• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Tyler455

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2013
AZ
There was a thread on Scout so I wanted to carry this over. Anymore feed back on this rifle. I've heard very little and frankly the Q isn't selling me on it. It does intrigue me though and seems very innovative.

I can see that as an issue. These are very different rifles though. Price is similar, but Qs rifle is supposed to be very light and handy in comparison to AI, etc. Even with the heavier 22" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel it is around 7lb unloaded. I am sure it will be very precises given the barrel, but it should also be an excellent hunting, position rifle. So, is the seeming lack of interest due to not wanting to pay full price upfront to pre-order or is it some aspect of the design?

Reactions: Jdfizzle
I was very interested at first, but not enough to be a guinea pig and empty handed for 6 months with that much cash down. I prefer instant gratification when spending large sums of money lol... I think they sold out of the first 500 preorders pretty fast. I watched both of the live videos they did on Instagram. Only select gunsmiths will be given spare barrel extensions to make prefits. I asked what the firing pin size is and got "it's the right size" for a response. They mentioned that they were in talks with Proof about having prefits available like the RPR barrels are. I'm waiting to see what more people have to say once they're out in the wild and being abused. It's very unique and I hope it turns out to be really awesome. Their suppressors look very promising too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I want both rifles 6.5 and 308 shorty. Not bad enough to pre-pay. Two is one and one is none? The owner of the company is a little too sure of himself(cocky). Gods gift to firearms!?!!! We'll see if we have another MDR on our hands?

Yep, was hot for the FIx, but i am done with paying large deposits without guarantees of delivery or incomplete data. MDR, MPX ... you name it - money went down years in advanced and kept getting jerked around so no more.

I want one, but am waiting for my dealer to get one in June. He's going to let me know as soon as he gets them, if I like it then I will buy it. It looks promising but I wasn't willing to drop that kind of money without ever handling it.

I want both rifles 6.5 and 308 shorty. Not bad enough to pre-pay. Two is one and one is none? The owner of the company is a little too sure of himself(cocky). Gods gift to firearms!?!!! We'll see if we have another MDR on our hands?

Surely comes off that way but I can tell you that he is one guy that can back up his attitude with good product. I don't have one on preorder but do look forward to them hitting the market. The truly has been few new designs or ideas when it comes to firearms, I applaud Q for stepping out of the box.

I'm not bashing the Product or the Man! He just came off that way. He acted like he didn't have the time of day to describe the details( I mean specifications) for the components on his 2 different rifles designs in a few different videos. Don't worry, He didn't hurt my feelings!!! I thought someone who designed it from the ground up would know it forwards and backwards? Maybe he didn't want to describe a few things that were undecided specifications as far as the production rifle? Innovation is the name of Q's game .

For a company touting innovation I wish their site had some discussion or details about their products. Right now all you really get is "trust me bro it's gonna be sweet"

Reactions: derek1ee
I can see that as an issue. These are very different rifles though. Price is similar, but Qs rifle is supposed to be very light and handy in comparison to AI, etc. Even with the heavier 22" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel it is around 7lb unloaded. I am sure it will be very precises given the barrel, but it should also be an excellent hunting, position rifle. So, is the seeming lack of interest due to not wanting to pay full price upfront to pre-order or is it some aspect of the design?

Paying in full upfront and having to wait 5+ months. Whenever I've ordered a custom built rifle/handgun, terms are always 50% down, balance upon delivery. For pre-orders, it's usually a few hundred deposit and balance upon delivery. I haven't shot/handled the Q, but I was seriously considering getting one blindly, but the terms of the pre-order didn't suit me.

Too many red flags here. I wish them success and it's cool to see something different but being cocky with a new product unfortunately point to failure down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Emerson0311
I plan to buy one after they are out and if I like it. I'm like everyone else so far, I'm not paying for a rifle that is not even in production yet.

There are some good people working on the product, I would expect good things from it. I personally don t see it replacing my AT any time soon, but I am keeping an eye on it for sure!

I'm not bashing the Product or the Man! He just came off that way. He acted like he didn't have the time of day to describe the details( I mean specifications) for the components on his 2 different rifles designs in a few different videos. Don't worry, He didn't hurt my feelings!!! I thought someone who designed it from the ground up would know it forwards and backwards? Maybe he didn't want to describe a few things that were undecided specifications as far as the production rifle? Innovation is the name of Q's game .

