• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new 33XC & 37XC cartridges designed by David Tubb

Real nice looking rifle. I like my AccuTac Bipod too.Mine is the 50BMG rated one. How does it shoot so far.If I can ask how much was the chassis?Ilike its looks.
The chassis was $2200 and the Cerakote job was $700. Barreled action was $2415 with Rebel action, Terminator, Cerakote and finished length of 33" barrel in modBB Bartlein.

I just got the load development done with Chase Stroud this past Monday, and as usual, the combo of Southern Precision and Chase loading skills had it shooting one ragged hole at 100yds in no time. After fire forming, the velocity should settle in about 2875 fps with the 505gr Warner Flatline. It's a beast!

How do these xc cartridges compete with the cheytacs?
The 41XC exceeds any of the Cheytacs regarding bullet BC and energy down range. I don't think many folks use the 408 anymore because they can push the .375 to greater performance with 400gr lasers or flatlines. Not sure on the numbers but I think they are still closer to 2750 to 2800fps pushed, which is still less than what I'm getting with the 505 WF, which has a G7 of .595!!!

The 41XC exceeds any of the Cheytacs regarding bullet BC and energy down range. I don't think many folks use the 408 anymore because they can push the .375 to greater performance with 400gr lasers or flatlines. Not sure on the numbers but I think they are still closer to 2750 to 2800fps pushed, which is still less than what I'm getting with the 505 WF, which has a G7 of .595!!!
Do you know the weight of your rifle? How was recoil?

Most are running 400s at 2950-3050.

Do you know the weight of your rifle? How was recoil?
Weighs just shy of 26 lbs with bipod. Chase Stroud did my load development last Monday while I was in Austin and watching him shoot, it looked like a lot of recoil. When he finally got everything dialed in and I got behind the rife, I was a little worried it would be bad. I was pleasantly surprised... it was less than the .308 POF Revolution I used to have. Guessing I could go 50 rounds in one session without any shoulder pain.

Chase got it shooting one ragged hole. Neither he, nor Southern Precision, have ever disappointed me. Guessing I'll wind up about 2870fps on fire formed brass with 127gr of H1000. That's 9238ft-lbs and 2800 yards before going subsonic... on a 338 action! :p For contrast, the 375 400 gr laser at 3050fps is 8264ft-lbs and goes subsonic around 2270 yards. Mils are roughly the same at 1500 yds.

Chase has his FFL now so you can ship your rifle direct to him and he has several tiers of load development packages. Worth every dime, especially for a newb like me.

Last edited:
Shot my mrad this weekend in 37xc. Trying to find the right load. Previously everything has grouped well. Its a 28inch bartlein mod bb heavy palma. I first started load dev with H50BMG at 117 grains and went to 125 in increments of 1 grain. Everything was with 215 primers and 390 A-tips. According to the magneto speed i got up to 2808fps at 125 grains Pretty much ran out of case capacity with no signs of pressure.

So this weekend I loaded up some with H1000, everything else being the same. 116 grain, right off the bat got me to 2950, with an ejector mark. 117 got me to 2970, with an ejector mark, 118 got 2998 with ejector mark and bolt swipe. I didn't fire the 119's or 120's cause i like my face. In all honesty I'd probably go back down to 114-114.5 grains and see how it does. But also might just run the 50bmg powder cause really what's the difference of 100fps?

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
Shot my mrad this weekend in 37xc. Trying to find the right load. Previously everything has grouped well. Its a 28inch bartlein mod bb heavy palma. I first started load dev with H50BMG at 117 grains and went to 125 in increments of 1 grain. Everything was with 215 primers and 390 A-tips. According to the magneto speed i got up to 2808fps at 125 grains Pretty much ran out of case capacity with no signs of pressure.

