• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Feedback welcome: understanding the ejection port is on the right side and the stock folds that way, is there a reason a left handed bolt module would not work? I get this is speculation and there are not many of these in the wild but I am throwing the question out nonetheless. I could see a bolt retrofit option similar to a Blaser R8. Anyone from Q on the Hide?

Next year. Late.

Swaps in 10 seconds, without tools. Bigger ones become available. Remington don't do that...

Do we have the option of getting the one we want factory installed? Any chance we can get it with the stock folding to the left? Or if the left-handed rifle comes with a left fold, maybe be able to swap those parts on a right-handed rifle?

Will the .223-based rifle be offered in 6.5 Grendel? That would be something I'd really be interested in. I don't remember hearing about a mini The Fix.

If I could have gotten this kind of info and a response 6-8 months ago, I would have been in on the pre-order.

Dave

Do we have the option of getting the one we want factory installed? Any chance we can get it with the stock folding to the left? Or if the left-handed rifle comes with a left fold, maybe be able to swap those parts on a right-handed rifle?

Will the .223-based rifle be offered in 6.5 Grendel? That would be something I'd really be interested in. I don't remember hearing about a mini The Fix.

If I could have gotten this kind of info and a response 6-8 months ago, I would have been in on the pre-order.

Dave

There is not an option of a different charging handle being delivered in your rifle. The charging handle options will be offered as accessories.

The stock will not be offered folding to the left.

The Mini Fix will be offered in 6.5 Grendel, or at least barrels and bolts will be offered.

Not yet. We aren't currently focused on it, honestly. It was designed to be able to cast, so we will cast it eventually, most likely. We will be open about it if/when it happens.

Thanks for weighing in and answering questions. Missed dates and delays happen but especially when money has already been put down communication goes a LONG way.

I didn't preorder but after some thinking I do have my name on one of the first few that a local dealer gets in.

Thanks for weighing in and answering questions. Missed dates and delays happen but especially when money has already been put down communication goes a LONG way.

I didn't preorder but after some thinking I do have my name on one of the first few that a local dealer gets in.

Thank! The rifle is truly incredible. It's ahead of everything everything else in bolt guns. Th Fix changes our industry.

Thanks for answering questions, Kevin.

I pre-ordered the 308 version and will order or pre-order the Grendel the moment it is available.

If you are ramping up production, it sounds like I should be seeing mine shortly. That will be an interesting rifle to review and a similarly interesting rifle to use for my scope reviews.

ILya

Honestly I just want a rough time frame so I know when I have to pay for the second barrel. If it is after Christmas, I have to decided what rifle I'm taking home since there is a 1300 yd range in Oklahoma now.

Jess not being there anymore explains the lack of communications from them so lets see if get an answer to the email I sent.

I am glad Kevin joined and answered some of the questions that I have, thanks Kevin.

No, the SR mag is the proper choice, for most everyone. AI mags are expensive, hard to find, the retention is not optimum, height control is difficult, feed lip variation, essentially loading long is squeaking a long action cartridge into a short action. You can single feed long cartridges on top of the SR mag. Most people aren't reloading 6.5CM.

Multi-mag is also a compromise. Bigger and heavier than needed. The Fix is 6 pounds, the RPR is 10 pounds, we aren't trying to do that.

What is the max load length for AI .223 mags?

I think the AR mag well is best option for the Mini Fix. Integral 300blk side folding 5 pound bolt gun seems super quiet and useful. #notretarded

Kevin, first I'd like to say, I appreciate you coming in here to answer questions, and defend your product. I may not agree with some of the answers and explanations, but it's more than a lot of companies will do, and that alone wins you a lot of respect (which I'm sure you're well aware of since this isn't your first rodeo).

I would argue that loading long is really just maximizing your platform. Especially as we keep seeing longer and longer bullets introduced, such as the 150gr SMK. Being able to load long allows one to take advantage of the incredibly high BC bullets, without loosing a ton of case volume for powder.

I do recognize that the ratio of people who own 6.5CM and people who load 6.5CM is tending to a decline; owed greatly to the reduced costs of quality match 6.5CM available these days. So the more typical shooter likely wouldn't take advantage of the ability to load long. I also recognize that your rifle is likely not being marketed to the consumers who would see this as an issue worth noting.

AI Mags are certainly expensive, and not available at any gun store- so also good points there; your targeted customer base Im sure appreciates this. That said, I wasn't aware of the problems related to the AI mags that you mention, aside from mag retention, where I do recognize that the tilt-in/flip lever isn't as user friendly as the AR style button / straight insert/drop.