Kevin is a big picture, marketing kind of guy. He has very smart engineers that do the hands on design work. I'm very fortunate to be associated with Q for the launch of the next generation of bolt gun design. It is a cool little rifle. .

Reactions: Bender
Thanks. Sure not much detail on it...

John

Doesn't seem like they give much detail on anything and that's where ppl are getting hung up on paying full price upfront. Like tennturk stated in an earlier post, he asked what size the firing pin was and they responded "the right size". Wrong answer in my eyes and not something to make me want to fork money over.

Reactions: Bender
I agree with Dave on this. From a professional standpoint Kevin and his team, while they may not be articulating the ins and outs of the design like one of the engineers, certainly will keep the focus on a very high quality product that will not be shipped until it is absolutely right. I agree that some of the info has been vague, I would challenge here that many manufacturers don't even speak of an upcoming product until it is 100% ready to go. At that point it is a race to secure one if you want it. Their preorder may not mean that all the details are worked out down to the size of firing pin but what may be worked out is that they are testing a few different sizes to make sure they are using the right size for the rifle. That said I think it is safe to say that demand will be high when these hit the market and given their fairly small size production is likely to be limited so if you preorder you dont have to fight the crowds. It should also be noted that the company was formed in March of 2016 I believe, that is very quick to have a unique design anywhere near production so I think it should be expected that there may be minor details to work out.

I am not disagreeing with most of you, as I said I don't make enough to float 100% out that long but I do look forward to them hitting the market. I shot the rifle at media day and it is the real deal, something truly unique and that is good for the industry, which is good for all of us.

Nick

I agree with Dave on this. From a professional standpoint Kevin and his team, while they may not be articulating the ins and outs of the design like one of the engineers, certainly will keep the focus on a very high quality product that will not be shipped until it is absolutely right. I agree that some of the info has been vague, I would challenge here that many manufacturers don't even speak of an upcoming product until it is 100% ready to go. At that point it is a race to secure one if you want it. Their preorder may not mean that all the details are worked out down to the size of firing pin but what may be worked out is that they are testing a few different sizes to make sure they are using the right size for the rifle. That said I think it is safe to say that demand will be high when these hit the market and given their fairly small size production is likely to be limited so if you preorder you dont have to fight the crowds. It should also be noted that the company was formed in March of 2016 I believe, that is very quick to have a unique design anywhere near production so I think it should be expected that there may be minor details to work out.

I am not disagreeing with most of you, as I said I don't make enough to float 100% out that long but I do look forward to them hitting the market. I shot the rifle at media day and it is the real deal, something truly unique and that is good for the industry, which is good for all of us.

Nick

I think you make very valid and solid points. Your statement here is something that should actually be coming from the company themselves honestly. It's a minor detail but I'll use the example of the firing pin. Instead of "it's the right size", which comes off douchy and arrogant, maybe they should respond as you did, and just say it's under development and we'll have details out when we can. Pretty vast difference and conveys a totally different attitude.

I just think, and I'm not person who's opinion really matters all that much, that if you are selling a product that promises to revolutionize things and be a game changer, then they should be have a better attitude towards a prospective customer when they are asking for a leap of faith from my wallet. I can tell you 100% when I heard that response, I made up my mind to never even consider buying one.

Reactions: tennturk
I think you make very valid and solid points. Your statement here is something that should actually be coming from the company themselves honestly. It's a minor detail but I'll use the example of the firing pin. Instead of "it's the right size", which comes off douchy and arrogant, maybe they should respond as you did, and just say it's under development and we'll have details out when we can. Pretty vast difference and conveys a totally different attitude.

I just think, and I'm not person who's opinion really matters all that much, that if you are selling a product that promises to revolutionize things and be a game changer, then they should be have a better attitude towards a prospective customer when they are asking for a leap of faith from my wallet. I can tell you 100% when I heard that response, I made up my mind to never even consider buying one.

I couldn't agree more. There is a very fine line between absolute confidence in your product and arrogance, those two things can earn or lose customers very quickly. To me the only way to win those customers back is by putting out a very good product when it hits the market.

