• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

about the bolt being stiff, my friend had to send it back and its all good now, smooth.

Any idea what delivery time would be for a new order? Also have the started shipping with the Proof barrels yet?

Well I got the scope mounted and made it out to shoot a couple ladder loads. I went with the Mark 5hd 3.6-18x44 that I think fits this gun well.

Shooting the Fix from the bench with Mac loads definitely reminds you how narrow the butt pad is, but it's not unbearable. The trigger is incredible, no complaints at all there. The bolt lift started very heavy, but got a little better with use. My serial is 299, no idea if this was before or after the break point of the new bolt setup.

For the ladders I used reloader 17 with 143gr eldx, 147 eldm, and the 123 eldm. I also made one load with superformance and the 147 eldm, as I had great luck with that powder in my 6.5 Western Hunter. The Fix definitely seemed to prefer the reloader 17 with the 143's and 147's.

I shot these at 200 yards and had some great nodes appear just below Hornady book max. My Chrono is still on loan with a friend, but based on my results I made up another 25 of the 143's with 41.2 grs, and 147's with 40.0 grs of rl-17. I will be shooting these out to 600 yards friday, over the chronograph.

Really love the rifle. When you look at the machining content and quality, it's not hard to justify the cost. My barrel arrived with some nicks and smudges in the bead blast, but I'm sure I will do much worse. I'm anxious for the taper adapters to come back in stock to get the can on:oops:, and for the release of the bigger butt pads(I know, I'm soft).
IMG_20180522_110548_811.jpg

IMG_20180518_114614568_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180518_125801081.jpg
I had the remainder of some browning factory loads the gun did not like to free up so ignore the random shots around the bull. Top of the ladder was very encouraging.

Well I got the scope mounted and made it out to shoot a couple ladder loads. I went with the Mark 5hd 3.6-18x44 that I think fits this gun well.

Shooting the Fix from the bench with Mac loads definitely reminds you how narrow the butt pad is, but it's not unbearable. The trigger is incredible, no complaints at all there. The bolt lift started very heavy, but got a little better with use. My serial is 299, no idea if this was before or after the break point of the new bolt setup.

For the ladders I used reloader 17 with 143gr eldx, 147 eldm, and the 123 eldm. I also made one load with superformance and the 147 eldm, as I had great luck with that powder in my 6.5 Western Hunter. The Fix definitely seemed to prefer the reloader 17 with the 143's and 147's.

I shot these at 200 yards and had some great nodes appear just below Hornady book max. My Chrono is still on loan with a friend, but based on my results I made up another 25 of the 143's with 41.2 grs, and 147's with 40.0 grs of rl-17. I will be shooting these out to 600 yards friday, over the chronograph.

Really love the rifle. When you look at the machining content and quality, it's not hard to justify the cost. My barrel arrived with some nicks and smudges in the bead blast, but I'm sure I will do much worse. I'm anxious for the taper adapters to come back in stock to get the can on:oops:, and for the release of the bigger butt pads(I know, I'm soft). View attachment 6906282
View attachment 6906287View attachment 6906288I had the remainder of some browning factory loads the gun did not like to free up so ignore the random shots around the bull. Top of the ladder was very encouraging.

That is the same scope I’d like to do on mine. Could you please post a side picture?
I just ordered my rifle today from Bauer Precision LLC. They have the taper adapters in stock.

Reactions: JurrassicClark
Crap I got messed up and thought I was in the AI thread. Disregard post
1.375" on a 4-16 atacr f1 on a AX
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Red343
That is the same scope I’d like to do on mine. Could you please post a side picture?
I just ordered my rifle today from Bauer Precision LLC. They have the taper adapters in stock.

Yes, sorry I thought I had some on my phone but I will take a few when I get home. The mount is less than ideal, its a little high at 1.5" and the captive bolts are on the ejection side. Supposedly Leupold has some coming in the Mark 6 line, but I think my Spuhr might migrate off my Pierce chassis gun to this.

Thanks for the line on the adapters, been a long time since I shot un-suppressed, especially with a brake

Reactions: Hondo1
Hey all, new/noob guy here - I just found a dealer with an early serial Fix w/ 22" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and picked it up last week. I haven't really gotten to shoot it yet because I am waiting on a set of rings to arrive, but I am hoping to get some rounds downrange this weekend.

First impressions are good though, love the trigger, have been working the bolt and dry firing a bit. I had a heck of a time with the folding stock at first but now that I'm used to it can pretty easily actuate it.

Unfortunately my budget is going to need some time to build back up for an optic purchase, but I am hoping to pick up the Mark 5HD 3.6-18 - looks like a really nice combination of features and great compact size. For now, I am going to be mounting an SWFA SS 3-15 FFP, which is actually still pretty small/light but I am sure optically inferior.

I have been in love with the concept of this rifle since I first read about it during/after Shot last year. I am pretty new to serious bolt action rifle shooting, but I am hoping to use this platform to grow my precision shooting skills AND take it with me into the woods.

Thanks for all the contributions here folks, I have enjoyed reading this thread and it seems like a lot of the trolling has calmed down since the rifle actually got into hands last year. I will try to follow up with my own impressions and thoughts as I get more time w/ the rifle as I know any additional information would have just helped me in my research too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akdodge88
Hey all, new/noob guy here - I just found a dealer with an early serial Fix w/ 22" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and picked it up last week. I haven't really gotten to shoot it yet because I am waiting on a set of rings to arrive, but I am hoping to get some rounds downrange this weekend.

First impressions are good though, love the trigger, have been working the bolt and dry firing a bit. I had a heck of a time with the folding stock at first but now that I'm used to it can pretty easily actuate it.

Unfortunately my budget is going to need some time to build back up for an optic purchase, but I am hoping to pick up the Mark 5HD 3.6-18 - looks like a really nice combination of features and great compact size. For now, I am going to be mounting an SWFA SS 3-15 FFP, which is actually still pretty small/light but I am sure optically inferior.

I have been in love with the concept of this rifle since I first read about it during/after Shot last year. I am pretty new to serious bolt action rifle shooting, but I am hoping to use this platform to grow my precision shooting skills AND take it with me into the woods.

Thanks for all the contributions here folks, I have enjoyed reading this thread and it seems like a lot of the trolling has calmed down since the rifle actually got into hands last year. I will try to follow up with my own impressions and thoughts as I get more time w/ the rifle as I know any additional information would have just helped me in my research project.

Its a great optic. I haven't been able to test tracking yet, but the CCH reticle, the glass, and the turrets are really nice. I think Leupold really took the feedback they got on the Mark 6 and fixed some issues. I'll let you know more when I go to the range Friday.

I really like my Sig Sauer Tango 4 4-16x44 rifle scope. The color matches nicely and the price was right. I have been very pleased with the optics and overall function so far.
D4F501AC-0EDE-4802-9E6E-899C9AB9A154.jpeg
Now I’m just waiting for my Pulsar attachment forward digital night vision device to come in.

Fix. Minox 5-25. Spuhr 6mil mount. KAC bipod. KAC Long tine MAMS. KAC QDC suppressor.

Screenshot_20180511-073751.png

Last edited:
Here's the side shot, ignore the ugly cabinets. You can see there's a decent gap, if I pull the 1.18 35mm spuhr I have that will not be a problem. Decisions decisions

IMG_20180523_100130769.jpg

The barrel taper is 25 degrees, correct? Anybody know where I can get an end mill with that angle so i can modify muzzle devices to fit?

Edit: is it 25 degree included or 50 degree included angle?

Last edited:
Got out to test the promising reloder 17 loads today. Both the 143 and 147's shot great, especially considering the cobble of old 2x6's and cinder blocks we were using as a bench.

The bolt is still sticky, moreso with the 143's. I'm hoping that will improve with time and more rounds. Still love the rifle!

IMG_20180525_130906811.jpg

Screenshot_20180525-122221.png
Screenshot_20180525-131534.png

The barrel taper is 25 degrees, correct? Anybody know where I can get an end mill with that angle so i can modify muzzle devices to fit?

Edit: is it 25 degree included or 50 degree included angle?
If you can't find a Q one in stock the Sig Taper adapter will work as well.

I don't really want the adapter and they are never in stock when I look. I am looking to to put the taper on my current direct thread silencer and some other muzzle devices so I don't have to shim them.

Shot a ladder test today with my 16" Bartlein Barrel. With the 178gr ELD-X being .18 inches longer then the SMK 175 gr, I was assuming that I needed to start lower in charge then what the 175 smk's take. Well... good thing I did. I was seeing pressure signs at 42.2gr or Varget. With 175gr SMK I usually start my ladder at 41.6 and work up. After 4 shots into the ladder at 42.2gr of varget, I had flat primer and hard bolt. So I worked back to 40.2 grains and shot it from there.

Federal Once Fired FGMM brass. CCI Large Rifle Primers. Trimmed case to 2.005. 2.800 COAL. Varget Powder. KAC QDC suppressor. Results:

40.2 2367
40.4 2368
40.6 2375
40.8 2373
41.0 2359 (and another to verify (2358)
41.2 2378
41.4 2397
41.6 2412
41.8 2423 (another to verify 2412)
42.0 2426 (another to verify 2421)
42.2 2446 OVER PRESSURE SIGNS

Factory 175gr FGMM out of this gun was at 2510 +/-

The first 4 rounds in the ladder test had an SD of 3.8 and ES of 8. Could have just stopped there. The 5th round was lower at 2359 followed by the 6th round right where the first 4 were at. I shot 41.0 gr again to verify and I was at 2358 (only 1 fps off the first 41 gr round) So I knew this was a good number. I also shot the 41.8 and 42.0 again as the first go around only showed a 3 fps difference. Even though I want the extra velocity, I think I am going to load up some rounds in the 40.6-7 range. I dont want to load anything up close to over pressure signs that may come back and bite me on a hot day. Saving some wear/tear, powder, and living with the lower FPS, I think will be better for this gun in the long run. If I want to move heavy pills 3k fps, Im picking up a 300 win mag or 300 wsm.

What are others thoughts on these results above, or what velocities are people getting with their "The Fix" 16" 308 guns?

Last edited:
Have you considered the 168 ablr? I was worried the 178 would be too heavy for a 16in barrel

I was thinking this.. I have a few other pills I may play with, but was really hoping I could get these 178s at the same velocity as the FGMM 175 SMKs. I think losing the extra case capacity being a longer bullet and limited to 2.800 overall length is hurting things here with the ELD rounds.

Last edited:
I had the fortune of trying one of these out last weekend and I am sold. Lightweight, slim and ergonomic. It replaces two rifles in my mind, a hunting rifle and a light tactical rig. I'm selling off my 6.5 Grendel project to fund one in 6.5 CM as I don't see a need for a lighter weight gas gun with inferior ballistics. My only two comments are that the trigger could be better and the proprietary accessory attachment system is lame (2010 called and wants its rail back) and should be MLok.

I had the fortune of trying one of these out last weekend and I am sold. Lightweight, slim and ergonomic. It replaces two rifles in my mind, a hunting rifle and a light tactical rig. I'm selling off my 6.5 Grendel project to fund one in 6.5 CM as I don't see a need for a lighter weight gas gun with inferior ballistics. My only two comments are that the trigger could be better and the proprietary accessory attachment system is lame (2010 called and wants its rail back) and should be MLok.

Funny...I'm doing exactly the same thing. I have a JP 6.5 Grendel match AR that I plan to sell and replace with this. That leaves me with three 6.5 rifles: A 16" 6.5 Grendel AR, a 6.5 SAUM 4S GAP Xtreme Hunter, and now a 6.5 Creedmoor Fix. I love the bullet interchangeability. Fewer reloading components = win!

Have any gunsmiths or barrel manufacturers gotten access to barrel extensions in order to provide prefit barrels?

Shot a ladder test today with my 16" Bartlein Barrel. With the 178gr ELD-X being .18 inches longer then the SMK 175 gr, I was assuming that I needed to start lower in charge then what the 175 smk's take. Well... good thing I did. I was seeing pressure signs at 42.2gr or Varget. With 175gr SMK I usually start my ladder at 41.6 and work up. After 4 shots into the ladder at 42.2gr of varget, I had flat primer and hard bolt. So I worked back to 40.2 grains and shot it from there.

Federal Once Fired FGMM brass. CCI Large Rifle Primers. Trimmed case to 2.005. 2.800 COAL. Varget Powder. KAC QDC suppressor. Results:

40.2 2367
40.4 2368
40.6 2375
40.8 2373
41.0 2359 (and another to verify (2358)
41.2 2378
41.4 2397
41.6 2412
41.8 2423 (another to verify 2412)
42.0 2426 (another to verify 2421)
42.2 2446 OVER PRESSURE SIGNS

Factory 175gr FGMM out of this gun was at 2510 +/-

The first 4 rounds in the ladder test had an SD of 3.8 and ES of 8. Could have just stopped there. The 5th round was lower at 2359 followed by the 6th round right where the first 4 were at. I shot 41.0 gr again to verify and I was at 2358 (only 1 fps off the first 41 gr round) So I knew this was a good number. I also shot the 41.8 and 42.0 again as the first go around only showed a 3 fps difference. Even though I want the extra velocity, I think I am going to load up some rounds in the 40.6-7 range. I dont want to load anything up close to over pressure signs that may come back and bite me on a hot day. Saving some wear/tear, powder, and living with the lower FPS, I think will be better for this gun in the long run. If I want to move heavy pills 3k fps, Im picking up a 300 win mag or 300 wsm.

What are others thoughts on these results above, or what velocities are people getting with their "The Fix" 16" 308 guns?
I'm shooting 168 FGMM out of my 16" Fix. One lot is 2495, the other lot is 2450. Not stellar, but what do you really want to use a 16" 308 for anyway?

I'm going to test some gamekings, as well as some other hunting rounds shortly.

Also, has anyone actually been in contact with Q? It seems like it from this thread.

I have left several polite messages, as well as PM'd Kevin here about some Q stuff I want to buy, as well as some Q stuff I'm still waiting on. No response whatsoever. Not very promising.

Also, has anyone actually been in contact with Q? It seems like it from this thread.

I have left several polite messages, as well as PM'd Kevin here about some Q stuff I want to buy, as well as some Q stuff I'm still waiting on. No response whatsoever. Not very promising.
Yes via email from their website

I have lots of contact with [email protected]

I bought a 8.5” picatinny rail last week and had it shipped to white birch armoury. It will save me 2 ounces over the standard one. I have no need for a full length rail.

I have lots of contact with [email protected]

I bought a 8.5” picatinny rail last week and had it shipped to white birch armoury. It will save me 2 ounces over the standard one. I have no need for a full length rail.

I saw they had those in stock this week - good idea. I am going to hold out until I have some time behind the rifle.

A little bummed that I missed out on the 16" .308 barrels they had in stock a few weeks ago. I am assuming that is probably the last of the Bartlein/Tooley barrels and Q didn't really give me any idea when they'd have other/Green Mountain barrels in stock.

I've had fairly responsive replies from [email protected] over the last couple of weeks. I had a handful of questions and they got back to me each time.

My Fix had this $200 coupon-sticker thing in it and they said it was expired - would have been awesome to use on some accessories.

KB, will the direct scope mount remove the need to take off the top rail etc when swapping barrels? As in, will it just involve removing the handguard and barrel nut?
Also will folding stocks be made available for sale on their own one day? So some with a fixed stock can swap it out.
If it were mine it would mean that to me, yes. At the price point the threads should be correct.
I saw they had those in stock this week - good idea. I am going to hold out until I have some time behind the rifle.

A little bummed that I missed out on the 16" .308 barrels they had in stock a few weeks ago. I am assuming that is probably the last of the Bartlein/Tooley barrels and Q didn't really give me any idea when they'd have other/Green Mountain barrels in stock.

I hesitated a couple of months ago with the purchase of the rail. They then sold out rapidly and I had to wait ages for re-stock.

I was lucky with a 16” bartlein .308 and a 24” 6.5 creedmoor barrel. With all three barrels I should be set for a few years.