As for the max OAL on the .223 AI mags- you may already know this, I'm not sure... but it's a point worth mentioning. .223 AI mags seem to have been discontinued. So that's a clear issue, though non-AI options are out there. But, back to the OAL issue, the plastic AI brand AICS mags will run 2.55". Nearly 0.3" beyond SAAMI Max OAL. Apparently, the MDT mags will do the same, and Accurate mags will as well, with a little Dremel work.

Maybe I'm out of touch, but in my mind, there is little, to no point in a bolt-action .223, if you're stuck limited to ammo you'd run in an AR. The big selling point for me on a bolt action .223 is (comparatively) inexpensive training, with a cartridge that still has considerable performance. But that performance is rather lacking when working within the restrictions of AR mag length.

Easy change barrel. 45 degree bolt throw, it's fast. Sear in the bolt body...provides the safest, crispest trigger ever. Modular. Common sense light weight, didn't have to resort to bullshit skeletonization or poor material selection. AR ergonomics. SR mags. etc.

Canadian dealer in the future for you? I would buy one today with the 16" 308 if you can get it across the border to my front door ;) What is the OAL when folded for the 16"?

Thanks for answering questions, Kevin.

I pre-ordered the 308 version and will order or pre-order the Grendel the moment it is available.

If you are ramping up production, it sounds like I should be seeing mine shortly. That will be an interesting rifle to review and a similarly interesting rifle to use for my scope reviews.

ILya

Awesome! Thanks for the support.

Honestly I just want a rough time frame so I know when I have to pay for the second barrel. If it is after Christmas, I have to decided what rifle I'm taking home since there is a 1300 yd range in Oklahoma now.

Jess not being there anymore explains the lack of communications from them so lets see if get an answer to the email I sent.

I am glad Kevin joined and answered some of the questions that I have, thanks Kevin.

Message me your info. I'll look into it and get back to you ASAP. Thanks for the support.

Kevin, first I'd like to say, I appreciate you coming in here to answer questions, and defend your product. I may not agree with some of the answers and explanations, but it's more than a lot of companies will do, and that alone wins you a lot of respect (which I'm sure you're well aware of since this isn't your first rodeo).

I would argue that loading long is really just maximizing your platform. Especially as we keep seeing longer and longer bullets introduced, such as the 150gr SMK. Being able to load long allows one to take advantage of the incredibly high BC bullets, without loosing a ton of case volume for powder.

I do recognize that the ratio of people who own 6.5CM and people who load 6.5CM is tending to a decline; owed greatly to the reduced costs of quality match 6.5CM available these days. So the more typical shooter likely wouldn't take advantage of the ability to load long. I also recognize that your rifle is likely not being marketed to the consumers who would see this as an issue worth noting.

AI Mags are certainly expensive, and not available at any gun store- so also good points there; your targeted customer base Im sure appreciates this. That said, I wasn't aware of the problems related to the AI mags that you mention, aside from mag retention, where I do recognize that the tilt-in/flip lever isn't as user friendly as the AR style button / straight insert/drop.

As for the max OAL on the .223 AI mags- you may already know this, I'm not sure... but it's a point worth mentioning. .223 AI mags seem to have been discontinued. So that's a clear issue, though non-AI options are out there. But, back to the OAL issue, the plastic AI brand AICS mags will run 2.55". Nearly 0.3" beyond SAAMI Max OAL. Apparently, the MDT mags will do the same, and Accurate mags will as well, with a little Dremel work.

Maybe I'm out of touch, but in my mind, there is little, to no point in a bolt-action .223, if you're stuck limited to ammo you'd run in an AR. The big selling point for me on a bolt action .223 is (comparatively) inexpensive training, with a cartridge that still has considerable performance. But that performance is rather lacking when working within the restrictions of AR mag length.

Thanks for the response and input. I appreciate it and don't disagree with a lot of what you stated.

We are trying to build the first real production precision rifle, in order to convert the masses. We are doing largely through innovation. It's been rewarding, but difficult. Caused us to miss June delivery.

I have no idea if the Mini Fix with out sell or under sell the The Fix 10:1. I look forward to seeing. The Mini Fix will be sweet in 300blk. I will likely use it in 6.5 Grendel or 224 Valkyrie for hunting beyond 200 yards.

We are passionate about innovation of small arms. We will see where it takes us.

Canadian dealer in the future for you? I would buy one today with the 16" 308 if you can get it across the border to my front door ;) What is the OAL when folded for the 16"?

Not currently. Maybe in a year or two.

