• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

FUCK COVID-19

Having 2 couples join us this evening for a BBQ (10 total per RI rules from our crazy bitch in charge)

Look at these beauties - Dry aged, prime grade and ready to go on the Pit Barrel Cooker

One is 4 lbs and the other is 2.5 lbs. Will also smoke a nice sized chicken...Cocktails to boot

Hope you're all having fun

Prime Rib Eye Steaks.jpg

Last edited:
FUCK COVID-19

Having 2 couples join us this evening for a BBQ (10 total per RI rules from our crazy bitch in charge)

Look at these beauties - Dry aged, prime grade and ready to go on the Pit Barrel Cooker

One is 4 lbs and the other is 2.5 lbs. Will also smoke a nice sized chicken...Cocktails to boot

View attachment 7283891
I’d happily turn those into ?

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
Locked up during the virus attack and all the restaurants closed, I’m longing for a good Hangtown Fry for breakfast. May have to try it myself.

Made the wife and I an omelet this morning.

Made a rookie mistake.
I cooked ham and onions in my omelet pan.

Sugars from the ham got on the pan and scorched just a bit.

I had a perfect omlet till there was a little sticking on dismount.

Don't be lazy like me and use a second pan for pre heating fillings.

A lot of people learning how to cook .
These days they have internet recipies and instructions.

But they get totally lost when some ingredients are missing from shelves.

A couple of days ago my wife scrounged up a good chef's salad.

Croutons were stale.

Funyuns onion rings were a great substitute maybe our new go to. Lol

Could make croutons but bread is short saving yeast etc. For when we need is most.

there will be a lot of wtf do we make with this going on in contagen land.

The Child Bride has been self quarantined for almost 3 weeks. Tonight we went for a two hour cruise through the countryside. I was rewarded with a homemade from scratch pizza.
20200329_193109.jpg

Mild cheeses, oil not tomato sauce, lots of toppings. Most worthy of a cold lager.

A lot of people learning how to cook .
These days they have internet recipies and instructions.

But they get totally lost when some ingredients are missing from shelves.

A couple of days ago my wife scrounged up a good chef's salad.

Croutons were stale.

Funyuns onion rings were a great substitute maybe our new go to. Lol

Could make croutons but bread is short saving yeast etc. For when we need is most.

there will be a lot of wtf do we make with this going on in contagen land.
Good job.

Sourdough is your friend. That, and it's time's like these where I truly do appreciate our grain mill and our 'many pounds' of stored wheat. Whole-grain bread truly is SO MUCH better than what they call 100% whole wheat.

Massive difference. Believe me.

And as I stated for the yeast, by all means, get yourselves into "sourdough" starter. It's easy, and you have it there with you already.

Mmmmm, love home-baked bread. We don't do it any longer -- like you say -- low carbs and all. I miss that food!

Reactions: jungle45
Made a stop by the local butcher shop and had him cut me up some filet mignon for a birfday celebration tomorrow. Gonna get grilled and topped with some blue cheese cream sauce, the birthday girls preferred way
689C4C03-F2E1-4E0D-9D66-546D7EDD122B.jpeg

That looks very nice. I've just seen an ad for bags that allow you to dry age beef. Has anyone tried these? Should you use good quality beef or more fatty beef?

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Making dry aged steaks tonight for the wife and I's 2 year anniversary:

IMG_20200401_183511.jpg

Potatoes, onion, carrot and jalapeno medley cooked on the charcoal grill as a side:

IMG_20200401_183712.jpg

Complimented with mezcal drinks made with fresh squeezed grapefruit from the neighbor's yard:

IMG_5860.jpg

I worked half of the day and came home to cut the grass and then sprayed about three quarters of a mile of fence line with vegetation killer.
I sat down and was enjoying a Yee Haw Dunkle beer. The woman was in the kitchen and the house smelled great.
She took my empty can and replaced it with a Guinness. Then she puts a magazine on the coffee table and walked away.
She returned with a plate of Guinness roast, a baked potato and a buttered slice of molasses wheat bread.
MVIMG_20200402_181754.jpg

Grits and Sausage.

20200404_204314.jpg

No shrimp to be had, fine.

Pepers, green onions, garlic, salt , pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika.

20200404_172024.jpg

Six strips of bacon rendered down reserve grease in pan pull bacon and chop. Cut sausage and brown then add vegetables, bacon goes back in last.

20200404_183258.jpg

A cup of grits and use chicken broth and milk instead of water when near done add 8oz of shredded white cheddar cheese. Constant oversite and stirring required at this time.

Not a big mess to clean for the treat to be had.

My bride wont let me in HER kitchen. Only she is allowed to cook. Glad I maried an Italian.

1 large sweet vadalia onion
sliced. A good dash of thyme, salt and pepper on them.

2 8oz chicken breast cubed. Sprinkled with salt pepper and garlic powder.

8oz of penne pasta
2 cloves garlic minced.
1 cup beef broth.

6 to 8oz of gruyere cheese. You can sub 4oz each of mozzarella and parmesan
Grated.

Olive oil and butter

A large Pat of butter and a good splash of oil in the large skillet add the onion.

In another skillet with a splash of oil add the chicken and brown.

Start your pot of water to cook the pasta.

Stir the onions and add half the stock. Keep stirring add the garlic. They need to get pretty brown and you don't want to burn them or scorch the garlic.
About 3/4 way cooked down add the rest of the stock and continue stirring.

Put the pasta in the boiling water.

The chicken should be lightly browned. Remove from heat and add to the onions when they are dark but not burned.

Drain the pasta and add to the larger skillet with the onions and chicken. Blend in the cheese.

Boom!
Next time I make this I will add a beef bullion cube to the pasta water.
I hope to get a deeper richer beef taste like you get from a good french onion soup.

Details? Looks good!

Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
FUCK COVID-19

View attachment 7283891

Can't believe I missed this post. These look beautiful

Reactions: Nik H and Snuby642
What do you do with beef fillet trimmings?
Silverskin...trash.
Fat...?
Fatty strip of red beef...?

That strip should be good for something?

They get fed to the dog.
What do you do with beef fillet trimmings?
Silverskin...trash.
Fat...?
Fatty strip of red beef...?

That strip should be good for something?
He loves the breakfast ham division day. Bacon division day. Well he just loves human food. So yeah he gets the trimmings and then some.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Let's talk Butter.
We have two different kinds in the house. One is just the every day cooking, frying or whatever use. The other is for when you want it to be a level of flavor or for a slice of toasted homemade bread. For that we use
MVIMG_20200409_182847.jpg

What's your choice?

Since we went to the peanut butter.
Who's had a toasted peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich?
Use the marshmallow creme and your favorite peanut butter (extra crunchy Jiff) then fry like a grilled cheese.

Reactions: Snuby642
Since we went to the peanut butter.
Who's had a toasted peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich?
Use the marshmallow creme and your favorite peanut butter (extra crunchy Jiff) then fry like a grilled cheese.

Jesus h crist, sounds like a damn yankee recipie.

Think I may make one for the missus, she likes that kind of thing..

I stuff my peanut butter into a jalapeno and grill it.

It's all good.

Want to freek out some Yankees next get together (post v).

Get your round ritz crackers, smear with peanut butter, place a drained pickled jalapeno slice on it.

The heat completely disappears and is a great snack.

Everyone likes smores right?
Not beer drinkers.

Wrong.

Sprinkle with cyan pepper or add a couple of jalapeno pepper slices and party on.

This is from the woman.
Take a fudge stripe cookie and put peanut butter on the back then top with another cookie.
Sometimes she will dunk them in melted chocolate. Some in white chocolate and some in milk chocolate.