• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

20200308_201819.jpg

Put a boneless chuck roast on the PBC today and made pulled beef out of it. Turned out pretty well.

IMG_20200313_181622.jpg

IMG_20200313_181838.jpg
Pizza meat loaf.
50 50 mix of burger and sausage. Then add in bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, s&p, parmesan cheese, diced onion, garlic and then mix well.
Spread it out on plastic wrap and then a layer of mozzarella cheese and sliced pepperoni. Roll that up and remove the plastic wrap and cover it with more pepperoni slices. wrap it up in foil. Bake for about a hour. Remove the foil and cover it with mozzarella cheese and back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Served with spaghetti sauce on top.

After seeing that chicken I had to have a favorite spicy pork.
This is fantastic with fresh corn tortillas from the local tortillaria and a slaw that's just a bit of vinegar, lemon salt and pepper.
But since the woman and I are doing the low carb. Just the pork today.
Country style ribs cubed.
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, smoked paprika, chilli powder, cayenne pepper, thyme and brown sugar. All into a bowl and tossed to coat. Browned in a skillet then removed. Add half stick of butter and a tablespoon of garlic to the pan for a bit and then add the pork back in for a few minutes more.
MVIMG_20200315_183232.jpg

So did another pork butt all nite.
I get the biggest in the rack.

6 hrs slow and low on the smoker and 6 in the oven tightly wrapped.

Had trouble with my digital remote temp probe? Ended up with manual probe, slowed me down.

Possibly accidentally swapped probes with another unit? Pita.

Normally a 10 hr cook total 6 hrs at 225 low smoke, stall. Then a tight wrap and 250 in the oven till 200 degrees.

Luckily salvaged it.

You can push a broken probe in to test for tenderness, thats how I found out the probe was wrong.

I got an ink bird 6 probe that I love! They’re super durable, accurate, and very reasonably priced. I got mine from amazon.

Reactions: Snuby642
One of those would be great as some days I might have brisket, pork butt and a chicken on at the same time.

I hate doing chicken as it is unforgiving as hell.

So in Fort Worth I never see tri tip at the grocery.

Where is that cut taken from?

Side note.
Local chain store grinding up full steaks to sell ground beef.

That is blastfamy.

Left over x 3, new life.

So the pork butt that was smoked and oven finished, some went day one for BBQ sandwiches, day two some went for pork and beans.

Day three pork and beans drained, mashed fried and seasoned can be supper or breakfast .

20200320_194022.jpg

Not rocket science.

If in these times of limited availability you never walk past a pork butt, ever!

If you snag a pork butt and are not comfortable with how to cook it pm me I will help you use what you have.

They are like gold on a budget.

Last edited:
Left over x 3, new life.

So the pork butt that was smoked and oven finished, some went day one for BBQ sandwiches, day two some went for pork and beans.

Day three pork and beans drained, mashed fried and seasoned can be supper or breakfast .

View attachment 7277896

Not rocket science.

If in these times of limited availability you never walk past a pork butt, ever!

If you snag a pork butt and are not comfortable with how to cook it pm me I will help you use what you have.

They are like gold on a budget.
True Fact!

Reactions: Snuby642
So being stuck at home and having a smoker it was only a matter of time. My wife and sister in law wanted me to do some snack sticks in a sweet maple bacon seasoning (I added some cheddar because I like cheese). Well I ran out of my last batch of summer sausage so I made that instead of the sticks using 85/15 beef. (Process is identical just bigger non edible casings) Smoked these yesterday. They’re a little too sweet for me but my wife loves it!

didn’t get any mixing pics but here they are stuffed and ready for a rest in the fridge overnight
1584981730799.jpeg

into the smoker for a while (using ink bird ibt 6xs thermometer for temps)
1584981786328.jpeg

out of the smoker
1584981857301.jpeg

money shot, love the way it looks!
1584981921236.jpeg

Stuffed pizza pocket.
Make your pizza dough and form it into a small dessert bowl. I put in some cheese, bacon, a slice of tomato and then a venison burger. Cover with a bit of Pizza dough and pinch together.
I bake them on a pizza stone with cornmeal. A bit more cheese and a couple slices of pepperoni before going into the oven for 10 minutes at 400.
MVIMG_20200325_184022.jpg

The woman suggested that I baste with garlic butter before putting the cheese and pepperoni on.

nDEyNm.jpg

g57DiD.jpg

Ground turkey fattie stuffed with mozz cheese, red bell pepper, turkey pepperoni and red sauce all wrapped up in a bacon weave.

DM1ts9.jpg

zI77ES.jpg

Italian sausage fattie stuffed with provolone cheese, hard salami, black olives and red sauce all wrapped up in a thick cut bacon weave.

Both got smoked with hickory until an internal temp of 160 was achieved.

nDEyNm.jpg

g57DiD.jpg

Ground turkey fattie stuffed with mozz cheese, red bell pepper, turkey pepperoni and red sauce all wrapped up in a bacon weave.

DM1ts9.jpg

zI77ES.jpg

Italian sausage fattie stuffed with provolone cheese, hard salami, black olives and red sauce all wrapped up in a thick cut bacon weave.

There use de to be a thing you could buy locally....

It was called a Capone Roast.

It was beef wrapped around some cappicola, wrapped around something else and layered with cheese.

Got to find me one of those again.

Your post reminded me of it.

Reactions: 1J04
nDEyNm.jpg

g57DiD.jpg

DM1ts9.jpg

zI77ES.jpg

Outstanding!

Sirloin cap streak.

One of my favorite cuts!
View attachment 7282654

Pro tip.

Chain groceries store put sirloin on sale and had all the caps / ends in the rack.

Called out the butcher and told him I needed a bigger piece for a party. He said ok and got a whole 3 foot long uncut sirloin out.

He held his knife at a 1/3, no bigger, 1/2 no bigger , 3/4, aw hell just wrap up the whole thing.

Puzzled look as he wrapped and priced it, he said I think I got took.
About 40lbs worth

I told him yes but going to feed GI's from 2 different bases and all the local girls we could hustle up for them.

He just smiled.

I cut 2 small roasts off the ends to square it up and the rest went into the smoker whole, barely fit.

Popo came by to see what was up with the crowd and noise and drunken goings on.

Explained and told them my wife had taken all car keys away allready.

Was told to carry on.

nDEyNm.jpg

g57DiD.jpg

DM1ts9.jpg

zI77ES.jpg

So in laymans terms we are making a stromboli out of meat.

Nice.