• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new 33XC & 37XC cartridges designed by David Tubb

I shot w a few guys last year running the 375 CT and one running the 37 XC. I was amazed that the 37 XC was only 50-70 FPS behind the CT.

I shot w a few guys last year running the 375 CT and one running the 37 XC. I was amazed that the 37 XC was only 50-70 FPS behind the CT.
I haven't seen many posts from anyone using the 41XC. When my bank account recovers, thinking the ballistics on a .416 500gr ICBM-2 pushed at just 2800fps seem pretty damn good. Still has 2700 ft-lbs at a mile! Drops worse than the 37XC but only by a few mils out to 3600yds. Barrett rates the .416 452gr MTAC factory ammo at 3000fps out of 32" barrel for reference.

I personally like the idea of a 41CT. MV of 2850fps with a 500gn bullet can be had with a 34” barrel. I think with N570 powder. A 41CT IMP should get around 2950fps.

I personally like the idea of a 41CT. MV of 2850fps with a 500gn bullet can be had with a 34” barrel. I think with N570 powder. A 41CT IMP should get around 2950fps.
Going to find out here shortly. Sterling precision calls it a stroker but it’s just an improve Cheytac. We’ll have a reamer in wi in a couple days.

Going to find out here shortly. Sterling precision calls it a stroker but it’s just an improve Cheytac. We’ll have a reamer in wi in a couple days.
Last I heard from talking to those guys when it was first “developed” was they were not releasing the reamer to the public and only building one if someone did a full build or a barreled action. Have they since changed their mind?

I was thinking exactly the same but I’m not going to argue with their ego about it.

However I like the idea of it. I like the burn rate powder it uses (if you can find any) and the ease of getting Peterson brass. Of course I’m talking about pre-pandemic supply. I definitely like it more so than a 416B. Cost to run a 416CT/IMP is going to be way cheaper

Reactions: Geno C. and jasent
And barrel life is going to be quite a bit better. The 416s aren’t running away from the 375s though. That’s why im not making the switch. I might someday but not this year. @Jamie C had a fresh 375 barrel on already and I’ll chamber mine this next month lost likely.

It’s hard to ignore the fact that most people who place high or win ELR completions are all using the same gear. Could shooter preference cloud statistical results, sure. If everyone is shooting mostly the same thing then it’s hard to make a comparison. Except that most of the people running 416s don’t do as great as you would think and don’t perform any better than what they did when they were running 375cal cartridges. And some of the none typical wildcats that no one has really heard of or maybe never used is also doing poorly. But I haven’t compared a side by side of every shooter’s history with x cartridges nor do I want to. However, I think it’s kind of easy to notice that the 375cal isn’t getting replaced any time soon and it’s definitely not getting gapped in performance by anything right now.

And barrel life is going to be quite a bit better. The 416s aren’t running away from the 375s though. That’s why im not making the switch. I might someday but not this year. @Jamie C had a fresh 375 barrel on already and I’ll chamber mine this next month lost likely.
Your both running 375 this year then?

For hunting, the bullets viable in the 37 xc seem to be 300 Partition, 350 TSX, 300 Accubond, and 350 SMK (?). Did I miss any?

How would these bullets play in a barrel with a twist geared more towards target bullets (not necessarily solids)?

For hunting, the bullets viable in the 37 xc seem to be 300 Partition, 350 TSX, 300 Accubond, and 350 SMK (?). Did I miss any?

How would these bullets play in a barrel with a twist geared more towards target bullets (not necessarily solids)?
I think some have had success with solids on the ELR Hunting forum. Don't forget the Badlands 390gr, 375gr and 300gr super bulldozer 2's or the Hornady 390gr Atips. I feel like .375 is better with bullets in the 350 to 400gr range.

Thanks! Are those considered expanding bullets? I would assume so since they aren’t solids right?

all joking aside...if a 375gr anything hits a animal with decent shot placment...no expansion needed
Totally agree, I just don't want to light off a round and have to explain to the DNR why my 375 gr solid is better than an expanding 9mm that carries 500 ft lbs of energy. Some laws are now requiring bullets to be "expanding" which is pretty loose and probably intentional

Reactions: brianf
100%...makes sense

best case is paperwork stating such from the manufacturer that you keep in your pack etc

if its up to the regular Fudd that only shoots a .270, and its loosely written....your "wrong"

• Sad
Reactions: rlsmith1
For hunting look at the Chinchaga bullets, I’ve used the 375 grain ULD ST for several years and it is devastating on game! Not to mention has a G1 BC of .8 and consistently groups really well in my rifle.

Reactions: rlsmith1
For hunting look at the Chinchaga bullets, I’ve used the 375 grain ULD ST for several years and it is devastating on game! Not to mention has a G1 BC of .8 and consistently groups really well in my rifle.
Do they have a website or FB only? Best way to contact?

Thanks for the lead seems like a good solution

Look what Brown Santa just dropped off today for my MRAD... 30" Bartlein 33XC ModBB barrel...
Tubb 33XC MRAD Barrel.jpg

Just got back from Texas late last night. I will post up some pics this weekend. Can't remember if I said this but my 2-day class with Chase Stroud was Monday and Tuesday. The first day was an intro into reloading and load development since I have never re-loaded. Chase was EXTREMELY knowledgeable. I was not interested in ringing out every last fps but wanted something decent with good barrel life. We wound up with 120.4 grains of H50BMG for the Badlands 275gr Super Bulldozer-2 at 3180 fps after fire forming. When Chase was done, this barrel was putting 5 bullets through the same hole at 100 yards and shooting a 1-inch group at 500 yds. Even Chase was pretty astonished at the accuracy. Since his reloading equipment was 15 feet from his range, me trying to duplicate this where I live would have taken me countless hours and trips.

