• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

I would wait. Too much up in the air. Things could change and you are tying up money

Why would you use the 16in 308 when you have 12in 8.6 creed?

I would wait. Too much up in the air. Things could change and you are tying up money

want to make sure I have a barrel to switch on a gun made to - would be reason. never claimed to be bright!!

You’d also be making an SBR if you dropped a 12” barrel onto a Fix. You’d need the Fix in pistol form to have a barrel less than 16” which is prob another $3k for that gun

You’d also be making an SBR if you dropped a 12” barrel onto a Fix. You’d need the Fix in pistol form to have a barrel less than 16” which is prob another $3k for that gun
that's why waiting for 8.6 pistol fix and then have longer barrel avail

@Kevin Brittingham
I ordered a 20” 6.5 creedmoor barrel earlier today and it was under the Bartlein section of barrels. Is it actually a Bartlein or did you just not redo the website? It doesn’t matter to me either way, my .308 green mountain barrel out shoots me on most occasions. Just curious

What are options for 300WSM for the Fix? Will it be severely limited my mag OAL?

Proof website shows 16 week backorder and that’s just a blank, will Q chamber and install extension in house?

I don't think the WSM will work with the 7.62 Pmag, plus the whole bolt face issue...

What are options for 300WSM for the Fix? Will it be severely limited my mag OAL?

Proof website shows 16 week backorder and that’s just a blank, will Q chamber and install extension in house?

I asked this question a number of months ago and they replied that the WSM was pretty far from the top of their list of things to do. I would love to get the mag bolt face and do a 6.5 PRC.
I’m guessing that the WSM idea for the Fix will be shelved now that they are talking about a Mega Fix in .300 win.

I asked this question a number of months ago and they replied that the WSM was pretty far from the top of their list of things to do. I would love to get the mag bolt face and do a 6.5 PRC.
I’m guessing that the WSM idea for the Fix will be shelved now that they are talking about a Mega Fix in .300 win.

I think 6.5 PRC would have serious mag length issues plus the bolt. I thought a 300 WSM could be loaded to make fit at 2.860.

I guess I’m not really interested in a long action. Seems a bolt face and a chamber is easier to build than an entire new platform but that’s not trendy

They are supposed to be making a Magnum fix next year. The Mega Fix.

Took my Fix out this past weekend to test out a few different factory loads. Shot some Winchester 140 grn Match, 143 ELD-X and 147 ELD-M this weekend. Seems like the 147 ELD-M's are shooting the best, I've been hovering around 1.00 MOA. It's taken a little time to get used the weight of the rifle, but things are improving each trip out. Definitely a below average shooter compared to most here, so I'm happy things are getting better.View attachment 7069828View attachment 7069829

It took about 5-6 trips to start really getting the hang of the rifle. I enjoyed shooting it more once things became more consistent and I am constantly trying to improve.

It took about 5-6 trips to start really getting the hang of the rifle. I enjoyed shooting it more once things became more consistent and I am constantly trying to improve.

Yeah, that's how i'm feeling. I've got around 250 rounds on it now and I feel like things are getting better each trip out.

I haven’t checked the thread in a while, I was surprised to hear about the barrels being available. Just ordered a .308 B/T, hopefully the website allowing me to order it means they are still in stock, pretty stoked get a lighter barrel than my 22 inch Creedmore.

I haven’t checked the thread in a while, I was surprised to hear about the barrels being available. Just ordered a .308 B/T, hopefully the website allowing me to order it means they are still in stock, pretty stoked get a lighter barrel than my 22 inch Creedmore.
There were still some of the B/T barrels in stock today. The light weight barrel really transforms the rifle. Its a fun gun.

The 24” 6.5 creedmoor proof research barrel is 250g lighter than the 20” 6.5 creedmoor Bartlein/Toolley.

I also have a 16” .308 and agree the handling is awesome even with a silencer onboard.

Just to clarify as I know we use different measurements. The proof barrel is only 1lb heavier than the .308 barrel for 8 inches long of barrel it’s a no brainer.

Last edited:
Never had a proof barrel, question, can barrel be shortened by smith? Keep looking at Creed Proof option, but 24" little long with can attached.

Never had a proof barrel, question, can barrel be shortened by smith? Keep looking at Creed Proof option, but 24" little long with can attached.

No, carbon fiber barrels can't be shortened. You're stuck with the 24" length. You'd have to order a shorter blank from proof and have it chambered if you want a shorter carbon fiber barrel.

Reactions: TipToeTango
I just put on my light 16" 308 B/T barrel and shot it for the first time. 5 shot groups were in the .85-1.5 MOA range which is "good enough" for a hunting barrel. I wanted to avoid as much recoil as possible in this light rifle with virtually no pad, so I replaced the Cherry Bomb with a Precision Armament M11 brake. I'm happy to report that it did a phenomenal job taking out recoil. IMHO - It also looks badass :)

If you are thinking about one of these brakes, be aware that it does not fit under the handguard, so the brake has to be removed for barrel changes. This is not a big deal since their "Accu-washer" timing system lets me hand tighten the brake into perfect alignment with repeatability.

20190503_151050 - Copy.jpg

Reactions: heytonyman
I called Proof Research today to order a 6.5 Creedmoor carbon fiber barrel for my Fix. Here is what I was told:
- They have plans to make a 20 inch 6.5 Creedmoor barrel with 8 twist that will be a "drop in" ready to go barrel with extension.
- They are not yet making them.
-They are still trying to finalize the details and create a drawing for the barrel for manufacturing.
- They no longer sell barrels direct to individuals. You must order thru a dealer.
- The main issue holding up progress on these barrels is that they are working out details with Q about how they will be finishing the muzzle end of the barrel. No decision has been reached to decide if Proof will sell the barrels with the Q tapered shoulder and threaded end or if it will have a conventional straight shoulder and threaded end, or if maybe they will sell it unfinished and let the buyer finish it .
- I was told they hope to have the details worked out in 2-4 weeks.

So, still no source for a barrel. I sure hope Q decides to let them sell the barrel completely finished with the tapered shoulder and threaded ready to accept a Q Cherry Bomb. Heck, I would even be ok with them selling the barrel with the Cherry Bomb already installed. That is how I want one anyway.

Q - PLEASE allow Proof Research to finish the muzzle with your tapered shoulder ready to go for a Cherry Bomb brake!!!

I know, a handful of barrels were put up for sale on the site. They are gone. I missed out on those. I cannot monitor the site continuously hoping to get lucky and be able to order one. I guess it was a waste of time to add my email to all of those notification lists because I never was notified about stock available.

Anyway, I am happy to see that some progress is being made to supply barrels by someone in the near future.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
Just took my Fix out to the range again today. 0.5 MOA off of a bag with factory Norma 130gr Match ammo.

I am testing the Lancer L7AWM 10 round mags. The Lancers feed smoothly and work perfectly. The spring is a bit stiffer than the Magpul mags. I like the Lancers better as I perceive them to feed smoother , so I will be switching over to the Lancers in my Fix.

Great day shooting today.

Ephram M.

I get busy for 5 min and Q SELLS THE B/T barrels. Dammit Kevin. I missed it. I wanted a 20 inch Bart.

Still the best gun I’ve ever owned. The Fix is awesome. Wish I hadn’t had to sell the Proof barrel but life is what it is. Love this gun. It’s right up there with my SR25 for awesomeness.

For sure, the 16” feels night and day different than the 22”, in a good way.

I’m trying to decide whether to shorten up the 22” or just wait until Q has 16” 6.5 barrels in stock. A 20” Proof 6.5 barrel would be pretty slick too though.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham