• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Best I can tell, they will make their barrel extensions available to gunsmiths, so once they are in full production you should be able to have a 6mm Creedmoor barrel made.

I currently shoot 6.5x47 with my DTA SRS and I am all set up to reload for it. For my purposes, there is not practical difference between 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5x47, so I ordered The Fix in 308 (since I do not have a lightweight 308) and I plan to make a 6.5x47 barrel for it once barrel extensions become available.

ILya

Best I can tell, they will make their barrel extensions available to gunsmiths, so once they are in full production you should be able to have a 6mm Creedmoor barrel made.

I currently shoot 6.5x47 with my DTA SRS and I am all set up to reload for it. For my purposes, there is not practical difference between 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5x47, so I ordered The Fix in 308 (since I do not have a lightweight 308) and I plan to make a 6.5x47 barrel for it once barrel extensions become available.

ILya

Q told me once on IG that only certain barrel makers will get the extensions. I am looking at having a 6mm of some sort made for it, maybe 6XC.

Reactions: EdO
Yes. Do you?

I challenge you. Come and out shoot me. I'll pay your way. I'll give you The Fix rifle, optic, 5K rounds of ammo, donate $10,000 to your favorite charity, and name my next hunting dog after you, if you out shoot me.

I out shoot you, I simply post pics of you getting your ass handed to you, and post your real name.

Let me know.

Kevin Brittingham (if in fact that is your real name),

You said to let you know.

I'm letting you know.

If you've given your limit to the NRA for the year, we can do Cal Guns.

Wife won't let you call the dog "Dai"? "Higgins" is pretty cool too. Although "Jeff" might fit in well on your Instagram feed.

10 shots. 10" square. 1,000 yards. Most hits wins. Prone. No spotters.

Let me know,

Higgins

Well fellas, I broke down and ordered a Q t-shirt.

I figure wearing it will be a nice gesture when I show up to get my ass handed to me.

Think it'll show up before Kevin does?

Well fellas, I broke down and ordered a Q t-shirt.

I figure wearing it will be a nice gesture when I show up to get my ass handed to me.

Think it'll show up before Kevin does?

Don't start doubting yourself now? Bet was placed on the misconception that Kevin can't read or interrupt the word "Squelching" (squash)recoil, meaning deal with or manage recoil.

I think Koshkin volunteered to take your place.

I would take Kevin's bet any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Anyone who would take the bet would be at a disadvantage from the word go. Who has access to the rifle, Kevin. Who has trigger time, Kevin. Who know what velocity of whatever grain bullet leaves the barrel at various temps, Kevin or you would hope so? More likely his engineers, since he's the world's best marketer and has a TEAM!

Why did you choose a 1000yards. So many variables?

Why not a 100y group of 5/10/20?

I'm just talking a little trash. I'm not kidding about how I'd take his bet as well! Kevin PM me.

I could bring my Barrett MRAD or TIka CTR shot factory 6.5 ammo in any flavor and be competitive. That's the beauty of 6.5 factory ammo. It's hard to reload better(lower S.D.) than the factory loadings, Even American Eage 140 OTM's are supposed to be shooting 1/2 MOA. Kevin's stat. that 90% of all shooters use factory ammo is fact, where is that fact from?

If you call asking questions Trolling, then ya, I'm trolling.

Last edited:
Kevin Brittingham (if in fact that is your real name),

You said to let you know.

I'm letting you know.

If you've given your limit to the NRA for the year, we can do Cal Guns.

Wife won't let you call the dog "Dai"? "Higgins" is pretty cool too. Although "Jeff" might fit in well on your Instagram feed.

10 shots. 10" square. 1,000 yards. Most hits wins. Prone. No spotters.

Let me know,

Higgins

Let me know when you can travel.

First of the year is probably the soonest, but early December might work too.

The whole thread turned a bit silly because of a couple of guys not interested in the rifle due to it not meeting their specific requirements. On the bright side we got some more info about the rifle, future plans and current production challenges, so not a total waste.