I hesitated a couple of months ago with the purchase of the rail. They then sold out rapidly and I had to wait ages for re-stock.

I have a feeling that's going to be my wait for the little taper adapter ring too. They were in stock before I bought my Fix and now gone, haha. Hopefully as the company grows and matures they will grow a backlog of stocked parts.

I have a feeling that's going to be my wait for the little taper adapter ring too. They were in stock before I bought my Fix and now gone, haha. Hopefully as the company grows and matures they will grow a backlog of stocked parts.

I don't know if they are in stock anywhere, but the SIG taper adapter is the exact same as the Q one. I tested it out with my buddies adapter that came with his MCX.

I don't know if they are in stock anywhere, but the SIG taper adapter is the exact same as the Q one. I tested it out with my buddies adapter that came with his MCX.
Yeah, I did read that, but I haven't even found a product listing for the Sig adapters anywhere, so they might be even harder to find.

And seriously, for a $3k rifle with a somewhat rare crown, maybe it's not a terrible idea to just throw one of those $10 rings in the box Q guys...

Yeah, I did read that, but I haven't even found a product listing for the Sig adapters anywhere, so they might be even harder to find.

And seriously, for a $3k rifle with a somewhat rare crown, maybe it's not a terrible idea to just throw one of those $10 rings in the box Q guys...

Got mine from Bauer Precision when I ordered my rifle. He had them in stock.

Reactions: claytonm
I'm shooting 168 FGMM out of my 16" Fix. One lot is 2495, the other lot is 2450. Not stellar, but what do you really want to use a 16" 308 for anyway?

I'm going to test some gamekings, as well as some other hunting rounds shortly.

A handy suppressed hunting lightweight gun. Hunting mule deer and black bear. I just like to squeeze every bit of velocity if possible. 2500 was my goal with a good hunting bullet. I ordered up some berger 175gr VLD hunters to try also. My KAC APC shoots the 175 grain SMKs at 2610 FPS and that is a 16 inch barrel gas gun. So I figured I could at least get 2500 out of this, but not a deal breaker.

Edit...
Just loaded up 5 more of the 42.0 gr and Varget loads. All 5 rounds were between 2420 and 2426. Es was 6, and SD was 1.8. I think that will work.

Last edited:
Got mine from Bauer Precision when I ordered my rifle. He had them in stock.

I called Bauer Precision - super cool guys to talk to, but apparently they had like 1, and you must have gotten it, haha. No worries! I will work on patience!

Did you end up ordering from Cabela's? With discount gift cards available ordering from them can save a few hundreds. Wondering what the lead time would be for back order.

A handy suppressed hunting lightweight gun. Hunting mule deer and black bear. I just like to squeeze every bit of velocity if possible. 2500 was my goal with a good hunting bullet. ...

Sorry, I meant my question in a more rhetorical way. I use mine the same way you use yours. Its just that you can't expect too much velocity out of it, and if you want real performance, probably best to go to a different barrel length and chambering.

I do think that a 16" 6.5C might do almost everything I need doing, short of dedicated LR work or the occasional comp.

Sorry, I meant my question in a more rhetorical way. I use mine the same way you use yours. Its just that you can't expect too much velocity out of it, and if you want real performance, probably best to go to a different barrel length and chambering.

I do think that a 16" 6.5C might do almost everything I need doing, short of dedicated LR work or the occasional comp.

I hear ya. I bought it with every intention of getting a 300wsm barrel, and keeping it in 300wsm for hunting. I have the 22in 6.5cm along with this 16 308. I've been using the 308 as just a fun range shooter as I have lots of 308 ammo and reloading components to support shooting habbits.

I hear ya. I bought it with every intention of getting a 300wsm barrel, and keeping it in 300wsm for hunting. I have the 22in 6.5cm along with this 16 308. I've been using the 308 as just a fun range shooter as I have lots of 308 ammo and reloading components to support shooting habbits.

The prospect of a .300 wsm was THE selling point for me. I hope Q is still on it. Once the mag bolt head is out I’d like to play with the idea of a 7mm Sherman short mag as well.