• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

I use a standard padded sling, but swap the swivels out to Magpul QD. And add the Qsert on the front rail of the rifle. If you go this route make sure to get a sling that does not have the swivels sewn in….needs to be a buckle type where you can remove and swap the swivels.

So I looks like Q has still not resolved the feeding issues with new guns?

Shame as it otherwise fits my needs.
I think it was released around 2016-17 & still no "fix" for the feeding issues. That begs the Question; can it be fixed?
I still don't see what I get from " The Fix" that I don't get from a Howa 1500 with a carbon fibre 20" Barrel that won't give me feeding issues ever &, costs 60% less &, only slightly heavier.
I love innovation & really appreciate tech improvements but, the bottom line for a bolt rifle is smooth, reliable feeding, extraction & ejection. Without that, the rifle is nothing more than a talking point for the fan boys.
I've owned Winchester CRF, push feed, Mausers, Mark X Mauser &, I've used Savage, Browning X bolt, Rem 700, Styer, Lithgow LA 102 &, no other rifle I've used or owned to date feeds & functions as reliably as my Howa's. At first, I resisted that fact because I just couldn't accept that a Jap designed & built rifle could possibly be superior in operation. I wrestled with this fact for a few years but, when I kept reaching for the Howa every time I opened the gun safe &, never ever had an issue round after round, mag after mag, hour after hour, time after time, I just had to accept the facts.
It seems to me that the "Fix" has turned out to be a "fuck up". Leave it on the shelf & get yourself a Howa. You'll be a lot happier.

Last edited:
The 6.5 is the only one that had any issues and that’s with the original bartlein/tooley barrel. The receiver geometry change cleared up all of it with ammo seated at about 2.82” or less. It still runs fine seated at 2.85 but it’s not as smooth. Now with a proof barrel which has ever so slightly more chamfer going into the chamber feeds everything fine. I believe some folks in here have touched up the original barrels and got them feeding just like the proofs.

I think it was released around 2011 & still no "fix" for the feeding issues. That begs the Question; can it be fixed?
I still don't see what I get from " The Fix" that I don't get from a Howa 1500 with a carbon fibre 20" Barrel that won't give me feeding issues ever &, costs 60% less &, only slightly heavier.
I love innovation & really appreciate tech improvements but, the bottom line for a bolt rifle is smooth, reliable feeding, extraction & ejection. Without that, the rifle is nothing more than a talking point for the fan boys.
I've owned Winchester CRF, push feed, Mausers, Mark X Mauser &, I've used Savage, Browning X bolt, Rem 700, Styer, Lithgow LA 102 &, no other rifle I've used or owned to date feeds & functions as reliably as my Howa's. At first, I resisted that fact because I just couldn't accept that a Jap designed & built rifle could possibly be superior in operation. I wrestled with this fact for a few years but, when I kept reaching for the Howa every time I opened the gun safe &, never ever had an issue round after round, mag after mag, hour after hour, time after time, I just had to accept the facts.
It seems to me that the "Fix" has turned out to be a "fuck up". Leave it on the shelf & get yourself a Howa. You'll be a lot happier.
Lmfao 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

The 6.5 is the only one that had any issues and that’s with the original bartlein/tooley barrel. The receiver geometry change cleared up all of it with ammo seated at about 2.82” or less. It still runs fine seated at 2.85 but it’s not as smooth. Now with a proof barrel which has ever so slightly more chamfer going into the chamber feeds everything fine. I believe some folks in here have touched up the original barrels and got them feeding just like the proofs.
Well that good to hear. I hope it's as thorough a fix as you say.
I was looking very seriously at a Blaser when they 1st released many years ago then, at an R8. After googling "Blaser R8 problems" & other similar key words, it didn't take me long to drop that idea either. Although not in any way horrible, the R8's have their issues & not all to do with mechanical reliability, even though for the most part they perform well however, when the price is taken into consideration & warranty issues with the company, that price is very difficult to justify. For the kind of money both Q & Blaser demand from their products, I absolutely expect that their products should perform at least as well as my Howa's &, by many accounts they don't & that's a fact.

So I looks like Q has still not resolved the feeding issues with new guns?

Shame as it otherwise fits my needs.
It's not really an issue... Depending on which caliber and what you expect to run in it. It's just a piss poor design for vld designs

The 6.5 is the only one that had any issues and that’s with the original bartlein/tooley barrel.
I don't have the older tooley barrel, and I have the issue.
Your pictures from your rifle also showed the same incorrect feeding into the chamfer vs chamber didn't it?
The receiver geometry change cleared up all of it with ammo seated at about 2.82” or less.
No it didn't
The root of the issue is the bullet point of a 6.5 or smaller bullet with a vld design ride so low when coming up to the chamber that they depend on a chamfer to knock them over into the chamber. That's just piss poor design
It still runs fine seated at 2.85 but it’s not as smooth.
I haven't seen proper feeding from any length in a vld design bullet
Now with a proof barrel which has ever so slightly more chamfer going into the chamber feeds everything fine.
Depends on your definition of "feeds everything fine" I guess... Feeding off a chamfer vs actually feeding into the chamber is not feeding fine to me

When it comes to pointy bullets smaller that .30 yes

Nobody but you will ever say this though...
Well I suppose the word "Happier" needs to be defined.
If "Happier" to you means the latest technology, latest innovation, M16 style grip, Aluminium & Titanium construction, 45 deg bolt lift (stiff as hell & rough as guts) &, performs admirably as a constant show & talking piece, that would be it then.
Happier to me is smooth flawless function, 1moa or better, excellent rugged proven action & barrel coating, a reasonable amount of after market acceptance, arguably the best reliability of any bolt action rifle in the world ( production or custom), excellent warranty & parts availability ( if needed but, you never do).
Happier is really about priorities. If you're like me & put the highest priority on the reliability, functionality & accuracy of a rifle, Howa can't be beat. If your priority is everything but that, The Fix is the rifle for you.
You know the old saying about a fool & his money.

I love mine as well. however I had feeding problems so I sent it back to Q they said they fixed it. When I got it back I still had feeding problems I contacted Q again and was told the rifle is not designed to feed open tip bullets and it will only feed tipped bullets, which stinks. Now I just run hornady eld rounds and I don’t have any problem. I do think for how much many the rifle cost it should be able to feed any thing.

Mine had issues feeding 6.5 creed. Sent it back and now it feeds anything I try. Love the contraption.
You state this as though having to send a rifle back from new, to correct feeding issues is perfectly normal & acceptable.
It isn't.

You state this as though having to send a rifle back from new, to correct feeding issues is perfectly normal & acceptable.
It isn't.
Simply stated as a fact. Bummer to have to send it back. Works perfectly now and one of my favorite rifles after the update. Mistakes happen and how they are dealt with means a lot.

Simply stated as a fact. Bummer to have to send it back. Works perfectly now and one of my favourite rifles after the update. Mistakes happen and how they are dealt with means a lot.
That's definitely a fair point.
It does appear though that your experience was just one of many.
I just don't understand such acceptance with a rifle as expensive as The Fix.
If I had been in your position, I would have demanded my money back.
Anyhow, each to their own.

Shut your dumb mouth.

Do you personally own a Fix? How about the Blaser R8 you mentioned?

No one in this thread cares about your howa. Ive owned one. Fed fine. About as refined as a wooden sex doll.

I own 2 Fixes. Have owned more.

Ive also owned a few Blaser R8's.

Ive dealt with both Q and Blaser customer service. These brands have a cult following for a reason--which you would not understand.

Because your personal experience is what?

This forum is a place to learn and share your personal experiences with others so they can learn from them. Not random opinions based on no actual experience. Go start a Howa thread and share something meaningful.

Shut your dumb mouth.

Do you personally own a Fix? How about the Blaser R8 you mentioned?

No one cares about your howa. Ive owned one. Fed fine. About as refined as a wooden sex doll.

I own 2 Fixes. Have owned more.

Ive also owned a few Blaser R8's.

Ive dealt with both Q and Blaser customer service. These brands have a cult following for a reason--which you would not understand.

Because your personal experience is what?
After what I've read on this thread alone, not to mention others on the internet, I'm not stupid enough to buy what amounts to no more than flash, fancy con job.
All the best with your "FIXED" rifle.
Great honest name for it actually. Every rifle they sell to a sucker has to be sent back & fixed.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Youre a fucking idiot. And it shows. Not because you dont know what you're talking about.

But because instead of being here to learn from those that do know--you're running at the mouth like a child spouting off your imaginations as if they matter.
Well I know through all the accounts that every rifle has to be sent back to get it to feed properly.
There's not much else I need to know, to know not to buy one.
I'm a Howa fan boy. Not cause they're cheap, not cause they look sleek or fancy or have titanium in them but, because they work & work & work. Right out the box, perfect &, at a fraction of the cost.
You should go through & read some of the comments again & imagine you're considering it & you're a professional shooter like we have here. You wouldn't consider "The Fixed" in a fit.
I don't know what there is to like about that "dumpster fire" of a rifle. Must be the titanium.

Last edited:
I'm guessing this means you had good experience with Q customer service?

I'm about 2 months into waiting for the "engineer" to follow up on what the issue might be with mine other than piss poor design for the 6.5...

There was supposedly a geometry issue around the magwell that would exacerbated the problem though. Some are happy enough with the chamfer "feeding" system after fixing that issue it seems.

My personal solution was take the 6.5 barrel off and consider this a 308 only rifle from this point on... In that function I have no complaints about the fix or it's feeding as it seems to send everything into the chamber.
I'm guessing 6.5 is why sig went a different direction, and it's on my list to try this coming year.

I'm guessing this means you had good experience with Q customer service?

I'm about 2 months into waiting for the "engineer" to follow up on what the issue might be with mine other than piss poor design for the 6.5...

There was supposedly a geometry issue around the magwell that would exacerbated the problem though. Some are happy enough with the chamfer "feeding" system after fixing that issue it seems.

My personal solution was take the 6.5 barrel off and consider this a 308 only rifle from this point on... In that function I have no complaints about the fix or it's feeding as it seems to send everything into the chamber.
I'm guessing 6.5 is why sig went a different direction, and it's on my list to try this coming year.
I really do hope you are able to get the issue sorted. It seems like a PITA & real let down especially considering the price they're asking.
I know you're not taking sides, just telling your side of the story but, thanks for the truthful account.
It really does help prospective customers access to info they wouldn't otherwise get from most of the fan boys who seem to believe that loyalty trumps customer satisfaction & product integrity.

Well I know through all the accounts that every rifle has to be sent back to get it to feed properly.
There's not much else I need to know, to know not to buy one.
I'm a Howa fan boy. Not cause they're cheap, not cause they look sleek or fancy or have titanium in them but, because they work & work & work. Right out the box, perfect &, at a fraction of the cost.
You should go through & read some of the comments again & imagine you're considering it & you're a professional shooter like we have here. You wouldn't consider "The Fixed" in a fit.
I don't know what there is to like about that "dumpster fire" of a rifle. Must be the titanium.
I get that you dont like it, thats your call. You’ve read some shit on the internet, and formed an opinion. Great! But then you go so far as to try and refute owners who actually do like their rifles. That’s just stupid. Why are you here again?

C3BAED8A-4218-4993-ADA6-F102E5B7C73F.jpeg
Every couple of months we go in this cyclic bullshit with some random dude who doesn’t even own one, bitches about it. I partially believe it’s why this thread is as long as it is 😂 that’s cool though. Always gets me back into the thread on how much I like it 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll just leave it here as - I fucking love mine. I use it for literally everything. Q has bent over backwards for me to keep me a happy customer in a few different ways and it’ll keep me a Q customer for life. Call it me being a fan boy. I dunno.

Anyway. How about we talk about owning the rifle. Not piss and moan about **not*** even holding one.

Here’s a 10 round group after my proof 6.5 install. Huge shoutout to Bachelor for hooking me up, btw.

I get that you dont like it, thats your call. You’ve read some shit on the internet, and formed an opinion. Great! But then you go so far as to try and refute owners who actually do like their rifles. That’s just stupid. Why are you here again?
Whatever floats your boat buddy.
What is it now, 4 years on & still sending out rifles that don't feed for the premium they're asking.
They certainly aren't the only company that's "decided" to continue supplying their product with a known fault with no apparent change to address the problem. I don't have a problem with any product having issues like that initially because in reality, no manufacturer can foresee every possible combination & as a result, tweaking of products is probably the rule more than the exception. After 4 years & still supplying rifles to customers with the same known fault & presumably, no change, causes me to wonder about what they do think of their customers.
In fairness, it won't do for me to speculate concerning their motivation but, whatever the reason or motivation, it doesn't look confidence inspiring to me or indeed, to some others.
I get that you like the rifle & concept &, for the most part, there are a lot of very innovative ideas &, the manufacturing & finish seems to be excellent. I just don't believe that it's harsh to expect the issues to be sorted by now.

What is it now, 4 years on & still sending out rifles that don't feed for the premium they're asking.
They certainly aren't the only company that's "decided" to continue supplying their product with a known fault with no apparent change to address the problem. I don't have a problem with any product having issues like that initially because in reality, no manufacturer can foresee every possible combination & as a result, tweaking of products is probably the rule more than the exception. After 4 years & still supplying rifles to customers with the same known fault & presumably, no change, causes me to wonder about what they do think of their customers.
In fairness, it won't do for me to speculate concerning their motivation but, whatever the reason or motivation, it doesn't look confidence inspiring to me or indeed, to some others.
I get that you like the rifle & concept &, for the most part, there are a lot of very innovative ideas &, the manufacturing & finish seems to be excellent. I just don't believe that it's harsh to expect the issues to be sorted by now.
Why are you here in this thread? You have no first hand knowledge, and you have zero investment in the platform.
Go talk about your Howa somewhere else because frankly at this point you sound nothing more than cuntish.

You’ve given your opinion of the rifle several times now. You didn't answer my question though

Ive only ever gotten hung up with those chaos rounds from gorilla. That was with the Bart 22” barrel. I also dropped the coin and got two kac mags and those will hang up the first round. No idea what it is, but whatever I put through a kac mag, it gets stuck/rough ride going in. But that’s only what I’ve ever had issues with.

The new proof and have ran lancer/pmag with fort Scott 123 solids - no issues. Butter. Like in and out all day from loading/unloading during whitetail. It feeds great. Super smooth.

I run 140 eldm, 143 eldx, and 147 eldms all factory.

I have never had a feed issue - Magpul mags only. I run my bolt pretty hard though. I suspect if I was gentle it might be more of a thing for me.

My Fix has no feed issues and has been a absolute hammer both suppressed and unsuppressed.

I was so impressed with the Fix, I bought a honey badger for my truck.

And cut bonerstroker some slack - guy has a bad case of Q FOMO. Probably gets hopped up on a Whiteclaws, fires up his AOL account and gets wild.

I have three Fixes and one Honeybadger. No issues. Now that I read through the thread more carefully, it seems like that was with the 6.5 and mine are 308Win, 300Blk and 8.6Blk. My friend does have a very early Fix in 6.5CM with Tooley chambered Bartlein barrel and I do not recall him having any issues.

ILya

Reactions: Stoweit
6.5, no issues...early prime ammo, speer hot-cor handloads, some other random 6.5 stuff.
Hammer.

I have three Fixes and one Honeybadger. No issues. Now that I read through the thread more carefully, it seems like that was with the 6.5 and mine are 308Win, 300Blk and 8.6Blk. My friend does have a very early Fix in 6.5CM with Tooley chambered Bartlein barrel and I do not recall him having any issues.

ILya
Are we gonna just gloss over the fact that you just said you’ve got an 8.6? 😂🤔

Why are you here in this thread? You have no first hand knowledge, and you have zero investment in the platform.
Go talk about your Howa somewhere else because frankly at this point you sound nothing more than cuntish.
Everything's A ok then.
Fuckwits always think I'm a cunt, no exceptions.

Reactions: bachelorjack
I have a 16" 6.5 Creedmoor that I purchased in September and it has fed smoothly and as it should with everything I have shot out of it.
  • Hornady Match (140 and 147 ELD-M)
  • Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X
  • Barnes Vortex LRP 127
  • Nosler 142 ABLR Handloads
  • Hornady 143 ELD-X Handloads
  • Hornady ELD-M 140 and 147 Handloads
  • Nosler 129 ABLR Handloads
  • Hornady 130 ELD-M Handloads
Out of the box the bolt was not the smoothest. After lubricating it with CherryBalmz and cycling it, it is smooth as can be. Bolt lift I do not even notice, expected it to be heavy based on this thread, but I cannot really tell when cycling it. Feeding has been no issue no matter if I cycle it fast or slow.

Other than my CZ 527 Varmint in .17 Hornet, this is the first bolt gun I have spent time behind in years, as I have mainly been shooting my KAC SR-15 and H&K MR762A1. It has been a learning experience getting back into the precision game and getting used to shooting such a light rifle. I have had groups in the .6's with 5 shots but have been hampered on much load development and time behind the rifle due to the lack of components. I recently got an 8 pound jug of Winchester StaBALL 6.5, and tonight lucked across an 8 pound jug of H4350 so I should be able to do some good load development soon.

The bullet I have worked on for load development the most has been the Hornady 143 ELD-X. When I got my rifle I started load development with this bullet, Lapua SRP brass and the 1 pound of H4350 I had. I worked up seven 5 round batches working between 40.6 to 41.6 and had a good group at 40.8gr which yielded 2,487 FPS as measured on my LabRadar. This was 4 days before I went on a friends hunt with him, so I loaded the last 65 143 ELD-X bullets I had at 40.8 and went on the hunt with him.

When I got up to the area we were hunting in with him, we went by the range in my hometown for me to confirm zero on The Fix since I had a rough zero established with Hornady Precision Hunter factory ammo that I then went and just shot groups for load development. All I did was adjust the scope based on data from Ballistic-X. I shot 5 rounds based on that adjustment at 100 yards and they were right on. Went to the 8" plates at 407 yards (first time going past 100), used data from Applied Ballistics, and it was spot on. While checking zero my friend decided to check zero on his hunting rifle build and had 3 rounds out of 5 that would not chamber. Maybe it was something with the inclement weather and temperature, or a flaw in his reloading process (Which I gotta admit is way more fucking autistic than me with his Whidden dies and scale that goes to the ten thousandth and his neck bumping shit). He shot 3 rounds out of The Fix and asked if he could use it for the hunt, and I agreed.

I was a little worried on how the ELD-X would perform since it was only moving at 2,487 FPS, but my friend showed that I had nothing to worry about when he plugged his deer at 536 yards with that rifle. Impact was 2" forward of where he was aiming, but the ELD-X punched through the shoulder on the entrance side, through the opposite shoulder, and lodged under the pelt on the exit side. Bullet performed exactly as designed and the deer took 4 steps and flopped over. And now he will forever hold the fact that he killed something with my rifle before me, and further than I had shot the rifle with so far. What an absolute dick.

IMG_3394.jpg

Since then I have done some load development with the Winchester 6.5 StaBALL and got good results at 42.2gr with the 143 ELD-X seated at 2.810" yielding a velocity of 2,510 FPS. This is measured OAL and not off the ogive or anything since I am currently a savage in the aspect. I have test loads worked up with the StaBALL and the 130 ELD-M, 140 ELD-M, 147 ELD-M, Nosler 129 ABLR and Barnes 140 Match Burner. I had attempted to work up loads with these bullets using the last of the remaining pound of H-4350 I had, and had just chose ballpark loads and did not have good results, so now I will see how they work with the StaBALL and proper ladder tests. When the H-4350 gets here I will revisit the load development on these bullets as well. I recently upgraded from my $40 Lyman digital scale to an RCBS MatchMaster as well, so I should have much better consistency. I have not been out to shoot any new load development since working it up as I have been putting in lots of overtime at work due to OT and Holiday incentives.

Overall I am very pleased with The Fix. I wanted a light weight and handy rifle for hunting and hiking around in the hills, and it excels at these roles. The last 4 years I had been hunting with my H&K MR762A1, and to be straight to the point, humping a near 20 pound rifle around fucking sucks. The folding stock on The Fix is awesome for mobility, makes it easy to get in and out of the truck, and makes it easy to hike around with or to strap to a backpack. The trigger is great, bolt throw and feel is good, and I am very happy with the rifle.

As far as the negatives go, the stock buttpad sucks. Got the Big Butt and now the rifle is much more comfortable. I also got the Bottle Rocket to help with recoil, and while it is very efficient at reducing recoil, the ports are not timed and it just so happened that one of the 3 ended up at about the 7 O'clock position so I get dirt and debris thrown all over me. The Cherry Bomb on its own is not a good muzzle brake whatsoever, but all these issues will be solved in hopefully 7-8 more months since I bought a Jumbo Shrimp to put on it.

These are my thoughts and observations on this rifle so far. After the middle of January I will be able to get out to finish my load development and take the rifle out to further ranges and see what it can do. So far though I am very happy with the rifle. My friend who used it on his deer will more than likely be purchasing one as well, he liked the rifle that much.

EZ