The whole thread turned a bit silly because of a couple of guys not interested in the rifle due to it not meeting their specific requirements. On the bright side we got some more info about the rifle, future plans and current production challenges, so not a total waste.

It is a shame. I really would like to know about the rifle lonestarboars had and why it was giving him light strikes with #34 primers.

Agreed. Also, some "real world" reviews from the few people that got the rifles. Hopefully this will be remedied as more people receive their rifles. It sounds like a few more rifles have been shipped out.

All I want to see is the rifle be available for purchase. Any of its handicaps can be worked around. I've dealt with waiting in the past for Kel-tec(PMR,CMR,(Own)), Desert-tech(MDR)Flop)) and now The FIX?????

What happens while waiting for magical guns, I go out and buy other guns. I may or may not buy a FIX?

The gun has to be available, Period.

I apologize if this has been asked before, as I haven't read every single page of this thread - but any chance this will be offered in left hand configuration? I didn't see anything on your website. Thanks. Will also be curious to see what kind of accuracy people are getting once these start shipping.

I apologize if this has been asked before, as I haven't read every single page of this thread - but any chance this will be offered in left hand configuration? I didn't see anything on your website. Thanks. Will also be curious to see what kind of accuracy people are getting once these start shipping.

First post page 13, late next year.

LMAO, Man, those guys are funny - in the movie!!!!

It'd be cool if this shootoff ever happens! Haven't seen one go to term yet though.

I love that movie, but my girlfriend thinks I am a idiot every time I watch it I am laughing my ass off. Glad someone got a little humor out of it....lol Now we can go back to our regularly scheduled dick measuring contest.....lol

Thanks accurate_okie. Will give me some time to see some range reports and to save up some money.

Also, if there is a shoot off I live in Mass., so maybe I can hop in my car and spectate. Hell, maybe I'll bring my Sig SSG3000 and shoot along with you guys. If you can out shoot me with the Fix, I'll put an order in on the spot. If I out shoot you I get a free rifle too. :) Kind of a heads I win, tails I win proposition. :)

Hey guys, found this thread the other day and it looks like it got pretty entertaining LOL. Figured I'd be the first to post some pics/gifs/comments. Here is a link to a pretty big imgur album I put together. Bunch of pics + 2 gifs of bolt/trigger operation. Added some little captions at the bottom of each pic.

https://imgur.com/a/NNLbD

Specs

Q Fix #27 (Trash Panda with matching serial is in jail)

Swarovski Z8i 2.3-18x56 w/ BRX reticle and BTF turret

Nightforce Unimount - Xtreme Duty Ultralight - 1.375"

Atlas PSR BT46-LW17 w/ ADM mount

Silencerco Omega (temporary until I get my TP)

2 Barrels - Proof Research 24" in 6.5CM (pictured) and Bartlein 16" in 308

Lengths (all with Proof barrel, will take them with the 308 barrel later. You can also just subtract 8" lol)

Overall with Omega - 49.5"

Overall without Omega - 44.5"

Folded Stock with Omega - 39.5

Folded Stock without Omega - 34.5"

Weights

Rifle only w/ Bartlein 16" 308 barrel - 6.85lbs

Rifle only w/ 24" 6.5CM barrel - 7.6lbs

(All with Proof barrel, will take weights with 308 later)

Rifle + Scope - 9.2lbs

Rifle + Scope + Bipod - 10lbs

Rifle + Scope + Bipod + Omega - 11lbs

Thoughts

- This thing is amazing.
- Weighted and balanced extremely well
- Bolt is short, smooth, and fast
- Trigger is very smooth. Very clean first stage and with a crisp break
- Stock hinge is VERY smooth and strangely satisfying to open and close lmao. Once you learn the technique, it's cinch.
- D-Bag from Blue Force is very nice and well-constructed. Unfortunately, it will not fit the gun its 24" configuration with the SiCo brake. Guess I'll need to get a case cut for it.

