• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The Fix from Q

Just to clarify is that 3 or 5 shots? Is that the POI shift with the can on 2” up 2” right?

Nice shooting, just curious how the bbl does as it warms up & What the POI shift is with the can?

3 shots. The POI change is from the Simrad being zero’d on my AI AX vs just dropping it on the Q and sending it. The Q is zero’d with the can. The variation in the two is simply from alignment differences between the two Spuhr mounts / Simrad rails.

POI shift on the Q can on vs can off is identical to every other rifle I have used this can on. .3 high and .1 left. The can is a direct thread SAS Arbiter Ti.

I have not noticed any accuracy or POI change with temperature. I just shoot the damn thing.

3 shots. The POI change is from the Simrad being zero’d on my AI AX vs just dropping it on the Q and sending it. The Q is zero’d with the can. The variation in the two is simply from alignment differences between the two Spuhr mounts / Simrad rails.

POI shift on the Q can on vs can off is identical to every other rifle I have used this can on. .3 high and .1 left. The can is a direct thread SAS Arbiter Ti.

I have not noticed any accuracy or POI change with temperature. I just shoot the damn thing.

? Thank You!!

Reactions: heytonyman
I just got my custom barrel back from a smith who will remained unnamed and he included these stickers, I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw them

View attachment 7066975I just got my custom barrel back from a smith who will remained unnamed and he included these stickers, I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw them

We must have the same Barrel maker & Barrel smith! They are both (I want to say the best, but I am NOT that guy referred to by his initials) at the very top in their respective fields!!

B&T goes together like PB&J!!

I find it funny and sad that there are so many lowlifes that hop into a thread about a gun they have never shot, never owned and no interest in just to bash anyone who does and the owner of the company.

I have one, I have every right to speak up and hopefully save others the headache of pre-ordering and seeing people who ordered after you get their guns while that person waits up to 18 months..

What was your "truth"?

During the very first Q&A you stated the Extensions would be open sourced when asked about barrel availability. Now you’re impeding customers from acquiring the barrels in the caliber they wish!! Why would you market it as a quick change caliber/barrel and then withhold the key part to do so?

I watched that first Q&A Session, I know what you said about Open Sourcing the Extensions. ?‍♂️

@tinytigers - That Horus scope brings back memories. I used to have one and liked it for what it was......until it broke hard.

The entire internal assembly containing the reticle was just flopping around in the scope. You could shake the scope and hear it rattle inside. The company couldn't repair it in the US. It was also outside of their (I believe) 1 Year warranty period, so they didn't offer to replace. They gave me a small credit and when I tried to contact them about using it heard radio silence.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack this thread. Just carry a backup scope ;)

I have one, I have every right to speak up and hopefully save others the headache of pre-ordering and seeing people who ordered after you get their guns while that person waits up to 18 months..

During the very first Q&A you stated the Extensions would be open sourced when asked about barrel availability. Now you’re impeding customers from acquiring the barrels in the caliber they wish!! Why would you market it as a quick change caliber/barrel and then withhold the key part to do so?

I watched that first Q&A Session, I know what you said about Open Sourcing the Extensions. ?‍♂️
That was never the plan.

I too had reservations about a Green Mountain barrel on a 3000 dollar rifle. After 200 rounds to settle in and a good handload, I feel it has proven itself with accuracy and velocity consistency. Can’t speak for long term fouling but I haven’t touched mine since round 20.

A Bartlein would certainly be preferred, but I don’t feel handicapped by the Green Mountain in this application.
Glad things are going well.

In all seriousness, is there any $3000 or even $4000 rifle that comes with a B/T barrel?

In all seriousness, is there any $3000 or even $4000 rifle that comes with a B/T barrel?

Some original AT’s did, a touch over 4K tho so no, not technically. Then they went with WinTac... we won’t get into why... lol

Inversely, does any other rifle over 3K come with a Green Mountain? They seem to be doing the trick, just not so well known in the “Precision” community. Good on them for taking the leap IMO.

Reactions: Dai Bando

Kevin what’s the word on the 8.6? Have you done any supersonic testing out of a 16” barrel with 285-300gr bullets? If so what kind of velocity did you see?

Kevin, I have had my Fix for some time now, its a very exciting rifle, but the lack of barrel options is beginning to be a big issue for me. Say what you will about the awesomeness of the Green Mountain barrels, but I have not had the greatest luck. It'll stack two, and sometimes three, but then throw one or two out. It's certainly acceptable accuracy, but I wouldn't call it a hammer by any means.

