• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

It amuses me a great deal how they are giving you shit for not designing your bolt action rifle specifically to work reliably with a 20rnd assault rifle magazine.

At no point does it occur to them how absurd this is...
why? a lot of people want more than 10-rd capacity. how is it not considered absurd a $3K rifle doesnt function with every mag in the pattern it was designed for?

Reactions: deersniper
I take it this is your first mag fed bolt action rifle then....

Because if you owned anything that takes AICS or AW magazines you would be sitting here with me in the stadium with everyone else scratching your head at this spectacle...

Reactions: claytonm

Because if you owned anything that takes AICS or AW magazines you would be sitting here with me in the stadium with everyone else scratching your head at this spectacle...
if youre addressing me, no, ive owned 4 different rifles that took AI mags and 308 based cartridges and never had an issue like this including my +10 capacity mags

Reactions: Tunnuh

I don't see it as absurd even though I have no use for anything over 10 rounds even in an AR. Look at how many people are buying mag extensions for AI mags, what are they up to, 14 rounds?

Ok. Say your rifle works fine with 5rd aics mags most of the time and hardly works at all with 10rd aics mags. Those very same mags work perfectly fine in every other rifle that's set up for aics mags though. That's no problem at all?

I find that you can be too gentle with the fix. If I try to baby it, it gets mad. When I am more forceful it works better. (Not saying this is your issue but something worth checking). I seated a few bullets with no power and primer and use that to test mags.

Just to clarify my issue is with the 10 round P-Mags supplied with the rifle from Q.

A sticker on the trigger guard sorted the problem immediately.

I will compare the Sellior and Bellot 140gr creedmoor to some hand loaded 140gr Hornady ELD-M.

I suspect it is an ammunition issue.

My two Fix rifles feed fine. Or put differently. They feed 178gr AMAX, 125gr SST, and 208gr AMAX flawlessly out of 10 rnd pmags or 10 rnd KAC mags.

Bullet shape may have a significant role in this or it may not.

The issue is sloppy magazine wells... the problem is exacerbated by your longer, higher capacity mags, but it is still there with the 10 rounds. 10 round pmags aren't 100% for everyone in this rifle. The rifles are really cool and light (for a chassis rifle) but some tweeking of the action and magwell would do the fix a lot of good. No reason to make excuses.

My gun runs 90% with KAC 10 round. But it runs 100% after shimming the front of the mag with adhesive Velcro. This is with 6.5 running the 147 ELDM at 2.825 OAL

Reactions: sodakhunter
My gun runs 90% with KAC 10 round. But it runs 100% after shimming the front of the mag with adhesive Velcro. This is with 6.5 running the 147 ELDM at 2.825 OAL
I did Movistar’s Velcro deal and works great w KAC mags w factory Hornady PH 143gr eldx. Just a bit of finess to get mag in but I’m using it for hunting so if I’m reaching for a second mag something went way wrong.

Reactions: Movistar
Used the multi tool to swap out my barrel. It took roughly about 15 mins.

Attachments

• EB68DE55-0A27-43ED-A889-9C8B01DA3071.jpeg
    EB68DE55-0A27-43ED-A889-9C8B01DA3071.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 171
I have only had one feeding issue with the 10 round and it happened at the most inopportune time but it was my fault. I have not had any issues running a 20 round either. I have the 308 so maybe its a magazine because these mags were not originally designed a 6.5 Creedmoor.

Did anyone else who ordered a barrel in this last run get it in and it arrive without a cherry bomb?
I did finally receive my barrel yesterday. It looks great, but I too was disappointed to find that it did not include the advertised Cherry Bomb. Seeing as they have now updated the barrel sales to exclude the Cherry Bomb, I think that I may have a screen shot of my original order which stated that it would be included. I will reach out to Q and see what they say.
Update: Q said that they will make it right and send a Cherry Bomb out to me as soon as possible. No complaints from me regarding their CS.

Last edited:
So, with the reported mag issues, was there not a mag that the rifle was designed to use specifically? I understand that it was designed to use a style of mag, but why not a specific known quantity mag that offered repeatable reliability? For example, sell it with a note that it functions reliably with a P Mag, but other brands may or may not be as reliable. The rifles look nice, and I have even thought about one for hunting.

