• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

I had some random feeding jams with Pmags, especially when working the bolt slow. Got a 10 round KAC and it feeds pretty damn smooth, haven’t used it live fire yet. 100 bucks for a mag sucks a lot though, I guess if it works 100% it’s worth it.

Reactions: thestacche
I had some random feeding jams with Pmags, especially when working the bolt slow. Got a 10 round KAC and it feeds pretty damn smooth, haven’t used it live fire yet. 100 bucks for a mag sucks a lot though, I guess if it works 100% it’s worth it.
$100 for a 10 round mag? Is it gold plated or am I just cheap?

Thanks for the link, sir!

Agreed though. I have the same issue with the pmags. Snagged a KAC to see how she does.

Does the KAC fit any tighter in the magwell? I need to get some velcro strips (shoutout to newguy2k3v2) and see if adding that to the area of the mag that contacts the magwell makes a difference. I have noticed that when mine binds up it is usually bc the feed angle causes the round to enter the chamber at a downward angle, and I am hoping that small amount of extra material back there will prevent that. Hell of a lot cheaper than KAC's overpriced gear. Love me some KAC but shit is overpriced.

Some KAC is over priced. True. But you can’t deny the quality. Once you’ve owned one of their factory rifles the difference is clear.

Plus they allow much deeper seating of your hand loads haha.

$100 for a 10 round mag? Is it gold plated or am I just cheap?

KAC mags are the best for SR25 platform and if you look at costs for other top quality mags $90 for a mag isn't that bad. AI mags are $80-$140, AICS pattern metal mags are in the $100 range, Sako metal mags are $125-$200+. So yes you're just cheap and probably more so just used to AR mags being "cheap".

KAC's also allow a longer OAL to me loaded than any other mag.

I had the same issue, ran a KAC and it went away. Magpul mags have been really hit or miss for me in a lot of rifles.

Does the KAC fit any tighter in the magwell? I need to get some velcro strips (shoutout to newguy2k3v2) and see if adding that to the area of the mag that contacts the magwell makes a difference. I have noticed that when mine binds up it is usually bc the feed angle causes the round to enter the chamber at a downward angle, and I am hoping that small amount of extra material back there will prevent that. Hell of a lot cheaper than KAC's overpriced gear. Love me some KAC but shit is overpriced.

Yes, they don't rattle around in the maxwell at all.

Has anyone tried the 10 rounder from ASC? Allows 2.865 seating and it can be found for 12-17 bucks. Reviews seem good... I think im gonna try one.

Edit: the reviews I was reading on mag warehouse seem to include ALL 308 mags including Pmags etc. I found reviews for just the ASC mags on cheaper than dirt and it is really bad... this is why I happily pay more for KAC. It just works.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the 10 rounder from ASC? Allows 2.865 seating and it can be found for 12-17 bucks. Reviews seem good... I think im gonna try one.

Not in the Q, but ASC's are generally pretty good. They seem to have less issues overall than magpul but they are not on KAC's level.

The way I see it people buy $500 Glocks and buy 10 extra mags at $25 a piece. A couple KAC mags at $90 a piece for a $3K rifle is a fart in the wind, there's no reason to cheap out at this level. You bought a premium rifle, why cheap out on the components that make it run correctly?

Edit: the reviews I was reading on mag warehouse seem to include ALL 308 mags including Pmags etc. I found reviews for just the ASC mags on cheaper than dirt and it is really bad... this is why I happily pay more for KAC. It just works.

I tried a 10 rounder and it works fine in the little I've used it. Spring is stiff as hell though.

16.5 inch 6.5 Creedmoor Proof Carbon barrel wirh jam nut and extension, threaded 5/8-24 weighs 2lbs 4.25oz

Just weighed the Q 22inch 6.5 Creedmoor barrel without extension or jam nut but including the cherry bomb is exactly 3lb 9oz.