I am getting extremely frustrated that I have a "switch-barrel" rifle with no way to get another barrel for it. I can't even put my name on a pre-order list for another barrel at some point in the future, much less have the ability to choose my own adventure in terms of length and contour. I am literally stuck with the Green Mountain until such time as you see fit to grace us with some more barrels.

Like many here, I was definitely under the impression that barrel extensions would be made available. Can I purchase a Proof blank and send it to you guys in order to get a different configuration? Will you chamber it?

My guess is that you'll tell me how busy ya'all are at Q and that you don't have time to make my custom barrel. That's fair enough, but it doesn't fix my problem.

I think its time to either release the barrel extension as you said you would, or pick a few smith's and/or companies to give it to so that they can do Fix barrels for folks like me. Because honestly, I'm considering selling my Fix and just going back to my Defiance 700 clone. The Fix does have design advantages, but there's a helluva lot more folks out there that can support and work on my Deviant.

Everyone in manufacturing always says to just wait a little longer, but there comes a point where ya either have to shit, or get off the pot. In this case, its time to admit that you can't keep up with the demand, and get the barrel extension out there so that you retain your customers.

Last edited:

Then yes, you have every right to come into this thread and voice your opinion, complaint, etc. I see no issue with that and I personally appreciate the information from people that have direct experience, whether good or bad.

Some original AT’s did, a touch over 4K tho so no, not technically. Then they went with WinTac... we won’t get into why... lol

Inversely, does any other rifle over 3K come with a Green Mountain? They seem to be doing the trick, just not so well known in the “Precision” community. Good on them for taking the leap IMO.

AI stopped using B/T.

Over $4,000 is far from $3,000.

$3,000 for The Fix is the best value in firearms. The price is for all of the innovation...weight, trigger, switch barrel, folding stock, one piece receiver, no chassis, Q-Sert, fully adjustable stock, AR controls, detachable SR-25 mag, tapered muzzle, 45 degree bolt throw, receiver rails, sear in bolt, 2 second bolt handle swap, multi cal, etc. It's very expensive to develop new things.

We now use multiple production barrel vendors. These new barrels have shot the best groups ever with The Fix, not the B/T barrels.

Last edited:
Kevin what’s the word on the 8.6? Have you done any supersonic testing out of a 16” barrel with 285-300gr bullets? If so what kind of velocity did you see?

Moving forward, submitting to SAAMI. Most work has been on the subs, its the toughest. Super testing has been focused on 12.5" barrels. 150gr. at 2550fps

Kevin, I have had my Fix for some time now, its a very exciting rifle, but the lack of barrel options is beginning to be a big issue for me. Say what you will about the awesomeness of the Green Mountain barrels, but I have not had the greatest luck. It'll stack two, and sometimes three, but then throw one or two out. It's certainly acceptable accuracy, but I wouldn't call it a hammer by any means.

I am getting extremely frustrated that I have a "switch-barrel" rifle with no way to get another barrel for it. I can't even put my name on a pre-order list for another barrel at some point in the future, much less have the ability to choose my own adventure in terms of length and contour. I am literally stuck with the Green Mountain until such time as you see fit to grace us with some more barrels.

Like many here, I was definitely under the impression that barrel extensions would be made available. Can I purchase a Proof blank and send it to you guys in order to get a different configuration? Will you chamber it?

My guess is that you'll tell me how busy ya'all are at Q and that you don't have time to make my custom barrel. That's fair enough, but it doesn't fix my problem.

I think its time to either release the barrel extension as you said you would, or pick a few smith's and/or companies to give it to so that they can do Fix barrels for folks like me. Because honestly, I'm considering selling my Fix and just going back to my Defiance 700 clone. The Fix does have design advantages, but there's a helluva lot more folks out there that can support and work on my Deviant.

Everyone in manufacturing always says to just wait a little longer, but there comes a point where ya either have to shit, or get off the pot. In this case, its time to admit that you can't keep up with the demand, and get the barrel extension out there so that you retain your customers.

I would suggest re-torque all of the rail and receiver screws, especially if you've previously removed them. Or send it on RMA and we will gladly handle it and return it within days. All of The Fix rifles are shot for accuracy before shipped. 5 shot groups, not 3.

Accessories barrels are coming. Sorry for the delays.

I believe Proof now has barrel extensions and can build you a barrel. If so, they have drawings and can chamber them, as they chamber ours. We have never rejected a single Proof barrel for quality, including chamber. Their barrels are incredible. You can also use your current extension.

I never said I would release extensions for general consumption. And I'm not doing that. I said I will release them to a few selected barrels makers. Proof is the first, APA is likely the second.

I agree, you have more options with Remington clones. Not sure if they have a switch barrel or not.