29" folded.

Thanks for the interest!

Irunguns sounds like your best option.

Thanks, I have used Irunguns and Prophet River previously for many fine items and rifles, was interested in finding out if there is a Canadian Dealer for The Fix :)

Not currently. Maybe in a year or two.

29" folded.

Thanks for the interest!

Thanks so much for the update! Will look forward to to seeing more on this rifle soon! Cheers,

Last edited:
I don't care what you are, but if you have questions, rather than being a troll, ask now. Or describe all those rifles you've designed...either way.

So after a thread that is 13 pages long, why have you all of the sudden decided to answer questions for us now? Dave Tooley has been around for some time and I"m sure gave up on defending your product and has put his head down and gone back to work on your barrels and other customers. I'm sure you have known of this threads existence? This is where anyone comes for straight foreword answers. This site is mostly made up of straight shooters, without all the bullshit and trolls of Ar15.com or any other site.

When are we going to see a real review of your rifle?

Not some paid placement in a gun magazine for a positive review.

That will speak volumes more than your excuses!

People here are going to buy your rifle, shoot it, tell the world how it works or doesn't.

Why don't you save us a lot of time and let someone who isn't bias shoot the fix?

Last edited:
I don't think that I have see anyou kind of accuracy guarantee either

Accuracy?

I saw your post of the $100 bill group on Instagram or Shot show whatever. I want to see groups with a production gun, with factory ammo since, apparently no one rolls their own anymore.

Last edited:
Kevin is a big picture, marketing kind of guy. He has very smart engineers that do the hands on design work. I'm very fortunate to be associated with Q for the launch of the next generation of bolt gun design. It is a cool little rifle. .

Kevin,

Honest question?

Have you actually read this thread from the beginning?

No, the SR mag is the proper choice, for most everyone. AI mags are expensive, hard to find, the retention is not optimum, height control is difficult, feed lip variation, essentially loading long is squeaking a long action cartridge into a short action. You can single feed long cartridges on top of the SR mag. Most people aren't reloading 6.5CM.

Multi-mag is also a compromise. Bigger and heavier than needed. The Fix is 6 pounds, the RPR is 10 pounds, we aren't trying to do that.

What is the max load length for AI .223 mags?

I think the AR mag well is best option for the Mini Fix. Integral 300blk side folding 5 pound bolt gun seems super quiet and useful. #notretarded

AI mags are expensive? Says the guy with the $3,000 common mans rifle.

Hard to find? Try the internet. They have it on computers now.

Height control is difficult? For who? Geniuses?

Loading long is squeaking long action cartridges into a short action? No, it isn't about loading long any more than it is about long action cartridges.

Most people aren't reloading 6.5 Creedmoor? Are you kidding? You're kidding right? You haven't noticed the complete disappearance of H4350? 147 ELD's? 150 SMK's? Alpha Brass? Peterson Brass? Lapua Brass? Starline Brass? Sheeeit....

So after a thread that is 13 pages long, why have you all of the sudden decided to answer questions for us now? Dave Tooley has been around for some time and I"m sure gave up on defending your product and has put his head down and gone back to work on your barrels and other customers. I'm sure you have known of this threads existence? This is where anyone comes for straight foreword answers. This site is mostly made up of straight shooters, without all the bullshit and trolls of Ar15.com or any other site.

When are we going to see a real review of your rifle?

Not some paid placement in a gun magazine for a positive review.

That will speak volumes more than your excuses!

People here are going to buy your rifle, shoot it, tell the world how it works or doesn't.

Why don't you save us a lot of time and let someone who isn't bias shoot the fix?

I don't pay for marketing. Period.

Straight shooters???? Post your names.

There are no excuses. The rifle changes the industry. If you don't see it, I can't explain it.

Anyone can shoot The Fix. I don't owe you anything. If you are interested and like it, buy it. If you are not interested, don't buy it. I don't particular care about trolls, haters, or 100% of the market.

Reactions: NamibHunter
Accuracy?

I saw your post of the $100 bill group on Instagram or Shot show whatever. I want to see groups with a production gun, with factory ammo since, apparently no one rolls their own anymore.

Candance Horner shoot that group. Troll her.

AI mags are expensive? Says the guy with the $3,000 common mans rifle.

Hard to find? Try the internet. They have it on computers now.

Height control is difficult? For who? Geniuses?

Loading long is squeaking long action cartridges into a short action? No, it isn't about loading long any more than it is about long action cartridges.