I ordered the 16" 308 version from the factory and received it about a month and a half ago. The 24" Proof 6.5 barrel came in earlier this week. The 22" 6.5 Bartlein barrel was heavy, so I elected on the Bartlein 308 + Proof 6.5 barrels. The Proof barrel is only 0.75lbs heavier than the 16" 308, which is pretty impressive for 8 more inches of barrel. Stock hinge was a little stiff at first, but it gets much easier as you work it over and over.

I will add more info after I take it to the range. Been so busy with work + it took me a while to get scope & accessories in, so I haven't gotten around to shooting yet. It sure as shit passes the eyeball/fingerfuck tests, though. I'm expecting great things.

To everyone who is skeptical, try and find a dealer so that you can play with one. I'd be shocked if you walked away unimpressed. To those who preordered and are getting anxious - your patience will be rewarded. This is the coolest gun I've seen in quite some time.

Been looking at this rifle closely. I think this is one rifle I will have to have.

I mainly hunt and this rifle has so much going for it that I wish I had the funds to pre-order it.

This is year I took a Tikka t-3 chopped to 16.5” and put it back in its oem stock to save weight. Unfortunately I only have a YHM SS phantom (~34oz) to use on my 308 but the rig worked awesome.

The he point is the fix weighing in less, faster bolt manipulation, and easy adjustability to get different shooters behind it on the same day (we usually have multiple tags) would be sweet.

Kevin:

just a thought. With its modularity and short bolt throw have you considered a bull pup design built around this system?

This is action screams bull pup to me and if you could come in at the same price you would take a huge chunk of the market.

Either way way this is on the short list

On a separate note: do you guys ever do factory tours or anything like that? I come to New Hampshire occasionally for work, so I was thinking of dropping by some time.

ILya

I would like to know this as well. I live in Maine and would happily drive down to check the rifle out. I have been behind Accuracy International products for many years now and love my AT, it is just so damn good! I have yet to see a rifle that has made me think about going away from AI, especially the quick change barrel system they now have until I saw the Fix. I am waiting to see how they shake out in the real world, but may be selling my AT to get one. Might as well get a suppressor from Q while I am at it to complete the package, my 1 generation SAS can is ready for retirement.

Also any testing done on a small primer case? More specifically how about the 6.5X47L, if the Fix cycles the 6.5X47 and doesn't pierce primers I may have to jump on one now!

Hey guys, found this thread the other day and it looks like it got pretty entertaining LOL. Figured I'd be the first to post some pics/gifs/comments. Here is a link to a pretty big imgur album I put together. Bunch of pics + 2 gifs of bolt/trigger operation. Added some little captions at the bottom of each pic.

Specs

Lengths (all with Proof barrel, will take them with the 308 barrel later. You can also just subtract 8" lol)

Weights

Rifle + Scope - 9.2lbs

Thoughts

- This thing is amazing.
- Stock hinge is VERY smooth and strangely satisfying to open and close lmao. Once you learn the technique, it's cinch.
- D-Bag from Blue Force is very nice and well-constructed. Unfortunately, it will not fit the gun its 24" configuration with the SiCo brake. Guess I'll need to get a case cut for it.

I ordered the 16" 308 version from the factory and received it about a month and a half ago. The 24" Proof 6.5 barrel came in earlier this week. The 22" 6.5 Bartlein barrel was heavy, so I elected on the Bartlein 308 + Proof 6.5 barrels. The Proof barrel is only 0.75lbs heavier than the 16" 308, which is pretty impressive for 8 more inches of barrel. Stock hinge was a little stiff at first, but it gets much easier as you work it over and over.

I will add more info after I take it to the range. Been so busy with work + it took me a while to get scope & accessories in, so I haven't gotten around to shooting yet. It sure as shit passes the eyeball/fingerfuck tests, though. I'm expecting great things.

To everyone who is skeptical, try and find a dealer so that you can play with one. I'd be shocked if you walked away unimpressed. To those who preordered and are getting anxious - your patience will be rewarded. This is the coolest gun I've seen in quite some time.

Thank you for your overview. Please share your thoughts once you shoot it. One quick question, you said that 22” 6.5 bartlein barrel was too heavy, did you try the rifle with that barrel? According to Q, 6.5 22” configuration is supposed to be about 7lb, so about 1lb heavier than 16” 308. Just wondering if it feels much different than yours with proof barrel, since they should be about the same in weight.

I would like to know this as well. I live in Maine and would happily drive down to check the rifle out. I have been behind Accuracy International products for many years now and love my AT, it is just so damn good! I have yet to see a rifle that has made me think about going away from AI, especially the quick change barrel system they now have until I saw the Fix. I am waiting to see how they shake out in the real world, but may be selling my AT to get one. Might as well get a suppressor from Q while I am at it to complete the package, my 1 generation SAS can is ready for retirement.

I've been shooting with DesertTech since it first came out. This is the first time I felt like being unfaithful to it.

Yep, I have had the opportunity to shoot some DTA's and they are sweet! I really hope the Fix is what I think it can be, I would really like to have one in 6.5X47...

I am not dumping my AI for the rifle as I don't think it's a replacement for a HD precision rig, but I might entertain the idea of one for a hunting rifle. The Fix or maybe the MPR from Christensen Arms, both look promising.

Specs

Weights

Rifle + Scope - 9.2lbs

Thoughts

- This thing is amazing.

This little rifle these fellas put together looks to be pretty impressive.

A 6br The Fix would be offa the charts fun and would get me off my money if it had the mags to support it (and a color accent that wasn't super gay).

I got Ol' Betsy out of the closet yesterday and checked her ammo supply. 3.5 boxes of Core Lokts and 2 boxes of Hornady Whitetail, so I'm golden.

Getting her to 1,000 yards might take removing the front sight hood and a few beer cans to get her right, but I have faith, and Sportsmans has more Core Lokts.

Road trip on Tuesday so I'll give Kevin a buzz so as to get some of you vultures to quit circling my diggings.

New Hampshire?

Damn....

This little rifle these fellas put together looks to be pretty impressive.

A 6br The Fix would be offa the charts fun and would get me off my money if it had the mags to support it (and a color accent that wasn't super gay).

That's what I am saying, they need to offer the short light 6 & 6.5 mm calibers like the X47's and maybe the BR's (if they can get the fat little BR case to feed and eject correctly). I think the Fix in 6.5X47L would be about as perfect as a do-it-all rifle as ever been made.

Thank you for your overview. Please share your thoughts once you shoot it. One quick question, you said that 22” 6.5 bartlein barrel was too heavy, did you try the rifle with that barrel? According to Q, 6.5 22” configuration is supposed to be about 7lb, so about 1lb heavier than 16” 308. Just wondering if it feels much different than yours with proof barrel, since they should be about the same in weight.

It wasn't so much a case of "this is too heavy," but more along the lines of "If I'm going to run a heavier config, it may as well be a 24" Proof." Both configs feel very nice.

Thank you for the reply. It makes perfect sense, just wanted to know if the two configurations felt significantly different to you, as far as weight and balance are concerned. Sounds like 24" proof and 22" bartlein felt similar to you.

Thanks to carson123987 for all the pictures and info posted, one of the more informative post on this thread!

I wonder how long a wait for a 224 Valkyrie in a mini Fix? That would be a cool combo.

Now to figure out where to buy in the US and get one approved for import to Canada

Well, I changed my choice of the barrel to 20" 6.5 Creedmoor since I can get that one faster.
I've got a Tangent Theta TT315M in an Aadmount all ready waiting for it.
A few boxed of 6.5 Creedmoor ammo are on order
Dies are on order.

I am ready...

ILya

Anybody have a phone number for Q?

I sent an email about our little shindig and have heard nothing.

Looks like Kevin was lurking (on the 7th)to see if we were talking more smack. Maybe he went back to whipping his kids, who are assembling the rifles. Just kidding?

Try 1-800-The-FixQ or 1-800-Help-wanted we don't have parts or people to put enough rifles together? Or answer phones and return emails.

In the spirit of having a little fun at their expense. Am I'm the only one who is tired of big talk with very few rifles out in the public.

It was nice to see one owner chime in and show off his Unicorn.

At this point all I can do is laugh and type smack!

This reminds me of my other favorite gun company. Kel-Tec! Their advertising department loves to write checks, production can't cash. And they're suppose to be the 3rd largest gun manufacturer in the country. (Not joking here)

Whats the over/under on the Tuskan Raider rifle backorders being filled, versus the FLIR thermal monocle actually not being total fucking vaporware?

I think he'll be lucky to fill all of the orders by shot show. If he's lucky!

You wonder if he'll introduce some new widget and have the gaul to ask for money(pre-orders). So customers can bank roll his company, again.

Maybe he learned his lesson?

​​​​Kevin, can you let us know when the Fix will be available to purchase from an actual retailer?

probably missed it, but is LOP listed anywhere? adjustable range. didn't see on manufacture website in specs either.

thanks,

I ordered and prepaid back at Shot (late Jan) with a Trash Panda (through a dealer not direct with Q - at first i kicked myself as was going to cancel due to other $ needs, but dealer had a fee that i couldnt eat - glad now i didnt) - both showed up last Friday. Bolt is slick and fast, build quality excellent. SR25 mag feeds the ELDX143 very smoothly, doesnt seem to like the 130ARs handloads. Due to mag your macxCOAL is 2.790" (Max COAL for a ELDX was measured at 2.890 and the AR130 at 2.854. Trigger is crisp, ~ 3lb 6oz. But slick rifle - no rounds as took all the measurements and loading up for OCW.

The stock is rock solid - was worried prior to getting it - its rock solid lock up with no wobble. The grip (Magpul MOE) is too short fo rmy hands (large) so switching that out for a longer more vertical grip I had at home (Hogue G10 15 degree).

Slick how the bolt slides out ...

Overall - i have been very pleasantly surprised with the gun - looks like will be restricted to 140 gr secant bullets (maybe why the 6mm CM hasnt come out) - the 130ARs (loaded to 2.790) nose gets caught on the feed rail of the barrel, but the 143 ELDX feed very smoothly.

I bought some Hornady 140 BTHP factory loads (all the local store had) and they feed very smoothly as well.

Loaded up 20 ELDX to take out to range next weekend (tried to go this weekend but the range had an event and all stalls were full and the weather sucked too much for me to hang around).

But its rock solid ... beautiful little rifle. Will see how those ELDX like a 100 thou jump :) PS you can easily single feed rounds > 2.790 so i did load up my standard 130ARs that i shoot in my GAP tempest comp rifle ... so will have comparison.

Slapped my Nightforce NXS F1 3.5-15 in Spuhr QDP mounts on it - balanced out great. Will post pics next weekend ....

Last edited:
I ordered and prepaid back at Shot (late Jan) with a Trash Panda - both showed up last Friday. Bolt is slick and fast, build quality excellent. SR25 mag feeds the ELDX143 very smoothly, doesnt seem to like the 130ARs handloads. Due to mag your mac COAL is 2.790". Trigger is crisp, ~ 3lb 6oz. But slick rifle - no rounds as took all the measurements and loading up for OCW.

Sweet, let us know when you get some rounds downrange. I for one will be looking forward to an actual range report as opposed to all the useless bantering. All I want to know is how the damn thing handles and shoots.

Thanks for the update craigos, looking forward to a range report.

Nice to get some actual information on the rifle, the shit talking trolls will not be pleased.