• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

10 hours total. Wrapped for half of that.

Got it inside in one piece and let it cool so I could pull it apart.

20200114_203526.jpg

It worked out great. Tender, juicy and tons of flavor.
Don't pay attention to that section of the backstrap, it had to be taste tested before it was allowed inside the house.

How about a vegetable dish

Roasted broccoli with Parmesan and lemon PLUS a secret ingredient that @MtnCreek will know

And Greek roasted potatoes as well

View attachment 7226117

I feel like the biggest weakness in my cooking is not incorporating vegetables enough, and not making them be the "stars" more often.

My wife and I have talked about doing a purely vegetarian meal one night a week, the idea being to force us to be more creative with vegetables and let them stand out more.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love meat, but I would love to have the capability to make vegetable dishes that were mind blowing on their own merit, without the aid of meat.

I don't know but looks like some type of pork product fell in that dish.

We used to order the vegetarian pizza with extra meat.

I can't tell from the pics, but I agree that it looks like some can of pork product, perhaps pancetta.

Also looks like it could be some type of mushroom, like oyster mushrooms. I'm having a hard time telling from my small cellphone screen.

Reactions: Snuby642
I feel like the biggest weakness in my cooking is not incorporating vegetables enough, and not making them be the "stars" more often.

My wife and I have talked about doing a purely vegetarian meal one night a week, the idea being to force us to be more creative with vegetables and let them stand out more.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love meat, but I would love to have the capability to make vegetable dishes that were mind blowing on their own merit, without the aid of meat.

Don't know if you care for Indian food, but the Indians are masters of turning veggies into delicacies that don't require meat to be amazing.

Don't know if you care for Indian food, but the Indians are masters of turning veggies into delicacies that don't require meat to be amazing.

I agree, they do wonders with vegetables. I always tell people that if I was a vegetarian, I would be eating a lot of Indian food!

Last edited:
Reactions: Odysseus1911

Cooking a vegetable only menu isn’t likely to yield further positive results. I find that people always focus on the entree and treat everything else as a side dish. I hate that phrase.

I really approach it a little differently. Every dish on the menu receives equal care and attention. They are selected as carefully as the “star”.

Reactions: kthomas
There are so many daal's out there, and there are so many different recipe's for each type of daal. The possibilities are nearly endless. My Lady never used to touch the stuff, and now she requests it.

And some are high in protein, too. Very high.

Sorry if not right section, we got out first real cold snap here in Ohio. Nice Jameson buzz and filets and porterhouses smoked then reverse seared. Loving on this chilling moose stick while they burn.

Attachments

• D4B4C571-2A82-4A61-BC53-3BD8EB77FE5C.jpeg
    D4B4C571-2A82-4A61-BC53-3BD8EB77FE5C.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 47
Picked up 2 dozen Oyster shooters yesterday from Goose Point. They made'm fresh for me when I called them. They're really good people. We pretty much slugged'm all but 4 down. Shoulda just ate'm all! ??

20200122_180518.jpg
20200122_180525.jpg
20200122_180534.jpg
20200122_180550.jpg
20200122_180555.jpg
20200122_214826.jpg

And speaking of "Goose Point". This Goose IS on point. Volume !!!!

Last edited:
Picked up 2 dozen Oyster shooters yesterday from Goose Point. They made'm fresh for me when I called them. They're really good people. We pretty much slugged'm all but 4 down. Shoulda just ate'm all! ??

View attachment 7232122View attachment 7232123View attachment 7232124View attachment 7232125View attachment 7232126View attachment 7232127

And speaking of "Goose Point". This Goose IS on point. Volume !!!!

The one thing I can’t do is raw oysters. Never been a fan. I know I know shame on me ?

• Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Moose they were soooo damn good and fresh. Just made, hot off the press, due to a hook up. AND you get a ton of shot glasses. lol i sed schott glass.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Moose they were soooo damn good and fresh. Just made, hot off the press, due to a hook up. AND you get a ton of shot glasses. lol i sed schott glass.
I don’t remember the last time I tired a shooter, I might give them a try again.
I do love me some cooked in the shell on the bbq with hot sauce.
My wife’s uncle works for Ekone oysters. I will have to pick some up this summer for cooking.

Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Okay, so we went on a bike ride and we decided to eat a small snack before going out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant.

First, the pics made them look yellowy. They aren't, it's just the lighting.

We split one to tide us over before leaving.

They look like real burgers until you look close. Then you notice they are black bean "burgers".

The good:
They tasted really good and had a meaty, smoky flavor thanks to the liquid smoke.

The bad:
Texture. It ain't meat, but I actually liked it.

I suppose they aren't really much different than crab cakes.

I love crab. Add in a bunch of fillers and you still have crab, just there are other tastes and textures.

Now, please forgive me, but I'll be incommunicado for a few hours. Gonna go and gorge ourselves on real meat. ?

Okay, so we went on a bike ride and we decided to eat a small snack before going out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant.

First, the pics made them look yellowy. They aren't, it's just the lighting.

We split one to tide us over before leaving.

They look like real burgers until you look close. Then you notice they are black bean "burgers".

The good:
They tasted really good and had a meaty, smoky flavor thanks to the liquid smoke.

The bad:
Texture. It ain't meat, but I actually liked it.

I suppose they aren't really much different than crab cakes.

I love crab. Add in a bunch of fillers and you still have crab, just there are other tastes and textures.

Now, please forgive me, but I'll be incommunicado for a few hours. Gonna go and gorge ourselves on real meat. ?

Bean burgers once in awhile by choice isnt a bad thing. Im not surprised yyou found them tasty and Im expecting they are tasty.

When I got some crazed AOC bitch telling me my eating of meat is destroying the planet and I need to switch to a soy based diet that will give me man boobs than there needs to be a line.

Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
Yep, that line needs to be a firing line. ?

Just got back from dinner at the Chicken Taco Loco restaurant.

Rebecca ordered this awesome shrimp cocktail thingy and flank/skirt steak. I had a rib eye done up with a bowl of beans, rice and a grilled onion.

So yeah, we made up for the Beano burger.

Family took me out for birthday dinner at an old Cambridge restaurant, type of place my wife hates, type of place quickly fading from the American scene - Frank's Steakhouse.

Its not "Square Grouper" tasty but it was what I wanted tonight.

Had a great Greek Salad and a medium to well end cut King Prime Rib.

Tried a Jefferson rye - didnt find it to my liking so I went with the tried and true Bulleit and did just fine.

Kids had a bunch of ice cream and chocolate cake after while I guzzled a good black coffee.

A good night.

Some sort of "sweet" boar sausage from a friend and the Chemex prepped for some Black Rifle Coffee, Just Black.....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Needed some color....added onions a roasted pepper....

image.jpg

Eggs? Why not...

image.jpg

Coffee is almost there....

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Barneybdb