• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new 33XC & 37XC cartridges designed by David Tubb

Big shout out to JB.IC for the barrel hook up..

Thanks man

Reactions: JB.IC
Big shout out to JB.IC for the barrel hook up..

Thanks man
Thanks for remembering I even had the barrel for sale. I totally forgot I had it lol

Reactions: BCX
Haven’t shot it much but my 1581xl and homemade AX chassis front end are working out well so far. 37xc, 33” k&p 1/8 twist.
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but did you bed/machine the AI chassis for the 1581XL or was this a factory version?

The chassis was for the 1581xl. I haven’t bedded it but I might when I get back to shooting it more.

You can also reload it without having to buy a 50BMG sized press. I'm going to reload 37XC on my Forster Co/Ax.
How can you reload a 37xc on a Foster Co Ax?Do the sell different jawstograb the case rim?

I have seen a local guy have accuracy and pressure issues with 2 barrels . He used the David tubb reamer
What barrel manufacturer? Are these rifles being built on 1.250 shank barrels?

I had one spun up by Dave Tooley for mt AI-PSR and had horrible pressure issues on once fired brass. Turned out to be a bad barrel from Schneider. I called and they offered to replace the .338 barrel with a new one but I had decided to go .375ct. I had them replace the .338 with a .308 barrel for my AI-AE. The 308 barrel shoots very well.

Solids in the Schneider barrel?

No I was shooting Berger 300gr Hybrids in a 1-9 twist 33 in barrel. When Tooley looked at the barrel he said it looked like it had 400 to 500 rounds on it. I only put 123 total before I gave up because of the pressure issue. I was just bad steel can happen to anyone. Schneider was right there to take care of it for me I just opted for a .308 as I was done with the 33xc.

Reactions: BCX
33xc is a throat eater. No way around it.
Ah but there is... Bartlein ModBB. I am "only" running 3180 fps on SB2-275gr solids but after 100 rounds, Chase Stroud scoped it and found ZERO fire cracking. I expect at least 1500-1800 out of this barrel with that load, which for me at my current round count means 5 years or more.

I also run a modBB and w n570 she ain’t pretty. 🤣. I have a spare barrel coming. I think I will only run H50bmg in that barrel and see what the round count difference will be.

I also run a modBB and w n570 she ain’t pretty. 🤣. I have a spare barrel coming. I think I will only run H50bmg in that barrel and see what the round count difference will be.
I'm running H50BMG.

I’m running a ModBB and use H50BMG, this is how mine looks after 65 rounds

Attachments

• 3A97386A-A704-450A-9C14-1CA2F2DE1FF4.jpeg
    3A97386A-A704-450A-9C14-1CA2F2DE1FF4.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Wow
Reactions: BCX and Taylorbok
Fine fire cracking. Like i stated before no way around it. We are igniting 115-125gr of raw power in a 338 bore.

Sorry Geno, i forgot about you big boys 🤜

• Haha
Reactions: Geno C.
Overbore barrel burner. I'm expecting great barrel life from my 41XC.
I just have not seen may 41XC at any of the ELR matches in KS,TX or GA. I wonder why? Ive seen 416 Strokers and HellFire a few 37XC and a bunch of 33XCin light gun. Is it a weak bullet selection area in 41 cal or what?

I just have not seen may 41XC at any of the ELR matches in KS,TX or GA. I wonder why? Ive seen 416 Strokers and HellFire a few 37XC and a bunch of 33XCin light gun. Is it a weak bullet selection area in 41 cal or what?
33XC is the easy obvious choice for light gun. I think most people doing 375 or 416 are already running a larger action/ bolt face so doesn't make sense to change bolts or actions to run lower MV.

33XC is the easy obvious choice for light gun. I think most people doing 375 or 416 are already running a larger action/ bolt face so doesn't make sense to change bolts or actions to run lower MV.
You could be right.The 33xc rules the light class pretty much. There is really no Clear winner in Heavy.Im thinking about building me a 458 Vestal for 2024..But if I do real well with my 375 Cheytac this year I might stay with it longer.Thisfull year will tellme if its worth the extra expense to run a bigger cartridge.I may be geytting ahead of myself.Time will tell.LOL

The few 33xc rifles I have seen are running 3050 fps or 60 fps faster than the 338 Lapua Ackley Improved and using 18 grains more powder to get there.
Is anyone else seeing this?
Also anything over 3130 fps is stiff bolt lift to hammering the bolt open is anyone seeing this?
The 338 Snipetac pushes a 300 Berger accurately at 3300-3350 depending on barrel length running 139 grains of H50BMG so roughly 40 grains of powder for 300 fps verses 18 grains of powder for 6o fps.

Last edited:
Reactions: TreyMeTrey
You could be right.The 33xc rules the light class pretty much. There is really no Clear winner in Heavy.Im thinking about building me a 458 Vestal for 2024..But if I do real well with my 375 Cheytac this year I might stay with it longer.Thisfull year will tellme if its worth the extra expense to run a bigger cartridge.I may be geytting ahead of myself.Time will tell.LOL
375 CT is still a very competitive cartridge, the 416 Hellfire seemed to be very popular last year but the Vestal cartridges will be winners I am sure.
The 458 vestal looks promising but I hate single source brass
Yes that does suck but if a guy buys enough to run out a couple barrel shouldn't be an issue.
The few 33xc rifles I have seen or running 3050 fps are 60 fps faster than the 338 Lapua Ackley Improved and using 18 grains more powder to get there.
Also anything over 3130 fps is stiff bolt lift to hammering the bolt open is anyone seeing this?
The 338 Snipetac pushes a 300 Berger accurately at 3300-3350 depending on barrel length running 139 grains of H50BMG so roughly 40 grains of powder for 300 fps verses 18 grains of powder for 6o fps.
I think the ticket is to run the 33XC on a larger action/ shank to take the pressure so you can get more out of it but also then you are in the cost territory of a 338 Snipetac. IMO the XC is better suited for a 375

I also hit 3300 w 285 Badlands on a fresh barrel with a 33xc but had a touch of bolt resistance on the AI.

The few 33xc rifles I have seen are running 3050 fps or 60 fps faster than the 338 Lapua Ackley Improved and using 18 grains more powder to get there.
Ive ran my 33xc up to 3264 with300gr A Tips and N570.I did nt get a stiff bolt.I just chickened out and quit.LOL I want my barrel to last one fullseaon atleast. Im runniong mine at 3017 with 300gr A Tips.My shooting partner is running his at 3020.He uses H50BMG..I use RL50.

Reactions: harry_x1