And yes, things are taking off faster than expected. Extensions, and other key components are used for production rifles.

I appreciate your support and insight, but I will continue to make the decisions for Q that I feel are best for quality, customers, employees, and the future. On the bright side, with current demand, you can sell The Fix for more than you paid for it.

Last edited:
What am I doing wrong.....

I just received my Fix - 24" 6.5 Creedmoor Proof barrel. I took it to the range yesterday for the first time giddy with excitement. Loaded 50 ladder test rounds using Lapua small primer brass, Hodgdon H4350, CCI 450 Primers, and 123gr Lapua Scenar Bullets, no pressure signs. Shot off a concrete bench with an Atlas bipod and a rear bag. Scope is a Leupold MK5 HD in an ADM Mount (proven reliable on another rifle).

It's really disappointing that this appears to be a 2MOA gun without a distinct vertical or horizontal dispersion pattern. It irked me that the guy net to me with a Howa 1500 was printing 1/2" groups. The only thing I can think is that the 123gr bullets may be over-stabilized for the 1:8 twist rate.

Images below. Advice?

1556474789360.jpg
1556474902512.jpg
1556475004005.jpg
1556475131888.jpg
1556475233581.jpg
1556475324730.jpg
1556475434252.jpg
1556475514326.jpg

Reactions: rwest309
Kevin B. -
I have a Fix with 16 inch 308 barrel and really like it a lot. A huge reason I decided to buy the Fix rifle is the claim that you could buy different caliber barrels and the rifle had a "quick change" feature. Well, I am still waiting for the opportunity to buy a 6.5 Creed barrel to use.
In post # 3,154 , you offered someone the possibility of having a barrel made and then send it to you to have your barrel extension added to it. I want a Proof Research 20 inch barrel in 6.5 Creed to use with my Fix rifle. Can I send a Proof Research barrel to you and have a Fix extension put on it? This seems to be the only way I will be able to get a second barrel for my Fix rifle.

Reactions: Drew890
What am I doing wrong.....

I just received my Fix - 24" 6.5 Creedmoor Proof barrel. I took it to the range yesterday for the first time giddy with excitement. Loaded 50 ladder test rounds using Lapua small primer brass, Hodgdon H4350, CCI 450 Primers, and 123gr Lapua Scenar Bullets, no pressure signs. Shot off a concrete bench with an Atlas bipod and a rear bag. Scope is a Leupold MK5 HD in an ADM Mount (proven reliable on another rifle).

It's really disappointing that this appears to be a 2MOA gun without a distinct vertical or horizontal dispersion pattern. It irked me that the guy net to me with a Howa 1500 was printing 1/2" groups. The only thing I can think is that the 123gr bullets may be over-stabilized for the 1:8 twist rate.

Images below. Advice?

No such thing as over stable at 1:8

Those barrels were amazing with 140 gr ELD match. Sub 1/2 MOA.

Looks like you are using quality components, try heavier projectiles? Check torque on receiver and rail screws.

I'm sure you haven't MidCarolina'd your scope, but make sure it's tight in the mount and mount is tight to the rail.

Let me know if you can't or don't want to sort it. You can RMA it to us and we will gladly do it for you.

Kevin B. -
I have a Fix with 16 inch 308 barrel and really like it a lot. A huge reason I decided to buy the Fix rifle is the claim that you could buy different caliber barrels and the rifle had a "quick change" feature. Well, I am still waiting for the opportunity to buy a 6.5 Creed barrel to use.
In post # 3,154 , you offered someone the possibility of having a barrel made and then send it to you to have your barrel extension added to it. I want a Proof Research 20 inch barrel in 6.5 Creed to use with my Fix rifle. Can I send a Proof Research barrel to you and have a Fix extension put on it? This seems to be the only way I will be able to get a second barrel for my Fix rifle.
I get it. We have had various barrels and calibers at various times offered on our site.

I believe Proof has some extensions. If not, yes, send it to us.

Reactions: rydah
No such thing as over stable at 1:8

Those barrels were amazing with 140 gr ELD match. Sub 1/2 MOA.

Looks like you are using quality components, try heavier projectiles? Check torque on receiver and rail screws.

I'm sure you haven't MidCarolina'd your scope, but make sure it's tight in the mount and mount is tight to the rail.

Let me know if you can't or don't want to sort it. You can RMA it to us and we will gladly do it for you.

@Kevin Brittingham - Thanks for the reply. I'll try some 140 Barnes Match Burners and see how these perform. Appreciate the offer to diagnose but will try a few things first. Scope is mounted rock solid.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham