood waters a few months back.

They get cleaned up?

The place is not my cup of tea but was the only 100 yards that was open today. Elm fork surprisingly was closed today so I had to resort to this one. A lot has changed with the place (for the better)

The place is not my cup of tea but was the only 100 yards that was open today. Elm fork surprisingly was closed today so I had to resort to this one. A lot has changed with the place (for the better)

I prefer Elm Fork for quick 100 yard shooting, it's close to the house. Try Fossil Point if you want to go out further...800 yards I think.

I prefer Elm Fork for quick 100 yard shooting, it's close to the house. Try Fossil Point if you want to go out further...800 yards I think.

wow that is a nice range....i'd have to make it an all day event since it is about 1.5 hrs from me.

did anyone else go shooting yesterday?

I took my B/T 308 to Fouled Bore Precision in Oklahoma yesterday. The winds were steady above 30 mph with gusts over 40 mph. My dad and I both took 308s and we were able to get pretty consistent hits on man size targets out to 800 yards with The Fix using 175 FGMM. Hell, I even got one hit at 1150 yards but that took a box of ammo to do that. Took a few shots at 1350 but the wind was ridiculous and the bullet is subsonic at that point. I was using JBM calculator and it was really close.

Reactions: midSCarolina
I took my B/T 308 to Fouled Bore Precision in Oklahoma yesterday. The winds were steady above 30 mph with gusts over 40 mph. My dad and I both took 308s and we were able to get pretty consistent hits on man size targets out to 800 yards with The Fix using 175 FGMM. Hell, I even got one hit at 1150 yards but that took a box of ammo to do that. Took a few shots at 1350 but the wind was ridiculous and the bullet is subsonic at that point. I was using JBM calculator and it was really close.

What is the velocity you have plugged in?

Whooo, after reading all 49 pages (Also hi, first time poster long time lurker) I'm still torn on pulling the proverbial trigger on a Fix-- specifically with the back and forth about the barrel for the 308.

If you were able to get a NIB .308 16" Fix right now with the Bartlein barrel with a Tooley match chamber, would you do it or wait until the Q Barrel version comes out? Kind of have an itch for a compact ultralight and I'm not seeing too many alternatives. I have a HB pistol that has been great (Wish Q would answer emails though) but fit and finish I couldn't be happier with.

As much as I'd like the 16" 6.5CM that is on back order I'd suspect for PRS I'll probably fall back on a 22-24" Tikka CTR for that.

Whooo, after reading all 49 pages (Also hi, first time poster long time lurker) I'm still torn on pulling the proverbial trigger on a Fix-- specifically with the back and forth about the barrel for the 308.

If you were able to get a NIB .308 16" Fix right now with the Bartlein barrel with a Tooley match chamber, would you do it or wait until the Q Barrel version comes out? Kind of have an itch for a compact ultralight and I'm not seeing too many alternatives. I have a HB pistol that has been great (Wish Q would answer emails though) but fit and finish I couldn't be happier with.

As much as I'd like the 16" 6.5CM that is on back order I'd suspect for PRS I'll probably fall back on a 22-24" Tikka CTR for that.

Im real happy with my B/T 308 and would get another one of those barrels when I burn this one out.

1. It’s the most satisfying gun purchase I’ve ever made. And I’ve made a few. Don’t love the drama but Bartlein and Tooley are “can’t miss” industry gurus. Give me their barrel 10 out of 10 times. I’m sure the Q barrels are great. Mine in 6.5 was Sub MOA on my first try. But if given the choice I’d want the B/T. Or a proof chambered by Tooley. Which is what I did when I couldn’t find what I wanted (the B/T in 6.5)

2. There was as of 3 days ago that exact config (16 inch 308 with the B/T barrel) new at cabelas in lehi Utah. They will ship. But they are firm on the price of 2999. Not sure the lead times right now but I think they are long. I’m more of an instant gratification guy.

3. I think the gun has been proven to be not the easiest to shoot tiny groups with but CERTAINLY capable of doing so.

If your talking about 175gr FGMM I was getting 2510-2525 with a 16 inch B/T barrel with a KAC QDC suppressor. I'm also at 6800 feet elevation.

Last edited:
1. It’s the most satisfying gun purchase I’ve ever made. And I’ve made a few. Don’t love the drama but Bartlein and Tooley are “can’t miss” industry gurus. Give me their barrel 10 out of 10 times. I’m sure the Q barrels are great. Mine in 6.5 was Sub MOA on my first try. But if given the choice I’d want the B/T. Or a proof chambered by Tooley. Which is what I did when I couldn’t find what I wanted (the B/T in 6.5)

Thanks for the feedback, are you able to get the barrels direct from B/T or do you have to go through Q? If the swap is easy enough Imay just see if I can snag a 20" 6.5 from them.

Thanks for the feedback, are you able to get the barrels direct from B/T or do you have to go through Q? If the swap is easy enough Imay just see if I can snag a 20" 6.5 from them.

I don't think "snagging" a barrel is really in the cards right now. You can either wait until Q actually has spare barrels for sale (don't hold your breath), or you can sacrifice the extension on the barrel that the rifle comes with and have the barrel of your choice attached to that extension (not something you are going to be able to do at home). The barrel extension is your limiting factor... Bartlein and Tooley can't/won't just make them, it has to come from Q.

No I wouldn’t buy one again.
After several compounding issues I still like the rifle and it shoots well enough, I’ve just got too much of a sour taste left in my mouth from it all and the fact I have to continue to deal with Q and I’m still constantly having malfunctions is aggravating.

If your talking about 175gr FGMM I was getting 2510-2525 with a 16 inch B/T barrel with a KAC QDC suppressor. I'm also at 6800 feet elevation.
That’s pretty high isn’t it, surely the suppressor wouldn’t add 100fps?
With a 16 inch barrel don’t you loose around 25fps per inch with a 308 compared to the longer barrels?
I get my Labradar next week so I’ll do some testing with all my ammo to see what I’m getting with mine but with 170-180gr bullets I’m expecting around 2400fps.

Fingers crossed it’s higher then.

I ordered mine long before the barrel drama and was under the impression I was getting a Bartlein barrel, yet I got screwed with a GM barrel.

It’s nice don’t get me wrong, it’s light and has some innovative new stuff but I’m sick of the malfunctions and Q as a business the proprietary crap taking forever and them dictating what I can’t and can’t do with the rifle like not selling the barrel extensions.
I’d get something else.

With a 16 inch barrel don’t you loose around 25fps per inch with a 308 compared to the longer barrels.
I get my Labradar next week so I’ll do some testing to see what I’m getting with mine but with 170-180gr bullets I’m expecting around 2400fps.

Wow. What malfunctions are you experiencing? I haven’t had any.

@Skudshark no you can’t get a B/T barrel from them. Probably never will. There were a limited number made and aren’t being made anymore. You can find them for sale if you are really serious though.

Wow. What malfunctions are you experiencing? I haven’t had any.

@Skudshark no you can’t get a B/T barrel from them. Probably never will. There were a limited number made and aren’t being made anymore. You can find them for sale if you are really serious though.
I get one light primer strike and feeding issue every 10 round mag without fail. I run the bolt with authority and have stopped using my 20 round PMAGs to make sure they aren’t touching anything and inducing malfunctions but the 10 round PMAGs are even still doing it. Ive got a total of 7 brand new mags and they all do it. So I can only assume it’s the rifle.
Plus I constantly have brass particles all over the bolt face, which I assume is the bolt dragging on my brass? Ive never had that before in a bolt gun.

After several compounding issues I still like the rifle and it shoots well enough, I’ve just got too much of a sour taste left in my mouth from it all and the fact I have to continue to deal with Q and I’m still constantly having malfunctions is aggravating.

With a 16 inch barrel don’t you loose around 25fps per inch with a 308 compared to the longer barrels?
I get my Labradar next week so I’ll do some testing with all my ammo to see what I’m getting with mine but with 170-180gr bullets I’m expecting around 2400fps.

Your velocity may differ... When using 178gr eldx pills and varget I was only able to get 2425. 2450 with pressure. The longer eldx bullet takes up to much case capacity when you can't seat them out farther then 2.800. So saw pressure early and couldn't get to the 2500+ like the 175gr FGMM was. The Berger 175 hunters I got in that 2425-2450 range also. Same deal as the ELDx. The factory FGMM 175 was the fastest significantly more then my hand loads. Never hand loaded the SMK 175s.

Using a magnetospeed v3.

Adding... When shooting the same rounds through my 20 inch 308 I saw about a 75fps gain over the 16 inch barrel with all 3 rounds. So the 4 inches extra on a rem 700 gained me 75fps. That rifle had a surefire SPS 300 suppressor on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: thestacche
I get one light primer strike and feeding issue every 10 round mag without fail. I run the bolt with authority and have stopped using my 20 round PMAGs to make sure they aren’t touching anything and inducing malfunctions but the 10 round PMAGs are even still doing it. Ive got a total of 7 brand new mags and they all do it. So I can only assume it’s the rifle.
Plus I constantly have brass particles all over the bolt face, which I assume is the bolt dragging on my brass? Ive never had that before in a bolt gun.

I have none of those issues with my Fix. You've got something seriously wrong with your gun. Have you contacted Q?

I have none of those issues with my Fix. You've got something seriously wrong with your gun. Have you contacted Q?
Same. None of them. What primers are you using @thestacche Q does say you can’t use mil hard primers. My pmag feeds great but I plan to switch to a KAC mag for more length.

I am baffled by this. I didn’t go that far back on this thread to see if Q has been contacted or if some type of arrangement has been set up to ship the rifle back to them for testing.

I couldn’t be happier with purchasing my Fix. I have the B/T barrel and it does everything I want it to do. No accuracy issues from the guy, just the person driving it. I initially wanted the 6.5 but found a .308 at a dealer, and my lack on patience to wait, I snatched it up. If it’s something you really want, and could use the .308, I would jump on it.

Reactions: craigos