Ya I'm not sure if their strategy is to be vague and keep the intrigue going or as someone mentioned they are just douchey and arrogant. I received an ambiguous response on Instagram and zero response to other questions . Like some have mentioned, requiring the full amount doesn't sit well with me when I can't have all my apprehensions put to ease.

For those expecting instant detailed responses understand one thing. They are a start up company with a bare bones staff. There are no customer service representatives sitting around waiting for your call. All you millennials chill.

For those expecting instant detailed responses understand one thing. They are a start up company with a bare bones staff. There are no customer service representatives sitting around waiting for your call. All you millennials chill.

I doubt we are millennials as you say and they have time to make arrogant comments. Replace arrogant comment with professional response and boom.... people feel more comfortable spending their money on your product. Pretty simple.

Jesus, are you kidding me! I've got a pretty thick skin usually but comments like that piss me off. I am quite sure you've got arrogant, lazy millennials spending a lot of money with you whether you know it or not. Know your audience.
Nick

I'm pretty sure people (including myself) are going to spend money with Tooley regardless of what he types - it's his work that doesn't require words to be spoken.

I get what you guys are saying... But he's just making a point in a jokingly manner - it's not like he just ran over your dog, threw it in reverse then spit on it.

Reactions: camocorvette
That did come off as a bit whiney. Not to mention the fact that I can't afford Dave's stuff anyway. The fact is I'm with him on this issue, just got a little sensitive on the presentation... I suppose that doesn't help the image of millennials.
Nick

What ever happened to the customer is always right???? I haven't put my money down, so maybe this is a moot point to be making.

Dave,

I think everyone around here has respect for you and the work you do. I would imagine thats why you are on board with and involved in this project. I could easily understand why some of these posts would ruffle your feathers. I got into it at the beginning of this thread with someone who thought I was putting the product and or the man down. That's further from the truth. Maybe Kevin is a great marketing guy(Genieus?). It just seems like the classic Ford mentality, you can have this car in any color you want as long as it black, type of marketing. Or maybe a little soup Nazish, Pay upfront, say what you want softly and move down the line, I mean wait 4,5,6 months for a untested product. I think the rifle will speak for itself and thats what everyone around here wants to see. This isn't going to be the holy grail. There will be pros and cons like any product. We just want to know what they are, so we can make an inform decision with our hard earned money. Can you blame us?

On another note, Is "The Fix" a giant Desert Eagle, bolt action rifle version? Maybe it's just me?

IanHusaberg out

Last edited:
Reactions: Ravenworks
I'll be specific so I don't come off as a judgey millenial seeking instant gratification.

I asked on Instagram if the platform wil be able to shoot 223 as well. They responded with " no , but the 3lb micro version will".

At first I was excited then I thought about it... 3lb Micro version????Where they being genuine or a smart ass? I still don't know because my follow question was ignored. I believe the comment to have been the later of the two options and I have to ask myself why?

I also have asked about its 300wsm capabilities as this is one of the bigger draws to the platform for me. My questions where ignored.

So they have the time to reply with ambiguous , possibly smart ass remarks but not enough time to answer some legit questions.

If in fact they are working on a " 3lb Micro version" disregard my comments...

All in all the design still intrigues me and good for them for the innovation, just be cool about it man.

I hope you are joking Dave because if you aren't then I am sorely disappointed.

They seem to have plenty of time to be on Facebook and Instagram. I don't want the rifle anyway but to say they are small and busy with no time to answer calls/emails seems like a dodge.

My company is small too and yet 3 of us (really 2 since I am the developer) manage to support over 2500 independent retailers that rely on our products working daily in order to make their living. Answering emails/phone calls is our priority and we aren't allowed to let them go more than 24hrs without a response if we want to stay employed.

Reactions: Rookie and 81sfo
I would love to see something unique and innovative come down the pipe. I don't see it in the photo or rendering on the web site so it must be internal. Since they are offering "factory" calibers, it pretty much can't or shouldn't be the chamber. Barrel mounting? Bolt lug design? Trigger? What?
I already have rifles that are capable of a single ragged hole at 100 yards, didn't say I can do it every time but the rifles can. I couldn't afford my current rifles when I bought them and I had both in hand the next day when I made up my mind to get them.
I would guess that this rifle is going to be expensive. 500 pre-orders at full list price, a guess at 3K adds up to 1.5 million. That should certainly cover start up costs and tooling along with a tidy profit. Provided everyone gets paid and they don't go chapter 11 and screw everyone.
Not for me, It will take me 3 years to save up that much cash and I can wait.

