• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

Could be QC issue with mount. Are you used the square shoulder adapter too?
I’m not sure what the square shoulder adapter would be. I’ve had this suppressor and muzzle brake/adapter for my Titan-Ti QD for many years and used on many firearms without a problem. I will have to try it again this weekend with the new ammo and see. I’ll report back...

I’m not sure what the square shoulder adapter would be. I’ve had this suppressor and muzzle brake/adapter for my Titan-Ti QD for many years and used on many firearms without a problem. I will have to try it again this weekend with the new ammo and see. I’ll report back...
https://liveqordie.com/collections/accessories/products/taper-adapter-5-8-24?variant=8105367011415

Required for our tapered muzzles when using traditional 90 degree shoulder muzzle devices.

Reactions: DrGarza
I had no idea I needed one of those, will order and I’m sure that will fix the issue.
I was running a flash hider and can on my sig mcx since january. One day last month, I opened the box the rifle came in, and this little ring in a baggie falls out. I was like, what the fuck is this shit? Turns out I need this thing for square shouldered devices on the tapered muzzle. i felt pretty dumb, but nobody saw, so it's all good

Got an email this afternoon saying the 22in 6.5 was in stock, and it is currently on the way to my FFL. I'm in the same boat on the taper adapter. I guess for now the fix will be full volume, I hope the adapters aren't out of stock for too long.

Cant wait to put this thing through its paces. I am confident my Pierce actioned xlr, x-bolt western hunter, and 16" MDT LSS shorty will all be rendered obsolete, and have to be put up for sale soon!

I was wondering why taper the barrel as opposed to just having a taper on the muzzle device like others?

So I’ve only been able to make it to the range twice now with my fix in .308. So far I absolutely love it. In my quest to find a factory ammo it likes, since I don’t reload, I have only really found one type it doesn’t like, or it’s the ammos fault.

I was shooting 5 shot groups at 100 yards with 4 different ammo loads.
Sig 168gr OTM match grade shot 2” groups
Hornady 168gr BTHP match grade shot 1.25” groups
Hornady Black 155gr A-max shot 1” groups
Hornady 155gr ELD match grade shot 1” groups

Take my shot groups with a grain of salt, since I’m sure I pulled on a few as I’m trying to become a better shooter. With each group I had at least 2 rounds touching.
The only ammo I’ve shot that had an issue was Rainier Munitions 150gr match grade which is a reload. Every single round was a struggle to extract, I had to really pull on the bolt to extract it. It fed fine, and shot fine, just hard to extract.

So far I haven’t noticed any heavy bolt lift, this is definitely the smoothest bolt I’ve ever felt. I’m absolutely in love with this gun.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
So I’ve only been able to make it to the range twice now with my fix in .308. So far I absolutely love it. In my quest to find a factory ammo it likes, since I don’t reload, I have only really found one type it doesn’t like, or it’s the ammos fault.

I was shooting 5 shot groups at 100 yards with 4 different ammo loads.
Sig 168gr OTM match grade shot 2” groups
Hornady 168gr BTHP match grade shot 1.25” groups
Hornady Black 155gr A-max shot 1” groups
Hornady 155gr ELD match grade shot 1” groups

Take my shot groups with a grain of salt, since I’m sure I pulled on a few as I’m trying to become a better shooter. With each group I had at least 2 rounds touching.
The only ammo I’ve shot that had an issue was Rainier Munitions 150gr match grade which is a reload. Every single round was a struggle to extract, I had to really pull on the bolt to extract it. It fed fine, and shot fine, just hard to extract.

So far I haven’t noticed any heavy bolt lift, this is definitely the smoothest bolt I’ve ever felt. I’m absolutely in love with this gun.
what barrel do you have on yours? I want one of these but am having to work OT & save up first. Am trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$ to upgrade the barrel.

what barrel do you have on yours? I want one of these but am having to work OT & save up first. Am trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$ to upgrade the barrel.
It’s the 16” Bartlein barrel that comes standard.
I do want to order a 6.5cm barrel but can’t decide on a proof carbon fiber or the bartlein. I won’t be shooting any matches with it so not sure if it’s worth the extra money for the proof.

