• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

View attachment 8013802

To be fair, the haters, many of whom dont own one and have never handled one, can take quite a bit of credit for 98 pages worth of content.
To be Fair, I have owned two and my hunting friend also has one. All of them have had one problem or another, mostly feeding issues with the 6.5 cm but also issues where the bolt would become extremely hard to cycle.... one of them even had a grove worn out of the back of its receiver from the bolt being cycled probably due to poor tolerances. I have since sold mine off, friend still has his and it still has issues.

Yeah, there are "haters"...and for good reason. The examples I have used were complete shit.

I'm surprised at all the issues. I have two Fix's. One 16" 6.5 CM w/ Proof Barrel and one 18" 308 w/ Proof Barrel. I have shot only hand loads and I have had zero issues with either and zero malfunction of any kind. Last year I hunted exclusively with the CM and took 1. The biggest bodied Axis I have shot to date, 2. A doe at 150 yards, 3. A 10pt at 80 yards, 4. A 9pt at 410 yards and 5. A Coyote at 256 yards. These were all taken with the 123 SST running at a mild 2665fps. Yes, I know it was stretching it with the 9pt but the rifles are both so accurate I have confidence in them and that buck made it about 10 yards before crumpling up.

This year I have hunted exclusively with the 308 and so far a cull buck at 387 yards and several doe at various yards between three properties. All taken with 168 Nosler BT at a mild 2660fps.

I am probably not having an issues with the CM loading because of the 123SST but I do have it at max mag length.

Has anyone converted their 16” .308 factory rifle over to an 8.6? If so, which barrel length? Did you SBR? And any hiccups/issues, etc with bolt, mags, or anything else?

Has anyone converted their 16” .308 factory rifle over to an 8.6? If so, which barrel length? Did you SBR? And any hiccups/issues, etc with bolt, mags, or anything else?

I use an 8.6 Blackout Fix with a 16" barrel, although I also have a 7" one. No issues. I did not convert from 308, I just built a new one, but there is no difference between them other than the barrel assembly.

ILya

Reactions: Supersubes
I use an 8.6 Blackout Fix with a 16" barrel, although I also have a 7" one. No issues. I did not convert from 308, I just built a new one, but there is no difference between them other than the barrel assembly.

ILya
Thanks. I have had mine in the PX for sale as its use to me as a day scopes .308 has been very limited since I moved away from using it as a night rig with thermal. But the potential with the 8.6 has me rethinking keeping it. Although it seems like the short barrel is the Way…..but that will also cost me a new shorter rail as well as a tax stamp….for the sbr.

Thanks. I have had mine in the PX for sale as its use to me as a day scopes .308 has been very limited since I moved away from using it as a night rig with thermal. But the potential with the 8.6 has me rethinking keeping it. Although it seems like the short barrel is the Way…..but that will also cost me a new shorter rail as well as a tax stamp….for the sbr.

I don't want to SBR anything, so I'll stay with the 16" barrel.

ILya

Anyone here have the 22” proof steel barrel? Curious what profile it is compared to the shorty 16 carbons. Says heavy, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on a rifle haha.

Anyone here have the 22” proof steel barrel? Curious what profile it is compared to the shorty 16 carbons. Says heavy, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on a rifle haha.

I have one of them sitting here that I bought to have cut back, but decided to just run the factory barrel since it shoots so sell so I'm probably just going to sell it. It's basically a medium palma. The 6CM Proof CF I had on one of my previous fixes was basically just their Sendero light modified a pit at the breach end.

Reactions: Gotlag1789
I’ve got one for sale in the Buy - Sell forum. It’s a heavy barrel compared to the 16” Proof steel 308 barrel I have or the 18” Proof Carbon Creedmoor barrel on the gun now.

I would definitely use that barrel for Range work/training.

I’ve got one for sale in the Buy - Sell forum. It’s a heavy barrel compared to the 16” Proof steel 308 barrel I have or the 18” Proof Carbon Creedmoor barrel on the gun now.

I would definitely use that barrel for Range work/training.
Sorry, missed the Proof part, the one I have for sale is an original Q barrel.

I have one of them sitting here that I bought to have cut back, but decided to just run the factory barrel since it shoots so sell so I'm probably just going to sell it. It's basically a medium palma. The 6CM Proof CF I had on one of my previous fixes was basically just their Sendero light modified a pit at the breach end.
Thanks, I appreciate that!

I have been considering buying the mini fix rifle in 223. Anyone have some input or reviews they can share? I am also interested in buyng the 224 valkyrie bolt and barrel if anyone has them for sale.

Picked up my 6.5CM Fix a couple weeks ago, I’m not seeing any feeding issues with either PMags or the Lancer mags. I’m not experiencing heavy bolt lift either with factory ammo.

Quick question for those with the 6.5CM owners that reload: Any advice on large or small primer brass?

AD3B9C1B-A418-42D5-80E6-BB69743687EB.jpeg

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
Picked up my 6.5CM Fix a couple weeks ago, I’m not seeing any feeding issues with either PMags or the Lancer mags. I’m not experiencing heavy bolt lift either with factory ammo.

Quick question for those with the 6.5CM owners that reload: Any advice on large or small primer brass?

View attachment 8058280
@shark3-1 - I'm using both with mine.

Reactions: Scotch_egg
I ordered a MKM Precision grip for my mini fix. I’ve seen one on a fix that’s why I bought it but what do you do with the two springs going into the frame that the grip compresses? Ones for the safety and other for trigger?

