• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Just reporting back with some great customer service experience. Sent my Fix back for the heavy bolt lift issue, they got it back to me within a week. Opened the package up and there was a brand new barrel on my Fix as well. They did forget to send my cherry bomb back with the gun, so I emailed them back and they overnighted a cherry bomb and a bottle rocket to me along with some stickers and lets be honest who doesn't like free stickers!

Just reporting back with some great customer service experience. Sent my Fix back for the heavy bolt lift issue, they got it back to me within a week. Opened the package up and there was a brand new barrel on my Fix as well. They did forget to send my cherry bomb back with the gun, so I emailed them back and they overnighted a cherry bomb and a bottle rocket to me along with some stickers and lets be honest who doesn't like free stickers!

Hi esw004,

Glad they got you fixed up, they have been very helpful for me on the couple of minor issues I have had (broke the little plastic backer tightening down the cheek-piece screw too much and lost a spring from the grip lol...both quickly replaced).

Was there a note or other explanation for the new barrel? Did it have something to do with the heavy bolt lift fix? Was anything different about the barrel or was it the same (caliber/contour/maker etc.)? Just curious, please let me know if you have a sec. Have a good one!

-TSean

Reactions: leeb10
Hi esw004,

Glad they got you fixed up, they have been very helpful for me on the couple of minor issues I have had (broke the little plastic backer tightening down the cheek-piece screw too much and lost a spring from the grip lol...both quickly replaced).

Was there a note or other explanation for the new barrel? Did it have something to do with the heavy bolt lift fix? Was anything different about the barrel or was it the same (caliber/contour/maker etc.)? Just curious, please let me know if you have a sec. Have a good one!

-TSean
The invoice I got back had the Date and Activity as Line Item Headers.

Under the Activity header it said
FIX-SPECIAL
The Serial Number
RAM Return to Customer

There was no other explanation. In retrospect I honestly think they have mixed my RMA up with another persons. All I know is it went in with a very scuffed up 6.5 22" Bartlein/Tooley barrel and came back with a standard 6.5 22" Q Barrel.

Last edited:
Mine feels like it is heavy to lift as well. I thought it was a matter of maybe breaking it in. Didn’t know others were having same issue.

FIX-SPECIAL
The Serial Number
RAM Return to Customer

There was no other explanation. In retrospect I honestly think they have mixed my RMA up with another persons. All I know is it went in with a very scuffed up 6.5 22" Bartlein/Tooley barrel and came back with a standard 6.5 22" Q Barrel.

Did they actually fix the bolt lift issue? I've got about 200 rds through one of the original pre-orders and it hasn't lightened up much, so I'm thinking of getting a RA number.

Did they actually fix the bolt lift issue? I've got about 200 rds through one of the original pre-orders and it hasn't lightened up much, so I'm thinking of getting a RA number.
I can now lift the bolt with my pinky. 100% worth sending it in.

Anyone painted/cerakoted there’s yet?
Trying to decide between multicam or od green.

That was one of my gripes as well. I am also having issues finding a QD sling that stays attached..... it’s too low profile to work with the proof barrel unless mounted in the farthest forward two positions. My QD sling holds tight in the stock, but pull out of of the rail attachment pretty easy.

What swivels are you using? I have just paid $50 and don’t want it failing on me.

I can now lift the bolt with my pinky. 100% worth sending it in.
Don't mean to sound stupid but can you lift it with your pinky with magazine, ammo, and round in chamber with your pinky?

I can lift my bolt w/o any ammo in magazine and it is smooth but once I insert a magazine w/ammo and chamber a round it is super heavy.

FIX-SPECIAL
The Serial Number
RAM Return to Customer

Hi esw004,

Thank you for explaining. Sheesh I am not sure how I would feel about them swapping out my barrel without at least asking first and an explanation. When you say "scuffed up" you mean externally? How many rounds did you have down it/how was the accuracy? Have you shot the new barrel and is everything still good? I would want to know who made the barrel as well...although if it shoots well and is just a nice fresh barrel then all's well that ends well I suppose!

-TSean

Hi esw004,

Thank you for explaining. Sheesh I am not sure how I would feel about them swapping out my barrel without at least asking first and an explanation. When you say "scuffed up" you mean externally? How many rounds did you have down it/how was the accuracy? Have you shot the new barrel and is everything still good? I would want to know who made the barrel as well...although if it shoots well and is just a nice fresh barrel then all's well that ends well I suppose!

