• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

I heard there was gonna be a recoil pad redesign. When will we see these?

I would suggest re-torque all of the rail and receiver screws, especially if you've previously removed them. Or send it on RMA and we will gladly handle it and return it within days. All of The Fix rifles are shot for accuracy before shipped. 5 shot groups, not 3.

Accessories barrels are coming. Sorry for the delays.

I believe Proof now has barrel extensions and can build you a barrel. If so, they have drawings and can chamber them, as they chamber ours. We have never rejected a single Proof barrel for quality, including chamber. Their barrels are incredible. You can also use your current extension.

I never said I would release extensions for general consumption. And I'm not doing that. I said I will release them to a few selected barrels makers. Proof is the first, APA is likely the second.

I agree, you have more options with Remington clones. Not sure if they have a switch barrel or not.

And yes, things are taking off faster than expected. Extensions, and other key components are used for production rifles.

I appreciate your support and insight, but I will continue to make the decisions for Q that I feel are best for quality, customers, employees, and the future. On the bright side, with current demand, you can sell The Fix for more than you paid for it.

KB,
Thanks again for taking the time to be accessible.
Sorry to press the question, but I’m in Australia and would really like additional barrels. The sole distributor does not seem interested in importing/selling additional barrels.
What are my options?
Cheers.

Untrue. Where'd you hear that? Are you trolling again, lil fellow?

@Lowlight

Hi,

Kevin, may I suggest Chill Out a little....

You tagged LL in this thread then went on a "thread hunt" that has you stalking this guy in 8 different threads.

Give LL time to see, review and handle you tagging him.

Also it is probably faster for him to get on this if you click the report button instead of tagging him.

The report button he knows immediately in his control panel side of the forum that somebody has a problem; but just tagging him..he has to filter through everything to see if the tag was for good purpose, bad purpose or no purpose.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: BigTex
I said I will release them to a few selected barrels makers. Proof is the first, APA is likely the second.

Kevin,
If APA starts getting extensions I will be in line for a Fix! I live in Maine (about 1 hour from Portsmouth), it would be awesome to be able to come down and see the facility and meet the people behind the rifle. Do you or would you consider offering a rifle less the barrel (so I could get Jered to chamber a barrel for me)? Also have you or do you have any customers shooting a 6.5X47L out of the Fix, are there any feeding issues - do you think it is a viable caliber option? It seems like a match made in heaven to me.

-Thank you for your time

Kevin,
If APA starts getting extensions I will be in line for a Fix! I live in Maine (about 1 hour from Portsmouth), it would be awesome to be able to come down and see the facility and meet the people behind the rifle. Do you or would you consider offering a rifle less the barrel (so I could get Jered to chamber a barrel for me)? Also have you or do you have any customers shooting a 6.5X47L out of the Fix, are there any feeding issues - do you think it is a viable caliber option? It seems like a match made in heaven to me.

-Thank you for your time

APA will likely receive extensions and start performing some barrel work for The Fix.

You absolutely to come to Q for a customer build, we'd love to have you. However, we will not sell a gun without a barrel installed and test fired.

APA will likely receive extensions and start performing some barrel work for The Fix.

You absolutely to come to Q for a customer build, we'd love to have you. However, we will not sell a gun without a barrel installed and test fired.

Thank you Kevin. I completely understand and appreciate selling as a package with a barrel and test fired.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
@Kevin Brittingham - Thanks for the reply. I'll try some 140 Barnes Match Burners and see how these perform. Appreciate the offer to diagnose but will try a few things first. Scope is mounted rock solid.

Have you tried only handholds or have you tried some factory match? you need a control like black hills or FGMM and your handholds are the variable.

No such thing as over stable at 1:8

Those barrels were amazing with 140 gr ELD match. Sub 1/2 MOA.

Looks like you are using quality components, try heavier projectiles? Check torque on receiver and rail screws.

I'm sure you haven't MidCarolina'd your scope, but make sure it's tight in the mount and mount is tight to the rail.

Let me know if you can't or don't want to sort it. You can RMA it to us and we will gladly do it for you.

Let it go, Kevin. Stay on topic

I have the tag

But I am not sure of the issue?

What am I looking at a guy asking if there is gonna be a redesign of the butt pad or stock?

This is what we have come down to, using the forum to avoid questions,

I am not sure of the history between the players, but the way this whole thing is going I am really tempted to end it

In the spirit of minimizing the amount of crap I have to buy, I adapted an old Remington 700 style / 308 bore guide to work in The Fix by building up the diameter of the guide with tape so that it sits snug and centered in the rear of the receiver. Works just fine.
20190429_100131.jpg

In the spirit of minimizing the amount of crap I have to buy, I adapted an old Remington 700 style / 308 bore guide to work in The Fix by building up the diameter of the guide with tape so that it sits snug and centered in the rear of the receiver. Works just fine.
View attachment 7069431

Brilliant! I'll do this as well. Great hack.

Ephram M.

Untrue. Where'd you hear that? Are you trolling again, lil fellow?

