• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

I can't wait for Dinner! ? An unexpected package showed up, again!? Thank you secret Santa! ???

20200414_134258_001.jpg

20200414_171526.jpg

Not bad considering my smokers thermometer craped out 2 hrs in. Smokin blind for the next 6. Turned out just a little dry, but you wouldnt know since there are no left overs.

In the market for a new smoker now. Want to get a little bigger. Thinking of sticking with LP. Any recommendations?

Love my Masterbuilt propane. I’ll get the specifics on it to you tomorrow but here’s a picture. Also I don’t use the built in thermometer. I use an inkbird ibt-6x (I think the 6 probe model but all their stuff is great) for temps of the smoker and meat. You can see the probes in the 2nd pic.

1586921529923.jpeg

1586921488681.jpeg

The weather getting nicer has a lot of benefits... I am finally back to cooking the way I like to!

Here's last night's fare:

1587036755775.png

1587036784633.png

Pork loin done on my Yoder, taters in my cast iron. Asparagus was marinated for about an hour or so with salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and some horseradish, then spread on a rack and broiled at 350 for probably... 15 minutes. Was all good stuff.

Man that looks good!

It really was Brother. I'd never tried Omaha Steaks products before. I've been lucky to try their stuff twice now thanks to a damn good friend. Always wanted to, but just never pulled the trigger. If you haven't tried their stuff, do it. Really. Just make an order. You will not regret it!

The weather getting nicer has a lot of benefits... I am finally back to cooking the way I like to!

Here's last night's fare:

View attachment 7299950

View attachment 7299951

Pork loin done on my Yoder, taters in my cast iron. Asparagus was marinated for about an hour or so with salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and some horseradish, then spread on a rack and broiled at 350 for probably... 15 minutes. Was all good stuff.

Damn good looking meal. I like to stuff some garlic cloves, Rosemary, and/or Thyme into the Loin. Sooo good.

Reactions: MtnCreek
I think this is my 3rd or 4th loaf since this crap all started! Found out several years ago that I’m actually allergic to gluten and I’ve missed banana bread like crazy! Well any real bread actually, but this stuff is just like real bread! My wife (who doesn’t have to be gluten free) has been after me for several days to make more of this. She’ll eat as much or more of it than I will!
1587128003218.jpeg

1587128026245.jpeg

1587128056721.jpeg

looks great! I would like a thick slice with some good butter slathered on please!!

My kiddo is on a GF diet and loves bread.
my special lady has been baking stuff for her and I have been making bisquits, waffles, and pancakes to keep her craving for breads satisfied.

I am doing the diet with her to be aupportive and would love your banana bread recipe.
im allergic to bananas, but baking them does something and I have no reaction.

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
looks great! I would like a thick slice with some good butter slathered on please!!

My kiddo is on a GF diet and loves bread.
my special lady has been baking stuff for her and I have been making bisquits, waffles, and pancakes to keep her craving for breads satisfied.

I am doing the diet with her to be aupportive and would love your banana bread recipe.
im allergic to bananas, but baking them does something and I have no reaction.

PM sent

Reactions: powdahound76
Jimmy
Shoot me that scallops recipe if you would please.

love love love me some scallops.

lady I know does as well......

Tell me is was a nice NZ Sav Blanc with all that delightfulness? and what kind?

I know one I really like. Clear bottle. Stag on the bottle and just the name. A hint of jalapeño in it, juet enough to know its not another boring sav blanc..... I will get some and tell you the name. Always want to hear what others are having too......

Reactions: 1J04 and jungle45
Okay, here ya go. And as always, feel free to change up either the spices, or the amounts of each to your taste, like the Cayenne. We like a tad more to give them a nice bite.

I meltdown a brick of butter, then coat the baking dish with butter. Just enough to put a nice glaze of butter on the bottom before putting the Scallops in.

I do the same thing for the foil in the baking sheet for fish when I bake it. For the fish I use a bit of

1587185469445.png

I also use a bit for the Scallops. Anyhow, then just some Sea Salt, Pepper, EVOO, squeeze half a lemon over it, dice up some sweet onion, and let it all sit for about 5 mins.

Crank the oven on to 400. Scallops are gonna be done in about 15 mins, depending on size, and the fish will be the same depending on thickness as well. "My" rule of thumb is peek at 15 and check fish with fork for flakiness.

If your panko concoction isn't brown or crispy enough to your liking, crank on the broiler for a minute or two.

1587185469445.png
20200417_214220.jpg
20200417_214250.jpg
20200417_214006.jpg

Tonight's dinner:

First grilled up some brussel sprouts, coated in avocado oil and salt and pepper, grilled over charcoal and apple wood.

IMG_20200418_185504.jpg

Then put some scallops on a hot cast iron on the charcoal grill, cooked with butter, sea salt and pepper.

IMG_20200418_191049.jpg

Plated up, drizzling some balsamic glaze over the brussel sprouts. Was a simple and delicious meal. The brussel sprouts took really well to the apple wood smoke.

IMG_20200418_191252.jpg

Tonight's dinner:

First grilled up some brussel sprouts, coated in avocado oil and salt and pepper, grilled over charcoal and apple wood.

View attachment 7302622

Then put some scallops on a hot cast iron on the charcoal grill, cooked with butter, sea salt and pepper.

View attachment 7302623

Plated up, drizzling some balsamic glaze over the brussel sprouts. Was a simple and delicious meal. The brussel sprouts took really well to the apple wood smoke.

View attachment 7302627
That looks awesome!

Reactions: 1J04 and kthomas
It was a rainy, dreary and relatively uneventful day.

I set a new LOP on the AXMC and will try it tomorrow. I really like it after lots of dry fire.

Also made 10 quarts of chicken stock from some smoked chicken carcasses that I made last week....will make some good chicken gravy and a couple of soups that I can freeze

Chicken Stock.jpg

It was a rainy, dreary and relatively uneventful day.

I set a new LOP on the AXMC and will try it tomorrow. I really like it after lots of dry fire.

Also made 10 quarts of chicken stock from some smoked chicken carcasses that I made last week....will make some good chicken gravy and a couple of soups that I can freeze

View attachment 7302645

This is something I wish I did more of.

Reactions: 1J04
Tonight's dinner:

View attachment 7302622

View attachment 7302623

View attachment 7302627

Ya know, I've been thinking about tossing a cast iron skillet on the Traeger for things like this since I don't have a charcoal grill anymore. This does it. You've got me to the point it's a done deal. Gonna do it. Depending on what I'm doing, I figure I can just crank the thing up with the skillet in there to let it get good n hot, then go.

Great looking meal!!

I got volunteered to make a cheesecake. Never used a springform pan. Any tips on how to not fuck up?

Ya know, I've been thinking about tossing a cast iron skillet on the Traeger for things like this since I don't have a charcoal grill anymore. This does it. You've got me to the point it's a done deal. Gonna do it. Depending on what I'm doing, I figure I can just crank the thing up with the skillet in there to let it get good n hot, then go.

Great looking meal!!

I've really been enjoying using cast iron and the charcoal grill. Grilling over charcoal definitely enhances the flavor of certain foods, and it's easy to get a nice smoke by adding wood of your choice (apple, hickory, mesquite, etc).

It's a fun and rewarding way to cook, and the outcomes are generally very tasty.

Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
A childhood favorite. Memories of going to grandma's in Brooklyn and eating arroz con pollo. That almost burnt stuck to the bottom of the skillet rice is like potato chips. A simple dish but ohh so good.
MVIMG_20200422_190111.jpg

Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb