• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

bugger I missed the most important part. Even put an order in for the 18” barrel with a store and wasn’t told it isn’t even available.

Kind of a weird omission I think. They exist throughout their line. You could always just go custom steel. Weight would be near identical, you’d just miss out on the Pimp factor of carbon.

Here’s what I show for their carbon 6mm blanks. I’ll do a 16.5”. 1.5” shorter than an 18” won’t mean anything on target imo.
D999E51E-A23D-4085-A949-E76F212B8C0E.jpeg

Reactions: Scotch_egg
Kind of a weird omission I think. They exist throughout their line. You could always just go custom steel. Weight would be near identical, you’d just miss out on the Pimp factor of carbon.

Here’s what I show for their carbon 6mm blanks. I’ll do a 16.5”. 1.5” shorter than an 18” won’t mean anything on target imo.
View attachment 7101914

16.5 it is then. I want the 6mm for fox amd
Small deer here in the U.K.

Got my Lancer mag today and still has feeding issues when moving the bolt slow. Going to try the velcro trick next.
Gotta run the bolt, unless you’re trying to be quiet on a stalk, push the back of the magazine forward then push the bolt forward slowly. Should work

Gotta run the bolt, unless you’re trying to be quiet on a stalk, push the back of the magazine forward then push the bolt forward slowly. Should work

Requiring a "user manual" to operate a bolt action is a fail. If after over 100 years of bolt action technology it doesn't work in a foolproof manner 100% of the time then the design needs to be corrected.

I love my Fix but this issue should be acknowledged and (pardon the pun) fixed.

Requiring a "user manual" to operate a bolt action is a fail. If after over 100 years of bolt action technology it doesn't work in a foolproof manner 100% of the time then the design needs to be corrected.

I love my Fix but this issue should be acknowledged and (pardon the pun) fixed.
I agree but also disagree. Run it with authority and have no issue, it was designed and marketed as a utility rifle. If i came into it expecting buttery smooth Surgeon, I’d be disappointed too.

Being smooth or not is subjective and not an indicator of a design flaw. Having the rifle mis-feed in a repeatable manner confirmed by multiple people on this thread is a design or manufacturing issue.

What if your car engine were to shut down if you press the accelerator too slow? It would be intolerable and the manufacturer would issue a fix / recall.

We seem to tolerate this because we have some form of emotional investment in our firearms and buyers confirmation bias.

Being smooth or not is subjective and not an indicator of a design flaw. Having the rifle mis-feed in a repeatable manner confirmed by multiple people on this thread is a design or manufacturing issue.

What if your car engine were to shut down if you press the accelerator too slow? It would be intolerable and the manufacturer would issue a fix / recall.

We seem to tolerate this because we have some form of emotional investment in our firearms and buyers confirmation bias.
That last sentence is very true. I guess we will just have to wait see if there will be a remedy

Reactions: Rootshot
I don’t want to have to regulate hand speed in order to make the rifle work. This isn’t a situation like “limp wristing” a pistol. What is odd is that Q actually shared a review video recently on social media and the reviewer even mentioned this very problem.

Reactions: Sjc141
I don’t want to have to regulate hand speed in order to make the rifle work. This isn’t a situation like “limp wristing” a pistol. What is odd is that Q actually shared a review video recently on social media and the reviewer even mentioned this very problem.
He mentioned that very problem along with the solution and wasn't really complaining about it.......

He mentioned that very problem along with the solution and wasn't really complaining about it.......

Correct. The solution being a strip of velcro as a shim on a $3k rifle. He said he didn’t have that specific issue with the 308. Seems to be more the 6.5.

I love this rifle and won’t let this issue take away from that. Period. However, I don’t think I agree with “well just slap a piece of velcro on and it SHOULD be fine” answer.

Buy a car and you find out in order for your doors to latch and lock you have to slam them shut with the correct amount of force. I don’t think many people would be fine with just tossing some velcro in the door jam.

Tried the velcro and A) the velcro didn’t want to stay in place and B) didn’t seem to overly help. Feels like the casing keeps getting stuck on the lip of the feed ramp. There is a lot of play forward and back with the mag. Just seems odd. I may just have to get a hold of Q after the the 4th to see what they will do.

Talked to Dave Tooley today about getting a 6mm Creedmoor made the same profile as the 308 and he let me know he had 20" 6.5 Creedmoor in stock with the same skinny profile as the 308 barrel. He also said that he is doing a Barlein order for The Fix. So if you want a barrrel, hit him up.

Are you just babying it 24/7? I can only replicate the issue if I go slow and try to get it to lock up....if you run the bolt with any authority it works fine.

I’m going to spend a significant amount of time over the next week just cycling the gun. I haven’t shot a bolt rifle in years and didn’t shoot one a whole lot then so maybe I need to work on my technique rather than blame the gun. If after the week I still have issues I will see if I can’t have Q look at it.

Considering cutting down my 22" 6.5 creed B/T barrel down to 16.5". Is this blasphemy? I don't have many places to push the rifle past 500, let alone 1000.

Considering cutting down my 22" 6.5 creed B/T barrel down to 16.5". Is this blasphemy? I don't have many places to push the rifle past 500, let alone 1000.

I did it and have never looked back. Got hits on steel out to 1500

Talked to Dave Tooley today about getting a 6mm Creedmoor made the same profile as the 308 and he let me know he had 20" 6.5 Creedmoor in stock with the same skinny profile as the 308 barrel. He also said that he is doing a Barlein order for The Fix. So if you want a barrrel, hit him up.
What’s he going to do for barrel extensions? I thought he was all out....