-TSean

If it was only cosmetically scuffed I think I'd be a little ticked about getting back a standard barrel when you had a bartlien/tooley before considering it's a $200 upgrade last I looked.

Got mine yesterday!
Cabela’s in Ft Worth said they have two more in stock. $2995

Attachments

• BF5E183F-8441-4D1A-AF2B-4D8FDACA730E.jpeg
    BF5E183F-8441-4D1A-AF2B-4D8FDACA730E.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 235
Haven't shot off it yet, only played with it at the house, but it offers everything I want at great price.
Looking forward to comparing to my ATLAS(s)

What swivels are you using? I have just paid $50 and don’t want it failing on me.
They were included on my Magpul sling. They definitely seem to lock in no problem with the 16” .308 barrel, but not so much when I install my 6.5proof barrel. So I’m wondering if it protrudes just enough inside the hand guard, even on the second position back, that it touches the barrel and isn’t getting a positive lock. I carried my fix last weekend on a several mile ATV ride through the mountains, and didn’t have it pop off. So I may try again with the proof barrel to see what happens.

Attachments

• A77EDCAA-1D4D-40DD-9DDA-32A7542D0E91.jpeg
    A77EDCAA-1D4D-40DD-9DDA-32A7542D0E91.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 148
They were included on my Magpul sling. They definitely seem to lock in no problem with the 16” .308 barrel, but not so much when I install my 6.5proof barrel. So I’m wondering if it protrudes just enough inside the hand guard, even on the second position back, that it touches the barrel and isn’t getting a positive lock. I carried my fix last weekend on a several mile ATV ride through the mountains, and didn’t have it pop off. So I may try again with the proof barrel to see what happens.

Thanks for the info. I have also got a proof barrel on route. I’m kinda thinking a simple QD cup on the side of the hand rail would have been a better option. It’s done now so I’ll see how I get on when it lands. Can you post some more photos of your set up.

Zero effort load dev with the Fix. Took my load (140 ELD, 42.2 gr H4350, 1x Prime Brass, 210Ms) for another rifle and got this (I dropped the 5th shot so it should have been better):

39BC9104-C913-4CBF-884D-D16683C3954F.jpegB24602C1-1921-4E26-8E8F-35723620BDA1.jpeg

Bolt lift seems a little better now that I’m over 200rds. Haven’t been as successful with an all copper hunting load (Barnes 127 LRX) thus far w/H4350. Going to try Superformance and RL16.

Anyone found a different way to attach the sling? I think at the fix price point one of those front qd mounts should have been included or integrated into the rail

Zero effort load dev with the Fix. Took my load (140 ELD, 42.2 gr H4350, 1x Prime Brass, 210Ms) for another rifle and got this (I dropped the 5th shot so it should have been better):

View attachment 6939406View attachment 6939407

Bolt lift seems a little better now that I’m over 200rds. Haven’t been as successful with an all copper hunting load (Barnes 127 LRX) thus far w/H4350. Going to try Superformance and RL16.

I had almost the same experience 42.5 h4350 with a 140amax, eld or 143 eld-x all shoot great and about 2725fps

That is exactly correct.

I have a 308 Proof barrel and the QD sling moutn has to be fairly far forward, otherwise the swivel protrudes deep enough to touch the barrel and not lock in properly.

I was going to look at a bunch of QD swivels to see if some protrude less than others, but I havn't gotten to it yet.

i-wJxxZcw-M.jpg

I got one yesterday at like 930 in fort worth soon as they opened. Definitely need to swap the pistol grip out. I was kinda surprised they didn't include a QD slot up front. Will be fun taking on the deer and elk hunts.
wtymgm.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good...mine is similar but I went mark 5 but added the atlas bipod.

How do you like the magpul one?

I shamelessly roll kahles on everything. I really like the magpul bipods so far. I got a pair just to see what they were all about and now they're my favorite.

I am leaving atlas only q. Debating changing to the magpul on my 18in ar. I like the quick deploy of Harris but think the lighter weight would be better

For anyone that's interested, I've got a brand new, unfired 16 inch 308 barrel with a cherry bomb that I'd part with for $550.