@Lowlight
I thought I read that I saw pics on this thread, but it could have been on one of your AR’s or one of the posters modifications with Limbsaver pad.

I believe KB mentioned that they may be coming out with a larger buttpad. Not a redesign, but an accessory.

Ephram M.

Thanks

I find it funny and sad that there are so many lowlifes that hop into a thread about a gun they have never shot, never owned and no interest in just to bash anyone who does and the owner of the company.
What if we have no interest in it due to shortcomings we discovered while handling - does that meet your standards?

Reactions: rwest309
Does Q/KB have a patent on their extensions? Why can't a smith just figure out the specs and fill the Fix barrel void? Aside from KB being litigious, is there anything stopping this from happening?

Offshore engineer/machinist can have the extension reverse engineered in no time.

RMA on website. $300. Just extension and installing.

No offense you might as well not offer them... the bartlein on your site is 650 and the proof is 975.

Proof barrel sale for 700-800 plus a couple hundred for chambering and 300 for ext and that’s 1300 barrel.

That is quite the mark up. I was expecting maybe a 100-200, but 300 is a stretch. Hopefully you start releasing barrels so we can truly use our switch barrel rifle.

Is the Trigger adjustable? In other words can I lighten the pull or is set permanently?

KB,
Thanks again for taking the time to be accessible.
Sorry to press the question, but I’m in Australia and would really like additional barrels. The sole distributor does not seem interested in importing/selling additional barrels.
What are my options?
Cheers.

We don't export guns or parts, but happy to sell them to anyone or company in US as available.

No offense you might as well not offer them... the bartlein on your site is 650 and the proof is 975.

Proof barrel sale for 700-800 plus a couple hundred for chambering and 300 for ext and that’s 1300 barrel.

That is quite the mark up. I was expecting maybe a 100-200, but 300 is a stretch. Hopefully you start releasing barrels so we can truly use our switch barrel rifle.

It's not our mark up that makes it that expensive. We have extension and jam nut, Q/C the barrel once we receive it, installing the extension, head spacing, and have to correct any issues with the barrel once we receive it, etc.

Some accessory barrels go up on the Q site tomorrow.

It's not our mark up that makes it that expensive. We have extension and jam nut, Q/C the barrel once we receive it, installing the extension, head spacing, and have to correct any issues with the barrel once we receive it, etc.

Some accessory barrels go up on the Q site tomorrow.

Deleted due to rules

Last edited:
Well it's tomorrow today and I don't see anything for accessory barrels being added to the website.

• Haha
Reactions: BradyW
Well it's tomorrow today and I don't see anything for accessory barrels being added to the website.
Maybe he added a new skateboard instead. Because you know, priorities.
Thank you for delivering on the barrels KB.

Last edited:
Took my Fix out this past weekend to test out a few different factory loads. Shot some Winchester 140 grn Match, 143 ELD-X and 147 ELD-M this weekend. Seems like the 147 ELD-M's are shooting the best, I've been hovering around 1.00 MOA. It's taken a little time to get used the weight of the rifle, but things are improving each trip out. Definitely a below average shooter compared to most here, so I'm happy things are getting better.

View attachment 7069431
I have the same one. The part that goes into the bore doesn’t go all the way in due to where the shoulder is and it hits the extension lugs. Have to knock the shoulder back a little

Lol man you guys don’t cut that man any slack

Some truth to that. It’s hard for kB because he is trying to run his business and has one set of restrictions, costs, pressure, etc and then there is the customer side. I think this thread is the largest gathering of q owners that I know.

I know that the barrel section went away for a bit and come back with hb barrels but I didn’t see any fix barrels.

Reactions: claytonm
I know that the barrel section went away for a bit and come back with hb barrels but I didn’t see any fix barrels.

Yeah and they probably don't have a bunch of tech/web folks adding/removing stock. They still have a listing for sold out Bartlein barrels, which I'd say we probably know aren't coming back. I'm guessing it's a Shopify store but am not super familiar with how it manages products and listings.

If someone's hungry for a barrel today I'd at least try to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait through the day, and actively check Q's instagram because that seems to be the most likely way they notify when stuff comes in stock.

I really hoped that opening to other makers would mean the green mountain barrels would be available for sale. But earlier in the thread I think that is not happening soon :(

Looks like they have all options for b/t except the 22in 6.5cm

I did reach out to KB and he did source me one that I needed (some of you will say I’m a nut hugger). Thanked me for my support and I will be a proud owner of an extra proof barrel.

I almost bought a 308 but didn’t. Too much money for what I would use it for (hunting inside 300 yards). Hopefully some other barrels come out.

I have the 22in creed on it now, but don’t really go longer than 300-400 yards

if I could get some decent advice - I have been waiting for the 8.6 blackout pistol in 12" to buy and KB said would be 2020. do I buy a 6.5 creedmoor or 308 barrel now and have it in hand to use for a switch barrel? would only want a 16" in either
8.6 with 12" would be great with my thermal for Hog hunting