• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The GAP Butthurt thread (formerly 6mm GT)

ZomboMeme 08022019171050.jpg

I think I will stay with my wimpy old 243win until the barrel is toast, then might try the 6 Creedmoor.

1st: It's called 6 Creedmore Classic by all the cool kids(me).

B: It's not old, it's retro.

III: If it aint broke...

Edit: Also it's the "Holy Grail" f PRC rounds.
"243 Win For Tactical Comps We asked GA Precision's George Gardner why he chose .243 Winchester for his Tactical Comp Gun. He replied, "Why would I run anything else? Think about it. I'm sending a .585 BC 115 at 3150 fps--that'll shoot inside the 6XC and .260 Rem with ease. I'm pretty sure I have found the Holy Grail of Comp Rifles. "

In all seriousness I didn't want to spoil GAPs unveil, but...here it is

ZomboMeme 08022019180137.jpg

It will feed from a standard magazine without aftermarket kits, you can get anywhere between 2800-3000 with DTACs and as high as 3150 with 105s, no fireforming or neck turning required, small primer brass available, between 1400-2400 rounds on a barrel before it goes

I'm selling reamers for a special intro price of 325 then they go up to 450 at product launch. This will eat a 6mm GTs lunch, don't wait and be the last to trade up!!

1st: It's called 6 Creedmore Classic by all the cool kids(me).

B: It's not old, it's retro.

III: If it aint broke...

Edit: Also it's the "Holy Grail" f PRC rounds.
"243 Win For Tactical Comps We asked GA Precision's George Gardner why he chose .243 Winchester for his Tactical Comp Gun. He replied, "Why would I run anything else? Think about it. I'm sending a .585 BC 115 at 3150 fps--that'll shoot inside the 6XC and .260 Rem with ease. I'm pretty sure I have found the Holy Grail of Comp Rifles. "

The stench of sarcasm is ripe and strong with this one, right you are.

images-6.jpg

There's no talking sense in this thread. It's awesome. If you seriously try to make a point here, you are foolish. So hilarious! ?

I agree, the new round being discussed is an impressive little round and I'm sure it will do well I'm just not the type to chase the Skittles rainbow of new cartridges that the cool kids are using.
Hell I finally just the end of last year built my first 65 Creedmoor and am now in the process of building a 6.5x47 Lapua for a hunting rifle.
It might take me another decade before I decide to try something in the 6mm flavor other than the 243win so I'm not really the demographic they are after anyways.

Ok

Ok, where the fuck are you and @Grog11 hanging out ? The Pride Parade???

Hey,I just came for the 6mm... but now that I’ve seen what the Gay Tiger hast to offer..., i’d Change teams for that! Plus, over the 6 BR, the Gay Riger has NO problems feeding to the hole! So, you know, no mag kits and such ;)

P.S. let’s get the Gay Tiger SAAMI. What better gift can we give ourselves?

We need to take a pole and name this model for him:

This can be a new patch as well...I’m on my phone but someone has to put his face on he-man.

Attachments

• A605C35C-F01E-496A-9DE4-C0FF1ACEEB71.png
    A605C35C-F01E-496A-9DE4-C0FF1ACEEB71.png
    4 MB · Views: 155
  • 70631377-49DD-40EE-B082-14A69876AD8D.png
    70631377-49DD-40EE-B082-14A69876AD8D.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
OK, all caught up now. Whew, that was fun! :ROFLMAO:

For me, I'm sticking with established rounds for the time being. I had stuff to get into 6XC, but realized that I don't even know what I'm doing yet when it comes to reloading, and I don't have as much time as I'd like to learn with a boutique round. So I sold out and am sticking to known quantities that aren't huge barrel burners for now. The classic .308, 6.5CM, and .223/5.56 are plenty enough for my uses for the time being

The advancements in cartridge design are noteworthy, but the rapid pace with which "new" cartridges are being introduced is going to overload the community at some point I think, and most certainly a majority of them will fizzle out. Some will perhaps have a small, but loyal, following in the long run. But for the guys who have the time and money to mess with this stuff and come up with the next great round, I say more power to them.

As for George/GAP, I wanted a GAP rifle for YEARS when I first got into things way back when. It would still be fun to have one, and I think George has made some massive contributions to the industry (his rifles, helping to get Bushnell back on the map with better reticles/optics, cartridge tech, etc.). My hat's off to him.

But dang, the memes are funny!

I gave the thread a more appropriate title.

If you’re gonna go change the title(I don’t think you should), you should take sheldon’s post, and paste it into your OP. It may get him some secondary employment as GAP’s marketing manager, but also it’s got the most useful information one needs about the 6mm Gay Tiger. Then, if they so choose, they can read on and be entertained.

I still talk with George, we spoke yesterday.

Things move forward, change, priorities adjust. I was critical of the PRS, George was an owner, so his focus moved in a different direction.

Plus they don't need the site to sell a rifle, they are happy with their FB groups, and the attention the competitions give them.

I am so far behind I am just getting finished with the 6CM, only about 10 more rounds to test and I can try a 6mmGT, come 2025 I will post a review

I still talk with George, we spoke yesterday.

Things move forward, change, priorities adjust. I was critical of the PRS, George was an owner, so his focus moved in a different direction.

Plus they don't need the site to sell a rifle, they are happy with their FB groups, and the attention the competitions give them.

