• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

19367627_1573487419350340_3892539937085456384_n.jpg

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/instagram.fsnc1-4.fna.fbcdn.net\/t51.2885-15\/e35\/19425057_148664185681945_1484936740174036992_n.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
19367627_1573487419350340_3892539937085456384_n.jpg

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/instagram.fsnc1-4.fna.fbcdn.net\/t51.2885-15\/e35\/19425057_148664185681945_1484936740174036992_n.jpg"}[/IMG2]

That's a fine looking rifle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really dislike that bolt handle.

I also doubt it would be much fun to shoot a hundred rounds of 308Win thru it in a couple of hours like I can with my AIAT since it is so light.

Is this rifle going to be supported in 4-5 years? Or is the company going to spin off again in the name of $$$. What will their response be when customers need support for their product?

You can have the best product in the world, don't treat someone like your doing them a favor answering questions as a potential customer.

I definitely get the feel unless you're in the "inner circle" for this you're not going to have the same customer experience with this company.

There's a reason GAP, LRI, SAC, PVA, SAC are as successful as they are. They respect their customer via product and support of that product.

Why some tolerate less than that...I dunno. Especially when you have established companies that already build lasers and literally bend over backwards to ensure customer responsiveness and satisfaction.

Reactions: DocHolliday01
I despise their marketing. I have unfollowed and unsubscribed from everything with them. Just tell me about your product. Stupid comparisons to products that are like 8 years old doesnt say anything to me. I'm glad your brand new can is better, it should be, but maybe start talking shit when its actually available and I can go to the store and get one. I don't want to preorder or anything.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I did not find their marketing particularly intrusive, but it is definitely high in imagery and low on information.
That having been said, I wanted a light weight precision rifle and The Fix looked like an interesting option. I already have a heavy rifle (DTA), so if I need to fire a hundred shots of the bench, I have something that does not beat me up.
With any new company, you take a risk that there might not be any support in 5-10 years. I suspect that they will be around for a while one way or the other, but there is no guarantee.
One of the reasons I decided to go for it is the interesting design. I have a suspicion that I will be able to maintain it myself for a long time once I manage to have a stock of some spare parts and it does not look like I will need that many. Just a few subassemblies.
Time will tell if I like the rifle enough to invest into all of that.

ILya

Reactions: NamibHunter
They need a 6mm option at that light a weight. Luckily Tooley is doing the barreling ....

I was hoping that people would have been putting The Fix through its paces by now.

Clearly June has been and gone.

If you have one shout up.

Has anyone asked why the stock can't fold to the left rather than the right so they can put a better bolt handle on it? Although I haven't handled or used it, I still hate it. They could have also made it lighter by shortening the pic rail.

Has anyone asked why the stock can't fold to the left rather than the right so they can put a better bolt handle on it? Although I haven't handled or used it, I still hate it. They could have also made it lighter by shortening the pic rail.

I believe that Q intend to release a scope mount that fits directly to the receiver allowing the removal of the pic rail. They are also going to do different length pic rails.

I can understand your dislike of the bolt handle. I am holding out to see it in use. As the manipulation is far different from what is currently on the market a large knob shouldn't be required. From a video on Q's instagram the current bolt appears to work well with very little user input.

I just await user experiences to trickle through and Q to respond to my request for export.

I believe that Q intend to release a scope mount that fits directly to the receiver allowing the removal of the pic rail. They are also going to do different length pic rails.

I can understand your dislike of the bolt handle. I am holding out to see it in use. As the manipulation is far different from what is currently on the market a large knob shouldn't be required. From a video on Q's instagram the current bolt appears to work well with very little user input.

I just await user experiences to trickle through and Q to respond to my request for export.

That's good to know about the pic rail. As for the bolt handle I still would like to know why they didn't use it fold to the left or maybe even both. I get the reasoning behind the handle is the way it is is when the stock is folded it can fit between a cut out on the stock. If it folded to the left you can use a larger handle. I see it being an issue to manipulate properly in a repeatable fashion.

Where are you exporting to? Oz? Let me know how you go, as I'm keen for one down the line.

I'm in the UK. I have emailed Q but heard nothing yet. I have a contact who used distribute DTA here and Europe. He still has all the paperwork so shouldn't be too difficult. The real kick in the teeth is the current exchange rate.

The Colion Noir video wa painful to watch, but i think it represents how 90 percent of these guns will be used though

I wanted to yell "JESUS this isnt your girflriends tittie during foreplay! Grab it and yank it back and forth!"

I give him props for being born with the disability of being right handed overcoming it and shooting left handed.
With a rifle that compact you are going to have problems working the bolt handle without the buttstock walking out on you.

Feedback welcome: understanding the ejection port is on the right side and the stock folds that way, is there a reason a left handed bolt module would not work? I get this is speculation and there are not many of these in the wild but I am throwing the question out nonetheless. I could see a bolt retrofit option similar to a Blaser R8. Anyone from Q on the Hide?

Feedback welcome: understanding the ejection port is on the right side and the stock folds that way, is there a reason a left handed bolt module would not work? I get this is speculation and there are not many of these in the wild but I am throwing the question out nonetheless. I could see a bolt retrofit option similar to a Blaser R8. Anyone from Q on the Hide?

I dont why it wouldnt, this thing looks just like a merkle.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shutrmgavin
Got to handle two of these at the New England PRS match last weekend which Q had sponsored - including a Fix on the prize table. Very slick and incredibly light. Really, to the extent that heavier calibers are going to be not such a great choice because of recoil. Will come with a brake that doesn't need to be timed. Different colour accents based on the original caliber purchased. Replacement barrels will be available as will a different bolt handle with I'd guess about a 3/4-1" ball on the end.

Folding stock locks up to the side and retains the bolt handle. No immediate plans for a lefty version.

Running the action a few times I found the bolt throw to feel a little heavy, but all I can compare to is my Tikka, and really that's pretty subjective as I did not try them side to side. I believe it is a 45 degree throw, but I may be wrong on that. Action was smooth enough, not rough at all, but I don't recall thinking it was buttery. The workmanship is excellent - the hinge on the stock for example is so smooth I had to ask the engineer if there was a ball bearing in it. Q has put a lot of thought into things and has moved the line forward in a lot of areas. We live in interesting times.

The recoil from the video of Colin shooting it seems pretty bad, guess it's a trade off for a lightweight, compact rifle.

Got to handle two of these at the New England PRS match last weekend which Q had sponsored - including a Fix on the prize table. Very slick and incredibly light. Really, to the extent that heavier calibers are going to be not such a great choice because of recoil. Will come with a brake that doesn't need to be timed. Different colour accents based on the original caliber purchased. Replacement barrels will be available as will a different bolt handle with I'd guess about a 3/4-1" ball on the end.

Folding stock locks up to the side and retains the bolt handle. No immediate plans for a lefty version.

Running the action a few times I found the bolt throw to feel a little heavy, but all I can compare to is my Tikka, and really that's pretty subjective as I did not try them side to side. I believe it is a 45 degree throw, but I may be wrong on that. Action was smooth enough, not rough at all, but I don't recall thinking it was buttery. The workmanship is excellent - the hinge on the stock for example is so smooth I had to ask the engineer if there was a ball bearing in it. Q has put a lot of thought into things and has moved the line forward in a lot of areas. We live in interesting times.

Any rumours heard about a fixed stock version?

Any rumours heard about a fixed stock version?

It was not mentioned, but was also not asked. Since they are outsourcing the machine work I would suspect there isn't much of a chance of it happening. Sounds like Canada and Australia are in the same boat with weird one-off laws that make most manufacturers shrug and sell elsewhere.

I'm wondering if you could get someone to slap a weld on the hinge to lock it up for you? Would that satisfy the legal requirements?

It was not mentioned, but was also not asked. Since they are outsourcing the machine work I would suspect there isn't much of a chance of it happening. Sounds like Canada and Australia are in the same boat with weird one-off laws that make most manufacturers shrug and sell elsewhere.

I'm wondering if you could get someone to slap a weld on the hinge to lock it up for you? Would that satisfy the legal requirements?

Possibly would, I may pursue it. Issue would be that it would need to happen stateside prior to export. Customs here stop a lot of side folders before they get in, for my state anyway.

Possibly would, I may pursue it. Issue would be that it would need to happen stateside prior to export. Customs here stop a lot of side folders before they get in, for my state anyway.

Well, for us in Canada we have a few shops that have set up arrangements with FFLs in the USA that hold the firearms and parts for them while the get the paperwork done. One of the services they provide is magazine pinning before things land in Canada (because that, gentlemen, is how you prevent bad things from occurring...) so you might be able to find one that is willing to get the weld slapped on there for you.

The folks from Q also seemed pretty awesome, but I think they probably wouldn't want to weld up one of their babies for you. Might be worth an email....

Seriously considering parting ways with a few of my toys for a Fix.

they shipped the first one a couple weeks ago

was that the first and only one?!?

I would have expected to see feedback from people who have received pre-orders. I'm yet to see any evidence of people getting hands on across the web except for early press stuff and shot show videos.

For a company that is supposedly looking to the future and coming up with a "fix" for the tried and true bolt action rifle, they sure screwed the pooch by not going with AICS mags.

Pretty cool little rifle other than that.

For a company that is supposedly looking to the future and coming up with a "fix" for the tried and true bolt action rifle, they sure screwed the pooch by not going with AICS mags.

Pretty cool little rifle other than that.

Well in the interview the the owner of the company stated that it will be a "common mans rifle" or working mans rifle something like that and that the cheap plastic magpul mags were more affordable and avaliable.

Which made me wonder what the fuck he was smoking. You want 3K for your rifle, trust me buddy the person who will drop that much on a rifle can afford an AI mag.

Not arguing with the fact that someone buying this rifle can afford AICS mags, but what specifically is wrong with magpul mags, the COL is a bit less. MagPul AR308 mags are cheaper, more available and reliable. The success of this rifle will not be due to the mags it uses. Is anyone seriously thinking that people won't buy it because it uses LR308 mags instead of AICS mags?

Well it does limit the ability to run a short-mag and so "quick" caliber changes would only be .308-type parent cases. But maybe the Fix isn't robust enough for short-mags.

It limits the ability to run heavy for caliber bullets in almost every short action cartridge.

Why, if they are so forward thinking, would they hamstring their own design with a 2.820" magazine when the work around is so easy?

Might as well slow twist them too.

I would be curious to know the percentage of AI rifles and barrels that are sold in short magnum calibers, specifically WSM, since these are presumably the ones that wouldn't fit without adjustment. Magazine is not the only problem though, at the moment the bolt head also can't support short mags. I am just wondering if anyone seriously thinks that the choice of the magazine will make or break this rifle?