• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

I guess I’m having a hard time understanding the lack of production output from Q. Can I read between the lines that they are relying solely on Kevin’s Remington money to fund this “startup”? As a business owner I can understand the reluctance to give up equity but I also understand cash flows and deliverables. I’m still excited to get my hands on a rifle but I hope the pyramid production scheme doesn’t bite me in the ass if/when the money runs out. I wish them the best, I know firsthand how hard it is to operate an under-capitalized operation, but for fucks sake let’s get some product out the door! Their outsourcing model is obviously not keeping pace with demand, that demand may go away due to the production backlog and then you’re fucked!

Well...page 36 & 37 pretty much sums up why Kevin has not made any posts in this thread lately. He reminds me of another eccentric gun maker that has great products but is an absolute tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: LongRangeJunky
307764EB-B9E0-4BD8-820C-E901A3287431.jpeg

Hello guys. New member here and I’ve had my fix for about a month now and am just now starting to break it in and working on improving my groupings. So far no complaints from me and I noticed that the bolt slide and lift has gotten much smoother after initial break in and a few drops of CLP.

Has anyone run a non taper muzzle device on a Fix?

Be it a brake or can on the tapered barrel WITHOUT the adapter?

Has anyone run a non taper muzzle device on a Fix?

Be it a brake or can on the tapered barrel WITHOUT the adapter?

So I've screwed on another can without taper adapter and used a geissele .30 cal alignment rod and it checked out just fine. I only did this out of curiosity and did not fire it. Some data for you though.

I've been running a sico hybrid on mine direct thread. Of course mines a 6.5 and even with the 30cal endcap it would have to be way off to have a strike.

I got a taper ring to be safe. But now that I got my thunder chicken I don’t need it.

I think the biggest concern is something backing off

Anyone have a phone to reach customer service at Q? I’ve been trying to reach them via email with no luck.

Thanks

I got a taper ring to be safe. But now that I got my thunder chicken I don’t need it.

I think the biggest concern is something backing off
Not really. A direct thread can or muzzle device is going to hit that shoulder and sort of wedge against it just like their suppressor mount design. It's less likely to back off than a square shoulder. You just can't time it with shims.

Thank you folks. I’m going to give it a go without anything.

My Fix landed in Birmingham, England yesterday. Sadly the state department refused the export permit for the Trash panda.

I didn’t think about the taper.

I have bought a moderator from New Zealand. It’s 3D printed and made from inconel. Also has a Taper in the right place on the muzzle device.

My Fix landed in Birmingham, England yesterday. Sadly the state department refused the export permit for the Trash panda.

I have bought a moderator from New Zealand. It’s 3D printed and made from inconel. Also has a Taper in the right place on the muzzle device.

What kind of hoops do you have to jump through to aquire/own a rifle?

You guys are allowed suppressors?

What kind of hoops do you have to jump through to aquire/own a rifle?
You guys are allowed suppressors?

U.K. residents can apply for a firearms certificate for several reasons. The most common are hunting and target shooting.

For hunting you have to prove you have permission from a land owner to hunt. Depending on the animals available you can pretty much get any bolt action calibre up to .30 cal magnums. It’s down to the applicant to justify good reason for any hunting firearm.

For target shooting you have to be a member of a home office approved club. Each range has it own set of rules and calibre limits. However any club is open to everyone without criminal convictions. As long as they meet the criteria and follow the simple rules you can own pretty much any calibre that is a single person firearm. We have the 50 cal owners club of Great Britain.

The only semi auto we can have is .22 rimfire. Shorted barrel length on any firearm is 12” with an over all minimum length of 24”.

Once the criteria is met submit an application through the police force that covers your home address. They do back ground checks and as long as you aren’t a criminal you will be granted a license. They have to be renewed every 5 years.

As for suppressors. They are granted in the same way as any firearm and go on the license as an individual item.

What I can’t get over is the fact I can buy the Fix rifle and have it exported but a silencer is banned from being exported. The rifle is far more dangerous. But that’s the rules and I have to get over it.

Check out Oceaniadefence.com who made the silencer I have bought from New Zealand. The Ti model is only 6oz.
I am going for the inconel model that is 10.7oz but has amazing heat conducting properties and has a better tone to the noise suppression.

I’m just waiting for the Fix to clear customs and then pay the tax before I get to handle it at long last.

I believe the suppressors can't be exported because of ITAR concerns (some ISIS turds have been killed, and American suppressors have been recovered off their bodies) over them being used against our troops. Once they leave the US, they can't be tracked to prevent this, so the solution was to just not allow exportation.

