• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

so this is very odd to me too...it seems like you have vertical issue but not horizontal. Only issues i can think of are velocity with ammo but the change would have to be big an inch spread. Given that its up and down that should rule out scope issues as it would be random.

As you already sent it back, not much hope in figuring out what is going on. I was a bit surprised that there was not a group given with each rifle.

I got the blue case, but dont really need it
Sorry I thought I included this on the last message. The group I described was one group. The other groups using all ammo was left/right and vertically off from poa. Never consistent in any way except the last group I talked about in the previous post.

Man I wish mine was boring...
I have faith it'll get sorted out.

My SRS was the only bolt gun I had left and as heavy as it is I had gotten lazy with form and recoil control. The fix makes me work a little bit again. The 308 can only be more so.

Mine is #21 with a Proof 6mm Creedmoor and this is the 3 shots I fired yesterday to confirm zero and check cold bore after sitting fouled for a couple weeks. Barnes 95gr LRX over Varget in Starline brass with CCI 450 orimers.

Only 3 shot but judging m from previous groups that hole wouldn’t have gotten much bigger if I had sent 2 more.

Mine is #21 with a Proof 6mm Creedmoor and this is the 3 shots I fired yesterday to confirm zero and check cold bore after sitting fouled for a couple weeks. Barnes 95gr LRX over Varget in Starline brass with CCI 450 orimers.

Only 3 shot but judging m from previous groups that hole wouldn’t have gotten much bigger if I had sent 2 more.

Thats badass man.

That’s why I want one. If I’m gonna pay the same price, give me the high end barrel that no one has complained about. I’ve seen complaints about the 16 308 and the non-B/T 6.5s but I haven’t seen anyone lamenting their B/T 6.5 accuracy.
My only complaint about the 16” .308 is with the cherry bomb on the front end moves around way too much if I get lazy about recoil management.
I shoot it full time now with my Full nelson and it is much easier to control. If I do my part, any ammo I shoot has been .75-moa and less. When I get a little more money saved up, I’ll be hitting Mr. Tooley up for a 16”ish 6.5 barrel for hunting. I enjoy shooting my proof 6.5 barrel, but damn it’s long with the suppressor on there.

My only complaint about the 16” .308 is with the cherry bomb on the front end moves around way too much if I get lazy about recoil management.
I shoot it full time now with my Full nelson and it is much easier to control. If I do my part, any ammo I shoot has been .75-moa and less. When I get a little more money saved up, I’ll be hitting Mr. Tooley up for a 16”ish 6.5 barrel for hunting. I enjoy shooting my proof 6.5 barrel, but damn it’s long with the suppressor on there.

Have you found good Accuracy from the 6.5 proof? I bought one and am yet to shoot it. The length wasn’t ideal but all that was available when I bought mine. 20” would have been more desirable. What velocity have you managed?

If you guys have the 16 inch 308 . Try 125 gr Sst over 47.5 grains of H355 will give you 3000 FPS . It’s brutal on deer . We use it exclusively on a kill permit for state . Well over 100 deer taken since June. We are running 3 fixes and they all shoot a ragged hole with that load. Best of luck.

Reactions: Ernsky and jljr23
On a side note... Does anyone know of any type of panels for the non-mlok handguard?

The original hand guard is a proprietary setup from Q. I believe it's called Q-sert. They claim it has some crazy shear strength compared to MLOK, but so far I haven't been impressed with it's practicality. Your only option for accessories is from Q directly. I've got the two picatinny rail sections that came with the rifle, and I've ordered one of their sling swivels. The Q rail sections are only available in one length. Great for a bipod, but too short for a RRS dovetail mount (only two of the three screws can engage).

The Q-sert sling mount is garbage. It assumes that there's space inside the hand guard for the end of the swivel. I've got a pre-ordered rifle with a factory installed 24" Proof research barrel that has a greater OD than any of their steel barrel options. If I put Q's sling mount on the rail and then try to attach a sling, the QD swivel on my sling can't engage without pressing directly against the barrel. I'm currently using a Magpul product that attaches to the top rail and has a sling mount angled down at 45 degrees.

Reactions: Ernsky
Have you found good Accuracy from the 6.5 proof? I bought one and am yet to shoot it. The length wasn’t ideal but all that was available when I bought mine. 20” would have been more desirable. What velocity have you managed?
It was definitely longer than I wanted as well, but accuracy has been phenomenal. Even shooting the cheap American Eagle I’ve been able to shoot .5-.75” moa if I don’t get too confident and pull a shot. Not sure on velocities since I haven’t invested in a chronograph yet.

The Q-sert sling mount is garbage. It assumes that there's space inside the hand guard for the end of the swivel. I've got a pre-ordered rifle with a factory installed 24" Proof research barrel that has a greater OD than any of their steel barrel options. If I put Q's sling mount on the rail and then try to attach a sling, the QD swivel on my sling can't engage without pressing directly against the barrel. I'm currently using a Magpul product that attaches to the top rail and has a sling mount angled down at 45 degrees.

