• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

1576497197162.png

Jamie told me she wanted some ribs for a staff lunch on Friday. She told me last night. I forgot and luckily woke up at 4 and remembered to get them on. The smoker said -8 when I turned it on. So cold the auger needed a little help to get going?
C15991E5-4AFF-4EBB-8588-E8B503175FDC.jpeg

Looks great!
Ok got to ask, what’s with the hanging garbage can? ?

That's the seed bin this stupid Squirrel keeps chewing through to get some midnight munchies! Thee only thing keeping him from LITERALLY chewing the ever loving crap outta it anymore is to suspend it. I gotta live trap set for him, but he ain't taking the bait. If we open the top of that can one more time and that son of a bitch comes flying out, well, I'm not certain our hearts can suffer another "event". ?

I can't believe he can move like that after gorging on half his body weight!? He's a fucking Squirrel, not an Orca.?

20190922_142024.jpg

He don't get it. If I gotta blow a hole through my shop to finish this, I will. ? This is personal now. ? If I were him, I'd haul my ass into that live trap and slam the door behind me. Then I'm transporting him, in restraints, to Raymond to accomplish the relocation program in a safe, humane way. ??????

PM me your addy Moose. I got something for you. It's Christmas. No thx neccessary. ??

Jimmy

make a little double thick backstop (i used a couple scraps of 5/8” OSB) and bait in front.

CCI quiets out of my mkII are really quiet even without a can. Kills well, no hole in shop

We made a device that a corncob was screwed onto. That way they couldnt take the bait and run.
plus then you get to eat squirrel after which is always good.

I can't kill the damn thing. Even if he wasn't 'protected', I just couldn't. He's been a ton of entertainment, but he's gotta go. If he catches an 'errant' dart one night, well, that's on him......

Reactions: Barneybdb
Who has one of the cast iron Big Green Egg style cookers? Saw them being made on How Its Made

OK, I was gonna make some "off-c****" jokes about the hanging garbage-can too, but I don't need the AARP getting all up-in-my-face for bad humor and poor timing.

It's about time that the NWA (or is it NBA?) gets the respect and recognition that they deserve. These 'afronym groups' are getting me all confused.

(see what I did there?)

Merry Christmas

• Love
Reactions: tnichols and 1J04
I can't kill the damn thing. Even if he wasn't 'protected', I just couldn't. He's been a ton of entertainment, but he's gotta go. If he catches an 'errant' dart one night, well, that's on him......
You need my new weapon, the gel blaster, make his life uncomfortable. 250 fps stings.....

1577067105145.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
@1J04

Alright buddy. Any animal is fair game in my book if tearing up my stuff. rats I say. Bit I eat em anyways......

get a few and have squirrel brains and dumplings. you haffa axe Creeky for the recipe! ?

• Love
Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
Had a get together last night. What a hoot....I feel like shit today....

At any rate, I realized we only post meat stuff...I made some beer braised shrimp with chilis and my homemade cocktail sauce for the party

These are yummy

View attachment 7207906

Are you saying the meat that comes from inside the shell of a shrimp isn't meat?

Cornfuzed....

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
Pork loin marinated for the day (apple juice, brown sugar, thyme, honey, etc...) and onto the Traeger for 2 hours +/- at 225 on Apple wood pellets. I usually do 2 or 4 (Traeger doesn’t care) and then Miss Lori distributes them around to the old folks in the country. We keep one for ourselves.
EBAB2453-2C22-415E-A238-3B43AABDABF3.jpeg

@1J04 galvanized steel trash can or food grade drum with ring. Either way, I'd put a little peanut butter on a large rat trap for your little buddy. Then parboil and fry.

Reactions: 1J04
@1J04 galvanized steel trash can or food grade drum with ring. Either way, I'd put a little peanut butter on a large rat trap for your little buddy. Then parboil and fry.

We had an encounter yesterday. He knows I'm after him, believe that. Gonna have to go next level I'm afraid. Chipper, you in trouble Son. ☹