Spoiler Alert: The next day, with Chase spotting, I was able to make two consecutive hits at 2-miles in 13-22 mph winds. When I was leaving, Chase told me my rifle could easily compete in the King of 2 Miles. To say I was ecstatic with the whole experience is the understatement of the year!!! If you are interested in taking your ELR skill the next level, or the first level in my case, I would highly recommend ONE-ON-ONE training with Chase. I've always believed the best person to learn from is the one who is doing it and doing it extremely well.

Also, big shout out to Greg and Russ of Southern Precision for turning out such an amazing barrel for my Barrett Maker's Kit. The XC33 in the Bartlein mod BB seems to be the ticket!! The 1 in 8 twist loved the Badlands 275s!

I’m going to play w the Badlands 275 in a 1-7.5. Waiting on barrel and brass. Hopefully in the next couple months it should be up and running.

I believe this to be true based off my experience and non-scientific testing. I can’t spend a lot of money to run a controlled experiment. But I found it extremely hard to find a node with seating depth within the limitation of the pressure I was getting. So that left a lot of case capacity that wasn’t being used.

I think, personally, the 338LM AI or IMP is the way to go.

The 37XC is being built right now an I like the idea of that based off the data I’ve seen form others.
Any idea what barrel life is on 37xc?

Any idea what barrel life is on 37xc?
Barrel life in terms of remaining competitive (meaning no surprise change in MV or precision failing to maintain a certain standard) for ELR competitions is probably between 1000 to 1500 rounds. Powder, bullet, and how hard you push it and how often it is pushed will be the main factors. If you’re just a plinker and baby it I wouldn’t be surprised if it could last closer to 1800-2000. By babying it I mean not skirting the line of over pressure and not rapid firing.

Since I'm single feeding my MRAD now with 33XC, anyone know where I can get a cartridge holder that holds 20 rounds or so in nylon, preferably multi-cam, that will accommodate the extra length of 33XC?

Just got back from Texas late last night. I will post up some pics this weekend. Can't remember if I said this but my 2-day class with Chase Stroud was Monday and Tuesday. The first day was an intro into reloading and load development since I have never re-loaded. Chase was EXTREMELY knowledgeable. I was not interested in ringing out every last fps but wanted something decent with good barrel life. We wound up with 120.4 grains of H50BMG for the Badlands 275gr Super Bulldozer-2 at 3180 fps after fire forming. When Chase was done, this barrel was putting 5 bullets through the same hole at 100 yards and shooting a 1-inch group at 500 yds. Even Chase was pretty astonished at the accuracy. Since his reloading equipment was 15 feet from his range, me trying to duplicate this where I live would have taken me countless hours and trips.

Spoiler Alert: The next day, with Chase spotting, I was able to make two consecutive hits at 2-miles in 13-22 mph winds. When I was leaving, Chase told me my rifle could easily compete in the King of 2 Miles. To say I was ecstatic with the whole experience is the understatement of the year!!! If you are interested in taking your ELR skill the next level, or the first level in my case, I would highly recommend ONE-ON-ONE training with Chase. I've always believed the best person to learn from is the one who is doing it and doing it extremely well.

Also, big shout out to Greg and Russ of Southern Precision for turning out such an amazing barrel for my Barrett Maker's Kit. The XC33 in the Bartlein mod BB seems to be the ticket!! The 1 in 8 twist loved the Badlands 275s!

I've trained with Chase as well a few times.

Very knowledgeable guy! He's certainly been a big help in my precision rifle shooting.

Sounds like you have a great setup, enjoy!

Reactions: Swatdude1
Thanks for the recommendation Hide members. My new custom A-tips 😉

What made you go with the 275 Bulldozers
Length: 2.00″​
BC (G1): .880​
BC (G7): .451​
vs the 265 ICBM
Length: 1.957​
BC (G1): 0.910​
Just out of curiosity
edit - I can't wait to see your results from the below mentioned bullets!!

Last edited:
Once my barrel shows up, i will be loading Warner FL 285, BL 275 and the BL 265 ICBM. 1-7.5 twist will only see high BC solids.

Edit,,,,cant forget the Cutting Edge Lasers

Reactions: babyguppy
Can anyone suggest powder and or bullet load data for 37xc with 400 grain badlands
Starting load for new build
Has anyone tried 50 BMGfor 37XC?
additional information on 37XC at link in another thread; not sure if you saw it or not.
37XC

Last edited:
33xc shooters, anyone here using N570 or RL-33 over H50/RL50? N570/RL33 has worked very well for me in my multiple 338 LM AI I have shot over the years.

33xc shooters, anyone here using N570 or RL-33 over H50/RL50? N570/RL33 has worked very well for me in my multiple 338 LM AI I have shot over the years.
Super newb so take my comments with a grain of salt since I'm still learning... I was told I should have gotten a 34" barrel for the 33XC to take full advantage of H50BMG's slower burn rate. I could have achieved even more velocity without pressure signs and no unburned powder. Being in the Phoenix area, personally temp stable powder seems best for our wide swings. Finally, I was able to find (2) 8 pounders fairly easily on Midway and LG Outdoors website.

I will try the N570 and RL-33 before I purchase H50. Thanks

Actually one of the powders I find in stock all the time..

33xc barrel question. I've got a line on a 1:9.3 twist 30" finish length or a 1:8 twist 28" finish length. I want to primarily run solids, something like the CE 275 or 300 gr lazers. This is going to be for 2400 and in. I'd like to get as much velocity as I can, do I want to scrap both of these and look for a longer barrel? CE lists the minimum twist rate for the 300 at 1:8.5.