So this weekend I loaded up some with H1000, everything else being the same. 116 grain, right off the bat got me to 2950, with an ejector mark. 117 got me to 2970, with an ejector mark, 118 got 2998 with ejector mark and bolt swipe. I didn't fire the 119's or 120's cause i like my face. In all honesty I'd probably go back down to 114-114.5 grains and see how it does. But also might just run the 50bmg powder cause really what's the difference of 100fps?
Id say your barrelis a few inches too short to hit 3050 fps like Tubb did with H1000. You can woith N570 or Ramshot LRT

So this weekend I loaded up some with H1000, everything else being the same. 950, with an ejector mark. 117 got me to 2970, with an ejector mark, 118 got 2998 with ejector mark and bolt swipe. I didn't fire the 119's or 120's cause i like my face. In all honesty I'd probably go back down to 114-114.5 grains and see how it does. But also might just run the 50bmg powder cause really what's the differe

Just use caution w N570 in the 33XC @ 267 round count my 1-7.5 barrel has dropped velocity w a ModBB barrel. I’m over .250 throat erosion…Still shooting good at ELR tho for the time being! Going to get a load w H50 BMG in my 1-8. We have 2 other 33xc modBB w similar round count holding velocity but has only seen H50 BMG loads w Berger 300 OTM. 3160 fps in one barrel and 3180 fps in the second.

Last edited:
Anyone shooting 37XC w Badlands in 1-7.5? Ordered 2 more blanks, one being a 375 1-7.5 for a 37 XC!

Reactions: TreyMeTrey

Did you originally work up w virgin brass? Size and ran into pressure on the 2nd firing?

Scale drift or carbon ring? Different lot of components? Somethings not correct.

Does the XC case provide enough boiler room for the 416 class bullets or is it more optimized for the 375 caliber?

Scale drift or carbon ring? Different lot of components? Somethings not correct.
Shouldn't have a carbon ring after less than 20 rounds. All same components. I ended up just loading all my brass with 125grn H50bmg, and 390 Atips at 2800fps. I have single digit sd's and its grouping well.

Reactions: BCX
Shouldn't have a carbon ring after less than 20 rounds. All same components. I ended up just loading all my brass with 125grn H50bmg, and 390 Atips at 2800fps. I have single digit sd's and its grouping well.
that's super slow for that much powder

I’ve had really good results from 265 and 285 badlands.
@Geno C. I recently got a new 7t barrel in 33xc for shooting 285 ICBMs. However it seems my bullets are not stablised. One even hit the muzzle brake and destroyed it. >20 inch groups at 100 yards and some bullets are landing sidways and some not even on paper. Do you have any idea what might be going wrong with my setup? or did you have any issues tuning the badlands for your rifle?

@Geno C. I recently got a new 7t barrel in 33xc for shooting 285 ICBMs. However it seems my bullets are not stablised. One even hit the muzzle brake and destroyed it. >20 inch groups at 100 yards and some bullets are landing sidways and some not even on paper. Do you have any idea what might be going wrong with my setup? or did you have any issues tuning the badlands for your rifle?
the brake was loose, like really loose. That’d explain ur big groups probably all making contact until it ate it.

Reactions: BCX and TreyMeTrey
Take 3 of the bullets and trim the meplats back to 15% of caliber or larger so 0.050 or larger at the tip and try them again at 100 yards. You don't have to be very precise you can use a file a dremel tool or even a hacksaw and then sand away any burr left behind.
By shortening them you will make them more stable and at such a short distance you should see them tighten right up.
Worst I have ever seen at 100 yards was with J40 solids made by Warren Jensen from lost river bullets and they shot 6-9 inches at 100 yards.

Reactions: harry_x1
hmmm...I also shot without brake, same results.
I have ran the BL 285 in a 1-7.5 w 0 issues. Shot them out to 2450 yards w back to back hits on a 24x24 inch plate. I doubt .5 inch twist is causing your issue. Try another solid for the hell of it after everything else cks out. Always ask for the barrel cookie after having a barrel spun up.

If you made contact w muzzle brake have your crown cked, is your AI barrel torqued? Is it a Bartlein? If not ck your bore to bullet diameter difference,

hmmm...I also shot without brake, same results.
Not stable in a 7 twist at what velocity? It has been a long time since I've seen it but you can strip the outside of a solid in a fast twist. Like running a cast bullet too fast. You'll get crazy fouling and terrible accuracy. If you recover a bullet from a softened impact you may find essentially no grooves cut in it.

-Alex

Here is some info on things I tried. I tried using a slower burning powder but it gave same results (~3030 fps). I tried shooting jackedted bullets. Jacketed bullet group was relatively tighter at but still a huge group of 2-3 inch at 100 yards. I have ordered some cutting edge lasers and will try shooting those with slightly more lower charge. Will also check bore dia once my gunsmith friend is back and will try reducing the meplat as suggested. Will share results as I go through this expensive but exciting tuning journey :)

PS- k&p barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCX
Here is some info on things I tried. I tried using a slower burning powder but it gave same results (~3030 fps). I tried shooting jackedted bullets. Jacketed bullet group was relatively tighter at but still a huge group of 2-3 inch at 100 yards. I have ordered some cutting edge lasers and will try shooting those with slightly more lower charge. Will also check bore dia once my gunsmith friend is back and will try reducing the meplat as suggested. Will share results as I go through this expensive but exciting tuning journey :)
In my experience groups that size (over 2") are usually something else wrong not the load.
Loose scope, loose stock, rail, barrel, brake anything that has threads check it.

PS- k&p barrel.
Jacketed bullets CANNOT be used in a 7 twist. They will be torn apart by centrifugal forces in mid air. I'm surprised they are even making it 100 yards.

K&P tends to run a bit tight. You can slug the barrel with a hammer a wooden dowel and a lead ball and see where it is at. Try the CE 300s. You are spinning the shit out of the bullets, they might as well be heavy.

-Alex

I dont think it is any loose scope or barrel issue, because same rifle is shooting very well when I put another barrel (9t) and shoot jacketed bullets. It is only when I put this 7t barrel on and try to shoot badlands that things go crazy. I will try shooting CE lazers of 300 grains. Ordered two diff versions (302 gr MTAC and 300 gr Lazer Gen2). Will try shooting them with diff powders without a muzzle brake and see is anything improves.

Harry, get a order in w Bartlein for a fast twist. My fast twist barrels have been running 9-10 months...

If I’m not mistaken, Harry has an accuracy international. For what it’s worth, my brand new AXSR was shipped with EVERY SINGLE action screw loose. Like not even finger tight. So definitely check the action. I torqued them, shot maybe 300 rounds, checked it again and they were still perfect.

I hope it isn’t the K&P barrel, because I just went on a limb and ordered two through them, a 338 for 33xc and a .30 cal. I could’ve waited for the bartleins, but I wanted to try K&p, and heard good things about them.

I didnt worry about action and scope because when I attach the 9t barrell to shoot jacketed, I am getting all holes touching. But one can never be too sure, will check all screws on the action and scope as advised. The barrel is K&P. I am refraining from sharing name of gunsmith who did the barrel work as this could adversly impact his reputation without me even knowing what the issue is. So many things can go wrong and my top suspect currently is the suitability of badlands for this barrel. I just got shipment of CE 302 Grain MTAC and learned that CE solids at Band (widest part) measures .3395". vs .3375" for badlands. Could it be the lack of this wider band in badlands which can cause this issue? Never played with solids but interested in what diff this wider band of CE will make vs badlands.

I didnt worry about action and scope because when I attach the 9t barrell to shoot jacketed, I am getting all holes touching. But one can never be too sure, will check all screws on the action and scope as advised. The barrel is K&P. I am refraining from sharing name of gunsmith who did the barrel work as this could adversly impact his reputation without me even knowing what the issue is. So many things can go wrong and my top suspect currently is the suitability of badlands for this barrel. I just got shipment of CE 302 Grain MTAC and learned that CE solids at Band (widest part) measures .3395". vs .3375" for badlands. Could it be the lack of this wider band in badlands which can cause this issue? Never played with solids but interested in what diff this wider band of CE will make vs badlands.
Bullet dimension is one thing but alloy is another. CE is tellurium copper and I think badlands uses oxygen free copper which is generally softer. Easier engraving but with tradeoffs for shear strength.

As a side note, tellurium copper is also interestingly way more reactive to ammonia so cleaning is faster.

-Alex

.3375 is no bueno. The bullets do not deform enough from the pressure to seal the bore. I’ve never asked Ken what diameter he shoots for but I know Bartlien would be .3380-.3385. You can ask them for that measurement.