I am so far behind I am just getting finished with the 6CM, only about 10 more rounds to test and I can try a 6mmGT, come 2025 I will post a review

I am sure everyone of us would like another or our first GAP built rifle... But can you do the video review in the tiger underwear??

Help keep the Hide's collective creativity and humor alive..

Last edited:
If you’re gonna go change the title(I don’t think you should), you should take sheldon’s post, and paste it into your OP. It may get him some secondary employment as GAP’s marketing manager, but also it’s got the most useful information one needs about the 6mm Gay Tiger. Then, if they so choose, they can read on and be entertained.

I completely agree.

GAP is still cool...

But dang, they have launched so many of the best ever, Revolutionary cartridges like the 4s that was said to be so much better than the 6.5saum, then turned relatively quickly to the 6.5PRC .. At the end of the day, these examples are very close in performance.. not so much revolutionary, but more a tiny evolution..

my 2 cents

I didn't think there was much difference in the 4S and the SAUM in design? To be fair with the SAUM whether the acclaimed barrel life lived up to the hype or not it filled a massive void in the market for 6.5 short mags on two fronts. First the reloader with the 6.5 GAP 4S which led to PRC is which now widely available from one of the most popular cartridge companies in the US. I think the intention behind the SAUM was a good one, just think it doesn't pan out everywhere you go. The idea of loading H1000 to keep pressures moderate whilst achieving 3100fps with 140s and 3200fps with 130s with a 26" tube, all wrapped in a short action, low recoiling magnum is a good idea. I think people were expecting that with shorter barrels and it's not that feasible, least down here. I'm pushing to get 3065fps out of 143s with a 23" barrel but i love it. Whole heartedly it's a phenomenal hunting round.

I will say though the 6mm GT seems like an answer to a non existent problem. I'm all for more choices but less other brass makers get on board it's essentially a rebranded 6x47 with some modifications, though again only one supplier of brass. We'll see though could blow up and be a huge success.

Last edited:
I didn't think there was much difference in the 4S and the SAUM? To be fair with the SAUM whether the acclaimed barrel life lived up to the hype or not it filled a massive void in the market for 6.5 short mags on two fronts. First the reloader with the 6.5 GAP 4S and now the PRC is widely available. I think the intention behind the SAUM was a good one, just think it doesn't pan out everywhere you go. The idea of loading H1000 to keep pressures moderate whilst achieving 3100fps with 140s and 3200fps with 130s with a 26" tube, all wrapped in a short action, low recoiling magnum is a good idea. I think people were expecting that with shorter barrels and it's not that feasible, least down here. I'm pushing to get 3065fps out of 143s with a 23" barrel but i love it. Whole heartedly it's a phenomenal hunting round.

I will say though the 6mm GT seems like an answer to a non existent problem. I'm all for more choices but less other brass makers get on board it's essentially a rebranded 6x47 with some modifications, though again only one supplier of brass. We'll see though could blow up and be a huge success.

Maybe I wasn't clear.. The 6.5saum is great, my point was George is evolving designs like the throat tweak of the 4S, then the 6.5PRC each is an evaluation, not revolutionary over the 6.5saum..

Either way you have one camp looking to eliminate recoil as first priority, willing to give up some BC and another looking to maximize BC and fine with more recoil.. The recent 6.5 variants of mags, great for field matches and long range targets, ideal for many hunting applications, aren't what your typical PRS/NRL shooter is chasing.. He in lies the need for the Gay Tiger, 6BRA, 6XC etc......

Last edited:
I have wanted a GAP rifle since I first started looking at the M40A3 rifles and still catch myself occasionally window licking on their site. ?
Years ago at the 14’ Hide Cup I volunteered on short notice to be an RO, I was only going to do it two days but Frank was in dire need of help, I told Frank I would stay another day if he gave me a GAP .260. He smiled and said “sure, I’ll see what I can do” so I called the wife and told her I’m staying another day, I’m glad I did, at the prize table the next afternoon, during the awards they had a raffle for all the RO’s who donated time, Frank pulled my name out to my surprise, pure random, I won a MK4 Leupold, and Frank told the whole crowd the story of me staying the extra day for a GAP .260, everyone laughed. It was fun.

But @Lowlight, I’m still waiting.....

It must have gotten lost in shipping.

Oh wait, I bet frank got me a TR.net .260 instead.....

That explains the past 4+ years .

Years ago at the 14’ Hide Cup I volunteered on short notice to be an RO, I was only going to do it two days but Frank was in dire need of help, I told Frank I would stay another day if he gave me a GAP .260. He smiled and said “sure, I’ll see what I can do” so I called the wife and told her I’m staying another day, I’m glad I did, at the prize table the next afternoon, during the awards they had a raffle for all the RO’s who donated time, Frank pulled my name out to my surprise, pure random, I won a MK4 Leupold, and Frank told the whole crowd the story of me staying the extra day for a GAP .260, everyone laughed. It was fun.

But @Lowlight, I’m still waiting.....

It must have gotten lost in shipping.

Oh wait, I bet frank got me a TR.net .260 instead.....

That explains the past 4+ years .

BarnStirringMoulage.gif

It warms my heart to see all the “gay tiger” memes for this new “best”? 6mil cartridge. I have to laugh thinking about all the poor dumb bastards that just got a rifle built in some other 6mm cartridge, and think they should seLL or rebarrel to the new wiz bang GT