So, with the reported mag issues, was there not a mag that the rifle was designed to use specifically? I understand that it was designed to use a style of mag, but why not a specific known quantity mag that offered repeatable reliability? For example, sell it with a note that it functions reliably with a P Mag, but other brands may or may not be as reliable. The rifles look nice, and I have even thought about one for hunting.
Yeah Q tells you to either use Pmags or KAC. I have six 10rd Pmags and 1 KAC mag. They function 100% when running the bolt fast or slow except for one Pmag which I marked with a sharpie and only use in my ARs. I trust that my $3,000 rifle works better than my $20 polymer magazine. Throw your Pmags in an AR-10 and try to slowly run the bolt on a loaded magazine and see how that works out.

Lol I don’t have any problems with my bolt... and I run it with authority ??

Swapped barrels today from 308 to 6.5. Broke her in with no issues with mag or anything else

Attachments

• 124CD7B6-6AA8-4AAF-8F5F-AF76419DBE3D.jpeg
    124CD7B6-6AA8-4AAF-8F5F-AF76419DBE3D.jpeg
    605.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 79C7721B-2AB6-4F9F-9835-DF4B5EB9254A.jpeg
    79C7721B-2AB6-4F9F-9835-DF4B5EB9254A.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 236
Won’t get to shoot it until it gets delivered but I got to visit Q and build my 6.5 Fix yesterday. Awesome experience. I would encourage everyone to make the trip if possible. I wanted to take pics (and they offered to do so) but I was having so much fun I forgot to take some. Spent a total of 21 hours over a 36hr period on the road and it was worth every minute.

They also went above and beyond to fix an issue caused by my personal preference (Surefire brake instead of theirs due to me not having a Q Suppressor YET). They had no obligation but insisted on making it work despite the threads on my brake being bad and ruining the threads on their barrel.

Can’t wait until the rifle comes in to shoot. Awesome experience, awesome gun but even better we’re the people I met.

Sure looks like one of those 20round mags designed for assault rifles right there in one of q's posts.

Attachments

• 05D3F746-157C-4E3B-92C7-A58F0E71EDD4.png
    05D3F746-157C-4E3B-92C7-A58F0E71EDD4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 287
They are reposting a cool picture a customer or dealer posted and tagged them in. It's kind of a cool way of acknowledging the little people who enjoy your products enough to take pretty pictures of them and post to instagram. It's also solid use of instagram as a company to promote your products.

This is how instagram works...

Took my Fix Q back out to the range today.

I compared both my 10 round Magpul mags to the Lancer L7 mag. The Lancer has a very stiff spring, and feeds perfectly. The Magpul spring is a bit lighter. I have noted that I do need to run the bolt with a bit more authority with the Magpuls.

I also think I found my load for my 6.5 Creedmoor. I was achieving 0.25 MOA.

Might be time to do some painting.

Beautiful gun.

Ephram M.

Until they toss one up and call it the rifle of the fuckin year haha

Disclaimer: the "rifle of the year" is not meant to be a functional rifle

5JAsXrA.png

Lol ? bruh - why do you continue to come in here and bash shit. Aren’t you the dude who didn’t mount your scope right? Didn’t you sell it? You serve no purpose here, my guy ??????

Mine runs like a fuggin champ. ??

Won’t get to shoot it until it gets delivered but I got to visit Q and build my 6.5 Fix yesterday. Awesome experience. I would encourage everyone to make the trip if possible. I wanted to take pics (and they offered to do so) but I was having so much fun I forgot to take some. Spent a total of 21 hours over a 36hr period on the road and it was worth every minute.

They also went above and beyond to fix an issue caused by my personal preference (Surefire brake instead of theirs due to me not having a Q Suppressor YET). They had no obligation but insisted on making it work despite the threads on my brake being bad and ruining the threads on their barrel.

Can’t wait until the rifle comes in to shoot. Awesome experience, awesome gun but even better we’re the people I met.
That is so cool. Waiting for my trip there when the 8.6 Fix pistol comes out next year. I am willing to book a spot now if could. I don’t have instagram so I keep checking their site. I would almost buy a 6.5 creedmoor barrel now so can swap out later
Glad you had the opportunity to build your gun.