.3375 is no bueno. The bullets do not deform enough from the pressure to seal the bore. I’ve never asked Ken what diameter he shoots for but I know Bartlien would be .3380-.3385. You can ask them for that measurement.
There really is no such thing as sealing the bore. You always get gas blow by and that is fine. You want to obturate the vast majority of the bore and the differences here are going to be fractions of a percent of the total bore surface area.

-Alex

There really is no such thing as sealing the bore. You always get gas blow by and that is fine. You want to obturate the vast majority of the bore and the differences here are going to be fractions of a percent of the total bore surface area.

-Alex
I have had problems getting the 390gr badlands to group. Measured and they were .3749” my groove diameter is .3752” had some made at .3755” and group great.

I have had problems getting the 390gr badlands to group. Measured and they were .3749” my groove diameter is .3752” had some made at .3755” and group great.
I noticed one more thing. Barrel after firing (Badlands) has excessive copper fouling and almost 100% of that fouling is concentrated between middle of barrel till crown. See video at link below. Does that indicate something? Why is the bullet not leaving any copper fouling in first part but starts heavy copper fouling in second half?

Link to Video of Rifle Bore

Could be under under the carbon buildup. You are going to have more carbon closer to the chamber then the muzzle.

Your gunsmith can't make a gun shoot 20 inch groups at 100 yards that fly sideways through the target so it's not the gunsmith.
You can cut the crown off of the gun with a hacksaw and not have sideways bullets.
Your bullet at 3000 fps is accelerating at over 120,000 g,s so fouling near the muzzle is expected as that is the tightest spot in your barrel.
Take 3-5 bullets and literally sand grind cut file the meplats so the bullet is much shorter then sandcoff any burrs and shoot your target. The bullets can look like a wadcutter out of a pistol and see if they group tighter.
If yes your twist is wrong if no they don't like that barrel either way you won't be able to use them in that barrel.
20 inches is usually scope scope mount or base but none of those issues make bullets tumble or fly sideways at 100 yards.
I had a action unscrew at a national event and the groups were 11 inches at 600 yards. The barrel was retained in a block of aluminum so the wobbly action allowed for slop in the thread fit and 8 inches of error. Again all the bullets still flew straight.
If your cleaning outdoors you can use 29% ammonia to remove the bullet fouling. I use a bore guide and a rubber turkey baister(sp) to coat the bore thoroughly. I then get rid of the carbon with GM top engine cleaner. If you buy 2 gallons at a time online you get free shipping and 2 gallons will last 120 big bore barrels

Attachments

• 16863248560963801334567903026071.jpg
    16863248560963801334567903026071.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Your gunsmith can't make a gun shoot 20 inch groups at 100 yards that fly sideways through the target so it's not the gunsmith.
You can cut the crown off of the gun with a hacksaw and not have sideways bullets.
Your bullet at 3000 fps is accelerating at over 120,000 g,s so fouling near the muzzle is expected as that is the tightest spot in your barrel.
Take 3-5 bullets and literally sand grind cut file the meplats so the bullet is much shorter then sandcoff any burrs and shoot your target. The bullets can look like a wadcutter out of a pistol and see if they group tighter.
If yes your twist is wrong if no they don't like that barrel either way you won't be able to use them in that barrel.
20 inches is usually scope scope mount or base but none of those issues make bullets tumble or fly sideways at 100 yards.
I had a action unscrew at a national event and the groups were 11 inches at 600 yards. The barrel was retained in a block of aluminum so the wobbly action allowed for slop in the thread fit and 8 inches of error. Again all the bullets still flew straight.
If your cleaning outdoors you can use 29% ammonia to remove the bullet fouling. I use a bore guide and a rubber turkey baister(sp) to coat the bore thoroughly. I then get rid of the carbon with GM top engine cleaner. If you buy 2 gallons at a time online you get free shipping and 2 gallons will last 120 big bore barrels
I'm going to stick with my earlier statement. I think the bore is stripping the outside of the bullet off so it isn't spinning them up. Too tight of a twist on a bullet that can't take that kind of mechanical load.

-Alex