• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The new look for a REM700

Re: The new look for a REM700

nice, i was just thinking about getting my sps out of it's hogue stock. I think i might just pick this up and try it out. it's a little pricey though. for the money there are a lot of tried and true alternatives

Interesting but an XLR stock is cheaper and much cooler .
Spts05 if you want a cheap stock that's not bad look at the Bell and Carlson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting but an XLR stock is cheaper and much cooler .
Spts05 if you want a cheap stock that's not bad look at the Bell and Carlson </div></div>

+1

Spts05, You can get behind a few of the different stocks that are available when we hit the range. One of the other local guys has the XLR. It has a nice fit and finish and it comfortable to shoot. If you want a quality stock at a very reasonable price, then look at the Bell and Carlson line. I have one of their tactical A3 stocks that I have been shooting for a while now and I have no complaints. The cost of the modular stock in the original post will still have to have the butt stock added to it. By the time you add that to the list, you are looking at the cost of some of the top end stocks out there, probably including bottom metal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Each to his own I guess.......

I hate "M4-ing" everything.</div></div>

Gotta agree with TallShot on this one.

RT

These are great looking stocks, not a fan or dont even understand why the hype to put a coll. stock on a precision rifle or any other rifle than a carbine it was designed for.
I had contacted the company in Canada on these and the price to get one here then was around $950-1100 since they are in Canadia.

I dont like chassis systems in general but I will be trying one of these especially at the dealer price which puts it at a bit more expensive as the McM A5's I have been using. With the DBM built in it also helps.

Look around becuase there was a thread here last year when these came out and a couple of real nice photo's showed up in it.

Here is a link to a full install vid, seems pretty easy and straight forward. Placed my order with brownells and have a SPS tactical for a test bed on this. I shot 4-5 shot groups in the factory stock, a couple of 5 shot groups with a HS Precision PSS stock, and will get results with this. All with Fed Gold Medal 168. That will come next weekend as Mr Brown needs to bring my box and I gotta work in Richardson all week.

http://mdttac.com/instalation.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Each to his own I guess.......

I hate "M4-ing" everything. </div></div>

+1 However, I like how it accepts ar15 grips. I'd go with a mcree or AICS.

Hmm... I love the look of a bolt action rifle in an A5 or AICS style stock.... the conversion to an "AR" type bolt gun just seems like going the long way around to get an AR10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PittsDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Each to his own I guess.......

I hate "M4-ing" everything.</div></div>

Gotta agree with TallShot on this one.

RT </div></div>

DITTO! Love me a good ol bolt gun

Very interesting but agree with the above... can't modular my bolt...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Each to his own I guess.......

I hate "M4-ing" everything. </div></div>

+1 However, I like how it accepts ar15 grips. I'd go with a mcree or AICS. </div></div>

I don't like the mcree and love the aics except the fact I have large thumbs that don't fit the thumbhole that well.