I believe the suppressors can't be exported because of ITAR concerns (some ISIS turds have been killed, and American suppressors have been recovered off their bodies) over them being used against our troops. Once they leave the US, they can't be tracked to prevent this, so the solution was to just not allow exportation.

I had to sign end user agreements for the rifle under ITAR. The argument is completely flawed. I’m sure DAISH (Isis) have also been killed and US made guns recovered. I fail to see how a suppressor is more dangerous than the gun.

I don’t want to sound like a jerk. Please refer to Isis as DAISH. There is no Islamic state, the followers want there to be but it will never be recognised by the west. It really upsets the followers when it’s used and is the word used by British intelligence/government use. If we support it’s wider use it’s one more finger to them.

Reactions: Bender
I've been running a sico hybrid on mine direct thread. Of course mines a 6.5 and even with the 30cal endcap it would have to be way off to have a strike.

I am running a sico saker 762 on mine with plan b and direct onto the cherry bomb. went through 60 rounds with no striking issues

LOL! Oh, I hear you on the DAISH comment. Don't get me started. :)

As to the ITAR thing, I think is also has to do with some of the newer designs that has the US government concerned (baffle-less and/or open designs specifically). Whether it makes sense or not...well, it's the government. Whether it be the US government or the UK Parliament. it rarely makes sense.

Reactions: Scotch_egg
U.K. residents can apply for a firearms certificate for several reasons. The most common are hunting and target shooting.

For hunting you have to prove you have permission from a land owner to hunt. Depending on the animals available you can pretty much get any bolt action calibre up to .30 cal magnums. It’s down to the applicant to justify good reason for any hunting firearm.

For target shooting you have to be a member of a home office approved club. Each range has it own set of rules and calibre limits. However any club is open to everyone without criminal convictions. As long as they meet the criteria and follow the simple rules you can own pretty much any calibre that is a single person firearm. We have the 50 cal owners club of Great Britain.

The only semi auto we can have is .22 rimfire. Shorted barrel length on any firearm is 12” with an over all minimum length of 24”.

Once the criteria is met submit an application through the police force that covers your home address. They do back ground checks and as long as you aren’t a criminal you will be granted a license. They have to be renewed every 5 years.

As for suppressors. They are granted in the same way as any firearm and go on the license as an individual item.

What I can’t get over is the fact I can buy the Fix rifle and have it exported but a silencer is banned from being exported. The rifle is far more dangerous. But that’s the rules and I have to get over it.

Check out Oceaniadefence.com who made the silencer I have bought from New Zealand. The Ti model is only 6oz.
I am going for the inconel model that is 10.7oz but has amazing heat conducting properties and has a better tone to the noise suppression.

I’m just waiting for the Fix to clear customs and then pay the tax before I get to handle it at long last.
That’s cool that you can buy suppressors. Lucky.
NZ has some awesome suppressor technology and super light weight products. Just wish I could own some of them.

That’s cool that you can buy suppressors. Lucky.
NZ has some awesome suppressor technology and super light weight products. Just wish I could own some of them.
It would be awesome to see what kind of super light suppressors we could have it we weren't so concerned with service life with the cost and hassle to get them.

Quick questions. Does the 16" 308 pair well with trash panda or thunder children? Thanks

LOL! Oh, I hear you on the DAISH comment. Don't get me started. :)

As to the ITAR thing, I think is also has to do with some of the newer designs that has the US government concerned (baffle-less and/or open designs specifically). Whether it makes sense or not...well, it's the government. Whether it be the US government or the UK Parliament. it rarely makes sense.

I thought it was spelled Douché or is it daesh?

I received a package from Mr. Tooley today. A 17” Fix barrel and a barrel for my AI. Both look fantastic. Dave has been great to work with on every one of the transactions I’ve had with him. Do not hesitate to reach out to him for your next Fix barrel.
BDD262C1-3056-46B8-AF7E-63153D8A250F.jpeg

Both should work. Thunder chicken is longer therefor more bigger chamber for more sound suppression

The reason i asked is because i'm not sure if trash panda is able to handle a 16' 308, may be in the long run. Also, may be it's not hearing safe or right around the edge of being heard safe

The reason i asked is because i'm not sure if trash panda is able to handle a 16' 308, may be in the long run. Also, may be it's not hearing safe or right around the edge of being heard safe
I run the trash panda on my 16" 308 fix rifle and the sound suppression is good. I roll my own 178 gr ELD-X loads that are a little hot and still think it is hearing safe. If you want the best, go with the Thunder Chicken. I prefer the lighter weight myself.

