• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

What’s interesting about the fix is I think the bolt dimensions give it the impression that’s it’s harder to lift. I thought mine was heavy lift (sub 50 serial). But when I tried my r700 it was about the same. It’s just the smaller bolt localized the force so it seemed like more
I had the same observation. Also to those with mag/feed issues, I've noticed that speed is a key factor in reducing those issues. Not that it doesn't still happen from time to time but way less binding when I'm moving fast'ish.

I had the same observation. Also to those with mag/feed issues, I've noticed that speed is a key factor in reducing those issues. Not that it doesn't still happen from time to time but way less binding when I'm moving fast'ish.

I used to be gentle with it. Now I use and abuse it. Rack the mag fast and be carful with asc mags. Not sure if it’s mine or all but it doesn’t feed as well

I own the Fix in 6.5. Got to shoot it last weekend, and have nothing but good things to say about it. Mine did not have any issues. No problems with bolt lift, no feed issues (used 10 round Magpul mags), and with factory ammo I was getting about 1 MOA without trying. 0.7 MOA if I was really on. Beautifully made rifle. Workmanship and quality are simply superior.

I would like to see a larger bolt knob, and a factory wider buttpad with recoil pad. But that is about it.

Don't know what the issue is with the Cherry Bomb or the Bottle Rocket. Seemed good enough, and I liked the taper mount ability with suppressor adaptor.

No, I don't work for the company. No, I do not know KB personally or any one else at Q. But I can appreciate a quality product.

I have no issues with KB's attitude. I did not pay him to be my friend. I am paying for a rifle.

Ephram M.

Picking up a 6.5 tomorrow with proof barrel. Excited to see it will shoot and will consider swapping barrels onto my current 308 and selling the other. Or maybe even keep both?

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
Oh shit, Kevin's here! Its y'all's big moment. Time to drop those panties and hop in line, ladies. Y'all know who y'all are... sitting at y'alls keyboards; eyes closed; mouths open... tongues flapping around :p. esw004 clearly gets dibs for freaking out and already liking every post. JohnnyPhaze... you're up next buddy.

And while we are on the topic of sucking.... that magwell... not good. The rifle feeds like shit. Looking at you @Kevin Brittingham

lol this really doesn’t bother me. Entertaining actually that you are this triggered by someone you never met: KB, myself or anyone else that you insult.

Picking up a 6.5 tomorrow with proof barrel. Excited to see it will shoot and will consider swapping barrels onto my current 308 and selling the other. Or maybe even keep both?
I’d say keep both. I have the 6.5 proof barrel and the 16” .308 barrel. The proof barrel is great for the range, but unwieldy to pack around for hunting, especially after installing my Full Nelson on the end of it. I really want to pick up a 16”-18” 6.5 barrel for hunting.

I’d say keep both. I have the 6.5 proof barrel and the 16” .308 barrel. The proof barrel is great for the range, but unwieldy to pack around for hunting, especially after installing my Full Nelson on the end of it. I really want to pick up a 16”-18” 6.5 barrel for hunting.

100%. I bought the 24" 6.5 Proof Fix and recently picked up a used .308 for an up close and personal bear hunt. Clarification: I'm switching barrels, not getting a second complete rifle.

I own the Fix in 6.5. Got to shoot it last weekend, and have nothing but good things to say about it. Mine did not have any issues. No problems with bolt lift, no feed issues (used 10 round Magpul mags), and with factory ammo I was getting about 1 MOA without trying. 0.7 MOA if I was really on. Beautifully made rifle. Workmanship and quality are simply superior.

I would like to see a larger bolt knob, and a factory wider buttpad with recoil pad. But that is about it.

Don't know what the issue is with the Cherry Bomb or the Bottle Rocket. Seemed good enough, and I liked the taper mount ability with suppressor adaptor.

No, I don't work for the company. No, I do not know KB personally or any one else at Q. But I can appreciate a quality product.

I have no issues with KB's attitude. I did not pay him to be my friend. I am paying for a rifle.

Ephram M.
Thanks for the support! Bolt knobs and Butt pads are coming this year.