Most people aren't reloading 6.5 Creedmoor? Are you kidding? You're kidding right? You haven't noticed the complete disappearance of H4350? 147 ELD's? 150 SMK's? Alpha Brass? Peterson Brass? Lapua Brass? Starline Brass? Sheeeit....

Yes, AI mags at $70, when you can find them, are way more expensive than SR mags.

Height control for rifles, not geniuses.

Yes, 90% of the market shoots factory 6.5CM. Fact.

Shoot much?

Yes. Do you?

I challenge you. Come and out shoot me. I'll pay your way. I'll give you The Fix rifle, optic, 5K rounds of ammo, donate $10,000 to your favorite charity, and name my next hunting dog after you, if you out shoot me.

I out shoot you, I simply post pics of you getting your ass handed to you, and post your real name.

Let me know.

Last edited:
Yeah, I shoot a bunch.

That's why I asked how your adjustable stock does at mitigating recoil, seeing as it has a half inch pad on a 6 lb rifle.

Your response was very telling as was the offer to spend big money to have a crack at me.

Troll Her? Why would I do that to a nice girl.

I'm asking the HNIC of Q

Production rifle? No...

More like a massaged prototype.

You don't owe me shit, I didn't prepay, with your word that the rifles would be ready in June.

Trolling doesn't make the best barrels in the world shoot shitty groups. Bartlein/Tooley barrels. What else is there to say? Is your point that we designed and engineered such an incredibly flawed design that a bolt gun, with those barrels, can't shoot consistent groups? I'll take your bet too.

Yeah, I shoot a bunch.

That's why I asked how your adjustable stock does at mitigating recoil, seeing as it has a half inch pad on a 6 lb rifle.

Your response was very telling as was the offer to spend big money to have a crack at me.

Sorry, I didn't read it as "...does your stock mitigate recoil?". The muzzle device mitigates recoil, as it should. The stock correctly adjusts to fit the shooter. We will be offering thicker, larger recoil pads, as an accessory, for short mag and those of us that are recoil sensitive.

110 pound Candance Horner shot a .5" 5 shot group with Gold Medal Match, the first time she ever touched the gun. 6 pound rifle.

One question I do have... Lonestarboars put up a video shooting one and he was having some failure to ignite/light primer strikes that he attributed to using harder cci#34 primers. Was that rifle a fluke or have any changes been made?

I'd like to see Lowlight do a review of this rifle. It's very interesting for sure. Any way to get one to Frank for an unbiased review? I think all of us appreciate his honesty and straight forward reviews.

So let me get this straight, the owner of the company actually puts his money where his mouth is and you turn him down and keep bitching?

Kevin says his product is the greatest thing since the conception of the bolt action and is willing to make an attempt at making you a believer. I thought this is what we all want manufacturers to do.

Even if you don't like the rifle, you could come back and explain the pros and cons about it and give us a biased review and comparison, to whatever you shoot, of someone who already doesn't like it.

I am personally willing to give it a shot, hence why I bought it with both barrels. When I receive mine, I will shoot it for a while and go out to CMP so I can see what it will do out to 600 yds, Its the best I can do where I live, and see if I can post the electronic target on here. Then I will give my honest opinion about it.

I'm not in the business of knocking a product before I finger bang it.

Now the companies communications is a different story but that has apparently been fixed.

Reactions: Lukewarm
Yes. Do you?

I challenge you. Come and out shoot me. I'll pay your way. I'll give you The Fix rifle, optic, 5K rounds of ammo, donate $10,000 to your favorite charity, and name my next hunting dog after you, if you out shoot me.

I out shoot you, I simply post pics of you getting your ass handed to you, and post your real name.

Let me know.

Well, a fair bit has happened since I posted in this thread yesterday...

Does the offer extend to anyone else? I am not a great shot, but I see no downside in this since I post under my real name anyway and I could always use another Fix, perhaps in a different caliber. I am, however, OK with you not naming your next hunting dog after me. My name does not exactly roll off the tongue :)

On a separate note: do you guys ever do factory tours or anything like that? I come to New Hampshire occasionally for work, so I was thinking of dropping by some time.

ILya

I wish we’d stop eating our own. Kevin makes great stuff, I wish I could afford it right now (Kev, how about a Wyoming antelope/mulie hunt on private land in trade?).

Troll Her? Why would I do that to a nice girl.

I'm asking the HNIC of Q

Production rifle? No...

More like a massaged prototype.

You don't owe me shit, I didn't prepay, with your word that the rifles would be ready in June.

Jesus Christ, do you have any reason to say it was a “massaged prototype” or are you just making that up sans evidence. Honest question, I’ll eat crow if you have any evidence.