Attachments

• 3BA4E764-76B3-4706-AFB8-DD5221BD2C15.jpeg
    3BA4E764-76B3-4706-AFB8-DD5221BD2C15.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 65
16.5 inch 6.5 Creedmoor Proof Carbon barrel wirh jam nut and extension, threaded 5/8-24 weighs 2lbs 4.25oz

Just weighed the Q 22inch 6.5 Creedmoor barrel without extension or jam nut but including the cherry bomb is exactly 3lb 9oz.

What cylinder diameter barrel did you use?

I sent a Sendero profile down to APA to have them make me a barrel and they sent it back saying its too big, 1.15" is the largest that will work. Then I pulled my gun apart, measured everything and determined that there's no reason a 1.20" won't work. Fuck me.

Yeah I saw that post of yours earlier. Talking with Dave Tooley he said it just has to be turned down a bit. So that’s what he did. So far so good. It’s all put together. And yeah it’s pretty tight around the breech but white mamba used the same profile and his worked and shot lights out. There’s a gap but it’s fairly small. But if anyone knows this gun it’s Tooley. Time to go shoot it...

Hope she shoots as good as she looks!

Reactions: midSCarolina

When is this thing going to make it out to the range and what ammo are you going to put through it? Pics or it didn't happen :D

Last edited:
I’m using 10 round KAC mags with great luck. I recently read the the KAC 20 round mags have even more internal length that the 10 round do. Can anyone verify?

6lb 4oz without the scope bipod or mag.

8lb 2oz wirh scope and rings.

10lb 10oz with scope, rings, Harris brms bipod, suppressor and a 10 round mag of 130grn.

Bipod is worth 13oz. Scope and rings are 30oz together. Suppressor is 17oz with the brake. Mag full of ammo is 10oz.

Attachments

• F9EC9673-D121-4971-B582-404B23EB3162.jpeg
    F9EC9673-D121-4971-B582-404B23EB3162.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 179
  • E8CB5CBE-F901-4823-A89C-E72F659F4174.jpeg
    E8CB5CBE-F901-4823-A89C-E72F659F4174.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 96E51A4B-0E4B-4585-983B-691F60CC1B4E.jpeg
    96E51A4B-0E4B-4585-983B-691F60CC1B4E.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 167
  • 8A00A22D-688B-4FF6-8E02-6F086A817586.jpeg
    8A00A22D-688B-4FF6-8E02-6F086A817586.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 161
Anyone know if Q has a booth at shot this year? If so is anything being said about .300 WSM?
I hope the short mag idea doesn’t die on the vine.

Anyone know if Q has a booth at shot this year? If so is anything being said about .300 WSM?
I hope the short mag idea doesn’t die on the vine.

Negative. They didn't go last year and not this year.

I’ll take the carbon fix barrel out tomorrow to give it a go. Can’t wait!

The breech is pretty tight.... but the gap is big enough I can make my iPhone pick it up. It looks a lot bigger in person (the gap looks bigger) @redneckbmxer24

Attachments

• F8A67D99-2BA3-49BC-9006-3CA676396501.jpeg
    F8A67D99-2BA3-49BC-9006-3CA676396501.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 58FD84A8-94A5-4A75-89AA-2DCE8F1FDFC6.jpeg
    58FD84A8-94A5-4A75-89AA-2DCE8F1FDFC6.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 414106BF-D5F0-4B18-91B2-9F2AD897C6A7.jpeg
    414106BF-D5F0-4B18-91B2-9F2AD897C6A7.jpeg
    295.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
That looks badass. I want a 20” 6.5 Creed Proof for mine so bad. I’m going to call APA and try to give it another go, I already sold that barrel at a loss though because they told me it wouldn’t work.

