• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The nobody gives a shit but what did Bender do now thread.

Small block Ford fits right in there.
Trans is weak.
Ball joints known for breaking.
Steering is funky as hell (check 90* gearbox before coupling to rack).
You will never find parts.
Yeah, I have some sources on stuff Planetzoo has lots of guys and resources. I looked at an LS swap but too wide in the oilpan I think the sbf is too wide as well.

My dad bought a Isuzu Trooper in either '88 or '89, it was a box with wheels, but i thought it was cool as hell because one time dad missed a detour and the road had been ripped out, and there was a 1/4 mile of muddy mess to get to the road we needed to, so he put it in 4wd, and we went off roading. In my head it was probly far more dramatic than reality, but I thought it was an off road monster 2nd to none, and I bragged about it to anybody that would listen for months. If I could relive the memory looking back as I am now, it was probly something a honda civic with bald tires could have done, but my memory believes it was far worse, lol.

A man's gotta have his hobby's, and his toys, enjoy yours.

Branden

SBF fits right in, you just need the right oil pan (which ford made with front sump, rear sump, and mid sump).
A 4.3L GM V6 also fits right in as it was offered in that chassis late 90's.....and loads of hop up parts for those.....like GN, Cyclone, etc.

OBTW
Notice how the front crossmember bolts in ?
Unbolt it, toss it, make a new one.
Very simple.

Last edited:
SBF fits right in, you just need the right oil pan (which ford made with front sump, rear sump, and mid sump).
A 4.3L GM V6 also fits right in as it was offered in that chassis late 90's.....and loads of hop up parts for those.....like GN, Cyclone, etc.

I like both those ideas!

Reactions: Average guy
Well then. The money hole deepens. A nice mild 302 would be perfect. This five speed is rated for 300 ftlbs.

Turbo 4.3 has been a proven performer. Typhoon and Cyclone whooped some ass in their short days

BTW, forget I said this, please.
I am a master Isuzu tech, trained at the old Isuzu facility in Grand Prairie Tx.
Worked at Superior Isuzu in Fayetteville Ar. when that thing was brand new (it's a 99-02, right ?).

Always wanted a vehi cross....things are worth their weight in gold now.

images.jpg

Reactions: atomic41
Well then. The money hole deepens. A nice mild 302 would be perfect. This five speed is rated for 300 ftlbs.
The 4.3 would be a good option also. They worked well in the S-10 blazers

Mine was a GTP. Another car I regret selling

Gtp with the 3.8 SC was a pretty good ride! Folks bought a new Monte SS early 2000s with the 3800 SC'd. Car drives and rides like new still. Funny to see my 80yo mother driving it lol...

Reactions: Bender
Turbo 4.3 has been a proven performer. Typhoon and Cyclone whooped some ass in their short days
Ehhhhh, yeah kinda….. when they were not blowing transmissions or detonating or overboosting.

I would avoid a sbf or 4.3 swap, if you can fit a sbf then you can fit a ls and they are superior in every way. Even a 4.8 would be better than most engine swaps of the v6 or v8 variety.

I am recently in the “if it works, let it eat” camp on engine swaps. The extra power and sometimes mileage is great, but not the $10-20 k worth i can cost to do, plus integration headaches. The ls is one of the few that there is enough aftermarket support to make it worth doing, plus many transmission options.

That looks pretty cool, I have been wanting another 4 runner, but like you said the Toyota tax and finding one that's not ragged out.
I’ve seen them in Colorado with 350k miles and they still want $12k for them. It’s worse than the wrangler tax.

I’ve seen them in Colorado with 350k miles and they still want $12k for them. It’s worse than the wrangler tax.

That was my son's first truck when he got his license at 16. He had a great time with that truck. He kept it until he bought his first new car at the age of 21. I wish I never would have sold it. It was so much fun!

Yup, nuthin fits...

So, an LS swap, a Lexus swap, a 3800 swap, a Northstar swap.....and so on and so on.

You're right, nothing fits at all.
My first choice of the small block Ford is very simple, but would require a different trans....minimal wiring which is why it's my first choice.
Use a carb and a old fashioned distributor and it would be EMP proof and one of the few vehicles still running after Putin and Biden start popping off nukes.

Yup, nuthin fits...

So, an LS swap, a Lexus swap, a 3800 swap, a Northstar swap.....and so on and so on.

My first choice of the small block Ford is very simple, but would require a different trans....minimal wiring which is why it's my first choice.
Use a carb and a old fashioned distributor and it would be EMP proof and one of the few vehicles still running after Putin and Biden start popping off nukes.

I was just going off info I read on the width at the bottom. I would LOVE a 4.8 swap.

Reactions: Average guy
Yup, nuthin fits...

See.... poop.

D6AC328E-7EE8-4225-B5FD-057471B42267.jpeg

Nobody has anything you’re talking about.

Holy shit I think I'm right! Your response is what a Lowtax response would have looked like had he not Five-seveN'ed himself! For those who are lucky enough to be clueless about the autism that was Lowtax and the SA forums, enjoy!

Holy shit I think I'm right! Your response is what a Lowtax response would have looked like had he not Five-seveN'ed himself! For those who are lucky enough to be clueless about the autism that was Lowtax and the SA forums, enjoy!

Whut 😶

Um ok......

I’m happy for you,

Or I’m sorry that happened.

I ain’t following your rambling and don’t care enough to.
I’m still down to see him perform sexual acts with his newly formed vagina.

yea bender give it your all you can do it , you can do anything ....

go-for-it-you-can-do-it.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bender