• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Future of Equip. Operators?

Re: The Future of Equip. Operators?

Amazing ! He's really good.

Awesome!!!more kids ought to get to play with real toys!! did you see the little smile on that kid's face..He loves that! noone is making him do that!!! Love the hair cut!!!
I would like to get him a pair of carharts and some good work boots!! then he would be BOSS!

unless you owned every stitch of that equipment and that was your own kid.. In the USA....someone would go to jail for child endangerment labor laws or some stupid shit!!!!
Started my kids out on tractors at age 6-7 raking hay... one neighbor about had a stroke!

Let's see: just bought a backhoe and the critters are now 9 1/2 months old...

Soon, soon.

I manage a landfill send em my way at 6 I could use some good operators

Pretty impressive for a kid. He just needs to check before backing up tho.

Chinese Child labor win.

So if this kid starts saving now, he can own his own car and house by the time he is out of middle school. Nice

Not suprising just sad that children are exploited that badly and we encourage it.

If more kids in America had a work ethic like this we might not be in the shape we are in. Rather kids these days rot behind a video game. Shit I was mowing the lawn with the rider when I was that old. Nobody got injured and I had a lot of fun.

You didnt grow up in Nebraska did you
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hrsuhd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You didnt grow up in Nebraska did you
wink.gif
</div></div>

I was gonna say sort of the same thing. Trying being the one male child growing up on a farm.

Whats so special about that?

Thought this happens all the time over there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stranded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not suprising just sad that children are exploited that badly and we encourage it. </div></div>

Well sadly I couldn't load the video so I am taking a stab in the dark a bit here. Judging by some of my peers statements it is basically a kid running a piece of equipment excavator/backhoe etc.

Are you saying instilling work ethic in a child is exploitation? Help me out here cause I am a bit unclear on your comment. So how long should he sit in front of a TV before he is properly raised and is ready for the real world. How is that brand of child rearing working out for us here in the USofA?
You would have had my parents locked up I bet. So learning a skill is child exploitation? When I was a kid at 7 I was pouring lead joints in cast iron pipe, how's that for child endangerment? Do you think I wanted to do that? Your damn right I did. I am one of the few men my age that still knows the art of pouring lead joints in cast iron. Still have Daddy's old tools, joint runner and some oakum. I know, I know, bad for the environment, not withstanding the fact that water never touched the lead, as anyone who has an uneducated opinion would never know. Also one of the best most secure ways to join cast iron pipe.
Sweating copper by the time I was ten. Running a Rigid 1500 sewer machine by 12, as well by this time my muscles had filled in nicely and also digging water/sewer line ditches with a shovel. Could handle a Milwaukee Hole Hog running a 3-5/8" selfeed bit by the age of 15.
Built barns, throwed hay, fed and watered 100 laying hens every day, learned to be a farmer, plumber and a poet by the ripe old age of 17.
There were plenty of times as a kid I didn't want to be working, sure. But kids aren't suposed to get to do what they want. If I could have one more day to spend with my late father and I had to spend that day digging ditches with him in VA clay I'd take it. One of the last things he said to me on his death bed...."Proud of you son."
Yeah, I am glad I was exploited as a child.

You would think it would be obvious to people what is wrong with our kids today. I guess it's not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stranded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not suprising just sad that children are exploited that badly and we encourage it. </div></div>
I'm not going to comment on whether or not I think it's exploitation of children or not.
Yes, they can control the environment so he has no backing incidents, or slight mishaps.
Is all it takes is one rock, small berm or something to drive over and the kid is out the door, on the ground and the tractor still under power.
Anyone, whether from Neb or China, is a fucking moron for sticking a child on a piece of equipment where he can't sit and be strapped in.

In my early 20's I was bringing a load of logs out of the bush on a gravel road which was so narrow and twisty it had a 30' length limit. I rounded a corner and was confronted by a D7 coming up the hill. I backed up into a wide spot, and the dozer owner's son drove it on by. He was 6 at the time. As far as I know, thirty years later he is still a functioning and productive member of society with no harmful mental repercussions. Obviously, his Dad had more productive things to do than walk a Caterpillar tractor several miles along a road to the job.
My 10 year old does stuff around here most of his friends wish they could do. But they're stuck with computer games instead.
I won't say what they are, in case I get torched by people who would be better off washing their vaginas, but he was good and tired the day before yesterday after he'd dragged a bunch of heavy chains back into the briars to haul out logs. I don't like to get off the seat any more.....

Oh, and Amen to armorp18

I've been running farm equipment and heavy equipment since I was 8 years old. 99% of those didn't have a seatbelt until I worked for an actual company.

I guess my take was the kid wasn't working for his family but being used for cheap labor which is why we (USA) have a hard time competing. I'm all for children learning a work ethic. I grew up on the farm and learned to work, no complaints.

My coment was ment more tongue in cheek hence the wink and I hear where youre coming from.

I am outraged that they would allow this kid to work with this equipment and in this environment with out a hardhat.

But in all seriousness, if this kid was pulling down 60 hours a week then I wouldn't be down but if this kid enjoys what he is doing and helps out the family but still gets to be a kid then I am all right with it.

How many of us would have loved to be able to operate that when you were a young lad?