I ordered a MKM Precision grip for my mini fix. I’ve seen one on a fix that’s why I bought it but what do you do with the two springs going into the frame that the grip compresses? Ones for the safety and other for trigger?

The safety spring drops into the pocket just like with any AR grip. The other spring that’s on an angle just gets pushed up when you mount the new grip.

The safety spring drops into the pocket just like with any AR grip. The other spring that’s on an angle just gets pushed up when you mount the new grip.
Ok I’ve never messed with AR grips and the reason it threw me off was I had a Ergo grip at the house that fit the frame but there was no pocket for safety spring but it came off of my FX air rifle. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Lumpy33
Well after reading 99 pages of this thread I have to say a few things.
1 the early fix rifles had feeding problems
It seems like they corrected that.
2 We have a bunch of whiney children on here
3 My rifle in 6.5cm feeds smk,barnes mb, 147,143,140elds all cycling slow or fast.
4 Yes these rifles are accurate. That's a 200yd group 147gr with H4350.

Attachments

• 20230306_175644.jpg
    20230306_175644.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 38

View attachment 8058280

I’ve been good with small primers in my Fix 6.5 creed proof barrel.

I really like the Henny it’s made me start looking for the poor man’s version a Zeiss FL 4-16X50

To be Fair, I have owned two and my hunting friend also has one. All of them have had one problem or another, mostly feeding issues with the 6.5 cm but also issues where the bolt would become extremely hard to cycle.... one of them even had a grove worn out of the back of its receiver from the bolt being cycled probably due to poor tolerances. I have since sold mine off, friend still has his and it still has issues.

Yeah, there are "haters"...and for good reason. The examples I have used were complete shit.
I had a small mark in my receiver. It was something to do with a shim in the bold body. I’ve got a replacement bolt at white birch armoury. I just need to get it to England. Although I’ve sorted my issues with the current bolt so it functions. Mine was a very early model.

1 the early fix rifles had feeding problems
It seems like they corrected that.

I had a 6mm Creedmoor that was one of the first 50 rifles made, another pretty early 308, and then more recently a newer production 6.5. Not a single feeding issue with any of them so that’s not an accurate statement.

What I ment by that statement was that in the early stages of this peticular thread people were complaining of feeding issues, especially with the creedmore chambered barrels.

Trying to get all of my junk on the same wavelength and going to go full arca with everything - anyone have a sawtooth/full length arca rail they want to get rid of?

also on that note, sawtooth makes amazing stuff in general, but assuming solid quality of anyone thats handled them?

Trying to get all of my junk on the same wavelength and going to go full arca with everything - anyone have a sawtooth/full length arca rail they want to get rid of?

also on that note, sawtooth makes amazing stuff in general, but assuming solid quality of anyone thats handled them?

They are 👌.

Yeah they make great stuff. This is their 12.38” on a 15” hand guard. Works great on my tripod/RRS ball head setup.

Attachments

• 085AC4CD-F28D-40C4-8DDB-1721B4D66FB3.jpeg
    085AC4CD-F28D-40C4-8DDB-1721B4D66FB3.jpeg
    672.7 KB · Views: 233
Is it worth getting a 308 barrel in addition to a 6.5cm barrel? I'm kicking around the idea.

Is there a source for a Mini Fix barrel extension? Haven’t heard back from Q yet so unsure if they’re selling them or not.

Theres never been a source for extensions for the fix or mini fix, and they dont plan to make them available.
That’s discouraging. Noticed someone on YouTube was able to buy one from Q so I’m guessing that’s because they’re a famous YouTuber or something like that

That’s discouraging. Noticed someone on YouTube was able to buy one from Q so I’m guessing that’s because they’re a famous YouTuber or something like that
Yes, thats likely the case. There have been a handful out there, but the rest of us just scavenge the extension from the Fix factory barrels.

I wonder if they got the light strike issues ironed out on the mini. Is it ironic to anyone else that they list the mini rifle as 5.56 nato after all the teeth gnashing about “machine gun primers” being the reason they wouldn’t go bang.

If they ever release a 16-20” 6 arc mini and they ok it to full pressure ammo I’d be tempted.

Reactions: HayStax
How have the 556 mini fix been?

Reliable ?

Accuracy with 16”?
I asked this question a few months back and got no replies.. decided to get one and try it for myself and I really like it. Light weight, accurate and well built. The only thing that suprised me was the trigger is not adjustable. Not that it really matters as after it broke in I am happy with it. After I got the first one I found a 224 Valkyrie barrel and bolt so I bought another rifle and converted it over. No light strikes, sub inch accuracy with 5 round groups. Have a couple of sig cross rifles that I shoot all the time and I think the build quality of the fix is a step up as it should be for the additional $. That said I am not going to sell off the cross rifles, I will just shoot them all..lol
Hope that helps?

Does anyone know of a company that makes or will make a carbon fiber handguard for The Fix? I use mine mostly in the winter while hunting, and the carbon fiber would stay warm to the touch. Maybe even lighten the rifle a little as well.

Does anyone know of a company that makes or will make a carbon fiber handguard for The Fix? I use mine mostly in the winter while hunting, and the carbon fiber would stay warm to the touch. Maybe even lighten the rifle a little as well.

I don’t thing there will be any one producing a carbon forend. I just put some vet wrap round my forend to hold. Works well but we don’t get as cold as you will experience.