• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

There is something to be said for a rifle that weighs half the amount of the MRAD. 6.5 doesn't kick that much. I have a shit load of loaded ammo, components and 308 mags that will work fine for the FIX 6.5. The MRAD will be for 260 Rem. loading longer via MRAD magazines, will suit my needs. I'm not brand or caliber myopic here. Best tool for the job is my motto! The MRAD is still the Masterrace. Who knows if Fix will even bring one to the plate(mass production)?

There is something to be said for a rifle that weighs half the amount of the MRAD. 6.5 doesn't kick that much. I have a shit load of loaded ammo, components and 308 mags that will work fine for the FIX 6.5. The MRAD will be for 260 Rem. loading longer via MRAD magazines, will suit my needs. I'm not brand or caliber myopic here. Best tool for the job is my motto! The MRAD is still the Masterrace. Who knows if Fix will even bring one to the plate(mass production)?

I'd flip your logic around.

Fix would be great for 308/260.

Use the MRAD for 300, 338 and let the weight do the work for you.

Whoever runs their instagram account runs it like a meme page, flippant and cheeky. I hope this rifle is awesome but they need to understand this ultra hip low information marketing needs to transition to some detail if they want to sell rifles and ar that are thousands of dollars.

Factory rifle eh? I treat it same as cars. I will let the suckers pay to be the beta testers for the first few years and buy once the bugs are worked out.

Factory rifle eh? I treat it same as cars. I will let the suckers pay to be the beta testers for the first few years and buy once the bugs are worked out.

I agree!!!!

Get a production model in Franks hands ASAP... If it cures the clap he'll say so... If it gives you the clap he'll say so... either way, everyone will know.

Thread title misled me. I was expecting to read about a field modification to some super-secret spy equipment James Bond is currently having trouble with.

I have to wonder how many patents they are waiting on. This is the first rifle I've seen with a trigger setup like this. I understand not wanting to share that info until they have their shit locked up and safe from copy cats. No need to be a dick about that (going off this thread, I have had 0 interactions with them so I have no personal opinion) but if this cat is an engineer he may not be able to help himself.

I'm curious about the rifle. I don't really have a need for one but I wouldn't mind finger fucking one to see if it's something I can't live without.

I found this the other day, pretty good description of the rifle imo. The videos of them at SHOT, like range day, are very brief. Sorry, I don't know how to embed this on the new old site/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1VQIcsHSAI

If you want skip ahead to 4:28, that's where he goes into the details of it. No, I'm not getting any kickbacks from this, but hey I'm open to suggestions :)

I'm pretty interested in the Fix but only once the conversion becomes available.

In regards to most of the conversation in this thread: Mostly I care about the product - it's quality and functionality - but I will not buy products from some companies where I've taken a dislike to their practices or to one of the head people. Case in point: when the founder of a company I was sponsored by was pushed out unfairly (a guy a didn't know personally) I left them. Couple years later he had a new company up and running and I got a sponsorship from that company. These 2 companies make the best hunting clothing on the market but my support of any company depends on more than just the product in question. It's not like I go investigating a company before I buy a product; but if I find out something down the road I have no problem severing ties. I'm probably an oddball in this regard, lol. Just pointing out that no matter how good a product is, how you present it AND YOURSELF matters. There's a fine line between confidence and cockiness. That's a line you don't want to cross, IMO, if you want to appeal to customers like me. KB hasn't crossed that line for me but I can see where he's toeing that line for some folks. Hopefully he'll maintain enough humility to keep everyone happy and excited for what looks to be a tremendous rifle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The $250 deposit I had to make to be in on the first batch through a dealer made it worth the risk for me. If it takes 4 or 6 months, I'm only riding with that down and my balance is due on delivery. No complaints here. I can't wait to see if it will live up to expectations. I have built many many rifles as "crossover" hunting and precision rigs, and I would love the option of a lightweight, modular and accurate factory rifle with some kick ass other features to be sitting in the safe

Interesting rifle, heavier profile bbl would be nice or be able to order without and have Dave or PR spin up whatever you want would be even better!

Interesting rifle, heavier profile bbl would be nice or be able to order without and have Dave or PR spin up whatever you want would be even better!

I don't agree on the heavier barrel. There are bigger barrel profile rifles out there on the market. Nothing new? Light weight, foldable stock, compact action and a cool design all around has me chomping at the bit. 6.5 and 308 have my interest?

Let's turn it into a boat anchor!! Ya ya ya. Not!!

So a Rem Varm Profile would turn it into a "Boat Anchor"? Calm down hero

No hero here! Just an average guy. I'm in the camp that breaks in a rifle, shoots it with a known load for a little while in testing, start load development and see what kind of results you get. I like to let the rifle speak for itself. Not just run my pie hole!

I went to the NRA show specifically to see this rifle. While I was there I got to see Kevin again and ask him every single question I had. I checked out every single one they had all over the floor for any perceivable difference in tolerance stacking or variables in fit/finish.

I will be pre-ordering on this week. This was the most impressive thing I saw. Even more so than the razor with the computer inside that links with the ap on your phone with bluetooth put out by Revic.

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

Watch me dump a pile of stuff this rifle obsoletes here in the coming days

I couldn't agree more, I was at the show and fortunate enough to speak to Kevin, Robby, and Jessica. The rifle is simply amazing, working the bolt involves much less movement than traditional bolt rifles, is super slick, trigger is very near flawless though I neglected to ask about adjustability. Quick change barrels, numerous accessories to make the rifle "yours" and all in a lightweight package. It's no doubt a winner!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The fact they didn't use AICS pattern mags SUCKS. I bet we see a revised version in the future with that change. I wish they could have gone with a hex key barrel swap system like AI. It's nice to say you can change barrels, but you can't swap them out quickly at the range. Those are then two "deficits" I see. I still can't wait to get mine though

I went to the NRA show specifically to see this rifle. While I was there I got to see Kevin again and ask him every single question I had. I checked out every single one they had all over the floor for any perceivable difference in tolerance stacking or variables in fit/finish.

I will be pre-ordering on this week. This was the most impressive thing I saw. Even more so than the razor with the computer inside that links with the ap on your phone with bluetooth put out by Revic.

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

Watch me dump a pile of stuff this rifle obsoletes here in the coming days

I'm all for less is more! What exactly will you be dumping here? I don't want to buy your crap. I do want you to explain how this is the best thing since sliced bread?

I'm not provoking you, I just want to see it in the light you are perceiving it in?

I do want to buy one as badly as the next guy!! Wait, that's YOU?

The fact they didn't use AICS pattern mags SUCKS. I bet we see a revised version in the future with that change. I wish they could have gone with a hex key barrel swap system like AI. It's nice to say you can change barrels, but you can't swap them out quickly at the range. Those are then two "deficits" I see. I still can't wait to get mine though

Why does it suck? Just use sr25 pattern pmags they are cheap.

You can change barrels on the tailgate of your truck with minimal tools. It's not DTA fast but it doesn't require a barrel vise and headspace gauges either.

AICS mags suck. AW mags are better. SR25 pattern mags are somewhere in the middle. You lose OAL but you get capacity and a smaller footprint. I'd also argue my SR25 mags are better than any AI mag I've ever had and I've had them all at some point.

I do want you to explain how this is the best thing since sliced bread?
It has a smoother unlock and bolt throw than either of my Blaser R8's. I'd say it's comparable to a McMillan Alias or the later model Tubb guns.

It has the ergonomics of a chassis with half the weight all built up.

I run suppressors and clip on NV. I also run scopes with illumination, and an IR laser. This stuff adds up the weight.

If you could also run a rig with the same capabilities of this one with LESS THAN half the weight wouldn't you?
dUlsR07l.jpg

Talking to the Q crew one of the goals of this rifle was the ability to have AR like ergos and modularity in a hunting rifle. Given that goal and the fact that market is much larger I think AR mags make allot of sense. Easier to get the right mag and much more attainable at the store.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What is the length of pull range on this rifle? Definitely appealing as a light weight hunter Hybrid with modular capabilities, however the mags are going to limit the OAL on the WSMs. 6.5 SAUM seems like the perfect fit and maybe limit For optimized magnum performance? 7 SAUM maybe doable. Will the short mags feed okay out of the SR25 type mags?

Oh, and will it come in lefty!!??

Edited to add: I think I found most of my answers on instagram. No info on 300 wsm still testing, and lefty "not likely, maybe one day".

Last edited:
You can change barrels on the tailgate of your truck with minimal tools. It's not DTA fast but it doesn't require a barrel vise and headspace gauges either.

AICS mags suck. AW mags are better. SR25 pattern mags are somewhere in the middle. You lose OAL but you get capacity and a smaller footprint. I'd also argue my SR25 mags are better than any AI mag I've ever had and I've had them all at some point.

if you want to spend a lot of money and have a little more OAL get some LaRue mags..

It has a smoother unlock and bolt throw than either of my Blaser R8's. I'd say it's comparable to a McMillan Alias or the later model Tubb guns.

It has the ergonomics of a chassis with half the weight all built up.

I run suppressors and clip on NV. I also run scopes with illumination, and an IR laser. This stuff adds up the weight.

If you could also run a rig with the same capabilities of this one with LESS THAN half the weight wouldn't you?
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/dUlsR07l.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I am interested in a rifle in 6.5 creed, thats 1/2 the weight of my MRAD to carry around(Compete). I don't think I'll be adding crap to the rifle.

Don't think they are going to ship till June is the word I have heard.. and how the gun industry workes I would say august lol. I think the 308 was going to be the first ones to ship

They don't have to expect much push back if they miss the June date due to desert tech setting the bar so low.

Kevin told me straight up at the NRA show they will ship in June. Straight to my face. And he was excited about it. Almost as much as I am.

The Desert Tech dudes told me I was holding a production MDR. Like 4 times. Then less than 3 minutes later they showed it was not a production gun and they were completely full of shit. Kid you not. "the production guns have a hole here in the hand guard" "this one doesn't have a hole, so it's not a production gun then?" "ummmmm no, I guess not". One of those dudes is a member here. I recognized him from photos he posts of himself. Cool guy. Full of shit.

It's not a fair comparison. I preordered a fix last week. If just half of what I heard is about to happen actually comes true it's going to be the most exciting gun of the year.

It's comical to hear about the MDR and the threads on it. The Q rifle looks to be awesome, will be nice to see it out.

So for the barrel swap, does it pretty much hold zero like the AI, DT, and windrunner/nemesis?

So for the barrel swap, does it pretty much hold zero like the AI, DT, and windrunner/nemesis?
since no one actually owns one yet, that will be tested im sure once they actually are selling

The mere fact that you have to remove the scope, the scope Rail, the handguard, the barrel nut and then reverse the process, I highly doubt all of those stacked tolerances will keep a repeatable zero. Still bore sighted? Probably. But this gun is not a "quick change" barrel, it's a "user changeable" barrel.

Last edited:
Per my question that they answered on their instagram live feed the 6.5 CM will be a medium Palma contour

I am fairly certain that some of them will ship this month (I think the 308 version will be shipped first), but not all, I am sure. I think I am fairly close to the beginning of the pre-order list, so hopefully I'll get it fairly soon.
Since I live in the PRK, I get to wait an extra ten days after it gets to my FFL, though.

ILya

Today on instagram they assembled the first production rifle. looks great