That looks badass. I want a 20” 6.5 Creed Proof for mine so bad. I’m going to call APA and try to give it another go, I already sold that barrel at a loss though because they told me it wouldn’t work.
Wait till you see these velocities from my 16.5. You might want a shorter one haha

my gun is 11.5 pounds

22in creed
mark 5 with sphur mount
Atlas bipod
Trash panda suppressor

I am dropping down to a 16 to 18 in barrel after i shoot this barrel out. I hope to have it shot out in the next two years

I am thinking about the 16in proof 308 as my primary use is hunting. Then hopefully someone comes out with a sub 25 oz high quality scope other than TT

I’ll take the carbon fix barrel out tomorrow to give it a go. Can’t wait!

The breech is pretty tight.... but the gap is big enough I can make my iPhone pick it up. It looks a lot bigger in person (the gap looks bigger) @redneckbmxer24

Pretty snug but shouldn't cause any issues. That shorter length really accentuates how thick those barrels are. I think I am going to go the 24" 6.5 Proof route as soon as I have the funds and extensions are available, unless a better offer surfaces in the meantime. @redneckbmxer24 what are the chances that your people can make extensions that would work for these rifles?

e080243dd7af44a5af8c4288f4b00ef7--archer-funny-archer-quotes.jpg

There's too much liability on a part like that, not something we would take on right now. Word is that a very prominent shop has them in the works though, so hopefully soon.

Reactions: midSCarolina
Shot the 16.5 proof 6.5 creedmoor barrel. Speed is about where I thought. I only have a cheap Caldwell Chrono. It isn’t very accurate at all and I’d never recommend anyone buy one. I need a magnetospeed but anyway.

20 rounds of factory Hornady 147 eld-m avg 2420. Based on the way the Chrono was acting when I used my pistol to test it I believe my speeds are actually higher but I need to get a real Chrono to find out.

I wasn’t shooting for groups as it’s only a 40 yard range. That will come soon. The limbsaver mod held up well. Feels good.

I’ve got some Peterson small primer brass I’m going to load up with the 147 eld-m and Reloder 16. So I can’t wait to put those together for this gun and see what it does. So far I love the proof barrel. It’s soooo much handier than the 22 inch barrel.

I’ll tell anyone who reads this. The fix rifle is the most revolutionary rifle and by far the most satisfying gun purchase I’ve ever made. I’d buy it again 10 times out of 10.

Reactions: Gotlag1789
It wasn’t cheap that’s for sure. But worth it. I wanted weight savings AND stiffness. Plus it’s cool. Is it worth it? Yet to be determined. But a light awesome gun deserves a light awesome accurate barrel. I sent it to you PMs

Shot the 16.5 proof 6.5 creedmoor barrel. Speed is about where I thought. I only have a cheap Caldwell Chrono. It isn’t very accurate at all and I’d never recommend anyone buy one. I need a magnetospeed but anyway.

20 rounds of factory Hornady 147 eld-m avg 2420. Based on the way the Chrono was acting when I used my pistol to test it I believe my speeds are actually higher but I need to get a real Chrono to find out.

I wasn’t shooting for groups as it’s only a 40 yard range. That will come soon. The limbsaver mod held up well. Feels good.

I’ve got some Peterson small primer brass I’m going to load up with the 147 eld-m and Reloder 16. So I can’t wait to put those together for this gun and see what it does. So far I love the proof barrel. It’s soooo much handier than the 22 inch barrel.

I’ll tell anyone who reads this. The fix rifle is the most revolutionary rifle and by far the most satisfying gun purchase I’ve ever made. I’d buy it again 10 times out of 10.

Just remembered it is a 6.5... yea 2420 would be on the slow end so let’s hope that is wrong. I have a Caldwell too and it gets the job done.... most of the time haha. I’ll typically toss a few outliers from the equation but it has always provided a number that gives reliable hits 0-1000

Last edited:
Does anyone know any dealers that have the 6.5 with the Bartlein barrel in stock? The Q dealer located has been down for a few weeks which makes it tough to call around.