What’s he going to do for barrel extensions? I thought he was all out....

I'm not sure about the Bartlein order he is making but for my barrel I will have to send it to Q for the extension. I'm still waiting on the response from Q for the price but they said it should take about a week to do. Apparently KB didn't inform the person I was emailing that this was an option so be aware of that. When I hear back from Q I will post the details of getting the extension installed.

I'm going to do a 16" 6mm creedmoor with the same outer dimensions as the B/T 308 barrel. I think think this will be a very handy light recoiling rifle for hunting down here in GA and should still be able to reach out quite a bit.

Reactions: rydah
I'm not sure about the Bartlein order he is making but for my barrel I will have to send it to Q for the extension. I'm still waiting on the response from Q for the price but they said it should take about a week to do. Apparently KB didn't inform the person I was emailing that this was an option so be aware of that. When I hear back from Q I will post the details of getting the extension installed.

I'm going to do a 16" 6mm creedmoor with the same outer dimensions as the B/T 308 barrel. I think think this will be a very handy light recoiling rifle for hunting down here in GA and should still be able to reach out quite a bit.

I’m sure KB said it would be $300 for the extension and fitting.

ETA: not fired since cut down

What am I looking at here? Looks like the rifling distorts in to the barrel. Is this CHF?
IMG_20190628_100227759.jpg

What am I looking at here? Looks like radial rings on the lands and groves. CHF? I've never noticed this.
IMG_20190628_102631807.jpg

I've got a couple hundred rounds through it max, probably 140+/-

I thought it was shooting fine with 120amax, around 1", little over with a couple anomalies.
They don't shoot great on my DT either.
Shot a little better with 140, just under 1"
This was my first outing, I assumed I would improve with trigger time.

Recently, couldn't shoot a group with 143 eldx or 127 lrx. Like 1.5-2moa. I wasn't having a great range day overall though.

I had it cut to 20" and changed the muzzle to work with the device I've eyeballed and already dedicated other muzzles to, was just looking at this souvenir and noticed the strange features.

Last edited:
I am reasonably sure I am going to cut my 22in creed down to 16.5 as opposed to buying a new barrel. I hope over the next year or so more barrels start pushing the price down.

A professional has explained the rings are reamer marks from the initial barrel blank manufacturing, that survive further processing.

Still curious but I'm guessing the lines from the lands are from the rifling process..

The new blast deflector looks great! Looking forward to its release Monday. If your still looking for a name, I suggest
Master Blaster
The Dictator
And Chester Copperpot

Just food for thought. This weekend We chrono'd an 18" 6.5CM Barrett Fieldcraft and a 21" Barrett Fieldcraft both with 140gr ELD-M 41.7gr of 4350. The 18" avg was 2623 the 21" was 2680. For me personally I would have bought a 16" if it were available.

ETA: not fired since cut down

What am I looking at here? Looks like the rifling distorts in to the barrel. Is this CHF?
View attachment 7102991
What am I looking at here? Looks like radial rings on the lands and groves. CHF? I've never noticed this.
View attachment 7102992

I've got a couple hundred rounds through it max, probably 140+/-

I thought it was shooting fine with 120amax, around 1", little over with a couple anomalies.
They don't shoot great on my DT either.
Shot a little better with 140, just under 1"
This was my first outing, I assumed I would improve with trigger time.

Recently, couldn't shoot a group with 143 eldx or 127 lrx. Like 1.5-2moa. I wasn't having a great range day overall though.

I had it cut to 20" and changed the muzzle to work with the device I've eyeballed and already dedicated other muzzles to, was just looking at this souvenir and noticed the strange features.

That looks like button rifling chatter. Which barrel is that? I've never seen a hand lapped Bart look like that.

Reactions: Huskydriver
If this is a 6.5mm, Bartlein typically does not make a 6 groove in a 6.5 caliber. My first guess is that is a button barrel considering the perpendicular rings, but but made by whom? Only Q may know.

Anyone know if the Fix requires a “308” AR grip or if a regular AR grip? Looking at the MIAD 1.1 most likely.

I was under the impression that AR10s and AR15s utilize the same grips. I put an Ergo AR15 grip on my Fix. I would avoid grips with extended beavertails as I wouldn't be confident that they would fit properly.

So I bought a Lancer mag to see if the wiggle / feed issues get better..... Nope. Here's a video showing the degree of wiggle.

@Kevin Brittingham - please give us an official Q position on this problem.

Another challenge is that the nose of rounds appears to hit the barrel (not the extension) at the chamber chamfer. The tip getting hung up here is why people are advocating forceful cycling of the bolt. Chamber the same round a few times and examine the tip for damage. For rounds with low neck tension, I would also suspect that the bullet is being recessed into the case reducing OAL.

ezgif-5-15d4ec3a68ff.gif

Last edited:
So I bought a Lancer mag to see if the wiggle / feed issues get better..... Nope. Here's a video showing the degree of wiggle.

@Kevin Brittingham - please give us an official Q position on this problem.

Another challenge is that the nose of rounds appears to hit the barrel (not the extension) at the chamber chamfer. The tip getting hung up here is why people are advocating forceful cycling of the bolt. Chamber the same round a few times and examine the tip for damage. For rounds with low neck tension, I would also suspect that the bullet is being recessed into the case reducing OAL.

View attachment 7110982

Pretty much exactly what mine does. The lancer actual looks tighter than a Larue or 20rd KAC. With those the bullet tips actually hit below the feed ramp and will not chamber no matter how hard and fast you cycle it..... Without the Velcro strip in the magwell. I really only use the 10rd Kac with it and they're much better luckily.