Reactions: Gotlag1789
I'm pretty sure that no one will have any direct experience, but hopefully someone here may have some insight into how a 280 Rem AI would work in the Fix? Looking for a bit more punch than the 6.5 or .308 in the short action standard bolt face. Application is mostly for hunting.

Not sure how recoil, feeding etc. may be. Or if its is a dumb question please let me know. I realize that barrels for these things are hard to find, but I think if a guy sends a barrel to Q they will add the extension for a fee. Likely the only way to get barrel like this. May be cost prohibitive, but just checking into options. Any insight would be appreciated.

You could look at the 7SAW, it looks interesting.

Reactions: HayStax
I forgot to re-torque some screws after my scope sat on the shelf for about a month... you thought you were some kind of damn genius and spun a spring around a few times claiming it lightened the bolt lift (we obviously know how that turned out)... but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and call it a wash. Maybe there are a lot of rifles that don't have any issues whatsoever and thats awesome. There are people I know personally here on this thread and they have a different opinion than I do and thats great but I do think that there are issues that people need to consider before buying this rifle. If you are someone with extra money to spend, buy one... its a cool rifle, but if a 3k rifle is something you are going to have to save for and it might be your only buy for awhile or you are going to have to hear about it from your wife for the next year, I would seriously look around before jumping on the whole Fix bandwagon. Maybe the 6.5s are better, maybe the proofs are better, idk, i don't care, in my experience this is an overhyped sub par rifle. And when people had issues KB/Q just seemed to want to deflect and be a complete bitch about it, so until they show some initiative and make sure that no one has a similar experience (to me and several other people y'all have tried to run off), I'm going to continue to come here, be an asshole, and remind everyone how much I dislike this rifle and this company and why. I will give KB credit for listening to the complaints about barrel availability. "?"

Woah, keyboard warrior. Lookout ?? - I’m not going to go back and forth with you because it’s literally a waste of my life. But, yeah. I had an absolutely awesome experience with Q/Nick/KB/their customer service and everything about the rifle, thus far. So, every time you feel the need to piss and moan about something in your life and why this rifle shit in your Cheerios, I’ll post right after and let everyone know how dope mine is :)

Side note - that bolt moa is complex as shit, not just torquing down some rings ;) ?????? Thanks for the laughs, homie.

Beginner here, and I just wanted my first rifle really bad so I jumped on the chance to grab a Fix in 6.5 creedmoor even though I was originally planning on waiting for an SRS-A2 with a 223 conversion. It has been over 20 years since I shot any kind of rifle and I really struggled to feel comfortable, and even the 6.5 creedmoor beat me up a little bit between my shoulder and jaw bone. I guess I am just sensitive to recoil and that may take a while to sort out.

Anyway, my LGS dealer (JT guns in Des Moines) installed an EOTech Vudu 5-25x50 and sighted it in for me. A week later I made it out to the range and here are my first 9 shots at 100 yds, then I was done for the afternoon... I was expecting much worse given my skill level so it felt good to walk up and see this target after having the rifle jump around on me with each shot.

This thread has been a great read took me a good while lot to digest. Can't wait to get my Fix! Buddy just got his last week he is flippin over the moon. There is not a thing I'd change out of the box it's everything I want.

Just want to add that I live my rifle, and Q has been just fine to work with. I go shooting with a buddy who is a heavy custom rifle PRS type shooter. The fix hangs. Then when my buddy breaks out his lighter hunting rifle, the fix still hangs. If you want an all around great rifle, this is it. If you want the best PRS gun, go buy something else. But then again, I’m going to do my best to add more weight to mine and see how it does. That’s the best pet about this rifle, make it how you want it.

Just want to add that I live my rifle, and Q has been just fine to work with. I go shooting with a buddy who is a heavy custom rifle PRS type shooter. The fix hangs. Then when my buddy breaks out his lighter hunting rifle, the fix still hangs. If you want an all around great rifle, this is it. If you want the best PRS gun, go buy something else. But then again, I’m going to do my best to add more weight to mine and see how it does. That’s the best pet about this rifle, make it how you want it.

