• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Of course look what shows up today in all it's beauty.. Eagle Eye Ammo guys do it right! Too bad they won't feed!!! 140 Berger Hybrid Target..

:mad::mad::mad::cry::cry::cry:
Have you thought about getting a d&h or some other cheaper steel mag and tweaking the feed lips to see if you can get it to feed reliably?

Obviously I don’t like that as a long term solution but it might work for the short go.

I thought about doing it with my Kac mags initially but decided against because I have other guns that use those also and didn’t want to have to segregate mags.

Reactions: Gotlag1789
Have you thought about getting a d&h or some other cheaper steel mag and tweaking the feed lips to see if you can get it to feed reliably?

Obviously I don’t like that as a long term solution but it might work for the short go.

I thought about doing it with my Kac mags initially but decided against because I have other guns that use those also and didn’t want to have to segregate mags.
Nah I haven't.. I run Lancer and Pmags in it. It's more of a feed ramp issue on the barrel extension than a mag issue in combination with a very small chamfer on the barrel chamber face. I'm going to send mine and my buddy's to Supesubes and let him do his magic on the chamfer until Q re-tools a 6.5CM specific barrel extension.

Reactions: pinkhair
Nah I haven't.. I run Lancer and Pmags in it. It's more of a feed ramp issue on the barrel extension than a mag issue in combination with a very small chamfer on the barrel chamber face. I'm going to send mine and my buddy's to Supesubes and let him do his magic on the chamfer until Q re-tools a 6.5CM specific barrel extension.

yep I am not going to deal or be a Guinea pig for a $3k rifle that can’t feed big box store ammunition. I understand when a semi-auto can be finicky with ammo bc of the gas system, but not for a bolt action. I wouldn’t have bought it if I knew it wouldn’t load the rounds most available to me, which are Hornady, Sig, Sierra and Berger, these aren’t niche specialty rounds.

Reactions: Chaddy-P
If you open up the front of the feed lips it could give the round a straighter run at the chamber.
yep I am not going to deal or be a Guinea pig for a $3k rifle that can’t feed big box store ammunition. I understand when a semi-auto can be finicky with ammo bc of the gas system, but not for a bolt action. I wouldn’t have bought it if I knew it wouldn’t load the rounds most available to me, which are Hornady, Sig, Sierra and Berger, these aren’t niche specialty rounds.
I’m not necessarily defending Q but have you ever noticed how many people with high end bolt guns with acis/Aw type mags have to tweak on them to get them to feed also?

If you open up the front of the feed lips it could give the round a straighter run at the chamber.

I’m not necessarily defending Q but have you ever noticed how many people with high end bolt guns with acis/Aw type mags have to tweak on them to get them to feed also?
To be honest I haven’t noticed it but this was my first high end bolt gun purchase and I’m not much of a forum person.

What is AW type mag? The Fix runs an ar10 mag. Maybe that’s an issue. I don’t know.

Q replied back to me this morning about if the new 6.5CM specific barrel extension they are working on. See below my email and their reply.

No, it will not cost you. It is part of the warranty.
At this time, the engineers do not have time frame for when it will be ready.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022, at 08:15 PM, Chad Parker wrote:

Good afternoon,

Is this 6.5CM extension that’s coming out going to be a cost to me or is it going to be a warranty replacement item?

What is the timeframe you are thinking for release? I have over 100 rounds of Berger and Eagle Eye Precision factory ammo in the 140 Berger that’s causing the problem. I will be glad to ship you some rounds to expedite the process.

Just let me know.

To bend or not to bend the kac mags 😬

• Haha
Reactions: Chaddy-P
Can't wait to get this baby feeding this Eagle Eye Precision Ammo.. 140 Berger Hybrid Target.. I let that 5th shot get in my head and ruined a perfect group. WOW. 22" B/T cut down to 16.5". Stacking!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220128-130910.png
    Screenshot_20220128-130910.png
    131 KB · Views: 64
  • PXL_20220127_172521899.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220127_172521899.MP.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Just an update. Q is sending me a refund check. No questions asked. Though Inhad not fired a round through it.

I’m going to build a light weight rifle 6.5 to fill the role this was going to don.
That’s cool though. Sorry you never got it out hunting man.

What are you thinking of building?

I emailed Q about the factory Berger 140 Hybrid Target Ammo feed issues hitting the face of the barrel on the flat surface before the Chamfer and hanging.. Here is their reply for you guys to read. I also offered to send them some of the problem ammo out of my own supply to expedite the process of the new barrel extension being produced. :cool::cool:

Currently, the fix has difficulty feeding the newer bullets that are becoming popular in the market (130gr and 140gr Bergers are an example). When the fix was released, these bullets did not exist. The barrel extension was designed to be a multi-caliber extension that would feed both 6.5Creedmoor and .308 Win. With the growing popularity in the longer skinnier tipped bullets, we are going away from the universal extension, and are currently in the works on a 6.5CM specific extension that solves these problems. Unfortunately with the ammo shortage, we cannot get sufficient ammo to properly test the new extension before releasing it. It is in the works though and will be coming out shortly.
The bullet length, as well as, the the lower shoulder is what we were discussing previously as the problem to this since it was really designed for tipped Hornady's and 308's. This has me curious if this new extension will work for 6CM with 105 Berger's since they hot the chamfer and deform the tip. I doubt that Q could answer that since they don't have any ammo to test extensions.

Anyone have a ckye pod on a 16er? Does it look ridiculous lol? Not that I really care, but I’ve got an idaho bear trip and it sucked with the atlas last year 😂 had to hump the tripod around.

Anyone have a ckye pod on a 16er? Does it look ridiculous lol? Not that I really care, but I’ve got an idaho bear trip and it sucked with the atlas last year 😂 had to hump the tripod around.
if you didn’t like the atlas for that reason the ckye is worse. both killer bipods but not great for lugging around.

ran mammoth with the fix with the ckye and won’t do it again lol..

q needs to release theirs!

if you didn’t like the atlas for that reason the ckye is worse. both killer bipods but not great for lugging around.

ran mammoth with the fix with the ckye and won’t do it again lol..

q needs to release theirs!
No, I just want to get up off the ground further. A few times last year I had to modify my shooting position with a bag and/or tripod, which is totally fine. I can manage, but the mdt would be sweet to get way up out of the way.

How was mammoth with the fix?! 6.5? Got a pic of it with the mdt?

Mine with a 22” bartlein, Spuhr 4602, nx8 2.5-20, mid height raptar mount and raptar, direct mount psr, nomad-ti with cherry bomb and ti adapter is 12lb 4oz if I remember right. I don’t recall if that was with the sling and loaded 10rd kac mag or not.

Reactions: PowPowHawg
So apparently light strikes can be an issue with the full size fix also now. As per past experiences Kevin showed up in the post crying about “machine gun primers” and striker fired guns that a cheap Remington or savage has no issue digesting and I assume posts or the whole thread disappeared.

Like the 6.5 feeding issues (that now YEARS later they finally admitted to) it’s not so much that they have growing pains that’s the problem. It’s the arrogant, condescending attitude that obviously you’re doing something wrong and our product is perfect.

Making a bolt gun that goes bang when you pull the trigger. Unpossible apparently.

Attachments

• 72546641-7203-40DE-A8CE-F8785ACDD46E.jpeg
    72546641-7203-40DE-A8CE-F8785ACDD46E.jpeg
    640.6 KB · Views: 165
I'm looing for a rear bag rider that would fit well with the skinny profile of the stock, something similar to the MPA but preferably on that doesn't weigh a pound. Is there a nylon or any other lightweight option out there? I would just print one but my 3d modeling skills suck at best.

I'm looing for a rear bag rider that would fit well with the skinny profile of the stock, something similar to the MPA but preferably on that doesn't weigh a pound. Is there a nylon or any other lightweight option out there? I would just print one but my 3d modeling skills suck at best.

I’m working on a design right now but for the time being, I use the Fix stock picatinny rail and a picatinny light bar from trex arms.

No and I suppose you could. I prefer to have it longer so that’s what I had done.
I have some of those gift rounded troy rail covers that would probably lock into the tiny rail section for the rear but that would look stupid as all get out. I also have a bunch of delron rods that i could probably cut one out of and it would pretty slick and i could play with the length and how it folds. Hmm, got me thinking now.

Not that anyone gives AF….but I took mine to the range for the first time since confirming zero last fall prior to deer season. I’d forgotten how fun it is to just shoot this rifle. Fix .308, Leupold VX-6, and Thunder Chicken……my only complaint is after 5-6 rounds I start getting creep…to the right .5 or so MOA@100 yards with my Nosler Accubonds.

Reactions: Sjc141
I’m working on a design right now but for the time being, I use the Fix stock picatinny rail and a picatinny light bar from trex arms.
I finally made the time to finish my design and 3d print a couple for testing. Decently strong and returns to form. The tested (left) vs the brand new (right) we’re identical even after holding 20 lbs.
E585EA3B-8AA4-4944-A023-77A2F3601751.jpeg

Attachments

• 77FD1DAC-5BE4-49C7-B3AF-809EEEDE1BB3.jpeg
    77FD1DAC-5BE4-49C7-B3AF-809EEEDE1BB3.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 81
  • F8045053-D66F-4E43-8D0D-7DFC47C437E7.jpeg
    F8045053-D66F-4E43-8D0D-7DFC47C437E7.jpeg
    517.6 KB · Views: 92
I finally made the time to finish my design and 3d print a couple for testing. Decently strong and returns to form. The tested (left) vs the brand new (right) we’re identical even after holding 20 lbs.
I've never really messed with bag riders before but would the flat bottom be ideal over a rounded bottom?

Haven’t been on the forum in a while, but I came into contact with a guy on Instagram that 3D printed this one.. it’s awesome. Sorry not a great pic. But, I can try and find his info.

Side note - has anyone used the mp10 (s/w) metal mags? The kacs are okay, but I’d still say the lancers work the best.

Attachments

• 76404E44-BDFA-4C02-8EC7-8B16B3F79EF7.jpeg
    76404E44-BDFA-4C02-8EC7-8B16B3F79EF7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 195
I've never really messed with bag riders before but would the flat bottom be ideal over a rounded bottom?
From what I’ve tested, it’s not really the shape as much as it is the width and rear bag density. I use an Armageddon Gear Squishy rear bag and it’s been great. Shot the majority of the small bore winter season with a Vudoo in a chassis with The Fix stock.

From what I’ve tested, it’s not really the shape as much as it is the width and rear bag density. I use an Armageddon Gear Squishy rear bag and it’s been great. Shot the majority of the small bore winter season with a Vudoo in a chassis with The Fix stock.
2" Delrin rod is cheap enough to try whittling different shapes and turning down the diameter. Maybe even try grip tape or whatever.

2" Delrin rod is cheap enough to try whittling different shapes and turning down the diameter. Maybe even try grip tape or whatever.
I like the idea, perhaps if I really get into manufacturing, I’d get a smaller CNC end mill for something like that.

I like the idea, perhaps if I really get into manufacturing, I’d get a smaller CNC end mill for something like that.
That would be the easiest way to cut the groove in it deep enough for the stock to slide inside it since there is only bolt back there.

I’d be interested in one if it’s black? I just picked up a fix in 308 waiting for rings to come in. I’m definitely going to fit a limbsaver to that thin butt pad should be a pretty easy fix. Hopefully it’s a shooter!

I’d be interested in one if it’s black? I just picked up a fix in 308 waiting for rings to come in. I’m definitely going to fit a limbsaver to that thin butt pad should be a pretty easy fix. Hopefully it’s a shooter!
Just ordered some black filament for delivery tomorrow. I’ll send you a PM once I get it finished.

Reactions: huntnh