I run the trash panda on my 16" 308 fix rifle and the sound suppression is good. I roll my own 178 gr ELD-X loads that are a little hot and still think it is hearing safe. If you want the best, go with the Thunder Chicken. I prefer the lighter weight myself.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, 178 is prettt hot round, no doubt it will be hearing safe. Have you shot with with 145ish? If so, how does it sound?

Thanks

I received a package from Mr. Tooley today. A 17” Fix barrel and a barrel for my AI. Both look fantastic. Dave has been great to work with on every one of the transactions I’ve had with him. Do not hesitate to reach out to him for your next Fix barrel. View attachment 6986690

What the details for the muzzle threads? Tapered?

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, 178 is prettt hot round, no doubt it will be hearing safe. Have you shot with with 145ish? If so, how does it sound?

Thanks
I don't recall shooting anything less then 168s. I did shoot some 125 gr SST but they are a reduced load. I'll try to remember to take some 147 gr next time I head out to the range. (This weekend)

I reached out to Proof and they told me to go through Q.
I contacted Q about this a while back and they said it may be an option in the future, but they have higher priorities right now. I was thinking about just getting a 6.5 barrel from Proof and having a gunsmith swap my barrel extension from my current barrel..

Anyone have any advice on how I could get a 20" Proof 6.5 barrel rigged for the fix?

I just went through this myself, ordered a Proof 20" blank and sent it down to APA and Daniel called to tell me that a 1.20" cylinder won't work in the Q and it has to be 1.15" max. But without taking my rifle apart it seems my factory proof barrel measures 1.20. I have a 6.5 Creed Proof takeoff barrel showing up some time this week and I'll measure that, but I doubt APA is wrong considering the Jered and Kevin are good friends and they have the prints and stuff.

It pretty much looks like we're stuck with what Proof makes in 1.13" which raises more questions to me. My 6mm Creedmoor rifle is a 26" and Proof doesn't even list a 1.13" 26" 6mm blank, they don't list any 1.13" 26" blanks, only 24". The 308 and 6.5 Creed come 24" but the 6mm Creed and 260 come 260, so how is that happening?

I wish something would work because I REALLY want a 20" 6.5 Creedmoor proof blank.

What type of bore guide are you all using to clean The Fix?

I'm just using a standard bore guide. I've got one of those cheap Tipton bench cradles and I'm able to position the rifle in it so that the rear cradle is behind the action and I'm able to use the front side of the cradle to hold the portion of the guide rod that drops down into the bolt handle recess. It works well enough and doesn't move due to the rubberized material on the cradle.

That said I did go ahead and order some Bore Tech bore guides last night and I got some custom .900" collars to perfectly fit the Q action to keep it centered so that all the cradle has to do is hold it forward in the chamber. That still doesn't solve the issue of the lack of a bolt handle recess.

The ideal bore guide would be a possum hollow style since it wouldn't depend on a bolt handle recess, but I didn't even bother calling them because I know from experience that begging companies to take my money and make a new product that myself and others would buy almost always falls on deaf ears.

I am debating what the ideal hunting barrel would be. I am thinking 16-18 in in either a 7mm chamber or 308. I am curious as to how much lighter it would be over the 22in stock barrel

In another subject I am getting bad performance out of eld x in my creed. Going right through... have heard multiple people with creeds talking about it. May switch to a different bullet

I am debating what the ideal hunting barrel would be. I am thinking 16-18 in in either a 7mm chamber or 308. I am curious as to how much lighter it would be over the 22in stock barrel

In another subject I am getting bad performance out of eld x in my creed. Going right through... have heard multiple people with creeds talking about it. May switch to a different bullet

It has something to do with the design of the projectiles because I have been reading about this issue for a while and its in multiple calibers and weights. I have had both no expansion or explosive expansion similar to varmint bullet out of different types of plastic tipped bullets.

Yeah I shot 3 deer this season with the 143g ELDX bullet and they all went straight through. It’s not a huge problem with good shot placement but shit happens and big holes make better blood trails and faster kills. My favorite hunting bullets are Barnes TTSX or Hornady GMX. They’re generally just more expensive and don’t have the greatest BC’s

I shot a goat @ 300 yards with a 143x, mushroomed perfectly (all petals expanded, to ~ 3-4x dia) and was logged on far should - out of a Fix. Performed perfectly. Goat went ~ 10 yards.

Reactions: Akdodge88