10000% this - I think with the bolt knob and like a raz HD on top, or something heavy, it could hang with the PRS boys. The addition of a bolt knob is going to be a game changer for running the bolt with the fix.

I agree with everything but the adding weight part. Certainly your choice, but for me the low weight and compactness while folded is its greatest attraction to me. I’ve owned a pile of customs, and this thing is just plain interesting to me. I really enjoy it.

Mine has a heavy 22” 6.5 cm barrel. As soon as my sendero lite proof blank gets here, it’ll be a 16.5” 6.5 Lapua.

That was the idea...

Question: Would it make sense to convert my Fix from 6.5 creedmoor to 300 BLK, or would it be much smarter to just wait for the Mini Fix and then sell my Fix to fund the next purchase? I am convinced that I would be happier with a more mild cartridge in general, would have a lot of fun with subsonic and a suppressor, and will end up shooting 100-500 yards the vast majority of the time anyways. Any advice?

Question: Would it make sense to convert my Fix from 6.5 creedmoor to 300 BLK, or would it be much smarter to just wait for the Mini Fix and then sell my Fix to fund the next purchase? I am convinced that I would be happier with a more mild cartridge in general, would have a lot of fun with subsonic and a suppressor, and will end up shooting 100-500 yards the vast majority of the time anyways. Any advice?

Have both!

Probably make more sense buying a 308 barrel and running 308 sub Sonics through it. Same-ish energy as 300 blackout

Thanks for the response... I can only afford to have one really nice rifle and scope, but I have the same question into Q customer service so we shall see what they come up with. 308 sub is viable, but there are three downsides to that path: 1) factory ammo is significantly more than 300 BLK in most cases, 2) many more options and optimized cartridges to be found in the very healthy 300 BLK market, 3) The supersonic option in 300 BLK is just the kind of mild, low recoil caliber I am looking for as 6.5 creedmoor is a little too stout for me and 308 would be a little worse rather than better. Will be interesting to see exactly whre the Mini Fix and the Fix are different in terms of parts/components. But even if this costs me a bit of extra coin to finally get right, I am glad I have the Fix in hand right now as I will still enjoy shooting it while I wait for either the Mini Fix or a conversion opportunity.

Reactions: Sjc141
Thanks for the response... I can only afford to have one really nice rifle and scope, but I have the same question into Q customer service so we shall see what they come up with. 308 sub is viable, but there are three downsides to that path: 1) factory ammo is significantly more than 300 BLK in most cases, 2) many more options and optimized cartridges to be found in the very healthy 300 BLK market, 3) The supersonic option in 300 BLK is just the kind of mild, low recoil caliber I am looking for as 6.5 creedmoor is a little too stout for me and 308 would be a little worse rather than better. Will be interesting to see exactly whre the Mini Fix and the Fix are different in terms of parts/components. But even if this costs me a bit of extra coin to finally get right, I am glad I have the Fix in hand right now as I will still enjoy shooting it while I wait for either the Mini Fix or a conversion opportunity.
I doubt there will be a conversion to .300BO for the Fix, different actions. The MiniFix is built around AR-15 mags and is available to pre-order/order now in .224 Valkyrie and could be easily changed to .300BO.

Reactions: Sjc141
So I’m back from home from my weekend class with @Lowlight up here in Alaska, and man was it a blast. I took my Fix with me equipped with the Proof 6.5 barrel shooting Hornady 147s. That was my first time shooting beyond 500 yards and it was pretty exciting. Unfortunately I was having too much fun and didn’t take too many pictures. I did not realize how bad my fundamentals were until I had Marc and Frank yelling in my ear what I was doing wrong.
I shot a 1moa 5 shot group at 100yards the first day for my eval, and at the end of day two I would of shot a .25moa group, but got excited on shot four and pulled a flier. So much for concentrating on my fundamentals.
Now that I’m home, I need to hit the range and make sure I haven’t forgotten everything. And I’ll make sure to take pictures of my groups this time.
The rifle performed flawlessly, and didn’t have a single issue. If anyone has any doubts on how the rifle shoots, I’d recommend taking a class from Frank.

Photo credit of my rifle goes to @JT505

Side note, it was pretty awesome watching Frank grab my gun, dial on my dope to 1000, and go 3 for 3.