Last edited:
The preorder price was ~$2800. The innovative parts are the weight of the whole rifle, the bolt and trigger designs, etc. The rifle is pretty unique and different. I don't think anyone is denying this. It seems that most complaints are the attitude, lack of details, and paying upfront the full amount.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I was trying to inject a little humor with some information about the internals of the company. I won't make that mistake again.

Made me laugh Mr. Tooley. I also understood what you were getting at. Well played. This three pages of whining for possibly proprietary info belongs on scout.

The thing I see with the preorder price, at least the one mentioned here, is 2800. That is about half the price of a custom build.

I missed the thread on the other sight, but I am going to check them out.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I was trying to inject a little humor with some information about the internals of the company. I won't make that mistake again.

I don't think you owe anyone an apology honestly - It was absolutely 100 percent clear what you conveying. It actually was pretty funny actually!

We got to play with them extensively at SHOT up in the Q suite, and were really impressed with the engineering and ingenuity. We were also able to directly ask questions to the guys involved. Some they answered, others they didn't. I honestly think you guys are mistaking a lot of secrecy/guardedness for cockiness. The vast majority of The Fix is brand new, proprietary tech. I don't think they're eager to start giving out detailed specs on the internals when it's not even on the market yet. Whether being so secretive is justified I don't know, but I don't think it's based on arrogance. It's a marketing conundrum, you want people to believe a new product is awesome without giving out the proprietary info that makes it awesome...sometimes "Trust me bro, it's gonna be sweet" is all you can do.

FWIW, we bit the bullet and ordered 5 rifles for our gun shop and we're pretty damn excited about them. We'll be able to do some detailed review for you guys once they land.

We got to play with them extensively at SHOT up in the Q suite, and were really impressed with the engineering and ingenuity. We were also able to directly ask questions to the guys involved. Some they answered, others they didn't. I honestly think you guys are mistaking a lot of secrecy/guardedness for cockiness. The vast majority of The Fix is brand new, proprietary tech. I don't think they're eager to start giving out detailed specs on the internals when it's not even on the market yet. Whether being so secretive is justified I don't know, but I don't think it's based on arrogance. It's a marketing conundrum, you want people to believe a new product is awesome without giving out the proprietary info that makes it awesome...sometimes "Trust me bro, it's gonna be sweet" is all you can do.

FWIW, we bit the bullet and ordered 5 rifles for our gun shop and we're pretty damn excited about them. We'll be able to do some detailed review for you guys once they land.

I'm already looking forward to this review immensely! I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Mr. Kevin while we were both working at Sig, (strange at how much of a revolving door that place has....hmmmm....), and am very excited to see how well this rifle stacks up!

An excellent point. However, on the other hand, that also means that with the limited amount of time they have to respond, they should be as clear and concise as possible. If an answer cannot be given, say that. Asking for the full amount up front is no problem in my eyes. Please correct me if this is wrong, but the first 500 orders are basically a startup fund, correct? I haven't seen much information, which is why I am hesitant to jump in on one.

An excellent point. However, on the other hand, that also means that with the limited amount of time they have to respond, they should be as clear and concise as possible. If an answer cannot be given, say that. Asking for the full amount up front is no problem in my eyes. Please correct me if this is wrong, but the first 500 orders are basically a startup fund, correct? I haven't seen much information, which is why I am hesitant to jump in on one.

I agree they should have a reasonably detailed spec sheet which includes some details that are important to you guys. One is firing pin diameter. I suggested .068" with a .070" hole. I don't know if that's the numbers they used but I know it's small enough. That's the only answer I can give you. I had the gun disassembled on a table at Shot but to be frank I was looking at the other end of the bolt and the firing pin assembly. That's where accuracy can compromised.

Let's bring the Fix back up. I decided to take advantage of a dealer on GB who had a 6.5 and 308 available for $250 up front and balance due upon delivery. He is supposedly high on the list of preorders. Worked out well for me, I get to keep my cash in my pocket until my rifle is ready and hopefully be close to the front of the line. I purchased the 6.5