It wasn’t cheap that’s for sure. But worth it. I wanted weight savings AND stiffness. Plus it’s cool. Is it worth it? Yet to be determined. But a light awesome gun deserves a light awesome accurate barrel. I sent it to you PMs

So to summarise, a 1.200” tenon Proof 16.5” 6.5mm barrel can be installed into a Q barrel extension and installed on our rifles.
Any idea what the tenon had to be turned down too to allow it to fit?

Which profile did you go with?

Does anyone know any dealers that have the 6.5 with the Bartlein barrel in stock? The Q dealer located has been down for a few weeks which makes it tough to call around.
I don’t think you’re going to find one of those anywhere. They have been sold out for a few months. There was one at cabelas in lehi Utah 3 weeks ago. You could call them. It was SN 332 or 322 or something like that.

@Just Macca yes it can be done. Tooley did mine. I wanted to use someone familiar with the gun and he has a great reputation. I believe he said 1/100th but I can’t recall. Just turned down for clearance to fit the jam nut. @White Mamba used a Bartlein with a 1.20 breech and his gun seemed to work really well. Mine is close. You can see the gap but it’s small.

Reactions: Just Macca
Which profile did you go with?
Just the standard sendero. I didn’t order this barrel. I bought it in stock from a proof vendor.

I just measured my Q 6.5 22inch barrel. The breech is 1.15 so does my 1.20 Proof fit? Seems to so far. I’m not a machinist and don’t have fancy calipers. But if there were a problem, I suppose I could just sand/grind the inside of the hand guard where the slats that hold the q sert square are. At the breech end they stick up quite a bit. You could take a couple hundredths off there if needed. But I’m telling you I think I it’s fine. I didn’t shoot groups because it’s a 40 yard range only but it seems accurate so far. I mean the breech isn’t going to wobble and vibrate when fired right? Not like the muzzle end does. Maybe someone more talented can measure the inside of the hand guard. But so far for me, it fits.

So to summarise, a 1.200” tenon Proof 16.5” 6.5mm barrel can be installed into a Q barrel extension and installed on our rifles.
Any idea what the tenon had to be turned down too to allow it to fit?
A 1.200" breech works. Just a slight change in the length of the threaded tenon. All the 6.5 CM 22" Medium Palma barrels have a 1.200" diameter breech.
An all steel barrel could be turned down for weight savings. Can't do that on a Proof.

Reactions: Just Macca

Check with that Cabelas in Lehi Utah, I purchased it and returned it, should show up in a few days. I got a great deal on the rifle but I wasn't very impressed with the rifle as a whole, and in the time between my purchasing and receiving it, I read a lot of info that made me not want to do business with Q.

Check with that Cabelas in Lehi Utah, I purchased it and returned it, should show up in a few days. I got a great deal on the rifle but I wasn't very impressed with the rifle as a whole, and in the time between my purchasing and receiving it, I read a lot of info that made me not want to do business with Q.
That’s funny. They spent 20 min trying to tell me it hadn’t ever been fired. They wouldn’t budge a penny but it had marks all over it and carbon on the Cherry bomb. Funny.

What didn’t you like about it? I’ve never been more satisfied with a rifle.

That’s funny. They spent 20 min trying to tell me it hadn’t ever been fired. They wouldn’t budge a penny but it had marks all over it and carbon on the Cherry bomb. Funny.

What didn’t you like about it? I’ve never been more satisfied with a rifle.
Every rifle is test fired. One or more proof rounds and shot for accuracy. The finish is susceptible to marring. Probably happened in the store.

Also keep an eye out on gun broker, they pop up used every once in a while.

Ok. I took my gun apart. No marks from the breech end of the barrel rubbing inside the hand guard. For science I took a piece of paper and wrapped it around and installed the hand guard over top of it. Paper pulled out with zero resistance. Now I’m not scientist or a gunsmith but I don’t believe it’s touching. I think it’s good to go. Can’t wait to accuracy test this baby.