Accuracy?

I think that you have me confused with someone else

I've personally handled a few of these guns. I dry fired them. Slammed the butpad hard against the concrete carpeted floor to see if the trigger held. And what an amazing trigger it is. I dry fired them for the better part of 15mins. I played with the bolt manipulation until I had it down. I pulled and prodded the cheek and buttpad adjustment to see how solid they were. I played slappy with the folding hinge to see how it held. All in real life. And they werent massaged or worked over as near as I could tell.

Go back through this thread. I said months ago that if you could actually get your hands on one you would be king of town. I got home and immediately sold two Blasers R8's and all their barrels and mounts, 5 custom remington 700's, 2 stripped remington 700 actions, allmost every single 700 trigger stock or part, and a few other rifles. Because after playing with The Fix they were obsoleted instantly.

Ive got some more parts that are off to gunbroker next rainy week I get. Please nonbelievers go buy them.

I canceled my preorder because I dont like waiting. Will have one of the first rifles Cabela's gets once they get them. Just waiting now.

And before any of you start. Kevin and I are not buddies. He threatened to sue me when he was at AAC--when he was suing everybody who crossed him. So we arent Bro's by any stretch. But his rifle really is The Fix for a lot of little problems that many of you either havent realized yet or dont notice because you dont use your gear. Either way. I cant wait to get mine. And thats coming from someone who will likely is still on the CEO's shit list.

Reactions: Bender
I've personally handled a few of these guns. I dry fired them. Slammed the butpad hard against the concrete carpeted floor to see if the trigger held. And what an amazing trigger it is. I dry fired them for the better part of 15mins. I played with the bolt manipulation until I had it down. I pulled and prodded the cheek and buttpad adjustment to see how solid they were. I played slappy with the folding hinge to see how it held. All in real life. And they werent massaged or worked over as near as I could tell.

Go back through this thread. I said months ago that if you could actually get your hands on one you would be king of town. I got home and immediately sold two Blasers R8's and all their barrels and mounts, 5 custom remington 700's, 2 stripped remington 700 actions, allmost every single 700 trigger stock or part, and a few other rifles. Because after playing with The Fix they were obsoleted instantly.

Ive got some more parts that are off to gunbroker next rainy week I get. Please nonbelievers go buy them.

I canceled my preorder because I dont like waiting. Will have one of the first rifles Cabela's gets once they get them. Just waiting now.

And before any of you start. Kevin and I are not buddies. He threatened to sue me when he was at AAC--when he was suing everybody who crossed him. So we arent Bro's by any stretch. But his rifle really is The Fix for a lot of little problems that many of you either havent realized yet or dont notice because you dont use your gear. Either way. I cant wait to get mine. And thats coming from someone who will likely is still on the CEO's shit list.

I played with one at the Eotech and Brownells booth at the NRA show and I liked it. One thing I noticed was that recoil pad isn't going to work with WSM at all. So if that ever happens I will be getting a recoil pad for it so I can shoot WSM.

Yes. Do you?

Let me know.

You know, I was thinking about this today.

NRA considered a charity?

Shoot for groups on distant steel?

What kinda dog?

Sincerely,

Jeff Higgins

How about 10 rounds each on a 10" square plate at 1,000 yards?

I think "Dai" would be a cool name for a dog.

Is this rifle too light for PRS? Thoughts?
I actually have a 22” 6.5cm on order from my dealer to use in a guardian match in April (assuming it gets here). I have little PRS experience, so take what I say as such, but I think the only area low weight will hurt is in recoil, spotting your shots, but I think I good brake will make this mostly negligible.

I see the lower weight as a plus when it comes to moving around and some unsupported positions, as well as just less fatigue in general.

the only concerns I have with the Fix for PRS is the holes all around the cherry bomb muzzle device kicking up lots of dust, and the barrel profile holding up to longer strings. As long as the barrel is stress relieved I’m hoping it won’t be a big deal, but we’ll see.

just for reference, the 22” Fix with an ATACR 4-16 f1 in NF Mount and Atlas PSR is ~10.7lbs, where the same scope and bipod on a Bergara HMR in a Cadex lite strike (my backup build if the Fix doesn’t get out quick enough) is ~14.7lbs, so the Fix is saving you ~4lb over a conventional bolt gun in a chassis.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of these. I too am waiting on Cabela's to get their shipments.

I do wish that THE FIX came in 6mm Creedmoor though. I don't mind 6.5 Creedmoor, but would rather have the 6mm. Any prospects on coming out with one in that caliber?