Yet, order velocity continues to increase at an increasing rate... We are accessible thru email and social media. Do you call Amazon?
Unless, of course, I ask a question you don't feel like answering, then you just block

What mags do you guys recommend?
I run 10 and 20 round pmags and they are okay but reliability isn’t as consistent as I was expecting and I always run the bolt with authority and fast.

I have used the 10 round Magpul with good effect (as recommended by KB himself). I am also going to try the 10 round Lancer. I'll let you know how those work out.

Ephram M.

lol this really doesn’t bother me. Entertaining actually that you are this triggered by someone you never met: KB, myself or anyone else that you insult.

No one is triggered. Glad you are entertained. I find some of y'all pretty entertaining too. Its not personal. Seems like a win win

Reactions: TBO773
These last few pages have been very entertaining. KB has been telling it like it is...tell it back (fuck you back Kevin. Get off your ass and get the accessories out to your customers dick head). Don't be a pussy. Speaking of, where's the kool-aid drinker been?

These last few pages have been very entertaining. KB has been telling it like it is...tell it back (fuck you back Kevin. Get off your ass and get the accessories out to your customers dick head). Don't be a pussy. Speaking of, where's the kool-aid drinker been?

He could have drown in it. Kinda worried about him

Why wouldn’t you use the 308 for hunting? Out of a 16 I don’t think the creed has any real advantage over the 308

I wish there was a decent priced 308 barrel available. I was a bit bummed with kB said no to green mountain barrels. He did say 2 others coming on board, but when and price remain to be seen

Why wouldn’t you use the 308 for hunting? Out of a 16 I don’t think the creed has any real advantage over the 308

I wish there was a decent priced 308 barrel available. I was a bit bummed with kB said no to green mountain barrels. He did say 2 others coming on board, but when and price remain to be seen
I do use the 308 for hunting, and used it successfully this past deer season. Not sure if there would be an advantage ballistically between 308 or 6.5 for 16” barrels, but I like options.

The "pressure" of Q's growing success, while now receiving quality barrel work from reliable vendors, and managing an ever increasing order velocity? No, I'm cool.

Where’s that mug shot at again? That sure didn’t look, or sound, like success? IJS

I do use the 308 for hunting, and used it successfully this past deer season. Not sure if there would be an advantage ballistically between 308 or 6.5 for 16” barrels, but I like options.

If you have options make sure they don’t overlap or else you will find one just won’t get used.

My selection is as follows;

.308 16” for woods hunting with silencer short shots expected.

6.5CM 20” for hunting arable ground with silencer mid distance shots expected.

6.5CM 24” Proof Research Carbon for days
Without the silencer and range shooting when the higher muzzle velocity is an advantage.

100%. I bought the 24" 6.5 Proof Fix and recently picked up a used .308 for an up close and personal bear hunt. Clarification: I'm switching barrels, not getting a second complete rifle.

ouch for my wallet...I'm here debating on two complete rifles LOL....this is getting expensive

If you have options make sure they don’t overlap or else you will find one just won’t get used.

My selection is as follows;

.308 16” for woods hunting with silencer short shots expected.

6.5CM 20” for hunting arable ground with silencer mid distance shots expected.

6.5CM 24” Proof Research Carbon for days
Without the silencer and range shooting when the higher muzzle velocity is an advantage.

I'll put this into consideration. I was wanting the 6.5 proof one to be my hunting rifle.

Working on it. Thanks for the support. Fuck you back, again.

There will be an affordable option. I'm sensitive to pricing, that's why The Fix is only $3200

Where’s that mug shot at again? That sure didn’t look, or sound, like success? IJS
That is dumber than anything even that MidSouthCarolina guy types. Me being arrested, accused, or even dead doesn't take away past or current successes, or stop the future success of Q at this point.

Please troll Bill Gates and remind him how unsuccessful he is, according to your calibrated success meter. I bet he, like me, gives no fucks.

Attachments

• 4109Z8PEn8L.jpg
    4109Z8PEn8L.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: FMJ and Adam B

I agree. I love 308 and 6.5. I use both for hunting with 16" barrels. With good bullets, I don't notice much practical, terminal difference. That's just my experience.

Will be eating ramen for the rest of the month.

Another Q rifle to the closet

Attachments

• 46EC7B1B-6B4B-4931-8283-5D4BFD20BA75.jpeg
    46EC7B1B-6B4B-4931-8283-5D4BFD20BA75.jpeg
    531.9 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: Gotlag1789
I don't need to speak to on the phone to answer a question. What's your question?
Several months back you said a 8.6 suppressed/subsonic was quieter than a subsonic/suppressed 22. I had asked what the testing protocol was (becuase that is obviously a hell of a claim). You interpretted that as me questioning enviroment, sound equipment, etc. Im asking what the 22 was (platform, barrel legnth, ammo & can) vs the 8.6 (platform, barrel length, bullet & can).

That is dumber than anything even that MidSouthCarolina guy types. Me being arrested, accused, or even dead doesn't take away past or current successes, or stop the future success of Q at this point.

Please troll Bill Gates and remind him how unsuccessful he is, according to your calibrated success meter. I bet he, like me, gives no fucks.

Seriously. Thats even dumber than those cretins who were convinced to get AAC tattoos. At least it makes them easy to spot when you are out looking for them ? ??

But seriously KB, get the fuck off the internet and start making some damn barrels. Some poor guy just had to buy a whole new rifle to get a 6.5 barrel... might be good for your $$ but thats bullshit. You're sandbagging this shit.

Last edited:
Seriously. Thats even dumber than those cretins who were convinced to get AAC tattoos. At least it makes them easy to spot when you are out looking for them ? ??

But seriously KB, get the fuck off the internet and start making some damn barrels. Some poor guy just had to buy a whole new rifle to get a 6.5 barrel... might be good for your $$ but thats bullshit. You're sandbagging this shit.
GO tighten your scope.

Several months back you said a 8.6 suppressed/subsonic was quieter than a subsonic/suppressed 22. I had asked what the testing protocol was (becuase that is obviously a hell of a claim). You interpretted that as me questioning enviroment, sound equipment, etc. Im asking what the 22 was (platform, barrel legnth, ammo & can) vs the 8.6 (platform, barrel length, bullet & can).
Silencerco micro osprey or sparrow on any pistol.

Lol....”poor” I am not

Sorry, we will not be openly supply barrel extensions. They will only be supplied to select barrel makers.

You said they would be open sourced? What’s the issue? Kinda like all the other promises
Yet, order velocity continues to increase at an increasing rate... We are accessible thru email and social media. Do you call Amazon?

There was no bait and switch. That is a forum lie. Everyone that ordered while guns were advertised with B/T barrels received those barrels, even though we had to rework every single 308 barrel that they ever produced.

Bullshit!!

@DAVETOOLEY

Telling the truth is not Trolling!!

Reactions: rwest309
You said they would be open sourced? What’s the issue? Kinda like all the other promises

Bullshit!!

@DAVETOOLEY

I never stated extensions would be opened sourced. What other promises?

It's absolute 100% fact. All B/T .308 barrels had to be reworked at Q, by Q. DT knows it. He can post pics of barrels we returned to him for he sub-par chamber work, if he wants to stick his pee in this thread some more.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY@DANGER CLOSE
Always Be Conerned Delineating Existentiality For Golddiggers, Haters, Inebreated Jokers, Kindled Little Men Noisily Opening Psychotomimetic “Q” Rifle’s Silly Tantrums Unappreciated Vanity Withheld Xenophobic, Yuppifying Zombification.

I don’t know what this means, but I love my Fix by Q. Kevin, thank you for being vain enough to create something new. In that sense, the world needs more like you.

@Kevin Brittingham

First off, I am glad you are enjoying the "Q Fix" thread on here, and the fact it's 65 pages and still going says a lot. Now by a lot, I am not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing with you coming on here late at night and attacking pretty much everyone and everything you can.

