• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS

Teaser time...and no, all of the visual effects are temporary in this. There is much to be done still....it's almost scary actually.

There's a LOT more action in this one and even more in the third.

My only trepidation is the presence of Kate Bekinsale.
    She has been in some serious stinkers.

My only trepidation is the presence of Kate Bekinsale.
    She has been in some serious stinkers.

Guys, that's Evangeline Lilly...you know, from "Lost"

FL-The-Hobbit-Desolation-of-Smaug.jpg

Last edited:
    Last November, during the big press rush the day before the premiere of the first film here in Wellington, a lot of the cast was doing interviews across the street from the "Man of Steel" team. I had gone over there in the late morning to grab a quick bite since they have a nice cafe on the bottom floor and wandered right into Evangeline Lilly as she headed up a flight of stairs. I was not stopped in my tracks because I was starstruck - far from it even, but it was the sight of her otherworldly ass that I couldn't stop staring at. Once I composed myself a coordinator with a clipboard and a coffee stood next to me, "stare much?"

Last November, during the big press rush the day before the premiere of the first film here in Wellington, a lot of the cast was doing interviews across the street from the "Man of Steel" team. I had gone over there in the late morning to grab a quick bite since they have a nice cafe on the bottom floor and wandered right into Evangeline Lilly as she headed up a flight of stairs. I was not stopped in my tracks because I was starstruck - far from it even, but it was the sight of her otherworldly ass that I couldn't stop staring at. Once I composed myself a coordinator with a clipboard and a coffee stood next to me, "stare much?"

Thanks for not taking a picture for the rest of us to enjoy.....

She's a definite looker.

I thought the first Hobbit was boring, dozed off, but I feel today's movies rely on too much techobabble...they are not Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, Citizen Cain, The Godfather, etc

Lookers, no one today in Hollywoodland can compare to Rhonda Fleming

I thought the first Hobbit was boring, dozed off, but I feel today's movies rely on too much techobabble...they are not Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, Citizen Cain, The Godfather, etc

Lookers, no one today in Hollywoodland can compare to Rhonda Fleming

There's a terrific new band you should check out called "The Beatles".

Okay, this is some funny shit right here. Yesterday at work this YouTube video was going around showing these two sisters reacting to the new Hobbit teaser...

Needless to say, they are nutty super fans and we all got a laugh at their reactions. At the same time, it does feel good to see people so excited about the stuff you're working on, but I digress. As this video went around the various facilities, people started chiming in that we should do some kind of official reaction to their reaction. Initially it sounded like a bunch of us were going to video ourselves watching their reaction, but PJ stepped up and essentially won the internet....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151697149436171

She needs to take lessons on how to properly aim a bow.

It's Hollywood. You can't block the actor or actress's face, Photography 101. You will also see no full face helmets, unless it dramatically reveals a character is a woman, after taking it off. No aiming of firearms, because it blocks the face. Stupid, but that's how they think.

Didn't know Kate Beckensale was going to be in this. Good to hear. Underworld was great due to painted on black leather on Kate. Mmmmm.

Anyone old like me probably remembers this version...

Here's the latest from production. I'm actually in danger of falling behind on my work, so I'm off for a while...

Funny Hobbit-related bit:

We've had a number of earthquakes here over the last few days, with a particularly strong 6.9 Sunday afternoon. In this biz it's pretty common for people to work weekends or at least come in for a bit. People are located in a number of facilities sorted by department more or less and since there's a rather long history here with creating the "Lord of the Rings" films and the relatively recent "King Kong" remake, these facilities are decorated with props and artwork from those productions, things like swords, shields, spears, armor, etc. At the moment the bigger quake hit one poor soul was heading down the stairwell in one of the facilities. He sent this simple email out to everyone at the company:

"Note to self. Do not be in the stairway with all the spears during a earth quake."

Last edited:

The new trailer is up! Now if only we had a few more months to finish the film...

[video=youtube_share;lfflhfn1W-o]http://youtu.be/lfflhfn1W-o[/video]
    Here was one of the sneak peak things shown at the event today

That looks so great, I think this is the last trailer I will watch so it's fresh when I go see it in theaters. Dogtown, do you enjoy watching the finished product or is it mundane after working on is so long?

OMFG...ENDEX...first day off in 3 months...time to go on vacation...later guys.

What a cool thread. Big fan of the series from my childhood. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

The guys over in the Workshop have been cranking out pieces for display around town. Here's the new installation at the Wellington airport.

And Smaug's taking flight this time around via Air New Zealand

Obviously you are no geek, shes an elf she doesn't need to aim. Just like all of us here on the hide we don't need to aim, the bullets just go where we tell them to, LMAO
    -
    Hey, Please try to get it strait . It's not so much 'telling' but 'mentally willing' the bullet into the X . & it's not as easy to do as it sounds .

I'll unload as soon as the movie comes out. Think OPSEC for movies....