I couldn’t decide either so have gone with a 16” and 20” bartlein and a 24” Proof.

I am beginning to think the 20” bartlein would have just been the one true option when looking at the ballistics.

@Kevin Brittingham Had any requests for a light contour 20" 6.5CM barrel? Seems like that would really complement the rest of the rifle.

I'd be all about hunting with the fix as a 6.5CM, but the 22" setup is a little chunky.

Reactions: Akdodge88
It’s the 16” Bartlein barrel that comes standard.
I do want to order a 6.5cm barrel but can’t decide on a proof carbon fiber or the bartlein. I won’t be shooting any matches with it so not sure if it’s worth the extra money for the proof.
I thought the green mountain came standard and the bartlein was an upgrade. Glad to hear cause isn't definitely rather have the bartlein.

I thought the green mountain came standard and the bartlein was an upgrade. Glad to hear cause isn't definitely rather have the bartlein.

Im pretty sure that what you thought is what it is based on Kevins comments in this thread. While it wasnt explicitly stated as such it sure seems like they are using Green mountain as the default barrel.
Who is chambering the new Green Mountain Barrels in the FIX? Are you seeing any change in accuracy?
We are getting more consistent results.

Im pretty sure that what you thought is what it is based on Kevins comments in this thread. While it wasnt explicitly stated as such it sure seems like they are using Green mountain as the default barrel.
You are correct sir. That's exactly where I got it lol.

You are correct sir. That's exactly where I got it lol.
Mine might be a pre-order gun. If the starting letters in the serial don’t mean anything, I believe I have number 265.
Either way, I love the gun. Just need to figure out which 6.5 barrel I want to go with my .308.

Q was kind enough to do a 20" 6.5 for me. It isn't light, per se, but it is not heavy, handy overall, and balances very well.

I would love to see a light taper 18" or even 16" 6.5C option. I'd hunt and bum around with that, 95% of the time.

Still waiting on my sling swivels to arrive, so carrying the gun has been less handy than it might be, plus I have not been able to sling up with it yet, which I'm kind of dying to do. I love fast sling work for some reason.

Kevin, please check your PM's, I sent you a question about barrel tools.

Looking to pick one up, mostly as a hunting rifle, but also plinking. Even for plinking, lightweight guns are a huge plus. My guns are all downstairs, I shoot 1-2 weekly. Bringing out my heavy bolt guns with all the gear is just a pain in itself. Never would i contemplate bringing those beast to the field for hunting. I'll probably run a nightforce 4-16 f1. I should still be able to keep the whole thing below 10.

looking to pic one of these up in 6.5. Not sure which barrel to go with? Is the proof barrel worth it? Are they more accurate? Most of my shooting will be 100-500 yards with occasional 1000.

Last edited:
Q was kind enough to do a 20" 6.5 for me. It isn't light, per se, but it is not heavy, handy overall, and balances very well.

I would love to see a light taper 18" or even 16" 6.5C option. I'd hunt and bum around with that, 95% of the time.

Still waiting on my sling swivels to arrive, so carrying the gun has been less handy than it might be, plus I have not been able to sling up with it yet, which I'm kind of dying to do. I love fast sling work for some reason.

Kevin, please check your PM's, I sent you a question about barrel tools.
What are you getting for for sling attachments? I’m having a hard time trying to figure something out to attach a sling until Q releases their q-SERT qd sling attachment.

What are you getting for for sling attachments? I’m having a hard time trying to figure something out to attach a sling until Q releases their q-SERT qd sling attachment.
I ordered two of their qsert flush cups when I ordered the gun in January of 17. I guess they are very difficult to make because Q has rejected several batches of them. I have no good way to attach a sling as of now. I did use the strap that came on my blue gun bag, but it is just a carry sling. I am a shooting sling junkie, and designed a sling that I cannot use until my 2 flush cups arrive.

Reactions: Akdodge88
You could use the “way of the gun” sling for carry without any issues, I’d think.

Can you show a pic of it on your gun? The description on Amazon is somewhat confusing.
1699FD86-E6B2-4028-A6A5-55EA6C15B085.jpeg
Here’s a pic of the QD sling mount. My Harris bipod was mounted using a standard sling stud screwed into the q-sert threads as well.

Thanks very much for the pic. I would be worried about pressure on the sling swivel maybe damaging the threads of the forend, given the single point attachment. Any issues at all so far? Do you sling up with that or just carry it?

Another approach is to use a rail-mounted 45 degree offset QD. I’m using the Impact Weapons Components Mount-N-Slot 45 Offset 1913 Rail Rotation Limited QD mounted on top rail ... which you can position virtually anywhere along the rail.
Definitely. Just don't want to buy another, less elegant, attachment point at this time. No slam on IWC, they make great stuff.

Thanks very much for the pic. I would be worried about pressure on the sling swivel maybe damaging the threads of the forend, given the single point attachment. Any issues at all so far? Do you sling up with that or just carry it?
No issues at all, the mount is solid as a rock on that one attachment. I sling up and walk my ranch almost every weekend. The threads on the q-sert are solid, not worried they will get damaged.

No issues at all, the mount is solid as a rock on that one attachment. I sling up and walk my ranch almost every weekend. The threads on the q-sert are solid, not worried they will get damaged.
The gun slings up perfectly with the one QD swivel on the butt stock and this one at the 45° position on top. It feels very comfortable on long walks.

I am trying to decide between a 308 and a 6.5 version. Does anyone know which round would be quieter suppressed, or are they about the same?

I am trying to decide between a 308 and a 6.5 version. Does anyone know which round would be quieter suppressed, or are they about the same?
I am the furthest thing from a can expert, but since that last thread went so well...

I will say that my 6.5, being a longer barrel than my 308, seems a bit quieter. Metered, I could very well be wrong. Apples to apples in barrel length, with a 30 cal can, the 308 should be a hair quieter.

Reactions: esw004
Anyone not getting along well with their Fix who would turn loose of it?

I ordered two of their qsert flush cups when I ordered the gun in January of 17. I guess they are very difficult to make because Q has rejected several batches of them. I have no good way to attach a sling as of now. I did use the strap that came on my blue gun bag, but it is just a carry sling. I am a shooting sling junkie, and designed a sling that I cannot use until my 2 flush cups arrive.

Hey, what slings do you like nowadays? Shoot me a PM or a text if you would rather respond elsewhere.

L O L
Looking to pick one up, mostly as a hunting rifle, but also plinking. Even for plinking, lightweight guns are a huge plus. My guns are all downstairs, I shoot 1-2 weekly. Bringing out my heavy bolt guns with all the gear is just a pain in itself. Never would i contemplate bringing those beast to the field for hunting. I'll probably run a nightforce 4-16 f1. I should still be able to keep the whole thing below 10.

looking to pic one of these up in 6.5. Not sure which barrel to go with? Is the proof barrel worth it? Are they more accurate? Most of my shooting will be 100-500 yards with occasional 1000.

I'm really thinking about a Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 for one of these. 19oz with turrets is pretty sweet.

Hey, what slings do you like nowadays? Shoot me a PM or a text if you would rather respond elsewhere.
My work rifle has an Armagedden Gear sling on it. Very nice for a two point attachment, and great for tripod use if you need or want to sling up to it.

My Fix was supposed to have a PIG sling on it, but since I have no attachment hardwear...

Riflecraft also still makes some of my favorite hunting slings.

Anyone know if Kevin is still around? I called Q last Monday, and have not heard back. Two PM's to Kevin have gone unanswered as well.