To start,
I was pretty happy to you see you on here talking about the Fix and your work through Q. As I have mentioned, I like the idea behind the Fix and feel it's a good platform based on my limited interactions with it. With this in mind, we had a very brief conversation on here about me coming to the shop for a bit more in-depth background on all of it. Unfortunately, life and work got in the way and I have not been able to follow up. But that is not the whole story, I can be considered a casual fan, and then all this happened:

I was told about you going on the late night rants and attacking pretty much everyone. Yes, like all social media there trolls out there and defending yourself can be hard when people feel their anonymous account is the perfect shield to throw shade your way. We do our best to keep people from attacking companies like yours, but man this thread makes it hard on several levels. When you feed the trolls, you get more coming back for seconds and even thirds. For this reason, we try to make sure everyone knows if the report button is used, we will respond and remove the trolls from crapping on popular threads. This is also a key element for me, I have not followed this thread and while we may see it is moving, we really dont have any idea what kind of movement we are seeing.

Then I get wind you are constantly going off on Bartlein and Dave Tooley who both happen to be personal friends of mine. Sure Dave is more of an acquaintance through the industry, but Tracy and Company I have a pretty long and personal relationship with. So now we have a company acting like a troll to another company which puts me in a very difficult position. My first instinct is to just delete the entire thread. But 65 pages is a lot of eyes, and I feel there has to be some benefit to all involved. But you're saying a lot of untrue stuff about Bartlien and the work by Dave Tooley. There is more to this story and I think it would cast a very different light on the attacks if people knew that side of it. Let's be honest, this is not about the quality of Tracy's Barrels, we all know they are the gold standard when it comes to precision rifle accuracy, and yes they are the SH Favorites. I default to Bartlein barrels over any other.

Before you think my phone is blowing up, it's not, but I was recently made of aware of this and went back to read it and see for myself. It's a bit worse than I was lead to believe and now you have me in a bad position.

As a courtesy to someone within this industry, I suggest you stand down on here. If you want to discuss; You, your company, your products, that is no problem at all. However if you are gonna personally attack friends of mine, it will all have to go. I will lock this up, with a note, explaining why I am stopping the conversation, with backstories so people know it's not all as it appears. We get it, there are 3 sides to every story, but we also have a 3rd party moderator who has judged on the differences of opinions here if you want to call it that. We can discuss that part of the conflict too, but I would rather not given the choice.

Do us a favor, stick to your lane, leave the personal attacks off the board. If guys won't follow suit, report it, and I will give them a time out. It's my one offer, in public to stand this BS down. If we are just gonna throw shade back and forth as your only method to justify your decisions, it's not gonna fly on here. When the parties are put on the scale, one side outweighs the other, and that is just how it goes. Full disclosure here, I am on Team Bartlein.

Make my decisions easy, take heart the offer and let's continue without attacking friends of mine. They are not gonna come on here and respond to you, so let's knock it off.

I am not above locking it, but it's a direction I would rather not go.

Last edited:
After 11 long months of waiting, I just picked up my Fix from the FFL this morning :) Can't wait till the weekend. Already have a box of 6.5 Creedmoor rounds loaded up for a ladder test.

I'm pretty sure that the feeling I had this morning when I put it in the safe and rushed to work is the same sense of separation that new mothers have the first time they give their baby to a daycare provider.

Attachments

• 20190423_115611 - Copy.jpg
    20190423_115611 - Copy.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 120
Itching to shoot my Fix and get my own opinion of it. I am curious if anyone has done a side by side accuracy comparison between the green mountain and Bartlein barrels.

Attachments

• DD453CAA-2A96-4E5C-A31D-19D295D485EB.jpeg
    DD453CAA-2A96-4E5C-A31D-19D295D485EB.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 683D41A2-A2B9-4B19-BB02-6F8749F89759.jpeg
    683D41A2-A2B9-4B19-BB02-6F8749F89759.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 4FBAF2E9-A107-4EBB-8934-D31C84943B65.jpeg
    4FBAF2E9-A107-4EBB-8934-D31C84943B65.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 124
Itching to shoot my Fix and get my own opinion of it. I am curious if anyone has done a side by side accuracy comparison between the green mountain and Bartlein barrels.

I too had reservations about a Green Mountain barrel on a 3000 dollar rifle. After 200 rounds to settle in and a good handload, I feel it has proven itself with accuracy and velocity consistency. Can’t speak for long term fouling but I haven’t touched mine since round 20.

A Bartlein would certainly be preferred, but I don’t feel handicapped by the Green Mountain in this application.

Reactions: Sjc141