I found with the q-sert QD Mount placed as far forward as possible on the rail with my magpul QD sling would fit without touching the proof barrel, barely. I tried the Magpul QD Mount you have, but since I switched to a smaller top rail that isn’t an option anymore. The lack of accessories for the q-sert rail is definitely disappointing.

some people think its a recoil issue with the 308 causing the accuracy issues.

One other point is that hand loads will yield better results velocity wise as most production ammo is designed around longer barrels

I think the cherry bomb is useless. It does not really serve any purpose other than an attachment method for one of the Q suppressors. I also had issues with the muzzle jumping around so I switched it out to a traditional muzzle brake and now the rifle is much more manageable; stays on target.

Last edited:
Reactions: claytonm
I think the cherry bomb is useless. It does not really serve any purpose other than an attachment method for one of the Q suppressors. I also had issues with the muzzle jumping around so I switched it out to a traditional muzzle brake and now the rifle is much more manageable; stays on target.
The cherry bomb was definitely loud and did help reduce recoil, but since my suppressor is direct thread I pulled it off. I don’t shoot my fix without my suppressor now.

The cherry bomb was definitely loud and did help reduce recoil, but since my suppressor is direct thread I pulled it off. I don’t shoot my fix without my suppressor now.

the only gun i dont shot suppressed is my 30-30 cause i am too cheap to get it threaded and have the tube taken back. But the 6.5 is more enjoyable with the can because of the weight of the gun

Interestingly the 16in proof 308 barrel may be what i go to next after the creed barrel is toast

Last edited:
Just received in my email, offerings for 2019...of course I have to leave off the pricing. Sworn to secrecy....lol.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
the **** is a sugar weasel hahaha.... THIS TOTALLY CHANGES THINGS

EDIT: DO NOT. I REPEAT DO N O T google SUGAR WEASAL... It is an erotic male clown who dances naked... I learned something new today

Last edited:
So.... are people getting better accuracy from their "Q barrels" than the Bartlein barrels?

Thats what I have just recently been told. Can we start posting some groups with rifle/ammo specifics? Pics or it didn't happen?....
After swapping the stock pad for the limbsaver and swapping my scope/mount combo I was able to shoot my first sub .5" group with my Bartlein Tooley 6.5 barrel. The only thing holding the rifle back was that thin little pad that made it difficult to build up a position. Couldn't be happier with the rifle/barrel combo! 6 shots near bullseye, last three were after the final adjustments. Load is 147 eldm with 41.3 H4350 Starline lrp CCI 200's.Screenshot_20181231-180332.png

@JurrassicClark any feedback on the limbsaver mod? Has it helped? Any other photos of it all taken apart? Thanks
Worked out great! Sorry I have loctite on the fasteners but I will post all that I took on my phone the day I did it. Pretty simple, just had to open up the bottom square channel for the square nut. Let me know if there's anything specific I can take a photo of.

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_182300320.jpg
    IMG_20181231_182300320.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20181231_182227464.jpg
    IMG_20181231_182227464.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20181128_173108079.jpg
    IMG_20181128_173108079.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 128
Ok cool so it still folds when it’s flush. Thanks for trying this. I’m excited to do this mod! I bought a rifle today thanks to @Ernsky pointing me in the right direction. $2538 shipped to my FFL. Hell of a deal on a new/unfired 6.5 and while it’s not a B/T barrel, the 700 I saved can get me one! Then I’ll have two (I’ll keep one at 22 and one at 16.5)..

So now that I have one, theres a 308 and a 6.5 both with B/T barrels at the Cabela’s in lehi Utah. The 6.5 has been fired a bit. There’s lots of safe rash. They claim it’s new but I believe the manager got to run it a while because it’s definately not virgin. Didn’t scare me away. But anyway if anyone wants one they are there as of today. I was gonna buy the 6.5 but @Ernsky saved me 6-700 bucks

Anyone got a barrel or extension they want to let go of?

Last edited:
the only gun i dont shot suppressed is my 30-30 cause i am too cheap to get it threaded and have the tube taken back. But the 6.5 is more enjoyable with the can because of the weight of the gun

Interestingly the 16in proof 308 barrel may be what i go to next after the creed barrel is toast
Wait, where can I find a 16” proof barrel for the fix?

Just received in my email, offerings for 2019...of course I have to leave off the pricing. Sworn to secrecy....lol.

View attachment 6995319

Yes, please explain what the sugar weasel is. Also, I wish the jumbo shrimp was offered in a direct thread option....

Ok cool so it still folds when it’s flush. Thanks for trying this. I’m excited to do this mod! I bought a rifle today thanks to @Ernsky pointing me in the right direction. $2538 shipped to my FFL. Hell of a deal on a new/unfired 6.5 and while it’s not a B/T barrel, the 700 I saved can get me one! Then I’ll have two (I’ll keep one at 22 and one at 16.5)..

