• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Official Beer Snob Thread

OMG, I just tried Pliny the Elder this evening. Wow.

How and/or where on earth did you find any!? I wish those guys weren’t so stingy with their distribution. Because they could make so much more money if they sold more! Particularly Pliny the younger and Blind pig brews.

I wear flannel.
I shoot a 6.5.
I have a beard.

Any good beer.
No sweet.
No darned diet Coors.

Do you even lumber Jack bro?

right after our 3 mile run, we can split a 1/2 cord of wood each. Splitting maul, no machines

Last one to finish both has to drink the other's beer for a year!

I found the perfect beer for you guys

C8C3507C-5487-40B3-ADC1-8E4AE3E786FE.jpeg

How and/or where on earth did you find any!? I wish those guys weren’t so stingy with their distribution. Because they could make so much more money if they sold more! Particularly Pliny the younger and Blind pig brews.
Parry’s Pizza on tap in Colorado Springs

Reactions: ColinW
That looks pretty serious at 13.5% How does it drink?
Delicious. Not like strong alcohol but I usually drink bourbon so maybe it would to others. A neighbor gave it to me. Sent me what they had and I tried this but he said the walnut fudge was incredible.
4EF594B0-B423-401B-91E4-77AA818844B6.jpeg

50BBE631-7FDC-4B15-AB75-6C3757761220.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Odysseus1911
I'm trying this for the first time. Not nearly as good as their Bomb!, but not bad. 12% abv and aged in whiskey barrels, it's definitely boozy, but I like a little boozy.
7B16EDAA-1B33-4C53-B6AD-05DDD3FEFAFB.jpeg

Reactions: db2000
FD4E9A33-B256-4FE8-B5A7-FC6057D9AD47.jpeg

Sorry none of my beer can pics were any good.

What’s wrong here? The unflushed toliet? The bleached rug? The hastily secured tp holder? Or what I would asssume is a yogurt covered raisin that no one will pick up for the last month? In the name of science im waiting this one out!

Found this and got a pack. If you like Dragons Milk, this is similar but stronger barrel flavor.

15259353382942.png
Internet sucks so I didn’t get your pic but I am a fan of dragon’s milk.

9F78F47D-814E-4689-BA29-823F57F86D6F.jpeg

More local swill for me. Pretty good this year.

Nothing comes close to Orval trappist ale.
A good safe is Moose drool ale by Big Sky brewing up Montana way.
A new one I'm kind of fond of is Stella Artois midnight lager (yes Stella comes in dark).
Wow, the flash picked up what looks like dust but is not really there ???
IMG_0303.JPG

Reactions: theLBC
I have tried this one and like it a lot. Pain in the ass to get as I can only find it at 99 Ranch.View attachment 7809635
I've been trying to get that for forever.
Years ago they pulled it from the US market and I contacted Sapporo in Japan and asked how much to send me like 10 cases or so and they would not do it.
It was excellent beer but I have not seen it in at least 20 years.

Trying this new release from Boulevard. Part of their Smokestack series. It's really different, but I like it. Light bodied like a blonde ale, but with chocolate. Not bad.
9062765A-E78B-47A2-896C-E6592053B5A8.jpeg

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
So the local tavern has this on tap and I must say it is DAMN DELICIOUS

Goes down well with a neat whiskey to contrast it.

Mast Landing's Gunners Daughter

Attachments

• gunslant.jpg
    gunslant.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 26
Haven't been able to drink a long time, it messes with my stomach and nerves now, interferes with meds... Sucks. Getting old sucks in general. I used to brew prior to the divorce though, and my buddy and I still have a complete all grain 15gal. "kit" upstairs. All sorts of extras including a hopback (think of a commercial RO filter but with the filter material replaced with fresh hops). IPA's without the bitterness, just on another level entirely. I liked the stuff we made better than 90% of the stuff out there.

Could brew Paulaner Hefe and you couldn't tell the difference between ours and the stuff they sell.

But my favorite beer of all, nothing comes close, is SCHLENKERLA --a smoke beer from Bamburg Germany. Something I was never able to come close to copying. Requires smoking the grain first. Like BBQ in a bottle! That's a beer I'm willing to suffer the side effects for!

Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout is another that's out of this world. Pretty sure they just ferment coffee because "coffee flavor" or "coffee added" doesn't cut it at all.

Believe it or not, Amsterdam is one of the best places in the world you can go for beer, they have it all. If you're ever there go to the beer store across the street from the royal palace. Belgique is a pub the size of a bathroom that has some of the best beers on tap and also sell trappist cheese to go with that trappist ale on tap too. God I miss that place!

Bunch of fucking pussies, regular night out:
10479904.jpg

Getting ready to do some crazy shit and not remember anything:
91ea9355df7094d56a006a4c5a7878a7.jpg

Just found a new favorite Tripel.

LnBuZw

I met one of the brewers from that company a handful of years back at a Blues fest in the white mountains.
That one was not his as it was created before he started there. He shared with me a couple samples of stuff he was working on. Both were very very good. I shared with him the bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue I had brought with me.
Really cool guy and made really good beer too.