I have a 22” 6.5 Creedmoor Barrel I’d like to turn loose of. Bartline/Tooley unfired. Pm me if interested.

Can we get some more chat about the Fix!!!

I am waiting ITAR approvals and need my fix as I’m still waiting to get hands on.

So let’s see some groups and preferred loads. I have got a 20” 6.5 creedmoor bartlein barrel and a 24” 6.5 Proof research barrel coming. Along with one of the light weight .308 bartlein barrels.

I have a 24" Proof and 16" Bartlein barrels, both in 308. I've been mostly shooting factory ammo so far, but I finally got some Badlands Precision bullets in, so I am starting proper load development. I should have some idea of how they do shortly. My plan is to develop a good hunting load using their 150gr Bulldozer and a precision load with the 155gr ICBM. I ahve used their bullets in other calibers and they are spectacularly consistent.

Also, since they have a fairly short bearing surface, they do not seem overly sensitive to overpressure. I might also develop a load with some less expensive 155gr bullet for practice, but that can wait for now.

For the time being, I am going to just experiment with the 24" Proof barrel. The 16" Bartlein can wait. Besides, with the 8.6CM coming out, I might get a 16" barrel in that caliber and divest the 308" Bartlein barrel I have.

Still the best boltgun I've ever owned.

i-zSDP985-XL.jpg

ILya

Ilya great to know it’s the best bolt rifle you have owned. Especially as it was a toss up for me between this and a DTA.

Any chance of a photo of your Fix with your March 3-24-42??? I’m thinking my 5-20X50 Schmidt ultra short may be too heavy.

I really like mine as a 308; wasn't really feeling it with the 22" 6.5CM barrel:

TjLmJ0D.jpg

SS 3-15 works for now, as it's pretty light (24oz). Been wanting to check out a March or a Premier Light Tactical as a replacement, as those are really the only other lighter weight optics that I know of. Seems silly to top this with a 40+oz behemoth. Those Burris rings are cool, as you can get 40MOA worth of cant out of them alone.

Really like the short rail... it saves a little weight up front, and doesn't cut the absolute shit out of my hand. The original rail on mine was crazy sharp and caused me to bleed whenever I'd shoot off a barricade (which was pretty damn often). Not sure I get the get the issue with the QD mount, mine works fine and looks fine to me?

Definitely prefer to keep the rifle as light/handy as possible - I think it excels there. As a heavyweight setup, I felt like it didn't have as much to offer. The forend isn't wide/flat/stable enough, attachment points (and attachments) are non-existent, and the stock can neither balance out much weight up front, nor does it ride bags very well. As compared to say.... a KRG or MPA chassis, or a Manners. Doesn't mean it's 'bad', it's just the current configuration really doesn't seem optimized for that kind of setup (which was obvious from the pictures at the start, IMO).

It's a cool rifle, I'm happy with mine. I still think the receiver design is one of the best ideas going - Would truly change the world if it was licensed out and accessible to others.

Last edited:
Had a few free minutes today, and finally zeroed my fix.
Shot 30 rds of Factory Federal 130 Gr Berger hybrids. Avg velocity is 2850....2893.
Great gun, super accurate.
Only small gripe is....I would like a more comfortable pad.

Attachments

• B424059D-66B0-4061-AA2C-46DAD68C4E48.jpeg
    B424059D-66B0-4061-AA2C-46DAD68C4E48.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 167
  • C2FB5DC2-FAC2-4478-99F4-B06608D332E4.jpeg
    C2FB5DC2-FAC2-4478-99F4-B06608D332E4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I really like mine as a 308; wasn't really feeling it with the 22" 6.5CM barrel:

g3DA3ADeB5H5GrC1aJDbO_hH-j1QXidQ9B-LOYW2VmQNk2yfUiIiLBS28HtsC-E9SzW8g2DAaGP32aMpN-9GfKYp30bz_Byd3D29E8030X4itRXur0t8-Fo45v_2LfzjUtyVPUHSn2c-LYwpCvKQsuNc1E0wgUPdKt-n1BCc4L8Udx-rU7HGctOwtoWuNizAS0GRNlWK6-IATM0lZdfI7ArxQGvNRZfcDvl60gO6aO16BNj--_jSiR72Pqbo-8mdDnn3F447PHOSwLUARMDr7LQWTFiZ0f82h6uBtdlw5k8Zf1w4_skMcQq4zO05543_d7LC-gpJkYCQFZ-PcjlpVotSC-EECDp551yXI3TAgBIAeuOh62h9oX4-YgmusJmz4JGr3LAh5HNNIfu03bpv1rbsKUsNPkNOTRUfgri8dpBfi0m3dRYQPBNZ-uXeZzL2KHEKRaM6Ue_jZ_1ZS5cRAy4JngAHL8JxsSTLHmckG7wTOlHGA2V8WZ5kaUL-3z--cNBa_Sslsogph8VpLSJVaEGHl9qpwZuhZVj2XHG1TxZAwMhVZ-AME1mZ3JDbl1hTlLm9DajR5qSPqIP4I4xN83pwAYq_aHVbgC0KLgjFB6oxQyCbzuNmsSQvc7ku7Iw=w1920-h619-no

SS 3-15 works for now, as it's pretty light (24oz). Been wanting to check out a March or a Premier Light Tactical as a replacement, as those are really the only other lighter weight optics that I know of. Seems silly to top this with a 40+oz behemoth. Those Burris rings are cool, as you can get 40MOA worth of cant out of them alone.

Really like the short rail... it saves a little weight up front, and doesn't cut the absolute shit out of my hand. The original rail on mine was crazy sharp and caused me to bleed whenever I'd shoot off a barricade (which was pretty damn often). Not sure I get the get the issue with the QD mount, mine works fine and looks fine to me?

Definitely prefer to keep the rifle as light/handy as possible - I think it excels there. As a heavyweight setup, I felt like it didn't have as much to offer. The forend isn't wide/flat/stable enough, attachment points (and attachments) are non-existent, and the stock can neither balance out much weight up front, nor does it ride bags very well. As compared to say.... a KRG or MPA chassis, or a Manners. Doesn't mean it's 'bad', it's just the current configuration really doesn't seem optimized for that kind of setup (which was obvious from the pictures at the start, IMO).

It's a cool rifle, I'm happy with mine. I still think the receiver design is one of the best ideas going - Would truly change the world if it was licensed out and accessible to others.

Premier Light Tactical does not exist any more, but its spiritual successor (and a better scope overall) is Tangent Theta TT315M. I had it on the Fix for a while and it is an exceedingly good match for the gun:

i-wKKpSGN-L.jpg

Had a few free minutes today, and finally zeroed my fix.
Shot 30 rds of Factory Federal 130 Gr Berger hybrids. Avg velocity is 2850.
Great gun, super accurate.
Only small gripe is....I would like a more comfortable pad.
Err, math was off....average was 2893

I have the SS 3-15 on mine as well, I think it is pretty solid at it's pricepoint, and agree that it's light. Can we get a pic of your setup w/ the short rail? I am debating picking one of them up for mine. I am hoping to pick up the MK5 HD 3.6-18 or that new Eotech 5-25 in the next year hopefully.

Magpul pic rail bipod is arriving today. I ordered one as a stopgap while I wait to see what Q's eventual offering looks like.

I have the SS 3-15 on mine as well, I think it is pretty solid at it's pricepoint, and agree that it's light. Can we get a pic of your setup w/ the short rail? I am debating picking one of them up for mine.

EDIT: nope.. I was wrong. Google changed their photo hosting hot linking permissions apparently :(

I've since updated the post with a new host:

TjLmJ0D.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: claytonm
That picture does have the short rail.

By short rail I meant the top picatinny rail. Not the entire handguard.

Sorry dude, I didn't think there was a pic attached to that post of yours I quoted. Maybe something's broken on my end though.

Had Billy Goat Machine build me up a 16" creedmoor shorty the other day. We did away with the lock nut and just put the extension on a shoulder.
I went with a Bartlein 2b and reused the muzzle break. Barrel with extension and break weighs 2.13lbs. Chamber end can be turned down as well as fluted and that would probably get me close to the 308 light wt barrell (2.4 lbs)

Did a quick test with factory honady 140eld. Velocity is around 2460fps and I will run some handloads through next week.
5 rounds at 100

and a 3 round test at 300yrds

Reactions: Akdodge88