So now that I have one, theres a 308 and a 6.5 both with B/T barrels at the Cabela’s in lehi Utah. The 6.5 has been fired a bit. There’s lots of safe rash. They claim it’s new but I believe the manager got to run it a while because it’s definately not virgin. Didn’t scare me away. But anyway if anyone wants one they are there as of today. I was gonna buy the 6.5 but @Ernsky saved me 6-700 bucks

Yes sir, completely flush. Mine shipped new from euro optic and the barrel was all rashed up but oh well, the joys of buying online.
IMG_20181231_221047691.jpg
IMG_20181231_221043490.jpg

Reactions: RC556
Thanks @JurrassicClark thats just what I wanted to see with the stock.

I agree with txgunner I want to do the damage, but ultimately I would have bought it anyway. I guess it depends on the desperation level haha. If it was the only one I could find I’d have lived with it. But if it could be replaced then nope

I found with the q-sert QD Mount placed as far forward as possible on the rail with my magpul QD sling would fit without touching the proof barrel, barely. I tried the Magpul QD Mount you have, but since I switched to a smaller top rail that isn’t an option anymore. The lack of accessories for the q-sert rail is definitely disappointing.

Did you switch to a shorter top rail to accommodate your scope/scope covers?

I've tried the swivel mount in a few different orientations, and even on the other side of the rail (in case my hand guard is canted). In the last slot towards the front both slings I tried (a SAP and a FTW) had flush cups that hit the barrel. I think I've got a Magpul swivel in the garage. Worth giving that a shot.

Wait, where can I find a 16” proof barrel for the fix?

Yes, please explain what the sugar weasel is. Also, I wish the jumbo shrimp was offered in a direct thread option....

You would have to talk to tooly to see if there are barrel ext still. I thought I saw a 16in proof barrel blank on their site. Buy one and see if he can spin it up. Not sure if their is a weight savings but may be able to get a better profile

You would have to talk to tooly to see if there are barrel ext still. I thought I saw a 16in proof barrel blank on their site. Buy one and see if he can spin it up. Not sure if their is a weight savings but may be able to get a better profile

I think i asked about this before and the answer I got was you may actually get a slight weight increase with a 16" proof vs the original because the contour is so light. Should have more accuracy potential though.

So I am on Q's website this morning and the Fix has changed. MSRP is now 3299.00 with a 16.5 inch lightweight profile 6.5 or 308 and the 308 still has a proof 260 Rem or 16 B/T upgrade to make it 3499 or 3675....

edit: looks like everything went up.. Mini fix is now 2999 and the honey badger went up 200 bucks..

So I am on Q's website this morning and the Fix has changed. MSRP is now 3299.00 with a 16.5 inch lightweight profile 6.5 or 308 and the 308 still has a proof 260 Rem or 16 B/T upgrade to make it 3499 or 3675....

edit: looks like everything went up.. Mini fix is now 2999 and the honey badger went up 200 bucks..

Yep glad I got mine before all of that. When you have 4-6 month lead times, it's only a matter of time before they raise the prices.

Reactions: claytonm

Glad you could grab it man.
If you guys have the 16 inch 308 . Try 125 gr Sst over 47.5 grains of H355 will give you 3000 FPS . It’s brutal on deer . We use it exclusively on a kill permit for state . Well over 100 deer taken since June. We are running 3 fixes and they all shoot a ragged hole with that load. Best of luck.
What kind of groups are you getting with this load?

I'm not sure the Fix rifles are worth the kind of scratch they're asking for them. They are great rifles and all but not worth $3,500-$3,600.

Yea, great rifles and all but they are not worth that kind of scratch.

Yet they will sell every single one... I’ve looked for a while. I have seen 2 for sale used in the last few months. That should tell you something. You can’t deny the awesomeness of the engineering and out of the box thinking. While everyone else is doing some variant of the 700 action, this is awesome. And totally user friendly. And light. And accurate. What else can you ask for?

Yet they will sell every single one... I’ve looked for a while. I have seen 2 for sale used in the last few months. That should tell you something. You can’t deny the awesomeness of the engineering and out of the box thinking. While everyone else is doing some variant of the 700 action, this is awesome. And totally user friendly. And light. And accurate. What else can you ask for?

You are absolutley right, they can't make them fast enough. I'm biased because I paid dealer pricing versus full retail. You got a GREAT price on the one you bought!

They said they dont want to be there stuff to be constantly in stock. They have a high demand and they will lose a few customers as a results of this. But thats okay because i think you are right. They will sale them all and then they have more margin for to expand or R&D

Pic is on previous page .
I would be ok with those groups. I’m going to try that recipe when I get my rifle back. I started with 150gr and started working my way up. I thought the 1:10 would have prefered the heavier loads but I would like to try the 125 on whitetail if its as destructive as you say.

They said they dont want to be there stuff to be constantly in stock. They have a high demand and they will lose a few customers as a results of this. But thats okay because i think you are right. They will sale them all and then they have more margin for to expand or R&D
Really